PDA

View Full Version : Where did Xykon go?

ThePhantasm
2010-02-21, 11:53 PM
Anyone have any idea on where Xykon disappeared to? Even Redcloak doesn't know but he apparently does it often... intriguing...

Conuly
2010-02-21, 11:57 PM
Last time we KNOW OF that he disappeared was in SoD. He was gone for quite a while and that's when he got Serini's diary and found Dorukan's dungeon. Meanwhile, Right-Eye raised a family and Redcloak talked to the guys from SG1, but only for a background joke.

ocdscale
2010-02-22, 12:06 AM
He and Serini are in cahoots.

blunk
2010-02-22, 12:13 AM
Drag pageant?

Fiery Diamond
2010-02-22, 12:20 AM

That would be quite the twist.

Optimystik
2010-02-22, 12:40 AM

Or maybe he has her locked up somewhere?

Either way, it would explain quite a bit - but not explain why he had to puzzle out the diary on his own.

RMS Oceanic
2010-02-22, 02:47 AM
That would be quite the twist.

Maybe he polymorphs into a handsome grave-robbing Halfling to woo information out of her.

Ancalagon
2010-02-22, 04:32 AM
Or maybe he has her locked up somewhere?

Either way, it would explain quite a bit - but not explain why he had to puzzle out the diary on his own.

... his tortures could have failed. That would explain a case where he has her locked up AND had to puzzle it out on his own.

Morthis
2010-02-22, 04:34 AM
Maybe he polymorphs into a handsome grave-robbing Halfling to woo information out of her.

Unlikely, considering he does not have polymorph. Looking at O'Chul's chart, he has Animate Dead, Greater Invisibility, Resilient Sphere and Stoneskin for his 4th level spells.

RMS Oceanic
2010-02-22, 04:35 AM
Unlikely, considering he does not have polymorph. Looking at O'Chul's chart, he has Animate Dead, Greater Invisibility, Resilient Sphere and Stoneskin for his 4th level spells.

Ah, he must have traded polymorph out, for he mentioned it in Start of Darkness.

Another possibility might be Disguise Self.

Ancalagon
2010-02-22, 04:39 AM

He could use, well, scrolls?

Morthis
2010-02-22, 04:43 AM
He could use, well, scrolls?

He could, I simply said unlikely, not impossible. I don't think we've seen Xykon using a scroll so far though.

Ancalagon
2010-02-22, 04:45 AM
He could, I simply said unlikely, not impossible. I don't think we've seen Xykon using a scroll so far though.

Yes, scrolls seem to be neglected for some reason... no clue why people don't seem to like them... and scrolls are a pretty easy way around the restriction you mentioned so it not even in the "unlikely" category anymore.

Morthis
2010-02-22, 04:53 AM
Ah, he must have traded polymorph out, for he mentioned it in Start of Darkness.

Another possibility might be Disguise Self.

Really? Where did he use it, I don't recall reading that.

SoD
It seems that if he could polymorph, the whole inability to taste coffee wouldn't have been such a big deal, since a simple polymorph into a human would (presumably) have given him his ability to taste back.

RMS Oceanic
2010-02-22, 05:14 AM
Really? Where did he use it, I don't recall reading that.

SoD
It seems that if he could polymorph, the whole inability to taste coffee wouldn't have been such a big deal, since a simple polymorph into a human would (presumably) have given him his ability to taste back.

He said "Hold your damn horses or I'll polymorph you into one."

Acero
2010-02-22, 09:18 AM
He's getting his bones shined

HandofShadows
2010-02-22, 09:29 AM
He is supposed to come bakc with a "New Trick" everytime he vanishes. A new spell? Or a new way to use what he already has?

Ancalagon
2010-02-22, 09:35 AM
You did not read Start of Darkness, it seems. Last time he vanished, he was away for a while (three years, I think).

He left Right-Eye, Redcloak and his Goblin-minions in his tower idling. When he came back, he had organised himself more minions (for example Ogres).
And also had found Serinis Diary.

There were no other cases than that where he vanished onscreen for a longer time and then coming back with a new trick.

