PDA

View Full Version : DFOitP: All your dungeon are belong to us.

strawberryman
2010-02-20, 11:59 PM
First off: Yeah, I couldn't help it.

So, the thought occurs to me that in getting a couple GitP members interested in Dungeon Fighter Online (http://dungeonfighter.nexon.net/), I would start a social network, despite the inability to make an actual guild just yet. Because seriously, any game is more fun with friends, and this one in particular is worlds easier when you aren't trying to scrounge by on your own. Plus, the benefits of a party are manifold beyond just getting bonus EXP for being in one.

So, I'm issuing a call-out to any GitP'ers that are interested in or already play DFO, so we can all help one another out when necessary. :smallbiggrin:

So I'll start out by listing my characters. They're all on the Cain server.

AllegroL
Class: Fighter
Sub-Class: Grappler
Level: 38
Arena Rank: Vagabond 6
Pizzicato
Class: Mage
Sub-Class: Summoner
Level: 33
Arena Rank: Vagabond 5
Forzando
Class: Gunner
Sub-Class: Launcher
Level: 19
Nukari
Class: Slayer
Sub-Class:
Level: 16
Arena Rank: Vagabond 1

Also feel free to ask questions, or whatever here. The point is to help each other, right? :smalltongue:

Cogwheel
2010-02-21, 12:07 AM
Looked it up. May join if I can find the time. No idea what with, as I know basically nothing so far.

sherinmir
2010-02-21, 12:15 AM
Guess I'll go ahead and create an account here, too, since I've been playing DFO with you. >_> Same here, Cain server, and I too have three characters.

Hyouka

Sub-Class: Nen Master
Level: 38

Liabelle

Class: Mage
Sub-Class: Witch
Level: 40
Arena Rank: Vagabond 6

Sherinmir

Class: Gunner
Sub-Class: Spitfire
Level: 33

Dionisia

Sub-Class: Brawler
Level: 21

Sucrose
2010-02-21, 03:46 PM
I've gamed a bit with strawberryman and sher, though I presently only have one character. Starting this Wednesday or so, I'd be happy to help anyone who'd like to get started on the game, even though I'm still a bit new myself.

FatherNath

Class: Priest
Subclass: Crusader
Level: 19
PvP Rank: 5

strawberryman
2010-02-21, 08:28 PM
Looked it up. May join if I can find the time. No idea what with, as I know basically nothing so far.

I might point you to this. (http://wiki.dfo-world.com/index.php?title=Class_Comparison) :smallbiggrin:

It's useful for comparing classes and having a small idea of what you're getting into. Another thing that is nice for newbies to know: Once you take your subclass advancement at 18, all your skills are reset, and you get all the SP you spent on them back. So levels 1-17 are naturally free game as far as trying out skills and getting used to your class, and figuring out just what subclass you want to take.

Cogwheel
2010-02-21, 09:52 PM
So, not to put too fine a point on it, what should I be playing? In other words, what would be useful to the rest of you?

Sucrose
2010-02-21, 10:06 PM
Well, we already have heals, long-range attacks, and short-range attacks, so I'd say you could go for whatever you like. If you really want to be distinct, I'll note that none of us is playing a Slayer.

Callos_DeTerran
2010-02-22, 01:36 AM
I have a Mage of 7th level, a Fighter of 14th, and a Slayer of 4th.

SlyGuyMcFly
2010-02-22, 06:44 AM
Apparently you can't play this from Europe. This makes me a sad, sad panda.

Cogwheel
2010-02-22, 09:46 AM
Right, could someone provide a download link? Thanks.

Sucrose
2010-02-22, 09:48 AM
It's in the first post. Note; you do need to register with Nexon before you begin play, but they don't ask for any relevant personal information, so that shouldn't be too much of a problem.

Cogwheel
2010-02-22, 09:51 AM
Thanks. While I did manage to register, attempting to download it gives me a "403 - forbidden" error, and yes, I am logged in. Suggestions?

Sucrose
2010-02-22, 10:03 AM
No idea on my end. Do you have administrator privileges?

Cogwheel
2010-02-22, 10:06 AM
I should hope so, since this is the only account on the computer.

Sucrose
2010-02-22, 10:16 AM
Hm; then, I really have no idea whatsoever. I experienced no such difficulties when I downloaded.

Cogwheel
2010-02-22, 10:38 AM
I blame karma.

Ah well. If anyone can make it work, I'd appreciate that.

Tavar
2010-02-22, 02:08 PM
huh, fun game so far. Made a gunner, and got him to level 6 pretty fast. Only problem at the moment is that I'm really unsure of what skills to get. Character name is Bahzel.

strawberryman
2010-02-22, 03:43 PM
huh, fun game so far. Made a gunner, and got him to level 6 pretty fast. Only problem at the moment is that I'm really unsure of what skills to get. Character name is Bahzel.

Like I suggested earlier, try different stuff, you'll get your SP back. :smalltongue: It helps to get to know what Subclass you'll want to enter at 18.

