PDA

View Full Version : SAGA Ed. Need Plot Ideas.

Gamgee
2010-02-20, 02:04 PM
Well one of those good old fashion sessions where destiny works against the players, and not even the GM's power can intervene to save them. My whole plot got messed up, but thankfully in a good way to open up new plots. No one died, and so I shall launch into just the end of my story so I can get some ideas.

They are preparing a Lucrehulk-class battleship (http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Lucrehulk-class_battleship) for sabotage. Nym and his Lok Revenant's were paying them a hell of a lot of money to go inside the Trade Federation as mercenaries and gain their trust. Then they would sabotage the ship, and once the command was given they would activate said sabotage and the pirates would attack a near defenseless vessel with none of its droids online. They would promptly take what they can in their own ships, and crash the ship into another of its kind. This was the session after a three month build up and much playing time that this would be accomplished, but the force really hated them.

They fail almost every skill check, and soon the whole ship knows where they are. They fight their way past some B1's and even a Droideka and manage to steal a nearby Troop Carrier (http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Trade_Federation_troop_carrier) and manage to kick the droids off before they activate. However some B1's on STAPS (http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/STAP) manage to follow them. They are in a service channel from a massive droid control storage area to a docking bay. It is very narrow, and they had no room to move around in.

A few more failed skill checks later and they start veering wildly to the left as for some reason the driver decides it is a good idea to stop driving and shoot the STAPS. Another person tries to take control, but is unsuccessful and slowly they are grinding their ship into the wall. Prior to this they were shot up by a Droideka and some more B1's in that storage room. It is also getting shot up by the 7 STAPS. As the fight goes on they whittle the numbers of the enemy down to all but one, and this guy has for three rounds been crashing the ship into the wall. It comes down the the single B1 left, and they know the ship has 3 HP left. The B1 only has an attack of +1... what are the odds it can hit this thing. 20.... :smalleek:

With a small burst of fire from the STAP it hits the engines and causes them to explode and slam into the wall. To make them feel better and play in character I had the B1 crash into their quickly decelerating mass of scrap metal. After the crash the emergency fire systems come on, and only two of them are barely standing. Worse, they crashed out into the open hanger with more droids. So they quickly pick up the other two and head for the closest ship (http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Sheathipede-class_transport_shuttle). Little do they know their is a Turbolaser inside the hangar warming up to fire at them. Not only that, but this was the vessel of Gi Gunray. Nephew of Nute Gunray himself, who was here to congratulate the heroes for proving their loyalty and to offer them a mission to hunt down a CEO in the Trade Federation who was selling secrets to rivals, and he was about to sell information the Republic Authorities that would be unpleasant for the Trade Federation.

They manage to get into the ship and past the pilot to bring the shields online. The ship shakes as the first Turbolaser blast is deflected by the shields, but they still suffered light internal damage. They get the hell out of there as fast as possible. Now they are flying outside of the ship, but the secret Turbolasers are coming online and popping out of the hull. No way can this ship live. They decide the only thing they can do is a complete blind jump into space.

I roll on the random Hyperspace Mishaps chart and they fly dangerously close to a gas giant that corrodes their hull, but otherwise they are fine. Now, where the hell does this blind jump take them?
--------

I have heard some of their theories, and they can be silly.

Player 1: We all die and can go play d20 Modern? No? Awww....
Player 2: We come out seeing the Pillar of Autumn and the USMC logo on it. *Halo Music*, or we could discover the Katana Fleet?
Player 3: Back in time to a Medieval Earth? Hahaha!
Me: Roswell? Hahahaha, no I don't think so.
Player 3: No that would be badass. We got some aliens, and even somehow a human.
Player 4: I say we jump out of Hyperspace to land in Geth territory.
---------

I would like some more Star Wars related suggestions. However, that doesn't mean you can't suggest some crazy weird ass stuff. Just that I probably won't go with that.

Gamgee
2010-02-20, 09:06 PM
Anyone at all? Ill even take the crazy ideas now.

NEO|Phyte
2010-02-20, 09:13 PM
Personally, I'd say go with Player 4's idea, and be sure to share any relevant homebrew.

If you don't feel like sending them into another game universe, hard to say, only things I can think of to have show up are about 3000 years old by the time your game is set. Have an HK model droid in an ancient derelict or something? Possible bonus points if your players aren't familiar with the KotOR era.

Gamgee
2010-02-20, 09:31 PM
I would go with that, but the fact of the matter is. That they suggested all of those, and it would really ruin the impact of them now. I kind of watch to catch them by surprise.

NEO|Phyte
2010-02-20, 09:48 PM
Hmm...

Have them pop up near some Crime Lord's personal, secret space station? Fair number of ways you could go from there; even if your players immediately get the heck out of there (which will take time to astrogate (including working out their starting point) or a second blind jump), someone's gonna want to know how they got there.

mr.fizzypop
2010-02-20, 09:52 PM
Here's some ideas:
-They appear in the middle of a massive space battle.
-They appear dangerously close to a planet, resulting in a crash landing.
-Maybe they arrive somewhere in the unknown regions?

The_Snark
2010-02-21, 02:01 AM
So your players have just made a blind jump into space? Let's see, options...

Logically, if you jump to a random point in space, you're going to end up in deep space. You find nothing. Nada. Zip. If you're astronomically lucky, there might be an asteroid. You can probably guess your approximate coordinates by examining the visible stars, and then plan a jump to someplace a little more inhabited. If you can't manage that, or your engines are broken... then you live out the rest of your life in deep space. Probably not all that long of a life, unless your ship can recycle air and water and food and power indefinitely.

This option is boring, but if you decide you'd rather just let your characters get back to civilized space, it's easily doable. They re-enter in deep space, calculate their coordinates, and get going.

For something less boring, they might stumble on a civilization that hasn't developed faster-than-light travel. Perhaps, despite this oversight, they're incredibly advanced, and have never been found because they use Dyson spheres (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dyson_sphere) to capture almost all of the light from their star, making it nearly invisible... or maybe they're just developing spacefaring technology, or are even more primitive than that. Either way, they get to make first contact, and depending on how they handle it, you could get cultural clashes, militant factions willing to do anything to get their hands on superior technology, shadowy government conspiracies a la Area 51, primitive aliens forming cargo cults...

It's kinda out there, but it could be fun.

Other things that you could stumble across in deep space, provided you don't mind thumbing your nose at the laws of probability: an infamous space pirate's hidden lair, a top-secret military research base, a defunct space probe predating the invention of the hyperdrive... Slightly more probably, they might stumble across a distress signal from a ship stranded in interstellar space—probably a centuries-old hulk, but possibly a more recent wreck with survivors on board—and find that although the signal won't reach an inhabited planet for years, they happened to drop out close enough to receive it.

Gamgee
2010-02-21, 02:36 AM
I am going for something interesting, or exciting. Let's just say their roles were so bad and so tragically not epic it is clear the force has led them away from that path. It led them to this blind jump if you will. Sound more interesting now?

Edit
Good ideas so far people.