PDA

View Full Version : Avatar: the last Airbender homebrew game

lord pringle
2010-02-19, 12:55 PM
It is the year 469 PFA
Tensions are high in all kingdoms.
The fire nation, under Lord Ajira is having harsh negotiations with the Air nomads.
The North pole water tribe is angry at the avatars for making their homeland be in an inhospitable land
The South pole is with no avail trying to calm air fire relations
The Earth kingdom is under the rule of a paranoid king who believes that Earthbending makes those who can preform it superior to others.
The Air nomads, the foggy swamp tribe and the sun warriors are rumored to be having secret negotiations

All characters for some reason or another (think up your own reason!) have arrived at the docks at a town where the 52 (http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/avatar/images/5/5d/Avatar_World_002.jpg/) is.suddenly a street fight breaks out between Airbenders along those siding with their point on the argument and Firebenders

Kazasu
2010-02-19, 09:05 PM
A presence emerges from a nearby boat. Walking from the wooden planks onto more solid ground, the bronzed young man looks at the fighting, and feels a distinct distaste. The "fighting" they were performing might as well have been a play. Actually, cross that. Plays need not be discriminated against nor slandered by such a comment. Regardless, they shouldn't be fighting, now should they? Kaiton's slow steps brought him closer and closer to the group, at which point he stopped.

"Fight only if it will change..." The comment could be heard as a mutter from under his breath. He fought for change, the change within himself, of those around him. And now, he could barely bring himself to look upon the disgrace among those in front of him.

"If you wish to fight!" The monk shouted with a strong voice, his robe fluttering as his brown hair drifts to the sides of his face. "Then fight me!"

Fluffy-fluffy-fluffy. =D

WrathOfLife
2010-02-20, 01:18 AM
In the silence that comes just after Kaiton finishes talking a loud strong voice quickly interrupts.

"Water Blast!" The voice cries out followed by a small stream of water that cascades over Kaitons head followed closely by a few fish and the bucket from which the water and the fish had previously occupied.

Aden stands behind Kaiton guilty and gives an apologetic smile to Kaiton. "Thought you needed to cool off." Aden is a 6'1 tall man with black hair, sea green eyes and a cocky smile that people just tend to naturally trust. He appears at the moment to be attempting to contain his own amusement at what he just did.

Turning to the others Aden addresses them quickly "Get out of here before the guard comes and you all get arrested. Fighting here won't solve anything."

[roll0]

Edit: So its extra clear, Aden dumped a bucket of water and fish on Kaitons head, he didn't water bend.

Bowerbird
2010-02-20, 01:29 AM
A mess of seaweed and kelp boils up out of the harbour and onto the docks, a short, overweight looking man climbs out of the tangled mess, stretching and yawning. He wears a leaf on his head and a leaf-skirt. "Wa's all 'is racket up 'ere? Can't a feller get a li'l shut eye?" He seems to notice the fight for the first time, "Well someone seems a li'l excitable? Y'all better git before the guards turn up, they don't take too kindly to folk brawlin' i the street, 'specially benders."

Kazasu
2010-02-20, 05:59 PM
The wet shoulder length hair falls down around his head. The splash.. didn't have the pressure as though it was meant to harm. Perhaps it was just from a simple bucket?

"Me? I simply believed them to be in earnest need of a lesson to show true fighting. This... 'Brawling' is unworthy of the blood within their very veins."

He speaks with a distinct distaste, followed by spitting onto the wooden ground, 5 inches from the fish. His clenched hand flickers with a burst of flame, it lasted all of a split second, before dieing out.

"But perhaps you are right... Besides.." As if on cue, his stomach growls with a sound able to compete with that of an air bison's growl. "Do you know if they sell anything spicy to eat here?" His hand follows to the behind of his head, with a smile.

WrathOfLife
2010-02-20, 09:36 PM
Aden stares at the swamp thing dragging himself out the water, then waves his hand over his face like he's trying to bring attention to something on the man. "You've got a little... something on your... everything." indicating the mass of vines tangling around him.

To Kaiton he smiles and laughs "I don't know, but I could sure go for some tea."

lord pringle
2010-02-21, 08:27 AM
The mob continues fighting
The town guard arrives and stares at those who aren't fighting (all the benders bow at the foggy swamp member) and the leader asks "How did it start?"

Kazasu
2010-02-21, 06:40 PM
After having nodded to Aden agreeing with the stated proposal of tea, he turns toward the guard. "I don't quite know how they started it.. but if you want help ending it.. I'm here. Besides, perhaps if someone taught them how to truly fight, it would of ended by now.."

lord pringle
2010-02-21, 09:01 PM
"Now now more violence doesn't solve anything!" He says as he pulls out a cattle prod:smallwink:

Kazasu
2010-02-22, 01:50 AM
"A true expression of ones self through the rhythmic dance of enlightened movements is not violence.. but pure truth.." Kaiton says in a soft voice in protest to the opposing man's declaration.

