PDA

View Full Version : Doomtoads (IC)

Fitz
2010-02-23, 08:45 AM
The wasted wench is a slightly seedy tavern on the edge of the merchant quater of the city of Valendar. an Oak beamed building with a sign swinging gently in the breeze, this early in the day the trade is quiet as most patrons are going about thier business , however the pleasent smell of roast venison wafts from the door, as you enter the taproom is well lit and a number of tables are free, the Barmaid is quietly cleaning the ale-mugs and a large fire is quietly burning, without the extra fuel for the evening warming without being overbearing.
otherwise the tavern appears empty though the sounds of busy working comes from the kitchen.

Torco
2010-02-24, 02:41 PM
Ervaanien arrives early and hungry, and quickly sits down by the fire. He leans back on his chair, puts his feet up, asks for a bowl of broth or something, and closes his eyes, appearing to sleep. He is, as is often the case, meditating on the mysterious arcane abilities he commands, but not yet understands. From time to time he interrupts his apparent slumber to look around the tavern, or to enjoy a sip of his soup.

Watcher
2010-02-24, 04:01 PM
Greg stumbles into the tavern, quite out of breath. His church robes are frayed and very dirty near the feet. It is very obvious he's been running in dirty roads (possibly back roads) to get here. He quick examines the area for any other members of the church, and when he finds none, he takes refuge in the dark corner of the tavern. He catches his breath and then becomes a silent patron in the corner.

Torco
2010-02-24, 08:54 PM
- What's up, padre? you need a drink that bad? I mean... I knew church was boring, but it looks like I had no idea!

Ervaanien smiles humorously at the man from across the room, and then goes back to the warm, spicy broth.

Scotty88
2010-02-24, 10:50 PM
Jego enters the tavern. he stands at the entrance noticing where the patrons are before he picks the table not near any of them only because he didnt know anyone in this town. When he was finally set in the chair he pulls out a note scans over it a few time before getting back up and heading over to the barkeep saying "can i get a cup of ale "

Watcher
2010-02-24, 11:56 PM
Greg acknowledges that Ervaanien spoke with a quick smile, but returns to his reserved position when Ervaanien turns back to what he was eating. Greg then puts his hood up and lies low.

Perducci
2010-02-25, 03:59 PM
A little bit later, a wild-eyed blonde enters the room wearing robes of the church. Her focus seems to dance around all corners of the room. Her eyes seem to settle for a moment and she grins giddily. With a flick of her hair and a spring in her step she saunters over to the fire and begins to warm her hands. She begins to quietly sing a tune. Hum diddly dum dum...I'm going to find you...hum diddly dum dum...I'll pick your brain til its mine too...

Watcher
2010-02-25, 04:08 PM
Greg begins to hide behind his table.
Hide:[roll0]
He whispers to himself silently, "Oh no...the Church?!"

Perducci
2010-02-25, 04:22 PM
[roll0]

The woman of faith begins to scan the room for her mark. Her song turns to soft humming.

A small frown of frustration appears at the very corner of her lip. She turns to face the other patrons. Excuse me, but I'm searching for a Brother who was in an awful hurry. I believe he came in here. Has anyone seen him? I'm afraid I have some urgent news to pass on, and I would certainly appreciate the help.

Watcher
2010-02-25, 04:30 PM
Greg bites his lip as she says she knows he's here. He pulls at his short, black hair as a patron points his direction. He then sighs and pretends he was picking something up from the floor.
Bluff:[roll0]

Perducci
2010-02-25, 04:38 PM
OOC-(What exactly is the Bluff check against/for?)

The woman nods. Thank you very kindly sir. She begins to walk to that corner of the bar.

Watcher
2010-02-25, 04:43 PM
Greg looks nervous as she approaches. Possible conversations run through his head to excuse why he's here.

OOC: The bluff was pretending he was just picking something up and not deliberately avoiding her.

Perducci
2010-02-25, 05:01 PM
[roll0]

With a kind smile, she takes a seat next to Greg. My my Brother, you are quite hard to track down sometimes. If one didn't know you that well, they might think you were up to something. A knowing emphasis is placed upon these last words.

[roll1]

Watcher
2010-02-25, 05:04 PM
"I'm sorry, Sister...um...Sister..."
Greg struggles to remember the blonde. He realizes they've never met before.

Sense Motive:[roll0]

"I don't believe we've met. Are you new to the Church?" Greg seems simply curious, not suspicious.

Perducci
2010-02-25, 05:11 PM
A quiet laugh emits from the woman. No no, my dear friend. I've been involved in the church for quite some time.

She takes a moment to lean forward and tap the table. I, and by extension, our Church has taken notice of your actions. My question, if I should be so forward, is this: What exactly are your intentions and what is it that you are hoping to gain?

Watcher
2010-02-25, 05:17 PM
Sense Motive:[roll0]
Greg is truly confused.
"Umm...actions? You mean of...visiting the tavern?"

Perducci
2010-02-25, 05:24 PM
[roll0]
[roll1]

Anger flashes across her face and smoulders in her eyes.

Do not play the fool! Eyes have been upon you. I know you secretly plot and scheme. I will not tolerate deceit, but mercy may be shown upon you for cooperation! Her soft words fall from her mouth with all the seriousness of a dagger.

Tell me your hidden agenda or face the consequences.

Watcher
2010-02-25, 05:26 PM
Sense Motive: [roll0]
Counter Intimidate: [roll1]
"Gah! I-I don't know what you're talking about! I'm not working against the Church! I'm part of the Church!" Greg is thoroughly confused, and his words are genuine.

Perducci
2010-02-25, 05:39 PM
A hard smile appears across thin lips. She leans back.

Yes, of course. Now, I believe you, but in order to clear your name, I will need to know some things. But excuse me...where are my manners?

