PDA

View Full Version : Warforged Incarnate/Soulborn/totemist

Beelzebub1111
2010-02-23, 01:06 PM
Should this be possible? I mean, by RAW, yes it is. But Since they don't appear in the afterlife, ergo no souls, can they really use soulmelds?

Keld Denar
2010-02-23, 01:11 PM
Just because you don't have a soul yourself doesn't mean you can't tap into the potential of other souls.

Sinfire Titan
2010-02-23, 01:12 PM
1: Soulborn is an NPC class.

2: Warforged can be meldshapers just as readily as any other race due to having a Con score.

3: Warforged Totemist or Incarnate is an optimal combination. Natural Weaponry, Con bonus, a built-in AC bonus, racial support, and the ability to abuse Polymorph effects. Nothing wrong at all.

4: Fluff-wise, Warforged are never stated to either have or lack a soul. The fact that they can be raised only adds to the problem. However, fluff should never prevent a build from being played (actually playability and/or level of optimization is the determining factor).

If anything, the idea of a soulless, yet sentient, being like a Warforged using Incarnum is awesome fluff.

Kobold-Bard
2010-02-23, 01:12 PM
Just because you don't have a soul yourself doesn't mean you can't tap into the potential of other souls.

But isn't Essentia the energy of your own soul? So they could shape Soulmelds but you couldn't enhance them.

Optimystik
2010-02-23, 01:19 PM
It is unclear whether Warforged have souls. They can be raised, so I'd say yes they do, or some approximation thereof.

Where the soul energy comes from is irrelevant - they have it, they can use Incarnum, end of story.

Sinfire Titan
2010-02-23, 01:25 PM
But isn't Essentia the energy of your own soul? So they could shape Soulmelds but you couldn't enhance them.

No, it is not. The only thing that relates to your own character is your chakra Binds. Essentia is free-floating soulstuff of people who have been, will be, and currently are alive. Soulmelds are concentrated Essentia.

Gametime
2010-02-23, 01:26 PM
Since Incarnum is using the soul energy of everything that has souls, your own lack or possession of a soul makes not the slightest difference.

As someone said above, the idea of a soulless abomination powered by the energy of a thousand anguished souls is also really freakin' cool.

Kobold-Bard
2010-02-23, 01:29 PM
No, it is not. The only thing that relates to your own character is your chakra Binds. Essentia is free-floating soulstuff of people who have been, will be, and currently are alive. Soulmelds are concentrated Essentia.

I stand sit corrected.

Beelzebub1111
2010-02-23, 01:33 PM
It is unclear whether Warforged have souls. They can be raised, so I'd say yes they do, or some approximation thereof.

Where the soul energy comes from is irrelevant - they have it, they can use Incarnum, end of story.
Interesting...I will have to give this some thought...

As someone said above, the idea of a soulless abomination powered by the energy of a thousand anguished souls is also really freakin' cool.
You mean a Death Giant?

Optimystik
2010-02-23, 01:45 PM
I wouldn't call them "anguished." Incarnum is just there. You don't inflict anguish on water by running it through a dam.

Necrocarnum is another story, though.

Starbuck_II
2010-02-23, 01:49 PM
Every Incarnum user I make is powered by dead babies.

Sinfire Titan
2010-02-23, 02:13 PM
Every Incarnum user I make is powered by dead babies.

Use puppies. More Moe, less poop.

Optimystik
2010-02-23, 05:49 PM
Use puppies. More Moe, less poop.

Less poop? Have you ever owned a puppy? :smalltongue:

9mm
2010-02-23, 06:08 PM

*snerk*

ten characters

Sinfire Titan
2010-02-23, 06:11 PM

Have you ever had a baby?

Kobold-Bard
2010-02-23, 06:13 PM
Have you ever had a baby?

Not a whole one, had to throw the leftovers away.

Sorry :smallredface:

Sinfire Titan
2010-02-23, 06:18 PM
Not a whole one, had to throw the leftovers away.

Sorry :smallredface:

[Jurassic Park]Clever girl...[/Jurassic Park]

Wimp. I make sure to savor the ribs at the very least, but I never let one go to waste like that.