Bowerbird
2010-02-22, 05:55 AM
"Well I'ma not too sure what started 'em up, but I have enough harbour seaweed I can tangle 'em up and stop 'em hurtin' any more folk if you like?"

lord pringle
2010-02-22, 08:49 AM
The head guard turns to the foggy swamp member and says "That would be useful, thank you."

Bowerbird
2010-02-22, 09:27 AM
The swap tribe members raises his hands in bending kata, and tqin pillars of seaweed rise from the harbour, gradually taking the shape of hands. The giant hands loom over the fighting masses and crash down in a wet, tangled mass of vegetation, grasping at any and all who lie within it's borders.

I'm assuming I can use Move Element to entangle enemies? Effectively it may not be this awesome, but I like descriptiveness.

Kazasu
2010-02-22, 07:01 PM
Kaiton, still resisting the temptation to knock out the guard for incompetence, sits down, cross legged, closes his eyes, and takes slow methodic breaths.

I'm sure that'd be more a technique rather than a move element. ;P But I'm not the GM!

lord pringle
2010-02-22, 07:03 PM
move element sounds right.

Kazasu
2010-02-22, 07:26 PM
I still think he should make a technique based off of it. ;P

WrathOfLife
2010-02-22, 10:13 PM
Aden sighs at Kaiton "I'm fairly sure he's right, fighting doesn't solve anything. After all, when you punch some one, doesn't your fist hurt as well?"

Aden looks some what amused at the mass of vines that suddenly gets lumped on the fights. It was an strange method of ending a fight, but it certainly had flare.

lord pringle
2010-02-23, 09:00 AM
the guards leave (yes they're lazy...)

Bowerbird
2010-02-23, 10:35 AM
The Swamp Bender walks up to the pile of seaweed and people. "Shame on alla yer, out here makin a fuss, botherin' other decent folk. What would yer dear mothers think? Now I know yer have yer opinions on politics, but a street brawl ain't no way of expressin' yerself. All o' yeh stand up and say yer sorry like civilised folk, then go home to yer families, got it? no more of this fightin'"

lord pringle
2010-02-23, 07:34 PM
One man airbends the seaweed into the sea and their brawl resumes.

Kazasu
2010-02-23, 11:20 PM
Kaiton speaks to the man referring to fighting as though it was a simple... conflict? without even opening an eye. "My fist would hurt if I was not taught how to move as spirit, mind, and body combined. These people certainly have spirit, but they are lacking mind and body.. Perhaps if someone were to teach them the meaning of combat... they would not be fighting here, in this uncivilized manner. In fact...."

Kaiton makes a stand and begins walking toward the mass, flames surround his hands as he pushes himself forward. He bends down, his form being that relative to horse stance, as he breathes in, feeling the sun warm his own breath as he prepares to bring fire into existence. He then brings his hands upward, a barrier of fire then appears, blocking the side opposite of the mob, showing his attempt to direct their attention toward him.

Any way this can work would be nice.. XD And, any chance Kaiton's fire can be of a different color depending upon the action? ;P

lord pringle
2010-02-24, 07:25 PM
An airbender yells "Oy it's a firebender trying to find peace." his posse laughs

WrathOfLife
2010-02-24, 08:13 PM
Aden frowns at the airbender.
"I am impressed airbender, I didn't know you could project hot air as well cold. It is not so strange for a firebender to seek peace, for who else knows the evils of destruction better than a firebender? We who deal with the element of destruction understand all to well its dangers. We ask you again, cease your fighting, return to your homes. Live in peace."

Aden leans casually against the wall during this speech, his mind on a nice cup of warm tea.

lord pringle
2010-02-25, 08:18 AM
"A verbose firebender!" "you would be less suprised if you learned proper history in school" and with that the fight brakes out once more.

Kazasu
2010-02-25, 07:22 PM
"And all of you would be better off fighting me than eachother. Atleast I could give you a challenge!" Kaiton shouted again as he attempted to move his fire wall back toward himself, pushing the mob toward him and, as such, toward the water.

WrathOfLife
2010-02-27, 01:50 AM
Aden sighs "Come on Kaiton, lets just let them kill each other, its isn't our fight."

Bowerbird
2010-02-27, 02:03 AM
"A'right, I'm annoyed now, time for y'all ta cool off!" the Swamp Bender raises his hands and the seaweed returns in a single wave. Waving his arms the bender forms a wal of seaweed and uses it to shove the combatants into the harbour.