PDA

View Full Version : 3.5 Bonus/Modifier Types

Drolyt
2010-02-20, 07:45 PM
Does anybody have a list of all the types of bonuses/modifiers? So far I've found the following:
1. Ability Modifier 2. Alchemical Bonus
3. Armor Bonus 4. Circumstance Modifier
5. Competence Modifier 6. Deflection Bonus
7. Dodge Bonus 8. Enhancement Bonus
9. Insight Bonus 10. Luck Modifier
11. Morale Modifier 12. Natural Armor Bonus
13. Profane Modifier 14. Racial bonus
15. Resistance Bonus 16. Sacred Modifier
17. Shield Bonus 18. Size Modifier
That's quite a few. Are there any others?
Edit: Added the following:
19. Inherent Bonus 20. Untyped Bonus
Edit 2: A couple more
21. Exalted 22. Perfection
Edit 3:
23: Divine 24. Deformity

Starbuck_II
2010-02-20, 07:47 PM
Bonuses to armor class (ala Thicken skin)

Temotei
2010-02-20, 07:48 PM
Inherent and untyped bonuses.

Drolyt
2010-02-20, 07:53 PM
Inherent and untyped bonuses.

Wait, those are core. Why the heck weren't they in that list?

Bonuses to armor class (ala Thicken skin)
Are those named though, or just untyped bonuses?

Temotei
2010-02-20, 07:55 PM

No idea. I've wondered the same while looking for inherent bonus in that list on the SRD. Untyped has a reason, I suppose, since it's not really a "type." It's a lack of a type.

Those would be untyped. Armor class bonuses aren't a type of bonus--they're a type of...improvement gained through a bonus. :smallamused:

oxybe
2010-02-20, 07:58 PM
the super evil "profane" and it's polar opposite the super good bonus, "exalted".

there's also sacred & perfection.

exalted, sacred, perfection = BoED.
profane = BoVD

Starbuck_II
2010-02-20, 08:00 PM

Technically, it is a named enhancement bonuses, but they apply directly to armor class not to the armor or shield.
"providing a +1 enhancement bonus to your Armor Class. "

Drolyt
2010-02-20, 08:01 PM
the super evil "profane" and it's polar opposite the super good bonus, "exalted".

there's also sacred & perfection.

exalted, sacred, perfection = BoED.
profane = BoVD

Actually sacred and profane are in the PHB. I forgot about Exalted and Perfection though.

Drolyt
2010-02-20, 08:02 PM
Technically, it is a named enhancement bonuses, but they apply directly to armor class not to the armor or shield.
"providing a +1 enhancement bonus to your Armor Class. "

That's... just strange. Although enhancement bonuses are weird that way, you can have a bonus to your bonus.

Dusk Eclipse
2010-02-20, 08:36 PM
I know there is exalted, but is there a vile equivalency?

Sinfire Titan
2010-02-20, 08:40 PM
I know there is exalted, but is there a vile equivalency?

Profane, as has been mentioned.

Dusk Eclipse
2010-02-20, 08:46 PM

Yes I know, but I believed that since sacred (good) had exalted (awfulsuper good) there was an equivalency for profane and its big brother vile ( building upon vile damge for example)

Drolyt
2010-02-20, 08:46 PM

No, profane is the counterpart to sacred. I'm not sure if there is a vile counterpart to exalted, I haven't read that book in a long time (well, since I got it actually).

Sinfire Titan
2010-02-20, 08:50 PM
No, profane is the counterpart to sacred. I'm not sure if there is a vile counterpart to exalted, I haven't read that book in a long time (well, since I got it actually).

Nope. Elder Evil's Vile feats usually grant Profane bonuses. Considering the source, I'd say there are different grades of Profane (since the bonuses from Elder Evil bonus feats are much higher than other Profane bonuses).

Dusk Eclipse
2010-02-20, 08:51 PM
Nope. Elder Evil's Vile feats usually grant Profane bonuses. Considering the source, I'd say there are different grades of Profane (since the bonuses from Elder Evil bonus feats are much higher than other Profane bonuses).