Felyndiira
2010-02-22, 09:40 AM
Conjecture:

The Order of the Stick's adventure in the desert mentioned that Girard's illusion informed both "her and us" about the agreement breach. Assuming that Xykon is in cahoots with Serini or that he has her held captive somewhere, it is not entirely unreasonable to assume that Xykon, too, now knows about the false gate being breached (although we don't know the exactly nature of the message, so it's just as possible that he misinterpreted the message as "the order got to it first").

Therefore, he may have departed to scout ahead, to scry on the gate and ready actions, or for other reasons relating to this discovery.

Nevadie
2010-02-22, 10:37 AM
My guess is he gained a level and went off to look through the source books on what new spell he should take.

ThePhantasm
2010-02-23, 08:12 PM
Why are so many people suggesting he is in cahoots with Serini? Have there been indicators suggesting this that I have missed, or is it just a wild theory?

I ask because I've seen it mentioned outside of this thread too.

Darklord Bright
2010-02-23, 08:14 PM
Oh, sorry guys. Xykon's just chilling here on the couch with me, watching some Olympic sports.

Mewtarthio
2010-02-23, 08:26 PM
He's researching a new Epic Spell: Summon Snarl. When he gets back, he casts it, and the comic immediately ends.

zoobob9
2010-02-23, 08:30 PM

that list was only of spell that o-chul KNEW he had. there are probably a lot more than that, considering a sorcerer has a ton more spells than a wizard at such a high level.(normally)

Zevox
2010-02-23, 08:37 PM
that list was only of spell that o-chul KNEW he had. there are probably a lot more than that, considering a sorcerer has a ton more spells than a wizard at such a high level.(normally)
Not true. Sorcerers get a high number of spells per day, but not many spells known. Even an epic-level Sorcerer will only have four 4th-level spells known (which is exactly what Xykon has on that list) unless he spent an epic feat acquiring another one. Which would be monumentally stupid, as there are much better uses for epic feats - indeed, much better uses for the epic feat he'd have to take to get another 4th-level spell, since he could instead use it on a much higher level spell.

Zevox

Jagos
2010-02-23, 09:45 PM
Why are so many people suggesting he is in cahoots with Serini? Have there been indicators suggesting this that I have missed, or is it just a wild theory?

I ask because I've seen it mentioned outside of this thread too.

Serini hasn't been found dead anywhere. Xykon already had her diary. From what Girard said in his message, she was at least alive. So there's two possible explanations:
She's dead by Xykon's hands or he has her captive.

We need more info but it's more speculation as to what Serini is up to.

LuisDantas
2010-02-24, 06:50 AM
There are other possibilities, Jagos.

For one thing, Girard's message may be assuming incorrectly that Serini is still alive. It is also possible that Serini's diary was stolen by someone who did not want or did not bother to fight her (not necessarily Xykon).

BenTheJester
2010-02-24, 08:18 AM

That'd be baleful polymorph not polymorph

My bad, baleful polymorph is only small or smaller creatures, so a horse wouldn't be a valid option

Lathund
2010-02-24, 10:36 AM
Not true. Sorcerers get a high number of spells per day, but not many spells known. Even an epic-level Sorcerer will only have four 4th-level spells known (which is exactly what Xykon has on that list) unless he spent an epic feat acquiring another one. Which would be monumentally stupid, as there are much better uses for epic feats - indeed, much better uses for the epic feat he'd have to take to get another 4th-level spell, since he could instead use it on a much higher level spell.

Zevox

Hmm... isn't there eq to gain more spells known?

Nilan8888
2010-02-24, 11:36 AM
Disneyworld. He went to Disneyworld.

Seriously though, it could be anywhere. The oracle has been mentioned, which would be interesting -- maybe he went to the lower planes to talk with some folks there -- but personally I'm hoping for some new and unforseen concept. Maybe with ties to where he went in SoD, but somewhere involving somethings that we haven't seen yet and are completely different from everything done so far.

Kobold-Bard
2010-02-24, 11:43 AM

Could be an empty threat, or he could be convinced he can actually cast Polymorph, but he only ever uses it to turn people into piles of ash so he doesn't know any better :smalltongue:

Maybe's he's off dangling the Oracle out of a window to find out where his phylactery has gone?

eq :smallconfused: What's eq?