She folds her hands in front of her on the table. My name is of little importance, but you may call me Sister Freya. Describe to me please what your position is within the Church.

Freya narrows her eyes slightly. Please understand, as long as you tell the truth no harm will come of this.

Watcher
2010-02-25, 05:43 PM
Greg takes a second to understand what she said; her apparent "mood swing" left him shocked. He begins to speak again, stuttering from leftover shock, not bad lying.
"O-oh! I-I'm just a Brother. I'm under Father Atticus. I, uh, I do the same thing the other Brothers and Sisters do. So...I suppose you know what we do, yourself, Sister...Freya."
Greg suddenly realizes something.
"But... you must already know this, if I've been 'watched'."

Perducci
2010-02-25, 05:57 PM
Freya nods in a sheepish way. I must apologize. Watched is a strong term. In reality, it is more like noticed.

Then she smirks. I know as well as you that members of our Faith do not all perform the same work. Some are healers and miracle workers. Some preach to the masses. Some count offerings and donations. Some lead. Some follow. Some travel. Others still keep watch over the flock.

The smirk fades. I would like to know what category I should put you in. Please...indulge me.

Watcher
2010-02-25, 06:05 PM
"Well... none of those, actually. I usually only preach to people who ask for it. I, uh, mostly help take care of the Church's library and books. I...I stay in the Church, usually."

Perducci
2010-02-25, 06:10 PM
Again, she nods.

Interesting. Perhaps you could give me a tour sometime? I'm very interested in learning lore.

What of this Father...Atticus you said...what is it that he does?

Watcher
2010-02-25, 06:13 PM
"Well...he guides and overlooks the Brothers and Sisters, and...I don't know much more than that. I never asked. I think he takes confessions, though. Not sure." Greg starts to regain his suspicions, but doesn't ask anything yet.

OOC:
GRR for asking me so many questions I have to look up first! :smalltongue:

Perducci
2010-02-25, 06:25 PM
It is becoming increasingly clear that you are a man who means no harm.

Freya gently places a hand on Greg's shoulder and gives him a little shake. I fear that I may have rattled you. I apologize deeply. You don't, however, mind if I stay around you for a while longer do you? It would help me greatly in completing my report.

Her face seems to lose its harsh lines and fierce posturing. She gives a genuine smile.

OOC- How's that for giving the party(well part of it) a reason for being together?

Watcher
2010-02-25, 06:30 PM
"I s'pose so. Do you need to know anything else? About the Church?" Greg relaxes and looks out the window briefly.

OOC: It's certainly unique...

Perducci
2010-02-25, 06:40 PM
Freya shakes her head. But you've been most cooperative. Thank you.

Torco
2010-02-25, 06:43 PM
Ervaanien has been listening to them the whole time, keeping his eyes closed and his laid back posture intact, but noticeably smiling. He finds the scene hilarious, a priest hiding at the tavern, and another one seeking him out and interrogating him. It's as if the tavern had become a comedy theatre!

He suddenly gets up, in the mood for a little game of chance, looks for someone who looks like someone who will take a wager, and silently approaches him or her.

INT/sense motive roll [roll0] (to find someone to gamble with)

- A silver piece says the ice queen there gets a leash around his neck and takes him to the church or wherever else, what do you say?

He is discreet, but not really sneaky.

Bluff [roll1]

OOC- what did you expect from a chaotic neutral arrogant sorcerer... I know, he's annoying :D

Watcher
2010-02-25, 06:46 PM
"Sure thing. I don't like to be rude to people." There is a bit of contempt, but it is instantly gone for purposes of manners. Greg then looks at the other people in the tavern, especially the shifty elf and the one that spoke to him when he entered the tavern. The one who is now betting on their conversation. Greg doesn't notice he does it, but he glares a bit at the elf.

Perducci
2010-02-25, 06:56 PM
Taking notice of the glare, Freya turns around and notices the elf. Something wrong Brother?

Torco
2010-02-25, 06:57 PM
Ervaanien answers the man's glare with a candid, almost childish smile. Furthermore, he waves at him.

- Wrong? no, everything's just fine, sis -he replies with an amused smile- how about you, are you having a good day?

She, an everyone else for that matter, can see that he lacks the usual seriousness and overall mannerisms of an elf.

Watcher
2010-02-25, 07:01 PM
Greg raises his eyebrows.

He then says quietly (only she and a few around them can hear), "He's...betting on the outcome on our conversation...Never mind, it's just annoying."

Torco
2010-02-25, 07:11 PM
listen roll: [roll0]

Watcher
2010-02-25, 07:15 PM
(Move?) Silently roll: [roll0] = Natural 20 + 8

Greg struggles for words, and ends up not finding any.

Perducci
2010-02-25, 08:42 PM
Joyous.

Her smile is still on her face. Why would you want to bet on the outcome of a conversation? There are so many variables. You might as well be betting on what the shape of a cloud tomorrow will be.

Torco
2010-02-26, 12:23 AM
Ervaanien walks up to the table in which the blonde and the young priest are sitting before continuing the conversation.

- I don't want to impose, but it's rude to converse from one side of the tavern to the other. After all, other patrons have their own business, right? My name is Ervaanien, by the way, most pleased to meet you both.

He waits a few seconds before continuing, looking carefully at both and stroking his long and sand-blond hair.

- Indeed you are right, it's no different. But then again what is wrong with betting on clouds? Of course, you look far more interesting that meteorological phenomena. What could bring not one but two priests into a fine tavern such as the Wasted Wench ?

Watcher
2010-02-26, 01:05 AM
Greg lets the other woman handle this. Whenever someone looks at him, he motions to the other person.

Scotty88
2010-02-26, 02:11 AM
After he gotten his drink Jego heads back to the table he picked out near the corner to so he can keep an eye out on people he is unfamiliar with. He look up at the woman as she made her announcement. He looks back into his mug mumbling to himself "hmm she is fairly easy on the eyes" moving to a closer table.

