PDA

View Full Version : [3.5] need Kobold Necromancer design help

Thieves
2010-02-20, 06:20 PM
I'm trying to come up with a build for a disgruntled, cynical caster Kobold that would use Necromancy (or simply anything that would make people wither & die) to kill those that would pursue to make his life even more miserable than it already was (i.e., to survive). But I don't really know where to start.

Fluff-wise, I guess a sorcerer would be straightest for a kobold to become. But aren't there better Necromancy spells on the cleric's list? Comparing them would take me ages, so I count on your knowledge. I aim mostly for what was called "elegant optimization" in one thread (so becoming effective so that kobold-haters would go "OMG!", but flavor being foremost), not using totally broken stuff but simply using powers that would look reasonable and be quite effective at the same time.

P.S. No Pun-pun space, as you might imagine ;)

Innis Cabal
2010-02-20, 06:21 PM
Kobold Dread Necromancer (Hero of Horrors). Problem solved.

Thieves
2010-02-20, 08:03 PM
Thank you very much! : )

Also, on kobolds: are there (I guess I heard there were) any ways to "advance" a kobold's "raciness"? As in, evolving him? Into some really dragonoid stuff? Or is it just stacking templates?

Starbuck_II
2010-02-20, 08:05 PM
Thank you very much! : )

Also, on kobolds: are there (I guess I heard there were) any ways to "advance" a kobold's "raciness"? As in, evolving him? Into some really dragonoid stuff? Or is it just stacking templates?

There is a ritual kobolds undergo for +X to Sorceror level.
Dragonwrought makes Kobolds a dragon type.

Look in Races of the Dragon.

Dusk Eclipse
2010-02-20, 08:05 PM
Dragonwrought Kobold Wiz with the Uttercold blast metamagic, specialize in evocation (yes you read that right specialize in evocation) throw Uttercold metamagic on evertything and go to town.

Thoug this is a MR. Negative energy build, so maybe this isn't what you are looking from and also obligatory link to handbook (http://brilliantgameologists.com/boards/index.php?topic=5584.0), the 4rth post is the one your are interested in but it is a good idea to read it all.

Thieves
2010-02-20, 08:43 PM
Thanks to both of you, gonna have some reading to do :) Topic over, I guess.