Ancalagon
2010-02-24, 11:49 AM

Not really. Even attributes only affect spells per day.

But there IS equipment that allows you to cast more than you could: scrolls.

archon_huskie
2010-02-24, 05:38 PM
You were probablly thinking about the ring of wizardy. That doubles the number spells you can cast at either 1st 2nd 3rd or 4th level.

Fish
2010-02-25, 12:12 PM
Serini could have died of natural causes.
Serini could have died in an adventure.
Serini could be in prison somewhere.
Serini could have gotten bored waiting for someone to find the gate.
Someone could've stolen the diary.
Someone could've copied the diary.
Serini could have been polymorphed into a human male and is secretly Elan's father.
Serini could have been polymorphed INTO the shape of a diary.
Serini could've been killed before she finished building Kraagor's gate.
Serini could be Redcloak.

There's a lot more than 2 possibilities.

Petrocorus
2010-02-25, 12:20 PM
Serini could have been polymorphed INTO the shape of a diary.

Serini could be Redcloak.

This two ones would be awesome!!

Kobold-Bard
2010-02-25, 12:21 PM
This two ones would be awesome!!

You say that, but Redcloak actually being a Polymorphed, Mindraped Serini would make the forum explode with nerdrage. Do you want that on your conscience? Hmmm :smalltongue:

Petrocorus
2010-02-25, 12:38 PM
You say that, but Redcloak actually being a Polymorphed, Mindraped Serini would make the forum explode with nerdrage. Do you want that on your conscience? Hmmm :smalltongue:

"And that would be wrong."

I could use a defence like: "I'm not responsible for other people's reaction."
Big Bad often use it, and it often work.:smallbiggrin:

And about mind rape, i think the breaking of the OotScribble has already done this on several of its member. According to Girard's behaviour seen in the last strips.

I haven't read SOD (the shipping costs more than the book here) but anyway it seems fairly unrealistic according to what i've read here.

To go back on the subject of the thread, i was thinking that last time Xykon disappeared in the comics, he came back with the Teevo, IIRC.
So, i think he may come back with some sort of device to go through Girard's illusion.

ThePhantasm
2010-02-25, 12:58 PM
Its interesting... sometimes Xykon seems totally dependent on Redcloak to run things as if he is just a stupid lich looking for entertainment, and sometimes he seems to be genuinely crafty and devious and independent. I think sometimes he just plays dumb but he really isn't at all...

Kobold-Bard
2010-02-25, 01:06 PM
Its interesting... sometimes Xykon seems totally dependent on Redcloak to run things as if he is just a stupid lich looking for entertainment, and sometimes he seems to be genuinely crafty and devious and independent. I think sometimes he just plays dumb but he really isn't at all...

Please read Start of Darkness. No Xykon related answers you get here will compare.

Big Hungry Joe
2010-02-25, 02:51 PM
You were probablly thinking about the ring of wizardy. That doubles the number spells you can cast at either 1st 2nd 3rd or 4th level.

Didn't V get one of those off Xykon the first time they killed/destroyed him?

And wasn't Roy's dad supposed to haunt Roy if Xykon left the city?

Herald Alberich
2010-02-26, 01:48 AM
Didn't V get one of those off Xykon the first time they killed/destroyed him?

And wasn't Roy's dad supposed to haunt Roy if Xykon left the city?

Yes, and yes. The Ring doubles spell slots per day, but not spells known. V's ring is presumably for 3rd level spells, because Suggestion is 3rd level and the ring lets him spam it against the young black dragon (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0182.html).

As for Eugene, what he says he'll do and what he does are two different things, despite that Lawful Good alignment.

BillyJimBoBob
2010-02-26, 06:08 PM
Unlikely, considering he does not have polymorph. Looking at O'Chul's chart, he has Animate Dead, Greater Invisibility, Resilient Sphere and Stoneskin for his 4th level spells.O'Chul learned the list "one saving throw at a time." Polymorph requires a willing target, and would not have been cast on O'Chul, or to change someone into a horse against their will. It also requires a living creature, and could not be used by a lich to taste coffee again.

