PDA

View Full Version : Module recommendations [2e/3.5e]

Pelfaid
2010-02-20, 07:40 AM
I am looking at running a game in one of these editions and I was looking for recommendations as to modules. Preferably ones that span decent level ranges.
My biggest problem is not having excessive time to prep so that rules out some modules where they need to have extensive work done to them before they are usable.
I already have The Red Hand of Doom and Might give it a shot, but I am wanting to know if you have any favorite modules from either side of the screen.

Zombimode
2010-02-20, 08:21 AM
I've never used a module because I like making up my own stuff, but sometimes I read through them for inspiration.

For 2e I can recommend The Vale of the Mage. Its well made and didnt bore me to death which says quite alot. But is more free and sandboxy. There is an adventure plan, but the nature of the setting is quite free.
All in all a good overland adventure I would say.

Furthemore Nightmare Keep could be interesting. Its set in the Forgotten Realms but there are no ties to the settings hardpoints, so you can used it anywhere. Its a dungeon crawl but with quite..strange.. ideas. Ie. the last part plays whithin a giant body :smalleek:
I havent read through it completely but it seems to offer a quite different dungeon experience. For 2e its recommened level is 18-20, incredible high.

I think both arent very long. They more "adventures" then "campaigns" but I dont know for sure, since I never tried them.