Jego sips on his ale quietly as he listens in on church followers conversation finding it very amusing on part when the girl shouts at him bout his intentions and the guy pleaded he had no plans against the church.

As he nearly finishes his ale he looks up at the guy placing a bet on the church followers and basically to what he thinks adding himself into the conversation. He leaned his chair a bit toward the group but he leans to far and falls backwards towards the group thinking "aww crap this isn't good"

OCC:
so much has happen while i was at work. you guys was on the move.

Perducci
2010-02-26, 02:51 PM
Freya slides a chair out from the table with her foot. Well then, Ervaanien, please join us. I am Freya. As for what brings us here, I can only speak for myself. I wished to have a conversation. And as for my Brother, he can certainly speak... She is interrupted by a thumping sound and her eyes trail off that direction. For himself.

Torco
2010-02-26, 03:52 PM
The elf offers the fallen guy his hand

- Up you go, pal, there. I think there are better ways to impress a lady than falling at her feet, although that has worked for me a couple times. Are you hurt?

he sits down and subtly kicks a chair back, as if by accident.

- And yourself ? - he says, looking at Greg.

Watcher
2010-02-26, 04:02 PM
Being a way's away from the collision, Greg is confused as to what he's being asked. It shows. A lot.
"Wait, what?"

Scotty88
2010-02-26, 05:18 PM
Jego takes the guys hand chuckling at the guys words on his way back to his feet and says "yes im all right. take more than a simple fall to get me. I agree its not a valid way to impress ladies but sometimes effective. Im sorry for the mishap here everything sounded so interesting so i had to get a closer ear in it i guess it was to close. ahh where my manners i am Jego" extending his hand for a handshake.

Torco
2010-02-26, 05:24 PM
- Utterly entertained to meet you, Jego.

Ervaanien smiles back at the fallen man's good humour, and outright starts laughing at Greg's confusion.

- I don't mean to be rude, it's just too fun not to laugh. I'm asking you what is a tavern like you doing in a priest like this.

Watcher
2010-02-26, 05:32 PM
Greg tries to cover his real reason, but messes up because the elf called him a priest.
"Priests can't just visit taverns?"
Bluff: [roll0]

Torco
2010-02-26, 09:02 PM
Sense motive [roll0]
AFTER-ROLL:

- Sure they can, my apologies, I didn't mean anything by it. It's just not all that common, you know... I thought you weren't allowed to focus too much on earthly pleasures and all that. I honestly thought that you were hiding here and that Freya here was coming here to get you back to the straight and narrow. Silly me, huh?

Ervaanien is honest about that.

Watcher
2010-02-27, 12:02 AM
Greg isn't an adept bluffer, so he feels guilt when he lets someone be misled by him.
"Well, err... I suppose the Church wouldn't 'approve' of it, but I've never met Sister Freya before. Which church did you say you were from, again, Sister?"

OOC: If she comes up with a name or uses and actual one, please tell me OOCly if you bluff about it. Spoiler text is probably good enough. :smallsmile:

Torco
2010-02-27, 12:37 AM
- Oh, so you are misbehaving, aye? I guess I'd have taken my priestly robes off, if I were you. You can borrow my cloak, if you want to.

I wonder if we still have a DM xD

Watcher
2010-02-27, 01:01 AM
"That's okay, I actually came directly from the Church. I didn't have time..." Greg trails off, realizing he's saying too much.

"Sister? Where did you say you were from again?"

OOC:
I think there's not much he can do right now. So far, it's just PC interactions.

Perducci
2010-02-27, 01:06 AM
Freya clicks her tongue thrice and gives a grin to Greg.

Oh, I do hope you aren't asking me such nonsense as who I report to or where I'm based. To say that I gather information to protect the Faith at any cost should be enough. She folds her hands and uses a tone one would use to explain something to a child. I cannot freely give out such information, as it could put things at risk. For instance, if I were to say I reported to Father So-and-So, then someone might overhear that and decide to see what sort of secrets could be pried out of him at the end of a knife. Surely, you understand, yes?

She turns to the others. Do you frequent this place often? I've got an awful hunger for some fruit. Would there be any here?

OOC- I think its great how far along we've gotten without one. That said, I hope the DM hasn't forgotten us.

Scotty88
2010-02-27, 03:55 AM
Jego looks at the lady and says "i couldn't tell you I'm fairly new to this town, although fruit does sound good right now"

Watcher
2010-02-27, 07:37 AM
Greg looks suspicious.
"You have a Church THAT unsafe, huh? People don't actively threaten Church leaders for information. Are you really from a place so unsafe? It seems...distant."

Perducci
2010-02-27, 02:31 PM
Freya once again gives a grin at Greg's remarks.

Distant? Not so very. You would be surprised at what lengths heretics and cultists would go to for their own devious gains.

She gives a sigh and licks her lips. Oh what I would do for a juicy apple...

Watcher
2010-02-27, 06:22 PM
"But you know I'm from the Church and have no evil intentions. You said so yourself. And there's barely anyone here. Our churches can't be so far apart that I've never heard of one like yours, while you come here. I think I must be missing something."
Greg is persistent at keeping the conversation on track.
"In fact, I don't believe the Church would even approve of such violent interrogation. Especially in public."

Torco
2010-02-27, 11:56 PM
- I think he's right, you should really take him somewhere more private to interrogate him

[If your character got what the bet was about, you don't need to roll sense motive :D]

OOC-

She gives a sigh and licks her lips. Oh what I would do for a juicy apple...
the appropriate fruit-related joke is obvious xD

Perducci
2010-02-28, 11:54 AM
OOC- Well considering our DM doesn't seem to be around right now, I'm just going to assume some things. Like that Valendar and the Church of Istmar are large enough that everyone doesn't know everyone. Also, Freya never rose her voice.

