PDA

View Full Version : [AFMBE]How do you handle hordes of enemies?

mr.fizzypop
2010-02-22, 09:40 PM
In an All Flesh Must Be Eaten campaign, whats the best way to handle large amounts of enemies? I'm talking about Left 4 Dead sized hordes, with 50+ zombies. I figure a board would get too cluttered, and writing on a whiteboard would get confusing.

How should I handle this?

WeeFreeMen
2010-02-22, 10:17 PM
If I had more time Id look it up for you, however.

There is a template, homebrew, but still very good.
Its "Mob." basically it is for just the situation your talking about.

Treats them as a type of swarm, while still letting them be individually powerful.
Also, Its much easier to say "This blob of ink is the Zombie Swarm" than to stat out and draw 50+ circles.

Just a thought.
Best of luck.

EDIT: Found it. http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=129179

Weezer
2010-02-22, 10:33 PM
There is a template, homebrew, but still very good.
Its "Mob." basically it is for just the situation your talking about.

Thats for DnD 3.5, he specified AFMBE which is a different system.

WeeFreeMen
2010-02-22, 10:39 PM
Sorry, wasn't familiar with the system.
Just wanted to throw some idea out, since no one else had replied. :]

mr.fizzypop
2010-02-22, 10:41 PM
Thanks for the idea, I know its 3.5, but I could easily home brew it to unisystem.

WeeFreeMen
2010-02-22, 10:55 PM
:] Well in that case, good luck.
Personally I've used it before and it made things so much easier.
"You now face a angry mob of about 120 Orcs"
rather than
"You face 120 Orcs, Roll Initiative" *breaks out dice roller*

Elvenoutrider
2010-02-23, 12:44 AM
As someone who has played this game i can give some advice on the matter. Since damage in this game hurts and is very hard to treat, ammo is usually sparce, and the pcs should be losing essence and endurance as long as they are in comba, the pcs will probably not decide to attack a horde. Therefore a horde can usually be handled as a plot device, one which doesn't need to be marked. If you want them to fight the horde, put them in a position where only a small portion will be visible at any given time. For instance mark windows and doors where they can come through in smaller numbers. If a horde does need to be eliminated the pcs should be encouraged to find a way to destroy it using skills or try to sneak around it rather than using attacks.