PDA

View Full Version : XBLA Worms

Krade
2010-02-19, 01:25 PM
So last week I managed to finally get my 360 on Live and while wishing I had more multi-player games than just Halo 3, I looked through the arcade and found Worms, and, incidentally, the superior Worms 2: Armageddon.

For those of you (likely (hopefully) few of you) unfamiliar with Worms, the gist is pretty simple: You have a team of worms, kill the other team with all the weapons at your disposal (such as bazookas, shotguns, dynamite and sheep). They also have some hilarious voice sets. I use Soul Man:smallcool: "Get on up!"

Anyway, I was wondering if anyone 'round here had it (or would be interested in getting it) and perhaps hooking up to play? It's a guaranteed good time*.

*Good time not guaranteed if you don't like Worms.

Timberwolf
2010-02-19, 01:32 PM
If I had an X box, can I say "Hell yeah" loud enough ?

Unfortunately no Xbox. It's great fun though.

Krade
2010-02-21, 12:53 AM
So... nobody can get in on this with me?:smallfrown:

Reinboom
2010-02-22, 01:08 AM
So... nobody can get in on this with me?:smallfrown:

I... had no idea that Armageddon was on XBLA. I am interested as soon as I can get it.

Crispy Dave
2010-02-22, 01:15 AM
I have the first XBLA worms and enjoy playing. I might get the second one if I decide to actually play my xbox sometime soon. Hit me up on live if you want anyway, My gamertag is "Crispydave1".

Krade
2010-02-22, 07:57 PM
Woo! Peeps!

Awesome.

My gamertag is Krade2k20.

Narudude360
2010-02-24, 02:27 PM
I have an Xbox, but not Worms.
I bought a memory unit, which originally came with it, but no longer has it.
Instead it's Geometry Wars: Retro Evolved. (Lame!)
My gamertag is Triscuitable.

Krade
2010-02-24, 08:26 PM
Well, Worms is worth costs 400 Microsoft Points (see also: $5). Not a lot of money really. Armageddon costs 800 (i.e. $10). I bought both, though in retrospect I probably should have skipped the first one since there isn't really any gameplay difference and Armageddon is much better executed (like all good sequels should be).

Other XBLA games I have:
Contra
Uno
Puzzle Quest
Aegis Wing (this one is free)

I've been thinking about getting Carcassonne since I never get to actually play it IRL even though I have it.