Freya looks highly confused. My dear sir. Violent? If you consider a harsh word in a hushed tone to be violent, then I dare say that you are naive. If you believe that our Church...because if it is not apparent that we are of the same church-we are...wields so much power without some of its members doing tough and dirty work, then again you are naive.

She gives a long sigh. I do not believe you are naive, but why is it that you doubt?

She politely ignores the elf for a moment.

Scotty88
2010-02-28, 12:05 PM
Jego shakes his head in amusement listen to the trio's conversation and says "I agree with Ervaanien...He maybe more willing in private matters...hell i even help out."

Watcher
2010-02-28, 02:52 PM
"You're not like any other member of the Church I've met. The Church doesn't like to interrogate others with threats, especially to other Church members. You should know this, if you're in the church yourself."

OOC:
DM's contacted me. He'll post soon enough. :smallsmile:

Torco
2010-02-28, 02:54 PM
Ervaanien has been waiting for something to say something like that. He thinks this will be terribly funny, and of course, he's wrong.

- So you're willing to help Freya get into Greg's privates? Sounds like a plan !

He doesn't wait for the others to acknowledge his joke, he just laughs loudly and without restraint.

- Oh, guys, get a room

OOC-it looks like Ervaanien's gonna be somewhat of the party's silly "funny" guy :D

Watcher
2010-02-28, 03:10 PM
Greg resists the urge to start a bar fight with the elf.

I'm backtracking what I posted because nobody saw it and it was OOC.

Scotty88
2010-02-28, 03:18 PM
With a giant smirk on his face Jego joins Ervaanien in the roar of laughter. He didn't mean to instigate and egg Ervaanien on but he couldn't help himself, he needed a laugh and he surely got it.

Torco
2010-02-28, 04:06 PM
The elf controls his laughter just long enough to tease Greg a bit more.

- Oh, come on, where's your sense of humour, padre ? Maybe someone should look for it, I wonder where they'd start.

Ervaanien laughs a bit more before stopping.

- Come on, don't take it personally, it's just a joke, after all. Come on, I'll make it up to you. Beer's on me

Ervaanien orders a round of beers for the table [I assume it'll cost around 6 coppers or so?]

OOC- yeah, DM contacted me too... can't wait. Oh, and don't take it personally, just roleplaying... and Jego just made it too easy for Ervaanien... no hard feelings? =)

Scotty88
2010-02-28, 05:08 PM
Jego's laughter continues as Ervaanien continues to tease Greg but starts to gain control due to his sides beginning to hurt. "ok..ok... I'm done this is too much for me. Glad to have met you Ervaanien you gave me one good laugh." then he picks up his chair and sits back down.

yeah i was also contacted by DM looking forward for tomorrow. I can honestly say I'm going to enjoy RPing with you all especially with a comedic elf lol :smalltongue:

Torco
2010-02-28, 05:55 PM
- I think we're gonna get along just fine. What is it you do, for a living, Jego?

OOC- since we still need to wait a bit for the DM, might as well.

Scotty88
2010-02-28, 09:30 PM
After taking a nice swig of beer Jego answers "umm.... well really as of now I'm in search of someone that goes by the name of Yele. So I guess I'm a roamer. How about you."

Torco
2010-02-28, 10:07 PM
The elf offers the beer mug for a toast, then answers.

- Well, I'm a wanderer too, though I'm not above some mercenary work, which is my main source of income as of late... I'm not looking for anything in particular, really. Since my father died I just want to take the world and eat it until I'm full.

Scotty88
2010-02-28, 10:33 PM
Jego accepts the toast, chuckles then says "that sounds like a good plan and meal for that matter." It's good to be around a elf like you. Carefree."

Torco
2010-02-28, 11:00 PM
- Hey, for elven standards I shouldn't even be drinking right now... I'll have plenty time to be old and worry... Cheers!

Scotty88
2010-02-28, 11:08 PM
"I completely agree CHEERS!!!" he then take a huge gulp from his mug.

Watcher
2010-02-28, 11:35 PM
Greg silently watches as they have a casual conversation and drink at his table. He's completely forgotten he was annoyed by them before.

Perducci
2010-03-01, 12:49 AM
[OOC-I'm a wee bit uncomfortable with how much Greg "knows" about the church. I feel like we're swinging way to widely with the assumptions.]

Freya rolls her eyes at the inappropriate joking, but brushes it off. Then I believe it would do you some good to widen your perspectives...your little nook of the Church isn't all that goes on. What hand have you in deciding how everyone of Faith should act. Since we are throwing around such baseless accusations, I believe perhaps I was wrong in deciding you weren't of interest...for instance I don't feel it's right for a man of Faith to be wandering around such places as this.

Her tone is becoming increasingly annoyed. I hope you aren't as foolish as you appear. Does there not exist a group of armed men ready to visit violence on those who threaten the Church? Or are they somehow to be unaffiliated with our religion because of it? My word, do not be so blind in your beliefs, Brother. Does not a parent scold or threaten a child to keep them for erring? Does not a parent spank a child for misbehaving? It is common sense. It is no different within the Church.

Freya becomes brow furrows in frustration. Is the Church really filled with such dense-headed lackeys?

Torco
2010-03-01, 01:07 AM
OOC- @OdinsWatcher: I like the new one better.

-----------

Ervaanien finds his cheerfull laughing and talking with Jego abruptly cut by Freya's torrent of grimness... he really should learn the spell 'protection from killbuzz' some of these days. He will not have the mood be soiled in such a vengeful manner, and activates his 'smite killjoy' skill.

- Speaking of such... I might let you spank me, if you play your cards right, blondie.

OOC- if too much 'arrogant funnyboy elf' is bothering you ouside the realm of character annoyance, lemme know... I'm just being funny till the DM arrives and the plot moves forward.

