PDA

View Full Version : Good Bard/Rogue build?

onthetown
2010-02-23, 06:37 AM
I'm planning on making a bard/rogue in an upcoming plotline for the campaign I play in, and I was wondering what exactly I should do with her/him... Then I figured I'd come here and ask since you all have such awesome ideas when I ask questions :smallbiggrin:

So, a Bard/Rogue... What's a good build for it? Any good prestige classes or feats? I want to focus a bit more on the physical aspect of it than the spellcasting aspect (the bard part is going to be more of a storyteller than a musician). The race is going to be kender (what can I say? I love them!), but if I decide to not use that then I'll be choosing some other Small size race.

The level I'll be bringing her/him in is around 9 or 10. We play 3.x/Pathfinder. Since it's a kender, I'll be starting the character out in Dragonlance (and I have the campaign setting so I can go searching for any good feats that are specific to it).

Any ideas?

Smythen
2010-02-23, 06:45 AM
So, a Bard/Rogue... What's a good build for it? Any good prestige classes or feats? I want to focus a bit more on the physical aspect of it than the spellcasting aspect (the bard part is going to be more of a storyteller than a musician). The race is going to be kender (what can I say? I love them!), but if I decide to not use that then I'll be choosing some other Small size race.

Any ideas?

Skip the bard and go staight Rogue with skill ranks in perform oratory/story telling. The pathfinder rogue is awesome, with bonus feats and tricks all the way to lvl 20.

Ernir
2010-02-23, 07:04 AM
Rogue 1/Bard 5/Daggerspell Mage 4/Sublime Chord 2/more Daggerspell Mage?

Sublime Chord is in Complete Arcane, Daggerspell Mage in Complete Adventurer.

onthetown
2010-02-23, 07:11 AM
Skip the bard and go staight Rogue with skill ranks in perform oratory/story telling. The pathfinder rogue is awesome, with bonus feats and tricks all the way to lvl 20.

I love my bards and I'm pretty good at using them well, so I'll stick with bard.

What does Daggerspell Mage do? I had wanted to focus a bit more on rogue and physical prestige classes that would boost both of the classes, but that sounds interesting.

Dusk Eclipse
2010-02-23, 11:33 AM
Daggerspell mage is a class specializing in dual wielding daggers and channeling spells through it, IRRC it is 9/10 casting and some reasonable pre requisites.