For my Launcher, I took skills like M-137 Gatling, M-3 Flamethrower, and BBQ; grenades are useful for getting enemies on the ground, and dealing damage en masse, so I naturally grabbed a level of that at 15 (and again when my skills reset at 18). Needing Jack Spike level 5 for BBQ was obvious, and Windmill is a very useful crowd-control skill. Aerial Fire is another useful skill for being out of most enemies' reach. As for general skills, Backstep and Cancel- Backstep are always useful.

Tavar
2010-02-22, 04:33 PM
Are they really? From the description it seems like they would only work against melee, and I don't really have a problem avoiding those attacks. It's the ranged ones that mess me up. For the skills, so far I've only upgraded the starting melee skill that you get and got the Gatling gun on impulse. In the right situation it seems okay, but I'm not sure how often that right situation is going to come up.

Also, just started a Slayer, and I'm having a much more difficult time, mostly because melee creatures are now a threat. How do you get style points, anyways?

Thinking about starting at least one of every character, just to see how they play in the beginning.

Sindriss
2010-02-22, 06:00 PM
I've begun download. Will post if I have any questions

strawberryman
2010-02-22, 06:26 PM
Are they really? From the description it seems like they would only work against melee, and I don't really have a problem avoiding those attacks. It's the ranged ones that mess me up. For the skills, so far I've only upgraded the starting melee skill that you get and got the Gatling gun on impulse. In the right situation it seems okay, but I'm not sure how often that right situation is going to come up.

Also, just started a Slayer, and I'm having a much more difficult time, mostly because melee creatures are now a threat. How do you get style points, anyways?

Thinking about starting at least one of every character, just to see how they play in the beginning.

Another useful link. (http://wiki.dfo-world.com/index.php?title=Dungeons)

Some jobs suck for getting a certain amount of Style, Tech, or Hits. It gets a lot easier in parties, of course.

Also, Gatling gun has great damage and range as long as stuff stays in the line of effect.

littlebottom
2010-02-22, 07:23 PM
how much time does thing eat up, cus ive recently stopped (ish) playing WoW (by stoppedish i mean i still have an account and dont have any commitments like raids anymore so im free to pop on and say hi to the guild now and then and do a few levels, but thats like 2ce a month now) and i dont want to start anything up that will eat WoW proportions of time up anymore.

strawberryman
2010-02-22, 07:28 PM
Well, you can do a few dungeons in 30 minutes or so. Fully using your Fatigue Points (156 dungeon rooms total) can take a few hours, but all in all DFO is pretty time-lenient.

Tavar
2010-02-22, 09:58 PM
So, if anyone is interested in partying up, I'll be on with Bahzel for some time.

Tavar
2010-02-24, 02:06 PM
So, anyone want to set a specific date/time where we form a party? I was thinking Friday evening would be good(on the east coast of the US here), but other options could work as well.

Sucrose
2010-02-24, 02:32 PM
Friday evening could be all right for me, though I'd honestly prefer Saturday. (Central Time U.S.) I'm also free today, if you're interested.

strawberryman
2010-02-24, 02:36 PM
Well, keep in mind that more than a 7 level difference increases your Noob-o-Meter, an actual system that decreases the amount of EXP you get from quests. I'm not sure just how high your Gunner is yet, but it would be more than a hindrance than a help at this point if he's less than level 12. I'd be fine with waiting, but I dunno about Sher, he's been pretty anxious to start playing his Brawler. :smallredface:

sherinmir
2010-02-24, 02:43 PM
No idea what you're talking about. *froths at mouth*

In my opinion, it's best to solo up to 18, anyway. Gives you a feel for the game and a dungeon or two worth of experience on your new job before partying up with it.

Sucrose
2010-02-24, 02:46 PM
Well, keep in mind that more than a 7 level difference increases your Noob-o-Meter, an actual system that decreases the amount of EXP you get from quests. I'm not sure just how high your Gunner is yet, but it would be more than a hindrance than a help at this point if he's less than level 12. I'd be fine with waiting, but I dunno about Sher, he's been pretty anxious to start playing his Brawler. :smallredface:

Really? Is there any way to decrease your Noob-o-Meter?

strawberryman
2010-02-24, 02:48 PM
I've only been in a party that increased my Noob-O-Meter once, and didn't investigate further, so your guess is as good as mine.

Although if Sher's willing to wait, I have been feeling somewhat eh about Launcher. Thinking of maybe taking up the Berserker mantle again. It might be considerably more tolerable in a 3-person+ party with a Crusader present.

Tavar
2010-02-24, 03:01 PM
He's level 10 right now, but I could easily get him up to 12 or 13, assuming that the servers come back up.

sherinmir
2010-02-24, 03:19 PM
Doing dungeons that don't increase the meter decreases it, if it's up, and doing dungeons alone decreases it further. Don't remember where I read that, but, yeah. >_>;

I'm willing to wait, yeah. Kinda been wanting to try a Ranger anyway, so I might meet up with your Slayer and decimate crap to level 18.