Scotty88
2010-03-01, 01:43 AM
Jego slow lets down his mug from his mouth after hear Freya words and says." aww come on its just a little harmless fun and laughter. everyone needs that in there life here and there." then he proceeds to drink some more

Watcher
2010-03-01, 08:16 AM
OOC Torco: Thanks
OOC Perducci: Greg was talking about interrogation techniques through other Church members, so he was mostly wondering if she was from another kind of church, and why he'd never heard of one that uses its Church members like that. Anyway, Greg is dropping it and has decided she is a member of the church, but got hurt on the travel here, so she is either unreasonably cranky, or has taken too many blows to the head. Or maybe confused, I dunno. He attributes it to travel, though. He's too afraid to ask if she's okay.
---

Greg studies Freya's anger for a second, then nods. He turns to the two drinking elves and their comments to each other. He can't help but laugh at them.

Fitz
2010-03-01, 08:20 AM
ooc: the church is as near to monotheistic in this part of the world as to make little odds so pretty big, offshore and in the mountains other religions are present, including the elves (form of ancestor worship)

IC
the 4 of you are pretty much the only patrons here who stay for more than a quick drink, until mid afternoon.

spot check DC 12 to see
a robed female figure appears to be serching the streets out side for someone

odinswatcher if succeds spot roll a certain church individual you do not want to meet ;-)

Fitz

Fitz
2010-03-01, 08:22 AM
Listen checks afterwards
DC 15 you overhear the innkeeper talking to the stableboy about some men out back looking for some elves

Fitz

Torco
2010-03-01, 10:20 AM
listen [roll0]

spot [roll1]

OOC- I guess Ervaanien noticed absolutely nothing.

the elf continues to laugh and drink, as Jego so adequately put it, carefree.

Watcher
2010-03-01, 04:01 PM
OOC: Forgot listen...

Spot: [roll0]
Listen: [roll1]

Greg looks outside the window every few seconds and spots her.
Greg gasps and ducks to the side of the window, where it would be hard to see him from the street.

Watcher
2010-03-01, 04:04 PM
Sorry for double post, but I need to roll my Hide. :smallsmile:

Hide: [roll0]

Scotty88
2010-03-01, 06:14 PM
Spot:[roll0]

Jego continues to laugh and drink with Ervaanien as he notices nothing

Torco
2010-03-01, 09:45 PM
- Who are you hiding from, brother? maybe I can help.

OOC-- hell, those are some sweet rolls, Odin

Watcher
2010-03-01, 09:59 PM
OOC: Praise the Dice Gods! Oh, and I hope I spelled the Sister's name right.
Edit: OOC: Torco, why did you roll d4's for your spot and listen checks?

Greg looks to Ervaanien. "It's Sister Ramira! She's the one who... Well, I don't want to see her right now. Especially not here. I just hope she doesn't overhear that innkeeper talking about someone looking for elves. She might come in."

Greg decides to omit the fact that he's hiding particularly from her.

Torco
2010-03-01, 10:10 PM
OCC-... oh my gods what a mindfart XD.

- Someone looking for some elfs? hell, it looks like we can do each other a favour, then. I'll go distract Ramira, and you go find out what the elf-seeker guy wants. You in ?

Scotty88
2010-03-01, 10:29 PM
In a tipsy like manner. "well if you really don't want to be seen by her I'm inclined to help out any way i can."

Watcher
2010-03-02, 07:37 AM
"Hmm...this is interesting. I accept." Greg gets up, taking care to not be in view of the window, and looks for a more direct route to the stables without being exposed to the outdoors.

OOC: I just noticed all of our text colors are cold colors. :smallsmile:

Fitz
2010-03-02, 07:58 AM
@ odins watcher: you could bluff your way through the kitchens or its looking like going through a window.

the female cleric doesn't appear to be comming into the Inn yet, but is making a through search. the common workers outside are ingoring her as much as they can ...so far.

Fitz

Watcher
2010-03-02, 08:36 AM
Greg looks at his options. "Looks like I'm just going to go out this window to the other street. I don't want to have to deal with people complaining if I lied to them in public."
Greg opens the window and exits that way, and goes around to the stables as quick as he can.

Torco
2010-03-02, 02:33 PM
Ervaanien gets up and throws a silver piece towards the random guy with whom he made a bet earlier.

- congratulations, buddy.

He then combs his hair with his fingers and said.

- Meet you guys out back.

He walks out to meet this sister Ramira. He starts talking to her completely out of the blue, with as straight a face as he can, and using as romantic a tone as he can conjure.

- Your image is like a pure rose in the snowy desert of beauty that is this sorry part of town. I have been enthralled by your person but only recently found the courage to walk up to you, Ramira. Praise tell, what must one like myself do to earn the right to look upon such eyes as yours ?

Bluff Roll [roll0]

Scotty88
2010-03-02, 02:55 PM
Jego gets up and follows Greg out the window saying, "hey hold on let me go ahead of you while you make your way to the stables to make sure the coast is clear."

Fitz
2010-03-02, 03:30 PM
those exiting via the window, the street is pretty empty towards the stables,
spot check dc 18 2 men in watch uniforms are in the stable shadows

Ervaanien the preist looks baffled and taken aback, after a moment she asks have you seen a young preist shirking his duties?

Watcher
2010-03-02, 03:59 PM

Greg doesn't see the men, but he stops Jego at the window. Greg has common sense. "Wait, we don't know if they're looking for you or someone else. Just in case it's you, we should probably not let you too close to them, if they have bad intent." Greg says this quietly, despite the loudish streets. Anyone would suspect him if they heard what he said.

OOC: Torco, I think you've changed your text color. It used to be teal, and now it's sea green.

Torco
2010-03-02, 04:54 PM
OOC- I'm not great with colors, so yeah...

- So pristinely diligent, and such a clear and elegant voice. Be still, my racing heart. For you, my love, I'll try my best to remember.