Polymorph Any Object, however, is 8th level.

lothos
2010-02-26, 07:44 PM
My opinion is that he is visiting the Oracle. I have a feeling the the Oracle, or possibly someone the Oracle is working for (not necessarily Tiamat) are playing lots of sides off against each other here.

We know the Oracle helped the ancient black dragon and "helped" the Order of the stick, giving them information, but never the whole truth.

We also know that the Linear guild delayed the order of the stick just enough back in Azure City and with the side quest to rescue Roy's sister in Cliffport to make sure the Order were there when team evil attacked Azure city.

I can't prove this, but my suspicion is that the Oracle or his boss is carefully giving information to different players, moving them like pawns. I think that includes Xykon.

When Redcloak says "a new trick" I think it's too literal to assume that's a feat or skill (thought it might be), rather some new direction to investigate like the diary. I think Xykon asked the Oracle how to find out about the gates and that's how he got the diary.

So I think Xykon is a return visitor to the Oracle. I'd love to see a strip of their meetings one day... would be pretty funny. We know the Oracle is scared of Xykon (though of course that doesn't prove they ever met).

CrimsonAngel
2010-02-26, 07:46 PM
He's getting the spell 'Change Goblonoid to plot to gate'.

Ancalagon
2010-02-27, 03:01 AM
My opinion is that he is visiting the Oracle. I have a feeling the the Oracle, or possibly someone the Oracle is working for (not necessarily Tiamat) are playing lots of sides off against each other here.

While I very much like your theory, you should also not forget that the Order got from the Oracle exactly what they *asked* for.

The oracle as "controller in the web" is pretty interesting, but the oracle is not active it all. Just sitting and home and hoping the right people will stumble over your doorstep... sounds like a bad plan to start your plan.

On the other hand, there are some gaps in Xykon's history that could be filled with the knowledge he got from the oracle... like where exactly did he learn about Serini's Diary? Yet, information that specific would be quite un-oracle-like (yet, we also know that kobold reacts to threats. :;)).

Petrocorus
2010-02-27, 06:57 AM
While I very much like your theory, you should also not forget that the Order got from the Oracle exactly what they *asked* for.

The oracle as "controller in the web" is pretty interesting, but the oracle is not active it all. Just sitting and home and hoping the right people will stumble over your doorstep... sounds like a bad plan to start your plan.

Except that the Oracle knows if the right people will stumble over his doorstep.

However, i have myself the feeling that The Oracle just do what he says, answering questions he's paid to answer to. Probably because he don't care about other people.

Where do we learn he has a boss?

Herald Alberich
2010-02-28, 10:33 PM
Where do we learn he has a boss?

His associates, the reptilian wizard and cleric brothers (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0571.html), have a boss he is familiar with, as he asks them to convey his salutations. It doesn't look like he's directly answerable to this boss, though as he says "your boss", not "our boss".

Still, this boss is a possible factor, as an influential client perhaps.

Meanwhile, there is always Tiamat, who is his boss inasmuch as she gives him his powers and he worships her.

Deliverance
2010-03-01, 09:16 AM
You did not read Start of Darkness, it seems. Last time he vanished, he was away for a while (three years, I think).

He left Right-Eye, Redcloak and his Goblin-minions in his tower idling. When he came back, he had organised himself more minions (for example Ogres).
And also had found Serinis Diary.

There were no other cases than that where he vanished onscreen for a longer time and then coming back with a new trick.
We have no indication that he has been gone for a long time or will be gone for a long time - we have Jirix and Redcloak talking and Redcloak considering his absence an errand from which he might return at any time with a new trick.

I must admit that Redcloak talking about Xykon going on an errand and coming back with new tricks immediately made me think of the acquisition in the main strip of the scrying ball and Teevo rather than of SoD.

Asta Kask
2010-03-01, 09:23 AM
To the beach.

Scarlet Knight
2010-03-01, 04:25 PM
To the beach.

