PDA

View Full Version : The Capture Game

El Llamita
2010-02-19, 04:16 PM
Hello people, I don't know if this game has ever been played in this forum, but in the few months I have been a part of this community I have never see it.

So lets give it a try.

The goal of the game is simple and very similar to that of the quiz thread: Somebody posts a screen capture from the comic, defying others to find which particular issue it belongs to. The one who comes with the right answer wins the right to post the next capture, and so on.

Rules:
- Every capture must belong to canon online strips (no bonus material either online or in the books).
- The capture can be from a single panel or from multiple panels all the same.
- Every capture must be a rectangle.
- The product (in pixels) of the width and the height of the capture must not be minor to 10000.
- Neither the width nor the height of the capture can be minor to 30 pixels.
- If the answer given is not the answer expected, but it is nontheless a match, it will be taken as correct. Maybe next time you should provide a less generic capture.
- If after 24 hours the capture has not been identified, either an expanded version of the capture or a hint that would tilt the players in the right direction should be provided.
- If 24 more hours have passed and nobody found the right strip, please give away the answer. The right to post the next capture belongs to whoever posts next.

That is all I can think right now. If any problem arises I will modify the rules in consequence, so the game is as fun as it can be.

I'll start:

http://img23.imageshack.us/img23/7321/capture1xv.png

Quinton250
2010-02-19, 04:22 PM
Great idea. I have the answer to your first question as well. I found the purple room right away, but Elan already had his dashing swordsmen outfit by this point, so I was going to give up and look earlier in the strip. Then I realized, that isn't Elan, it's Nale!

Strip 380
http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0380.html

Give me a little time to find a capture of my own.

EDIT: I do not have access to any image hosting websites at work, therefore....

OPEN CAPTURE

Forbiddenwar
2010-02-19, 04:51 PM
Interesting game, I noticed a few similarites with the Oots Quiz rules. Imitation=Flattery.
Could someone add a how to "capture", for the rest of us so we can play?
If the game works well, we can roll it into the quiz game, where someone can do a screen capture or a question.
My only concern is screen captures are copyrighted, and that kind of violates the forum rules: Posting Copyrighted Content.
I suppose if the thread gets locked, we'll know it's a no go.

DaveMcW
2010-02-19, 05:19 PM
http://img109.imageshack.us/img109/43/teevo.gif

Roland St. Jude
2010-02-19, 05:47 PM
Sheriff of Moddingham: This is a game and should go in Silly Message Board Games. But because it requires copying The Giant's art, it shouldn't be done at all. At The Giant's request, please don't take, alter, or use the OotS art without his express permission.