He takes his time, trying to buy precious moments for Greg and Jego. Then he answers, changing his tone of voice dramatically.

- Okay, I guess you didn't buy it, screw it. Greg's a buddy of mine, he was here about an hour ago, we were having a good time, talking and singing, then he said he should be doing something and left for the temple. You just missed him, he left around 15 minutes ago. He asked me not to tell you anything, but I'm a lousy liar, as you can appreciate. Please don't tell him I ratted him out. Now how's about I take you out for a drink

Bluff Roll- [roll0]

Perducci
2010-03-02, 09:28 PM
OOC-Sorry for the delay. Issues with going to the MEPS.

[roll0]
[roll1]

Freya seems to share Greg's sense of panic and decides to duck out with him. She sticks very close. What's going on here?

As she follows, her eyes are glued upon him. She's focusing so intently that she seems not to notice the surroundings.

Watcher
2010-03-02, 11:01 PM
"It's Sister Ramira. She's..." Greg decides it's probably frowned upon by the Church to finish that sentence. "Well, anyway, she's annoying. She is the most annoying Sister I've ever met. Nobody comes close. I don't know if your disciplined church takes everyone, but our Church does. She probably thinks I'm slacking. It doesn't happen often, but she might even "reveal" some crazy story about you slacking, when you are obviously doing your job. I hope she doesn't find us... She's crazy sometimes."

Greg is perfectly sincere and willing to work with Freya. Perhaps Greg has some similarities with Ramira in suspicions, but he questions things that honestly don't make sense to him instead of questioning the truth of everything he hears.

Scotty88
2010-03-03, 12:25 AM
Jego took a little time to think about Greg's words and says "That do make a little more sense. I will remain in here to stall her if Ervaanien fails to stall her." then he goes back to his table and watches the door

Fitz
2010-03-03, 08:21 AM
Torco [roll0]
she seems relieved that you have admitted to trying to distract her and a little less flustered asked which way Greg went, though she does seem to be looking intently at the inn behind you

those creaping through the window [roll1]
looks like the humans in watch uniforms havn't spotted you yet

fitz

Torco
2010-03-03, 11:45 AM
Bluff [roll0]

- He went that way.

Watcher
2010-03-03, 05:00 PM
New round, new rolls?

Greg looks at the stables.
"Okay, it looks like we can get in that front door if there's no lock on it, but it's probably best we stay outside and listen in if we can. We probably don't want to attract attention of two of the Church eavesdropping." Greg keeps quiet so Ramira doesn't hear his voice, however far away she is. The normal-looking Brother to Sister conversation has at least now been pulled away from the window, but probably not too much further.

OOC: I hope the Watch think they just didn't notice us enter the street from some other street.

Fitz
2010-03-04, 08:17 AM
@torco
[roll0]
she seems convinced and follows your direction heading off down the street you indicate

fitz

Fitz
2010-03-04, 08:21 AM
@ odinswatcher etal
[roll0]
spot dc10
the guards (whose uniform you havn't identified yet lounge waiting in the stables waiting alert

Fitz

Torco
2010-03-04, 01:00 PM
Ervaanien watches her go off into the city, then returns to the inn.

- Hey, Jego, my man !! shouldn't you be with the others? Ramira's gone, we should go check out what's going on there. [whispering] Oh, and in case things get rough, let's stick together, aye?

Perducci
2010-03-04, 08:54 PM
Freya gives a very soft chuckle. So it could be said that this Sister Ramira and I are somewhat kindred spirits?

Her step has a bit of a spring to it. You are a very interesting person, Brother. For the time being, where you lead, I will follow.

Watcher
2010-03-04, 10:06 PM
"I hope that doesn't result in civil unrest and riots. Bad things happen when I lead." Greg says this half kidding, half seriously. He looks over to the stables one last time...
...and sees the men in uniforms.
"Oh, wow. Don't look now, but there are some people in uniform inside the stables. I don't think they've seen us yet, so we might be able to listen in in a way that doesn't make them suspicious. Do you have any ideas?"

Scotty88
2010-03-04, 11:53 PM
Jego looks at Ervaanien and says " yeah I was but he felt it better if he and the blonde go. He said something about they may be looking for me or something. So I just agreed and sit back here." "I agree lets stick together." then he gives Ervaanien a goofy smile

Perducci
2010-03-05, 02:56 PM
Freya tilts her head to the side and gives a shrill little laugh. Oh my, isn't this fun? What on earth are you concerned about? People in uniforms walk around everywhere. Is there a specific reason we should be worried about them?

Watcher
2010-03-05, 04:00 PM
"Well... you know how they said they were looking for some elves or something, and the church members are sent to eavesdrop on them? Or...ask them about it. I dunno. It's just...uniforms mean they're part of an organization-- could be any organization-- and we could get in trouble, maybe... I guess...I guess it's mostly that I'm overly suspicious of things that make sense but could be different and I don't want to be rude anymore but I accidentally was and sorry about that again--did I say sorry before? If I didn't, sorry now...but I guess this is kinda important because those elves were nice and trusted us I don't want to let them down or even..." Greg then dissolves into incomprehensible speech, getting more nervous the more he says, and saying more stuff when he gets more nervous. He stays quiet all the while, but it seems to break character from his reserved personality.

Torco
2010-03-06, 01:54 AM
Ervaanien nonchalantly walks up to where Greg and Freya are.

- She's gone, though she looks persistent. So, what did you guys find out ?

Watcher
2010-03-06, 02:06 AM
The babbling Greg doesn't notice that Ervaanien spoke.

Torco
2010-03-06, 06:27 AM
- what happened to him, Freya?

Perducci
2010-03-06, 11:07 AM
Freya shrugs her shoulders. He isn't making much sense as you can see. He did say something about the Church looking for elves and getting in trouble with the people in the stable. Who are part of some organization or something.