:xykon: " There I was , taking a nap in the sun...next thing I know I wake up as an exhibit in a medical school!"

Asta Kask
2010-03-01, 05:16 PM
:xykon: " There I was , taking a nap in the sun...next thing I know I wake up as an exhibit in a medical school!"

You must admit it would be in character for him to take a few weeks off while his minions slave...

Optimystik
2010-03-01, 05:23 PM
He could easily be researching another epic spell - there is no cap on the number you can learn, even if you are a spontaneous caster like a Sorcerer.

After all, we are never shown him learning Cloister, yet some time between killing Dorukan and taking Azure City he did exactly that.

Petrocorus
2010-03-01, 05:46 PM
He could easily be researching another epic spell - there is no cap on the number you can learn, even if you are a spontaneous caster like a Sorcerer.

After all, we are never shown him learning Cloister, yet some time between killing Dorukan and taking Azure City he did exactly that.

Wait, aren't the Epic Level Spell slot related to your spellcraft skill? 1 slot per 10 rank?

Kobold-Bard
2010-03-01, 05:48 PM
Wait, aren't the Epic Level Spell slot related to your spellcraft skill? 1 slot per 10 rank?

1/10 ranks of Knowledge (arcana) in his case. And that's just how many you can prepare each day. You can have as many as you can afford in total.

Kirgoth
2010-03-02, 01:43 AM
Mabee he is transforming into a demi-litch, since litches are so weak

Deliverance
2010-03-02, 03:11 AM
1/10 ranks of Knowledge (arcana) in his case. And that's just how many you can prepare each day. You can have as many as you can afford in total.
Which is really bizarre when you think about it.

:xykon: "I can learn as many epic spells as I want, but I can only learn 4 4th level spells? What sort of lame-arse universe is this?"

Kobold-Bard
2010-03-02, 03:43 AM
Mabee he is transforming into a demi-litch, since litches are so weak

I don't think he will be but this would be a hell of a twist. He returns looking normal, talks to Redcloak then halfway through RC's sentance his body just drops and his head keeps floating there.

:redcloak: - :smalleek:
:xykon: - What? Do I have something in my teeth?

Ancalagon
2010-03-02, 05:04 AM
Which is really bizarre when you think about it.

:xykon: "I can learn as many epic spells as I want, but I can only learn 4 4th level spells? What sort of lame-arse universe is this?"

Researching Epic spells is quite expensive. Both in regard to gold and xp. Sure, an epic char has enough of both of those but four epic spells are still not something you "just pick up somehow".

Yet, Xykon seems to cheat. No clue where that guy gets all those xp to create his tons of objects, spells, permanent spells... he really should not be able to do all this unless he had a source for MASSIVE xp.

Scarlet Knight
2010-03-02, 10:59 AM
He's picking up his cut from the sales of Xykon plushie dolls...

Optimystik
2010-03-02, 11:17 AM

That's slots. There is no cap on Epic Spells known.

In other words, I can know 5000, and only be able to cast 5 per day.

Yet, Xykon seems to cheat. No clue where that guy gets all those xp to create his tons of objects, spells, permanent spells... he really should not be able to do all this unless he had a source for MASSIVE xp.

BoVD has a number of ways he can waive XP costs (in a Xykon-ish way) though I'm not sure how many of them apply to Epic magic. They do apply to other things, like crafting.

Petrocorus
2010-03-02, 11:44 AM
On a related note, is there any way for a high level character to reduce or to counter the costs for spell research or item creation?

Because finding and killing an Adult Red Dragon each time you want to create a Handy Haversack seems annoying and risky. And that's what you require if you're in a lvl 20 party.

Deliverance
2010-03-02, 01:36 PM
Researching Epic spells is quite expensive. Both in regard to gold and xp. Sure, an epic char has enough of both of those but four epic spells are still not something you "just pick up somehow".

That's not really the point with my Xykon snark, and well you know it. :smallbiggrin:

BatRobin
2010-03-02, 03:04 PM
I'm not gonna bother to check if anyone has said it, but he's with Tsukiko discussing that ritual.

Yuki Akuma
2010-03-02, 03:16 PM
No he's not, Tsukiko is still in Azure City.