Antisthenes
2010-02-24, 06:52 PM
Still need newbs? never played this one before, and with my recent internet upgrade i might be able to do it.

strawberryman
2010-02-24, 09:47 PM
Well, Tavar sounds like he could use a party, and as I kind of passed by in the enthusiasm of getting my new Slayer as close to the Advancement point as possible, not to mention I don't want to keep Sher waiting longer than necessary, that might be slightly more likely without keeping me tied up with a grand total of three parties to upkeep. :smalltongue:

Tavar
2010-02-25, 11:18 PM
Well, my Gunner is currently about halfway to level 13, but if more people are going to create lower level characters I might just stop leveling him for the moment.

As for the date and time, how about Friday at 8:00, EST?

hajo
2010-02-26, 12:36 PM
Is there any way to decrease your Noob-o-Meter?

Right from the dfo-wiki (http://wiki.dfo-world.com/index.php?title=Status):

Noob-O-Meter penalty can be reduced by:
Leveling up
Running a dungeon. (Effective even if the player dies)

All the above methods are more effective if the player solo a dungeon.

strawberryman
2010-02-26, 01:53 PM
I see. Well, still helps to party with static members that are close to your level.

Tavar
2010-02-26, 08:20 PM
So, I'm up for a game. Anyone else? Sorry, I got held up at work. I also have a level 5 priest that's working pretty well.

strawberryman
2010-02-26, 09:19 PM
Well, in the interest of an even more effective system, we have an IRC channel now! So anyone who has a client, or feels like downloading one can join us on EsperNet (http://www.esper.net/), on the channel #DFOitP. :smallbiggrin:

Belobog
2010-03-03, 08:50 PM
A skill related question:

Would it be worth it for an Asura to pursue a Soul Bender ghost? I hear they're mana-intensive as it is, but would it be a worthy investment for PvE party play? If so, what's the best suggestion? The only one I can purchase right now is Kazan.

Thanks in advance.

Tavar
2010-03-03, 10:59 PM
A skill related question:

Would it be worth it for an Asura to pursue a Soul Bender ghost? I hear they're mana-intensive as it is, but would it be a worthy investment for PvE party play? If so, what's the best suggestion? The only one I can purchase right now is Kazan.
Well, without including the possibility of stealing a skill later on, that's all your going to be able to access unless you specialize in that area. It could be worth it, though. Those buffs come in handy.

Belobog
2010-03-04, 10:07 AM
Well, without including the possibility of stealing a skill later on, that's all your going to be able to access unless you specialize in that area. It could be worth it, though. Those buffs come in handy.

Looks like I have some testing to do, then.

Zeful
2010-03-04, 05:43 PM
I'm Downloading now, and might make a Slayer or Gunner first.

Made a Slayer, named Zeful. Am now level 6.

Zeful
2010-03-05, 06:12 PM
Okay I've looked around but there is apparently no answer, but how do you craft things? I've got a recipe for trading in some rusty iron scraps so I can make myself some heavy armor that's better than what I have. But there's no infomation about crafting anywhere. The wiki just says you can, but fails to provide details and going to the only "Craft" NPC just gives out recipes. So, what am I missing?

strawberryman
2010-03-05, 06:21 PM

Keep in mind that skills from other subclasses cost double the SP. Investiture is all up to you, though. That's what makes everyone unique snowflakes! :smalltongue:

Edit@Zeful: Talk to Roger, for starters. You can trade components with him for higher-quality materials. Once you have the materials for the recipe, you only need to have the requisite character level to use the recipe to craft.

Zeful
2010-03-05, 08:05 PM
So I shouldn't bother with crafting then?

DwarvenExodus
2010-03-06, 02:07 PM
EDIT: Ah, dammit. I live in Europe. :smallfrown:

strawberryman
2010-03-07, 03:47 AM
So I shouldn't bother with crafting then?

Sure you should, if the piece of armor is appropriate to your class's mastery, and is good for the amount of effort put into it. If it weren't for "crafting" I wouldn't have the 2/5 Spirit Concentration set on my Grappler I do now, after all. :smalltongue:

tgva8889
2010-03-09, 12:36 AM
So I guess I should start this game. It looks highly interesting. Though I've found that MMOs are definitely not fun for me if I'm not playing with others, so hopefully others will be equally low level to play with me when I start.

Zeful
2010-03-09, 02:43 AM
You level up quickly, once you get into the 10-15 level range (A week). You can run with my slayer (who's level 12).

sherinmir
2010-04-28, 02:55 PM
Necro-bump! >:3

As of today, the 28th, the guild system has been implemented in Dungeon Fighter Online's US/Canada version, so I figured I'd try to stir up a little interest again. Joining a guild has a few benefits, including no noob-o-meter increases when partying with guild members regardless of level, and later on, exp and stat increases just for being a member.

So, if anyone's still playing or interested, get in touch with a guild member and we'll get you set up~