She grabs Greg by the shoulders and shakes him roughly. Snap out of it!

Scotty88
2010-03-06, 02:09 PM
Jego just stands behind Ervaanien silent and to his own thoughts before saying. "did he ever say why the church is looking for elves?"

Torco
2010-03-06, 05:26 PM
- Screw this, I'm bored.

Ervaanien steps forward to the uniformed guys.

- Hi, there, nice day, don't you think?

Watcher
2010-03-06, 06:57 PM
"...and if we make the--Aaaah!" Greg snaps out of it when he gets shaken by Freya. He only regains awareness of his surroundings when he thinks for a second. He spins around and sees Ervaanien stroll over to the people and bites his lip until it bleeds. He then works to stop the bleeding.

Fitz
2010-03-07, 08:14 AM
the 2 people in guards uniforms (the town watch rather than the temple guard now you can see clearly) seem a little taken aback.

one of them states "we were told to find the 2 elven warriors who signed up to do a sweep of the sewer levels, since the guard are short staffed, guess you aren't the elves we are looking for?
mind you guess the've skipped town, if you want to job its yours. "

Fitz

Watcher
2010-03-07, 10:02 AM
Greg sighs in relief in the knowledge that they weren't looking for a couple of elven murderers who massacred a nearby city. That they weren't looking for them at all. His suspicions make him look bad, but Greg doesn't really care.

Perducci
2010-03-07, 11:32 AM
Freya raises her eyebrows and approaches the guards with the rude elf. Upon hearing about the job she literally jumps into the air with excitement. By Silver! What a fortuitous event!

A job, you say? Well if you need the help, I'd gladly help. After all, one of our duties is to serve the needs of the city, isn't that right, Brother? She turns back to Greg and tries to get his feathers ruffled with a coy smile.

Watcher
2010-03-07, 11:49 AM
"W-well, I-I-I-I I don't know about that, I mean, I-I'm just a brother. I don't know how to do st-stuff like that..." Greg stammers from the awkward position he's in as well as the attention being fully shifted to him.

Torco
2010-03-07, 01:01 PM
- Come on, it'll do you good, man - Ervaanien pats greg in the back- As for me... how much's for the job?

Scotty88
2010-03-07, 02:57 PM
Jego smiles a huge grin after hear about the job request since he is pressed for gold then he says "aww man this is great timing. I won't mind treading through a little sludge for some gold." letting out a little chuckle

Watcher
2010-03-07, 10:09 PM
Greg has an internal monologue. It is clear he wants to go, but something keeps him from revealing it. Explicitly, anyway.

OOC: Well, if you know what that kind of thing looks like. Otherwise, he just looks like he's rapidly changing personalities.

Torco
2010-03-09, 06:06 PM
- Can't you just bless him or something, Freya?

Watcher
2010-03-10, 01:06 AM
"Bless? What the-- what do you mean?!" Greg doesn't seem to like this idea.

Fitz
2010-03-10, 08:36 AM
The guards look relived that you want to do the job (obviously they could have got in trouble if it didn't get done)

"10gp each for a couple of days work, there is a sector in the north east you can go through, we'll throw in the church tithe for the preists since you are helping us out. you'll need laterns and rope though

Fitz

Torco
2010-03-10, 04:20 PM
- Sounds good... who else is going?

Watcher
2010-03-10, 04:24 PM
Greg can't resist any more.
"I guess...I guess I'll go. I think. Right?"
He says it as if he's sure he picked the wrong answer.

Scotty88
2010-03-10, 04:27 PM
Jego begins to wave his hand in the air "I need all the gold I can get at the moment so count me in."

Perducci
2010-03-10, 06:42 PM
Smiling, Freya realizes that this will help her out in more ways than filling up a coin purse.

I'd be delighted to assist as well.

Watcher
2010-03-10, 08:23 PM
Greg seems very relieved that Freya is going as well. His tone is noticeably calmer, but still rather shaky. "I guess we're all going, then?"

Torco
2010-03-10, 11:06 PM
- Way to point out the obvious, my keen friend. Is there something that's bothering you ?

Watcher
2010-03-11, 12:02 AM
"Ummm...no, no problem. All good."
Bluff: [roll0]

Torco
2010-03-11, 01:03 AM
[roll0]

EDIT: yay for sense motive!

- Yeah, right... you sound pretty rattled, Greg. Don't worry, we're all friends here, what is it?

Torco
2010-03-11, 01:05 AM
Diplomacy [roll0]

Damn on-board roller

Watcher
2010-03-11, 08:11 AM
OOC: Diplomacy doesn't have to work on PCs. It's a PC vs. NPC thing. And I can set my Diplomacy DC to however damn high I want! :smalltongue: Also, I rolled a natural 20 on my bluff. I don't know if that will affect the Sense Motive, because you rolled a 19, with modifiers

"Whatever. Let's just go..." Greg isn't moved by anything Ervaanien has said, and isn't about to tell what's up.

Torco
2010-03-11, 01:52 PM
OOC- I know, I was just rolling dice. :D

- let's.

Scotty88
2010-03-12, 03:37 PM
Jego turns to the guard and asks "So when can we start and if it's now where is the sewer entrance at?"

Watcher
2010-03-13, 02:06 PM
"Well, I know there's a sewer access that direction," Greg says, "But I don't know if we want to use a different one. It might not even link up to the same sewer."

OOC: He lives here, so I think it's reasonable to assume he knows where at least one sewer entrance is, but DM's call as to where he wants us to go.

Fitz
2010-03-14, 11:19 AM
I'm going to assume the guards can give directions Greg will have no problems following, so you can go straight to the sewer entrance unless you have any shopping first?

Fitz

Watcher
2010-03-14, 11:50 AM
OOC: Yes, of course. Greg probably leads the group silently, not speaking unless spoken to.