We saw her like half an hour ago, in-universe time.

Optimystik
2010-03-02, 05:34 PM
On a related note, is there any way for a high level character to reduce or to counter the costs for spell research or item creation?

Because finding and killing an Adult Red Dragon each time you want to create a Handy Haversack seems annoying and risky. And that's what you require if you're in a lvl 20 party.

Using BoVD, he can substitute both souls and pain for the XP component of his crafting and casting needs. This is true even if he is kiling/torturing creatures that are too weak to give him XP the regular way, like commoners and slaves.

Teleporker
2010-03-02, 08:30 PM
Ok. Xykon is lazy, and his phylactery is still officially missing. So what can be so important for him to:

-Actually move his feet to do something himself?
-Move alone?
-Risk being accidentally destroyed by a walking horde of Tarrasques (Tarrasqui? Tarrasci?) while he's out in the open?

His keys!!!

Nah, but more seriously... maybe he did peek into the other side of the rift when he went after the crow, and has not told anyone. True, his attention was focused elsewhere, but still...

Petrocorus
2010-03-02, 09:16 PM
Ok. Xykon is lazy, and his phylactery is still officially missing. So what can be so important for him to:

-Actually move his feet to do something himself?
-Move alone?
-Risk being accidentally destroyed by a walking horde of Tarrasques (Tarrasqui? Tarrasci?) while he's out in the open?

His keys!!!

Nah, but more seriously... maybe he did peek into the other side of the rift when he went after the crow, and has not told anyone. True, his attention was focused elsewhere, but still...

Lazy as he is, if he has move, it's surely not for fun. I would bet he's whether trying to find a better way to recover the phylactery or to find a trick to go through Girard's illusions.
I thinking to the time when he get the wide-screen-crystal-ball. It's may be something like this.

And BTW, since Tarrasque (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tarrasque_(Dungeons_%26_Dragons)) comes from French, its plural is Tarrasques, and both singular and plural are pronounced Tarrask.

Gift Jeraff
2010-03-02, 09:35 PM
Slight nitpick. It was sometime between killing Dorukan and Celia's introduction, since Celia says that one day it was back (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0532.html).

Midknight
2010-03-19, 10:59 PM
Has anyone considered the possibility that he went to find the necromantic soul splice that V lost? How better to get more powerful than to somehow enslave that woman (IIRC) who was said to be the most powerful by far. Anyone who could come up with a bouncy ball of symbol of insanity would wonder how to get their hands on their own soul splice don't you think?

Nimrod's Son
2010-03-20, 05:18 AM
Has anyone considered the possibility that he went to find the necromantic soul splice that V lost? How better to get more powerful than to somehow enslave that woman (IIRC) who was said to be the most powerful by far.
How would Xykon even know she existed? Haerta was long gone by the time V showed up in his tower.

Asta Kask
2010-03-20, 05:28 AM
I still say he went surfing.

Also, those may be some of the impressive sideburns I've seen. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KbdyrRlYR2E)

Ancalagon
2010-03-20, 08:15 AM
Has anyone considered the possibility that he went to find the necromantic soul splice that V lost?

While he cannot know about the lost splice, he does know about the others.
Actually, I find the idea he's going after a soul-splice in some way isn't a bad one.
It's quite good, actually.

Xykon was confronted with the power of a soul splice and he only won because the souls were "shackled to the lame mid-level-ass" of Vaarsuvius.
Imagine the power of a soul splice that is shackled to an already epic sorcerer-lich? That'd be truely unholy.
That must have some merit for Xykon. Yet, he probably dislike soulsplices because they are not permanet and thus not "True Power".

He also might be going to become a demi-lich as he has seen what sort of power he could gain if he tries to become more powerful (again, he saw that with the soul splice and he now tries to get even more powerful).

Anyway: I'd like to see that Vaarsuvius kickstarted some wish in Xykon to become even more powerful. ;)

Herald Alberich
2010-03-20, 04:25 PM
Anyway: I'd like to see that Vaarsuvius kickstarted some wish in Xykon to become even more powerful. ;)

Right, because that run of bad decisions hasn't kicked V around enough already.

