PDA

View Full Version : [AD&D 2nd] Spell Help!

arguskos
2010-02-19, 05:13 PM
So, due to my lack of obscure Faerun supplements, I find myself unaware of what the following spells do (and I need to know what their effect is, so I can make 3.5 updates of them). Would someone care to tell me what the following spells are?

fire gate
Jhanifer's deliquescence
Quimby's enchanting gourmet
Spendelarde's chaser
Tulrun's tracer

CyMage
2010-02-19, 11:28 PM
Jhanifer's deliquescenceLevel 5
Range: Touch
Components: V, S, M
Casting Time: 1 round
Duration: Instantaneous
Area of Effect: 10 cu. ft/level
Save: Special

This spell enables a wizard to insantly melt ice, rozen liquids and other substances that freeze within 10 degrees of water's freezine point. Such melting does not involve heat, steam or the consumption of fuel.

Repeated applications of this spell can turn solids into liquid form, and 10 deliquescence spells equal the effect of a transmute rock to mud spell.

Animated or enchanted creatures of stone receive a saving throw vs spell based on their Hit Dice and a stone golem practically shrugs off the effects. Other objects have a saving throw equal to the save (at the time) of the being who enchanted them. Success negates the spell. Living cratures, even if stony, are unaffected.

The material components of this spell are a tiny piece of amber and a piece of ice.

Quimby's enchanting gourmet: Level 2 version of unseen servant that is used in a kitchen. Cleans, cuts, stirs, etc. Can cook unsurpervised as long as it's something the wizard already cooked before. Will seek advice if something strange happens to interrupt the cooking, such as 'the arrival of a dragon' or 'an explosion'.

Spendelarde's chaser: Level 4 spell that was developed to help with hangovers. Could be used to help with other toxins. If cast on someone poisoned allowed another save right away. If cast as a preventative measure, lasts for 1 turn per level and gives +4 to saves vs poison during the duration or a save if one wasn't allowed.

Tulrun's tracer: Level 4 spell that helped with tracking down creatures. Had to be cast within 10' of where the creature was at one point and would send a glowing line the same way it went. Only tracked as long as the creature didn't fly but did track through water and while mounted. Pass without trace or other similiar abilities of 4th level or lower didn't stop it. Parts of the tracer could be obscured if targeted by dispel magic and such. If the target got into a vehicle, teleported or plane shifted it would end the spell at that point. If one of the later two happened, it would clearly show the destination. If the first, just the vehicle and not the destination. Lasted 4rounds/level.

All those I found in the 4 volume Wizard's Spell Compendium, but couldn't find 'Fire Gate'. I'm guessing it's either a different name or non-wizard spell.

arguskos
2010-02-20, 12:16 AM
Thank you greatly for those four spells, though Jhanifer's looks like it's been updated to 3.5 already.

As for fire gate, I believe it's from the Pages of the Mages sourcebook, but I don't have that one, and can't find a copy at any used bookshop around here to check.

Aik
2010-02-20, 02:41 AM
Fire Gate — Red Wizard
(Alteration)
Level: 4
Range: 0
Components: V, M
Casting Time: 4
Duration: Instantaneous
Area of Effect: The caster
Saving Throw: Nose
Upon casting this spell the caster can step into a large fire (with at least a 2-foot radius) and immediately reappear in another, similar-sized fire up to 50 yards per level away, If no such fires exist within that range, the spell does not function and the caster remains in the initial fire. If multiple large fires are available, the caster can choose from them.
If there is a large, solid object blocking the fire gate, then the caster is mired in the Elemental Plane of Fire and will remain so until he either finds another way out or is rescued.
This spell has made its way out of the savage and brutal lands of the Red Wizards of Thay. It is recommended that the spellcaster have some form of protection against fire before attempting it.
Notes: Common for the Red Wizards of Thay: uncommon for Fire mages; otherwise very rare. Known to be in Daltim's Tome of Fire.

- Wizard's Spell Compendium 2

arguskos
2010-02-20, 04:45 PM
You sir, are a life-saver. Sadly, all of the above spells are much worse than I wanted them to be, but such is life. They're useful though, especially Tulrun's tracer, which is basically PERFECT for what the character in question needs to be doing.