PDA

View Full Version : Comic related rp stuff

Marvel-dude
2010-02-19, 09:33 PM
Greetings GITTP forum users.
I am playing in a campaigne (is that the right word?) where we are currently humans (though we will evolve to meta-humans, the thing is that we just have to come up with an origin and what powers we get)
And I am thinking of making a Captain America.
What I am asking of you is... The Super Soldier Serum
What stats would it give? Abilities? Etc.

(Dont worry about how I will get my character to WW1. One of our other players has been trained by Death herself and has gained control over time and will transport my character there)

(I hope that this isnt too much to ask for, for a first post. If it is, Iam very sorry for having wasted your time)

AmberVael
2010-02-19, 09:39 PM
1. GitP, not GITTP.

2. Campaign would be the word you're looking for.

3. What roleplaying system are you talking about here? This makes a huge difference for anyone attempting to make a response.

4. What more can you tell people about the game that may determine what limitations or routes may affect character creation? You mention WW1 and imply that you need to get there, and a few specifics about your fellow player, so presumably you have some information.

5. As above, but in terms of your specific character concept. Maybe it's just that I'm less familiar with comic books, but "The Super Soldier Serum" doesn't mean anything to me, and if the only thing about the concept is that name, then it seems pretty vague.

To sum up: Needs more details. Please elaborate.

Beyond that, welcome to the forums.

Marvel-dude
2010-02-19, 09:53 PM
Terribly sorry about not saying which system it is. It is the Marvel Super heroes (A rather unused system as far as I know) in which the stats are refered to as FASERIP.
If people dont know the system, a simple d&d 3,5 template could also be used

The super soldier serum was(in the comics at least) a project that the american goverment used in order to create super soldiers for WW1. Soldiers that were faster, stronger and smarter than normal people. The only succesful known test subject were/is Captain America, Steve Rogers.
(Comic-wise that is. I have no idea if the american goverment has something like this going on)

In the game, there are no limits. Our GM wants us to become as powerful as possible. As said we have a person that is trained by Death herself. That person has a death grib (though there are some other mechanics to it.. but it is still a death grip). Another player is a spider god that inhabits a high priests body. So as you can see, the sky (or higher) is the limit

Brendan
2010-02-19, 10:56 PM
perhaps a LA+1 template would look something like this:
+4 str
+2 con
+2 int
-2 wis
+ 10 to round movement rate
6 hours of sleep instead of 8 are needed for full rest.

bosssmiley
2010-02-20, 11:07 AM
Terribly sorry about not saying which system it is. It is the Marvel Super heroes (A rather unused system as far as I know) in which the stats are referred to as FASERIP.

MSH! Column shifts and a stat descriptor of Awesome (60); now there's a blast from the past.

Surely Cap and the Super Soldier programme were covered in the (vast swathe of) material TSR released for the game?

(It's just a shame that WOTC's dog-in-a-manger act of pulling all legal sale and download of out of print TSR material has made such things entirely unobtainable on the internet. Gone without trace. Never to be seen again. Because copying and distributing data over the elctrowebs is a is nigh-impossible pipdream. :smallwink:)

Or you could just take Cap's stats and deduct those of a frail human (Steve Rogers was 4F IIRC); the remainder is what the SS Serum gives you.

Marvel-dude
2010-02-22, 06:16 AM
MSH! Column shifts and a stat descriptor of Awesome (60); now there's a blast from the past.

Surely Cap and the Super Soldier programme were covered in the (vast swathe of) material TSR released for the game?

(It's just a shame that WOTC's dog-in-a-manger act of pulling all legal sale and download of out of print TSR material has made such things entirely unobtainable on the internet. Gone without trace. Never to be seen again. Because copying and distributing data over the elctrowebs is a is nigh-impossible pipdream. :smallwink:)

Or you could just take Cap's stats and deduct those of a frail human (Steve Rogers was 4F IIRC); the remainder is what the SS Serum gives you.

Yes of course :D Tank you so much
If it isnt too much work, can you come up with more templates for the game? Like Herald of Galactus, Carnage (I already have the Venom one) and other similar stuff