Demilichification for Xykon would be interesting to see, but would throw him so high above the Order's level I have no idea how they'd ever pose a threat to him again.

Math_Mage
2010-03-20, 08:22 PM
Has anyone considered the possibility that he went to find the necromantic soul splice that V lost? How better to get more powerful than to somehow enslave that woman (IIRC) who was said to be the most powerful by far. Anyone who could come up with a bouncy ball of symbol of insanity would wonder how to get their hands on their own soul splice don't you think?

No deal. Xykon doesn't want it--he's the baddest dude in the world, and wants to stay that way, not go around making contracts with other planes in which he is clearly the underling receiving a boon in exchange for future service. The IFCC doesn't want it--make Xykon too strong and all the chaos and destructive unnecessary conflict goes away. "Screw that (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0668.html)," remember? Rich doesn't want it--it reuses an unnecessary plot device and accomplishes little in terms of plot advancement (okay, Xykon kicks everyone else's tooshie, we figured that out already). It ain't gonna happen.

The MunchKING
2010-03-21, 10:21 AM

He cound't exactly splice the soul to himself could he??

And why would they want to splice for him? they're already getting his soul as the Big Evil.

DeltaEmil
2010-03-21, 12:04 PM
Xykon would still have won against Ganonron and Jephton if they were alive. Energy drain is just that powerful.

Haera on the other hand might possess some epic spell with which to command undead, even if they're mighty and powerful liches protected by tons of epic abjuration spells.

Ancalagon
2010-03-21, 12:31 PM
Demilichification for Xykon would be interesting to see, but would throw him so high above the Order's level I have no idea how they'd ever pose a threat to him again.

Never mind that, then. They are already no real threat. Xykon never has fought serious against them (and when he become "somewhat serious", even the soul-spliced Vaarsuvius was down in two rounds).

Herald Alberich
2010-03-21, 10:55 PM
Never mind that, then. They are already no real threat. Xykon never has fought serious against them (and when he become "somewhat serious", even the soul-spliced Vaarsuvius was down in two rounds).

True, and I shouldn't have said "again". As it stands, it's possible that they could become a threat by the end of the comic, but if Xykon gets a permanent upgrade like that? Yeesh.

Which still leaves the question of what he is doing. Maybe it's not important besides as a reason for him to be absent during the celebration and jailbreak, but I doubt it. Guess we'll just have to wait and see.

Liwen
2010-03-21, 11:59 PM

Liches. Do. Not. Sleep.

Unless extremely bored.
:smallbiggrin:

amanojaku
2010-03-22, 12:06 AM
While he cannot know about the lost splice, he does know about the others.
Actually, I find the idea he's going after a soul-splice in some way isn't a bad one.
It's quite good, actually.

Xykon was confronted with the power of a soul splice and he only won because the souls were "shackled to the lame mid-level-ass" of Vaarsuvius.
Imagine the power of a soul splice that is shackled to an already epic sorcerer-lich? That'd be truely unholy.
That must have some merit for Xykon. Yet, he probably dislike soulsplices because they are not permanet and thus not "True Power".

He also might be going to become a demi-lich as he has seen what sort of power he could gain if he tries to become more powerful (again, he saw that with the soul splice and he now tries to get even more powerful).

He might want the soul splices as a temporary way of juicing up to cast something really big, possibly involving the snarl..

Ancalagon
2010-03-22, 04:27 AM
He might want the soul splices as a temporary way of juicing up to cast something really big, possibly involving the snarl..

... at the point where he is now and surely at the point where he would be with a soul splice, he would not need the snarl anymore for conquering the world... actually, the Team he has now (Redcloak and Tsukiko) are pretty well prepared for everything they might encounter on that path.

Cealocanth
2010-03-22, 10:49 PM
As said when V stupidly attacked Xykon, he is most likely out looking for his phylactery with a few million hobbos following him.

You rise a good point though.

Shale
2010-03-22, 11:37 PM
No, the hobbos are looking for the phylactery without him. Redcloak said so when he talked with Jirix after the ceremony.