PDA

View Full Version : Perhaps another noobishy Question

Sahaar
2010-02-19, 07:45 PM
Can you multiclass non-psionic classes with psionic classes? I wanted to multiclass my Drow Ranger with a Psion. Can I do that?

AslanCross
2010-02-19, 07:47 PM
You sure can. Class descriptions will say if they're incompatible, but this is rare and usually more of "If you take this class, you can never go back to being a paladin."

Perhaps your Ranger discovered a knack for using the power of his mind. (Psychic Warrior might be better, though, since it works better with a combat-focused character like a ranger.)

sonofzeal
2010-02-19, 07:47 PM
Why couldn't you?

Psi can dip non-psi, and non-psi can dip psi, same as you can freely dip to/from Sorcerer. Ask your DM though, some treat Psi a bit differently.

Devils_Advocate
2010-02-19, 08:17 PM
Can you multiclass non-psionic classes with psionic classes? I wanted to multiclass my Drow Ranger with a Psion. Can I do that?
Absolutely. There's nothing prohibiting this, nor prohibiting any class combination, really, save for mutually exclusive requirements. Though look out for multiclassing XP penalties, if your DM enforces those.

Ranger/Psion strikes me as the most natural entry into the Illithid Slayer Prestige Class, actually, which is super. Egoist or Nomad, probably, for a dual-wielder.