When they reach the entrance, Greg says, "Well, here we are. I guess I'll go first so we don't have an argument over it." Greg checks the entrance for locks, and if there are none, he will immediately open the entrance and go in.

Torco
2010-03-14, 11:38 PM
- Okay, let's go... This is gonna be interesting.

Ervaanien walks in the middle of the group, eyes wide open, and in silence.

- We probably shouldn't talk, we don't want any surprises.

Scotty88
2010-03-15, 12:44 AM
Jego hand motions Freya to go before him as he brings up the rear

Fitz
2010-03-15, 08:30 AM
ok the sewer entrance is "man-hole" type, bolted from the street (so you can simply unbolt it) leading to a verticle shaft with slippery rungs leading down at least 10 feet (shadowy illumination )
low-light vision opens into a darkend corriodr running north-south
climb DC 5 checks to climb down due to slippery rungs. also you will pretty obviously need some kind of light when down there

Fitz

Torco
2010-03-15, 11:25 AM
[roll0] Climb

CRAP!

Ervaanien falls down the ladder :smallannoyed::smallannoyed::smallannoyed:

Scotty88
2010-03-15, 02:15 PM
[roll0] climb

"oh damn Ervaanien you OK!!!!! as Jego hastily climbs down the ladder

OCC:
Hey Torco why you roll a d10???

Watcher
2010-03-15, 08:44 PM
"Ohh geez..."
Greg was beaten down the ladder, but goes down next.
Climb: [roll0]
Greg quickly reaches to the bottom to check if he's okay. He pulls a torch out of nowhere and lights it so they can see their surroundings.

Torco
2010-03-15, 09:06 PM
did I roll a d10? damn... brainfart, I guess.

[did Ervaanien hurt himself? noone knows XD]

Watcher
2010-03-15, 09:17 PM
OOC: You take 1d6 lethal damage, unless you make a successful Jump OR Tumble check, where it is 1d6 nonlethal damage. Or is that when it was on purpose? Oh whatever. Just take 1d6 damage.

Torco
2010-03-16, 12:06 AM
[roll0]

[roll1] for jump

damnit... 50% chance of 0 hp...

yup... 0 hp... naptime for Ervaanien

Fitz
2010-03-16, 07:57 AM
those concoius find themselves in a dank corridor with grimy water streaming to the south, running north-south,
Ervaanien's slumped body is on the ground with a heavy bruise on his left temple, the filthy water satining his clothes, both ways the corridor runs to the 20ft illumination of the torch.

Perducci
2010-03-16, 05:59 PM
[roll0]

Freya follows and makes her way toward the hole. She briefly turns her nose up in disgust, but then makes her way inside.

Once down, she makes her way over toward the fallen. She places her hands upon his chest and begins to chant very sofly.(Activating her fast healing ability.) Mentally, she is visualizing the strength of a great dragon infusing her and those around with its own mighty vigor.

Once her companion is healed she will stand and shrug toward the group.
Which way are we to be going?

Watcher
2010-03-19, 07:03 PM
"You can cast magic? Cool. Uh...directions? We could try...North. It looks like it will be cleaner that way, but the sludge is probably to the south, where everything is flowing to." Greg turns around to each direction as he considers it. He then illuminates Ervaanien again, to be sure he's alive and okay.

Torco
2010-03-20, 02:31 AM
The elf stands up, feeling a bit hurt but overall better

[I assume... how many HP did I get?]

- Thanks, Freya, I needed that. - he says, for once without a trace of sarcasm in his voice.

He draws his crossbow and loads a bolt into it, just to be sure.

- South's fine by me

Perducci
2010-03-20, 12:42 PM
Freya shrugs again. I have the ability to protect others, yes.

(OOC-I honestly don't know if you gain any. it can only heal you up to half HP and I wasn't sure what your HP total is...)

Scotty88
2010-03-20, 07:45 PM
Jego draws his sword and says "Well I go where you guys go as long as we get the job done."

Torco
2010-03-20, 07:53 PM
OOC- 3 xD

- from our own clumsiness, at the very least

Fitz
2010-03-21, 02:49 AM
ooc the dragon shaman healing aura grants fast healing X until those effected get to half hit points (round up) X is the shamans bonus based on level, so 1st round it is activated you get 1hp back, second round you get another and thats it until you get wounded again)

IC
you all see the tunnel to the north curving round slightly to the east as you look more closely, the southern tunnel curves to the west a little

DC 14 listen check
there is a faint splashing and chittering sound to the north

Fitz

Watcher
2010-03-21, 10:59 AM
Listen: [roll0]
Greg, who was facing south, whirls around to look to the north tunnel. He says nothing, but stares intently at the tunnel, searching and listening for anything amiss. He points the torch in that direction.

Perducci
2010-03-21, 03:17 PM
Freya notices Greg peering intently into the darkness.
She attempts to figure out what he has noticed.

[roll0]

She hears the noises coming from down the shaft. She whispers to the others. There is something that way...careful.

Scotty88
2010-03-21, 05:51 PM
Listen: [roll0]

OOC:
WOW that was crappy lol

Jego stands there oblivious to the oncoming noises

Watcher
2010-03-23, 12:21 AM
Greg reaches inside his robe silently.
Sleight of Hand: [roll0]

OOC: I'm doing nothing until combat, if there is any. If there is...

Initiative: [roll1]

Fitz
2010-03-24, 08:39 AM
those of you able to hear the chittering gets more insistant and seems to be getting closer.

Spot dc 24
the legs of a creature about the size of a halfling are barely visible at the edges of the light, dc 14 survival looks like a form of arachnid

Fitz

Watcher
2010-05-10, 03:36 PM
Greg doesn't see anything, but slowly steps forward toward the sound, torch in his left hand, and right hand in his robes.
Repost Three.

Edit: This appears to be dead. If someone revives it, please PM me. :smallfrown: