PDA

View Full Version : Helping someone register

Archpaladin Zousha
2010-02-22, 12:08 AM
I have a friend who is trying to register for the forum, but he keeps getting problems with the spam filter question. He enters the cast member's name, but it keeps saying it's wrong, even though I've shown him the cast page.

Is there anything I can do to help him? I'm trying to start a game with his help, but he needs to have an account here.

Mystic Muse
2010-02-22, 12:31 AM
try answering without capital letters.

EDIT: the OP got what he wanted. awaiting thread lock.

Roland St. Jude
2010-02-24, 07:39 PM
Thread locked.

TheMadLinguist
2010-03-08, 04:31 AM
as far as I can tell, even though the nospam setup says to enter in the names in lowercase, it actually wants the first letter of the character's name to be capitalized instead...

sofawall
2010-03-08, 08:27 AM
People have had problems with this for a long while now. I never figured out what let me in, I just kept trying different combination until it worked. I wonder if this is the actual problem?

Roland St. Jude
2010-03-08, 09:02 AM
Sheriff of Moddingham: This has been discussed in previous Board Issues threads at some length. Last I heard, the notice about lowercase was added because that's what's required. I'll lock this but if Rawhide wants to explain further he can sneak an additional post in under the lock.

Rawhide
2010-03-11, 07:24 PM
All should be fixed now. I'm not sure when it crept in, but there was a single character out of place causing a syntax error and a couple of the answers to stuff up. Mighty difficult to spot.