PDA

View Full Version : [3.5] Natural weapons and warforged.

Goonthegoof
2010-02-21, 03:09 AM
Ok, I have two seperate questions for the smart folks here at this forum:

Question 1: The Weapon Graft graft from the Fiend Folio grafts a weapon into your hand, keeping all it's properties but becoming a natural weapon. Does this mean if I made a full attack I could hit multiple times with this weapon?

Question 2: This is a rather confusing question involving warforged. If one applies the Incarnate Construct to a Warforged (I've checked, warforged meets the requirements) can one give the warforged the Adamantine Body feat?(the only hard and fast requirement is Warforged)

rockbeast
2010-02-21, 05:01 AM
I belive you would be able to make mutiply attacks with the graft and for the warforge question im not real familiar with the Incarnate Construct spell but I would say no because the Adamantine Body alters the the plating a warforge has but if its made in to a fleshy it no longer has the plates to alter. I hope this help you.

Darrin
2010-02-21, 08:52 AM
Question 1: The Weapon Graft graft from the Fiend Folio grafts a weapon into your hand, keeping all it's properties but becoming a natural weapon. Does this mean if I made a full attack I could hit multiple times with this weapon?

No. Natural weapons can only be used once per round. You could add it as a secondary attack with a -5 penalty after your iterative attacks if you like.

Question 2: This is a rather confusing question involving warforged. If one applies the Incarnate Construct to a Warforged (I've checked, warforged meets the requirements) can one give the warforged the Adamantine Body feat?(the only hard and fast requirement is Warforged)

The Incarnate Construct spell/template is one of the wonkier things in Savage Species (which is saying a lot, because there was a lot of wonky stuff in there).

Off the top of my head... I don't think this would work. First, Adamantine Body can only be applied at 1st level (and for fluff reasons I believe it's bonded to the Warforged's body when it was created). So you'd have to apply the Incarnate Construct template after it was created... this changes its creature type to humanoid, which means it's no longer a Warforged. Since you no longer meat the prereqs for the feat, the adamantine plates would most likely drop off your body (but hey, take all that spare adamantine and sell it to an armorsmith for a pretty hefty consolation prize).

Goonthegoof
2010-02-21, 03:51 PM
Are you sure about it no longer being warforged? Everything I've read about templates says you add the template to the race but it keeps the race (adding vampire to water orc makes water orc vampire, not vampire)

T.G. Oskar
2010-02-21, 04:23 PM

If you had Adamantine Body before getting the Incarnate Construct spell, sure. You could keep it. However, it does become useless; you lose all special attacks (read: slam) and all special qualities (composite plating, light fortification, immunities, etc.), effectively becoming a humanoid. You don't have any non-abilities (since you have Intelligence and Constitution), so you don't reroll your abilities. And, since you would have a humanoid body, you'd have to be treated as if you'd had the Warforged feat that removes your composite plating. Your plates would either fall off or worse; absorbed into your body as it transforms, effectively turning all that adamantine into flesh. This is because the acquired DR/adamantine, the armor bonus and the other things are considered enhancements to your composite plating, not separate components, thus lost if you receive the Incarnate Construct spell and accept the template.

And no, you can't sell the adamantine from a Warforged composite plating. The ECS, IIRC, explicitly states the adamantine plating is an alloy, and that it doesn't have enough adamantine so as to make anything useful from it.

If you want to reactivate the feat, you have to turn into Renegade Mastermaker, but that's just ridiculous.

NEO|Phyte
2010-02-21, 04:30 PM
If you want to reactivate the feat, you have to turn into Renegade Mastermaker, but that's just ridiculous.

Ridiculous would be going into Reforged afterwards.

Nate the Snake
2010-02-21, 04:49 PM

So you're a warforged who turns into a human who turns into a warforged? :smallamused:

Ridiculous would be going into Reforged afterwards.

You beat me to it.

Goonthegoof
2010-02-23, 06:35 AM
Another question: The only hard and fast requirement for warforged components is the Warforged race, which I'd still technically have if I got incarnate construct'd. Could I?

(Also other weird question, does the unarmed monk damage thing work in other forms? Say you had 1d10 from monk progression and turned into a tiger)

Also: Can I apply the incarnate construct template to an astral construct?