PDA

View Full Version : Mortal Kombat Undead Monk [3.5]

LichPrinceAlim
2010-02-19, 02:51 PM
Yes, monk sucks. But its one of my favorite classes. However, my DM was listening to me joke around, and said "Congrats! You're a Ghoul Monk!" I about killed him. However, he is decent to say the least. I mean, basically Paralysis with 3d8? However, I want to multiclass in a way I've never before. I'm tweaking the build slightly from the beginning, because he chose my feats...

Here's my revamp concept:

Race: Ghoul (He said at 10th lv, I become a Ghast)
Class: Monster 5/Monk 5/Tattooed Monk 5/X 5
Feats: Superior Unarmed Strike, Ki Claw, Flying Kick, Snap Kick, Versitile Unarmed Strike, My Keys Are Behind You, Power Attack, Monkey Beats the Gong, Greater Monkey Beats the Gong, Y
Note on feats-
Ki Claw: Natural Weapons are Monk Weapons
My Keys Are Behind You: You reach your hand through one target and make an action, then retrieve your arm. (Personally, I ripped a guy's heart out and killed two guards with this)
Monkey Beats the Gong: At the end of your flurry of blows, if you hit more than half of the attacks, you gain an AoO
Greater MBtG: If you his with the AoO of MBtG, you gain another attack. If you hit with that, you get another attack. (@ a -2 each time)
Items: Monk Belt, Bracers of Martial Skill (+WIS to Unarmed Strike)

any help would be nice...

Edit: I want a Mortal Kombat-Themed build, so I want crazy damage and a "Fatality"-Like ability (maybe a "Summon Celestial Arcade Machine" ability :P)

Human Paragon 3
2010-02-19, 03:44 PM
This looks... cool.

Tattoed monk is a great PrC, IMO. Take chameleon tattoo and you can alter self into any undead you want, since you're undead already!

However, you don't qualify for the class because you don't have improved grapple or endurance. Might want to fix that.

I don't quite understand the reach-through feat though. what does it actually do?

Octopus Jack
2010-02-19, 03:51 PM
:smallbiggrin: its zombie liu kang a mortal kombat undead monk, :smallbiggrin:

this character is awesome, loving the concept

Human Paragon 3
2010-02-19, 04:02 PM
For some really cool fatality like abilities, check out the tome of battle. Either through simple martial study (to get a manuever once per encounter) or by taking initiating classes, you can get great powers like the ability to breathe a cone of flame, or Fountain of Blood, which causes a gush of blood from an enemy you kill that frightens enemies who see it.

hamishspence
2010-02-19, 04:03 PM
Maybe a tentacle graft of some sort? (Get over here!!) :smallbiggrin:

ericgrau
2010-02-19, 05:14 PM
15,000 gp and a level 1 wizard dip or UMD to use a 20th level wand of chill touch. After you cast the spell, your next 20 hits (not attacks, but hits) deal an extra 1d6 negative energy damage, except to undead. An undead creature that rolls a 1 on one of his many will saves flees for over 20 rounds. At one use per combat the wand will last practically forever.

A necklace of fireballs forced onto a paralyzed victim followed by a fire attack could make a good fatality. And, really, isn't "My keys are behind you" a fatality? Summon a monster behind him with a bag of tricks if you need to.

Roderick_BR
2010-02-19, 08:47 PM
Maybe get that Shivering Touch work more than once a week? I saw a revamp somewhere where you could use it once a day or something, or use with a cost of 10 uses of Stunning Fist or something like that.

And don't forget to get Ki Flames and Ki Blast (PHB2), refluffed to be shot from your mouth.

And use a spiked chain with Improved Trip and Improved Grapple.

herrhauptmann
2010-02-19, 09:38 PM
A necklace of fireballs forced onto a paralyzed victim followed by a fire attack could make a good fatality. And, really, isn't "My keys are behind you" a fatality? Summon a monster behind him with a bag of tricks if you need to.
Put a hole in their chest, then put that squeaky ball in the hole. Laugh when it turns into a rhino :)

ShneekeyTheLost
2010-02-19, 10:01 PM
Tome of Battle is an awesome source of Mortal Kombat awesomeness

Pouncing Strike. You leap forward as a Charge and make a full-round of attacks. Great to pair with Monk, because you get your full flurry et al. Fluff all the attacks as kicks, and you've got the Bicycle Kick from MK3

Shadow Hand has a *LOT* of fun maneuvers. Also, pick up a Shadow Hand stance and pick up Shadow Blade feat. This lets you use your Dex instead of your Str for unarmed damage. Combined with Weapon Finesse, you suddenly have Str as a complete dump stat. There's also Teleport maneuvers.

Setting Sun can be fun for throws as well.

Stone Dragon has some DR maneuvers, but mostly, it's for the feat Shards of Granite, which lets you bypass *ALL* DR for a -5 on all attacks. Lets you negate hardness on objects for Sundering as well, making it easy to kick in a door.

Tiger Claw is the TWF discipline. You'll want maneuvers here. If you can manage, get into Bloodclaw Master for TWF/Flurry madness. But not strictly necessary

Diamond Mind is also a lot of fun as well.

You'll have to check it out, man.

Dimers
2010-02-20, 01:16 AM
Get yourself spellstitched. As a monk, you should have great Wisdom, so you can take full advantage of the template and grab 15 SLAs per day, DR, a profane save bonus, and turn resistance.

LichPrinceAlim
2010-02-22, 12:52 PM
I thought I'd pick up the Dragon Tattoo for the "Toasty" fatality.

Gnaeus
2010-02-22, 12:55 PM
Yes, monk sucks. But its one of my favorite classes. However, my DM was listening to me joke around, and said "Congrats! You're a Ghoul Monk!" I about killed him. However, he is decent to say the least. I mean, basically Paralysis with 3d8? However, I want to multiclass in a way I've never before. I'm tweaking the build slightly from the beginning, because he chose my feats...

Here's my revamp concept:

Race: Ghoul (He said at 10th lv, I become a Ghast)

Would he let you take the Gravetouched Ghoul template from Libris Mortis rather than Ghoul class levels? Gravetouched Ghoul is MUCH better.

LichPrinceAlim
2010-02-22, 02:31 PM
Would he let you take the Gravetouched Ghoul template from Libris Mortis rather than Ghoul class levels? Gravetouched Ghoul is MUCH better.

Possibly. I'd also have to run Spellstiched by him. He said "no wight pcs"