PDA

View Full Version : [3.5] Tiny player race

Lord of Syntax
2010-02-22, 12:25 AM
Are there any Tiny player races?

arguskos
2010-02-22, 12:29 AM
I am assuming D&D 3.5. If yes, Hengyokai (Oriental Adventures). Choose Sparrow. Congrats, you're now Diminutive.

sonofzeal
2010-02-22, 12:34 AM
I believe the Jermlaine (Tiny Fey, MM2) were given LA+0 in the errata, though I haven't actually looked it up in a while.

magic9mushroom
2010-02-22, 01:30 AM

Yes, there are. Pixie and Imp are playable IIRC.

If you meant "with +0 LA", I'm not quite sure.

sonofzeal
2010-02-22, 01:38 AM
Yes, there are. Pixie and Imp are playable IIRC.

If you meant "with +0 LA", I'm not quite sure.
Wrong on both counts. Pixie are not Tiny (they're only Small), and Imp don't have a Level Adjustment for players.

Grig are your core Tiny Fey, but aren't nearly as good a race as Pixies overall.

Runestar
2010-02-22, 02:04 AM
MM3 has the petal, at LA+2. But they are listed as "cohort only".

Savage species gives the imp a LA of +4, for a final ECL of 7. Don't think it is worth it.

sonofzeal
2010-02-22, 02:06 AM
Savage species gives the imp a LA of +4, for a final ECL of 7. Don't think it is worth it.
I thought that was just their cohort LA. Do you have a page number?

Runestar
2010-02-22, 02:13 AM
I thought that was just their cohort LA. Do you have a page number?

Page 180. At least I assume they meant it to be used as a PC since they went to the trouble of creating a class progression for it, and even mentioned how it would appeal to certain sorts of players.

Ravens_cry
2010-02-22, 02:37 AM
MM3 has the petal, at LA+2. But they are listed as "cohort only".
Talk to your DM. It shouldn't take too much bribery. . .I mean, discussion to allow it.

sonofzeal
2010-02-22, 02:38 AM
Talk to your DM. It shouldn't take too much bribery. . .I mean, discussion to allow it.
I find cheetoes and mountain dew are the best form of briberydiscussion

Eloel
2010-02-22, 02:40 AM

There's Beguiler in Shining South (were they Small or Tiny?)
There's also Muckdweller (or smt similar) in punpun land Serpent Kingdom

Tanaric
2010-02-22, 02:49 AM
There's Beguiler in Shining South (were they Small or Tiny?)

Beguilers are both Small-sized and inappropriate for players. Their listed LA is for cohorts only.

Runestar
2010-02-22, 03:19 AM
I have never really understood the distinction between the 2. What makes a race suitable for use as a cohort but not a PC? For the petal at least, it is humanoid in shape, so it can speak and still manipulate objects. It has no debilitating drawbacks that might sabotage the party. It would make an excellent warlock or swordsage.

Griffon, I understand (cannot speak, lacks hands). The rest? :smalleek:

Tanaric
2010-02-22, 03:32 AM
...would you really allow a player to play a small sized race with permanent true seeing?

That's not the only reason to pick a Beguiler, but it should be a big enough offender by itself.

And they would be LA +0.

KillianHawkeye
2010-02-22, 03:38 AM
The Tibbit's feline form in Tiny, but at that point you're essentially a house cat with class levels. :smallamused:

Runestar
2010-02-22, 03:39 AM
...would you really allow a player to play a small sized race with permanent true seeing?

That's not the only reason to pick a Beguiler, but it should be a big enough offender by itself.

And they would be LA +0.

But that is somehow balanced as a cohort who journeys with the party? The party would still be getting the benefit of perm full-seeing.

Ravens_cry
2010-02-22, 04:36 AM
The Tibbit's feline form in Tiny, but at that point you're essentially a house cat with class levels. :smallamused:
And that, is just awesome.:smallbiggrin:

BigBadBugbear
2010-02-22, 04:44 AM
And that, is just awesome.:smallbiggrin:

No, thats incredible... :smallbiggrin:

Tanaric
2010-02-22, 04:46 AM
But that is somehow balanced as a cohort who journeys with the party? The party would still be getting the benefit of perm full-seeing.

Not as such, but it is inherently restricted to games where Leadership is allowed. Not many people do so without intentionally making it a high power game.

So it sort of fits in better. A little.

Besides, they're cute. They look like Pikachu.

Darrin
2010-02-22, 06:50 AM
I am assuming D&D 3.5. If yes, Hengyokai (Oriental Adventures). Choose Sparrow. Congrats, you're now Diminutive.

Fine-sized, actually. The carp and crab versions are diminuative. Badger, Cat, Hare, Monkey, Rat, and Weasel are all tiny.

There are two LA +0 tiny races:

Jermlaine (MM2): Str -8, Dex +6, Con -2, Int -2, Wis +6, Cha -6. Their stats make them almost unplayable except for maybe druid or cleric.

Muckdweller (Serpent Kingdoms): Str -6, Dex +6, Wis -2, Cha -2. They may be somewhat decent as Warlocks or Dragonfire Adepts.