PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder rogue -_-

toddex
2010-02-21, 04:54 AM
So whats the point of fighters again? If the rogue gets bonus feats with rogue 'talents' every two levels, I dont see a point!

Innis Cabal
2010-02-21, 04:56 AM
Hitpoints, armor...any thing like that?

toddex
2010-02-21, 05:01 AM
Hitpoints, armor...any thing like that?

The figher is still at a d10 while the rogue is at a d8... an average loss of 1hp for sneak attack plus feats! I think everyone would choose that. AC can easily be made up for also, in my opinion.

rockbeast
2010-02-21, 05:03 AM
when did the rogue get a D8 for hp?

toddex
2010-02-21, 05:04 AM
when did the rogue get a D8 for hp?

Pathfinder rogue

http://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/basic-classes/rogue

rockbeast
2010-02-21, 05:07 AM
wow, the fighter could still be a discration though

Rixx
2010-02-21, 05:12 AM
Rogue gets a medium Base Attack Bonus - they qualify for the more gruesome feats much later than a Fighter would.

A Fighter gets medium and heavy armor, and proficiency with every martial weapon. They also eventually get to move really well in heavier armor - better protection with no loss of mobility.

Fighters also get Weapon Training, which are scaling to-hit/damage bonuses with entire weapon groups. Rogues do not.

A Rogue's selection of 'bonus feats' is much more limited than a Fighter's. A Rogue chooses from a list of special abilities, and can only pick each ability once.

Lastly, in Pathfinder, there are a good deal of great combat feats that only a Fighter can qualify for.

BobVosh
2010-02-21, 05:29 AM
Rixx pretty much has it. 5 Dex in full plate, 7 if it is Mithral, is pretty awesome. Also heavy and medium armors all got bumped by 1 AC. So there is a significant difference in AC now.

The weapon training also adds to CMD with those weapons. So it helps a bit.