PDA

View Full Version : (3.5) Crazy Cat (ToB) (Creature) [PEACH]

DracoDei
2010-02-23, 12:44 PM
Subra
Medium Magical Beast (Chaos, Augmented Fey)
HD 4d10-4 (18 hp)
Speed 50 ft. (10 squares), Climb 20 ft.
Init: +4 Dex
AC 18; touch 14; flat-footed 14
(+4 Dex, +4 Natural)
BAB +4(not that it matters for much); Grp +6
Attack Bite melee 75% chance to hit -10% for every 5 points the targets AC exceeds 15 by
(roll 1d2 twice, if both 1's then damage is 3, otherwise it is 10, no critical)
Full-Attack Bite melee 75% chance to hit -10% for every 5 points the targets AC exceeds 15 by
(roll 1d2 twice, if both 1's then damage is 3, otherwise it is 10, no critical)*, 2 claws melee 75% chance to hit -10% for every 5 points the targets AC exceeds 15 by
(roll 1d2 twice, if both 1's then damage is 2, otherwise it is 7, no critical)*
Space 5 ft.; Reach 5 ft.
Special Attacks Improved Grab, Pounce, Rake, Sublime Madness
Special Qualities
Saves Fort +3 Ref +8 Will +2
Abilities Str 14, Dex 19, Con 9, Int 2, Wis 12, Cha 6
Skills Balance +12, Climb +11, Hide -2, Jump +11, Listen +6, Move Silently +10, Spot +6 (probably missing 1 or 2 skill points)
Feats Alertness, Stealthy
Environment Temperate, Forest or Plains
Organization Solitary
Challenge Rating 3 (4?)
Treasure None (but pelt very valuable if in tannable condition)
Alignment Always Chaotic Neutral
Advancement 5-6HD(Medium), 7-10HD(Large);
*EDIT 2021: It appears that it was The Demented One's intent that Blade Roulette and Gleaming Blade are NOT supposed to work together like this, but I'm still going to say that for this specific creature they do.

Resembling great cats that have been tie-dyed in eye-catching pastel colors, these creatures are actually swift and deadly predators, using their speed to make up for their lack of camouflage.

Sublime Madness(Ex): A subra has all of the Kaleidoscopic Dream (https://forums.giantitp.com/showthread.php?86163-Kaleidoscopic-Dream-Discipline) 1st level maneuvers, plus Chaos Edge (the 1st level Kaleidoscopic Dream (https://forums.giantitp.com/showthread.php?86163-Kaleidoscopic-Dream-Discipline) Stance). They never become expended, and it MUST use Blade Roulette each round it attacks, and MUST use Blind-Shot on EVERY individual attack. This becomes possible because Gleaming Blade and Blind Shot are free to use once on each attack (the attack or full-attack itself still takes up the same action).

Improved Grab (Ex): To use this ability, a Subra must hit with its bite attack. It can then attempt to start a grapple as a free action without provoking an attack of opportunity. If it wins the grapple check, it establishes a hold and can rake.

Pounce (Ex): If a subra charges a foe, it can make a full attack, including two rake attacks.

Rake (Ex): 75% chance to hit -10% for every 5 points the targets AC exceeds 15 by, (roll 1d2 twice, if both 1's then damage is 2, otherwise it is 5, no critical). ((EDIT 2021: It appears that it was The Demented One's intent that Blade Roulette and Gleaming Blade are NOT supposed to work together like this, but I'm still going to say that for this specific creature they do.))

Skills: The brightly colored coat of a Subra inflicts it with a -8 racial penalty to hide checks. Subra have a +8 racial bonus on Balance, Climb, and Jump checks and a +4 racial bonus on Move Silently checks. A Subra can always choose to take 10 on a Climb check, even if rushed or threatened.

1st level

Blade Roulette
Kaleidoscopic Dream (Boost)
Level: Crusader 1, Soul Disciple 1, Swordsage 1
Initiation Action: Swift action
Range: Personal
Target: You
Duration: 1 round

You use a risky technique with the potential to deal out devastating blows. Whenever you would make a melee damage roll, instead roll 1d2. If you roll a 2, you are treated as having rolled maximum weapon damage. If you roll a 1, you are treated as having rolled minimum weapon damage.

Chaos Edge
Kaleidoscopic Dream (Stance) [Chaos]
Initiation Action: Swift action
Duration: Stance

You infuse your weapon with pure chaos, endowing it with the potential to cause much more grievous harm. While in this stance, the damage dice of any weapon you wield increases by one step, as if its size was one larger. In addition, any weapon you wield is treated as being chaos-aligned for overcoming damage reduction. Chaos edge is a supernatural ability.

Blind Shot
Kaleidoscopic Dream (Strike)
Initiation Action: Standard action
Range: Melee attack
Target: One creature

You attack without form or technique, relying on blind luck to aid you. As part of this maneuver, make a single melee attack roll. Instead of making an attack roll, the attack instead has a 75% chance of hitting. For every 5 points the target’s AC exceeds 15 by, the chance decreases by 10%. You cannot make a critical hit on an attack made as part of this maneuver.

Gleaming Blade
Kaleidoscopic Dream (Counter) [Chaos]
Initiation Action: Immediate action

Your blade shines as you reweave the world around it, drawing on raw chaos to undo an unfortunate strike. Whenever you roll a 1 on a damage dice, whether the dice is your weapon’s base damage dice or additional damage, you may initiate this maneuver. You reroll all damage dice you rolled a 1 on, keeping the second result, even if it is a 1. Gleaming blade is a supernatural ability.

Zom B
2010-02-23, 02:57 PM
Attack Bite melee 75% chance to hit -10% for every 5 points the targets AC exceeds 15 by

Just some math here:

Against AC 15, it has a 75% chance to hit. This equates to needing to roll a 6 or better on a d20. Ergo, +9 to hit.
Against AC 20, it has a 65% chance to hit. This equates to needing to roll an 8 or better. Ergo, +12 to hit.
The chain continues, each time needing two higher on the dice to hit (until AC 55, at which point it has a -5% chance to hit) and another effective +3 to its attack roll.

Not trying to point anything out, just showing how it equates to d20 rolls. It does, however, have the ability to hit any creature with an AC less than 55, which seems a little...different.

DracoDei
2010-02-23, 03:27 PM
Don't blame (or thank) me, I didn't design the Blind Shot strike, I just built the creature.

The more interesting thing is that usually you wouldn't be able to combine Blade Roulette and Gleaming Blade... and they are very effective together (usually the only use I can see to Blade Roulette is for Cleave, and sorta getting past DR).

Bhu
2010-02-24, 07:24 AM
I havet had a chance to thoroughly look it over but i approve :smallbiggrin:

DracoDei
2010-02-24, 01:05 PM
The phrasing to make it so it can use everything on each of its attacks is getting a bit awkward (the previous way I had it phrased technically allowed infinite attacks). Should i say "Treat each attack a subra makes as if it was effected by the following maneuvers: Blind Shot, Blade Roulette, and Gleaming Blade."? That would probably work, but I want to know what people think would be most effective.

Bhu
2010-02-25, 06:04 AM
If that makes it more understandable go for it.

DracoDei
2010-02-25, 06:07 AM
Well, I am asking if it WOULD make it more understancable.

Bhu
2010-02-25, 06:34 AM
I'll go with yes

Latronis
2010-02-25, 06:52 AM
Must resist.. typo.. inspired.. homebrew

DracoDei
2010-02-25, 07:25 AM
Must resist.. typo.. inspired.. homebrew

Now why would you do a thing like that?