Haven't read Elder Evils

Drolyt
2010-02-20, 08:54 PM

There's still the Sacred vs Profane thing though. I guess Exalted doesn't really have a counterpart, but in the PHB similar spells grant a sacred bonus if they are good or a profane bonus if they are evil. I can't find anything in BoVD, which I just hauled out, that suggests it has it's own types. Also what is Elder Evils? I've never read that.

Sinfire Titan
2010-02-20, 08:59 PM
There's still the Sacred vs Profane thing though. I guess Exalted doesn't really have a counterpart, but in the PHB similar spells grant a sacred bonus if they are good or a profane bonus if they are evil. I can't find anything in BoVD, which I just hauled out, that suggests it has it's own types. Also what is Elder Evils? I've never read that.

The only reasons to buy the book Elder Evils is to

A: TPK 20th level parties.
B: Have a Vile counterpart to Vow of Poverty that doesn't suck.

Drolyt
2010-02-20, 09:01 PM
The only reasons to buy the book Elder Evils is to

A: TPK 20th level parties.
B: Have a Vile counterpart to Vow of Poverty that doesn't suck.

Define "doesn't suck".

Sinfire Titan
2010-02-20, 09:12 PM
Define "doesn't suck".

VoP is a known trap. Elder Evil bonus feats are a win-win situation for many melee characters.

Drolyt
2010-02-20, 09:23 PM
VoP is a known trap. Elder Evil bonus feats are a win-win situation for many melee characters.

Oh I know VoP is a trap, I have my own fix I posted on the homebrew forum a while a back. I'm just wondering what the Elder Evil version does better.

Sinfire Titan
2010-02-20, 09:25 PM
Oh I know VoP is a trap, I have my own fix I posted on the homebrew forum a while a back. I'm just wondering what the Elder Evil version does better.

It doesn't cost 2 feats and your WBL. But it doesn't have all of the benifits that VoP does (EE devotion just gives bonus feats).

Drolyt
2010-02-20, 09:29 PM
It doesn't cost 2 feats and your WBL. But it doesn't have all of the benifits that VoP does (EE devotion just gives bonus feats).

Like a bunch of free vile feats? That would be pretty powerful.

Sinfire Titan
2010-02-20, 09:33 PM
Like a bunch of free vile feats? That would be pretty powerful.

Very limited selection. Its a tad powerful, but it is equatable to giving the resident Power Attack Monkey Combat Brute at the cost of his soul.

The only thing to really worry about is the Dark Speech feat.

Devils_Advocate
2010-02-21, 12:08 AM
Well, if you're including Ability Modifier, then there's Base Attack Bonus and Base Save Bonus, too. Skill Rank(s), though it may not have "bonus" in its name, is also a type of number that you add to other numbers, and a rather significant one at that. Then there's synergy bonuses, which are considered "unnamed". ("Synergy bonus" isn't an official term, I don't think.) Like Dodge Bonuses and Circumstance Bonuses from different sources, these all stack.

Incidentally...

"Dodge bonuses are never granted by spells or magic items. (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/theBasics.htm#dodgeBonus)" "A hasted creature gains a +1 bonus on attack rolls and a +1 dodge bonus to AC and Reflex saves. (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/spells/haste.htm)"

Lulz, WotC. Lulz.

Drolyt
2010-02-21, 02:11 AM
Incidentally...

"Dodge bonuses are never granted by spells or magic items. (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/theBasics.htm#dodgeBonus)" "A hasted creature gains a +1 bonus on attack rolls and a +1 dodge bonus to AC and Reflex saves. (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/spells/haste.htm)"

Lulz, WotC. Lulz.

That's hardly the most stupid thing they've come up with, but interesting nonetheless.

PlzBreakMyCmpAn
2010-02-21, 02:54 PM
Someone at BG started a list. Search for it

Claudius Maximus
2010-02-21, 03:24 PM
Divine bonuses. Deities get them for a lot of things, and a few PrCs in BoVD grant them as well.

Deformity modifiers.