PDA

View Full Version : [Exalted] A Drill is a Man's Romance!

The Demented One
2010-02-23, 04:38 PM
Diamagnetic Supercollider Drill
Cost: 2m [1m]
Mins: Strength 4, Essence 2
Type: Supplemental
Keywords: Combo-OK, Obvious
Duration: Instant
Prerequisite Charms: Any Strength Augmentation

A massive orichalcum drill is installed in one of the Alchemical’s limbs, housed in a revolving shaft of magnetized steel, reinforced with bands of adamant. When activated, the augmented limb collapses and retracts as the drill bursts outward, driven by the centrifugal force of the supercollider. This Charm can enhance any unarmed attack made with the chosen limb, causing it to deal lethal damage and to gain the Piercing tag.

Submodules

Combined Arsenal Systems (2xp): This Charm may be used to enhance attacks made with any weapon or ammunition created by Alchemical Charms. When activated, the weapon transforms into a drill-based combat mode, integrating the Diamagnetic Supercollider Drill into its own structure in whatever way the Alchemical sees fit.

Integrated Drill Deployment (2xp): Multiple hatches installed across the Alchemical’s body can be retracted to extrude a massive array of drills. This Charm is no longer limited to only enhancing attacks made with the limb it is installed in.

Maximum Penetration Overcharger (4xp): Adamant saw-teeth line the grooves of the drill, grinding down anything that the orichalcum drill cannot pierce itself. For a surcharge of one mote, attacks enhanced by this Charm ignore Hardness.

Oscillating Excavation Press: When used to enhance an attack against an inanimate object, this Charm doubles the raw damage of the attack for a surcharge of one mote.

Relativistic Cyclotron Accelerator (Essence 4, 4xp): For a surcharge of one additional motes, attacks enhanced by this Charm ignore all soak from non-magical armor and any artifact armor with a rating less than the Alchemical's Essence. Armors created by Charms, spells, and other magical powers whose creator has a lower Essence rating may also be ignored.

Rotary Lance Cascade: A chamber filled with pressurized moonsilver allows the drill to expand to many times its original length. For a surcharge of one mote, hand-to-hand attacks enhanced by this Charm may be used to attack enemies up to (Strength x 3) yards away, and gain the Reach tag.

Trans-Motonic Essence Drill
Cost: – (+1m) [1m]
Mins: Strength 5, Essence 4
Type: Permanent
Keywords: Obvious, Shaping
Duration: Permanent
Prerequisite Charms: Diamagnetic Supercollider Drill

A battery of essence capacitors are mounted on the adamant rings of the Alchemical's Diamagnetic Supercollider Drill, discharging an ionized motonic plasma that reverses the polarity of essence flows, allowing the drill to pierce through magics. This Charm upgrades Diamagnetic Supercollider Drill. Whenever the Alchemical activates it, they may pay a surcharge of one mote to trigger total capacitor discharge, causing their drill to radiate unstable essence. If the attack deals any levels of damage to its target, any non-Permanent Charms, spells, or other magical powers that enhance the target's soak or Hardness are negated as a shaping effect, so long as the Essence rating of their creator is lower than the Alchemical's own.

Submodules

Charm Override Pulse (Essence 5): If a character whose Charms have been negated by the Trans-Motonic Essence Drill attempts to activate a canceled Charm later in the same scene, he must pay a surcharge of (Essence) motes, as a shaping effect.

The Tygre
2010-02-23, 05:27 PM
Demented One! No! I-I killed you! They said you were dead! I put the anti-spiral into your DNA myself! But that means... NOOOOOOO!

Seriously, great charms. I finished watching Gurren Lagann a few weeks ago, and it's awesome to see these.

The Demented One
2010-02-23, 05:44 PM
I'm also contemplating something that will flare your anima into a holographic screen displaying your personal accomplishments, as a way to win over loyal mortals and frighten your enemies. Needs a catchy name. Who-The-Hell-Do-You-Think-I-Am Super Reactor is a bit too much of a mouthful.

horngeek
2010-02-23, 05:47 PM
Yes. YES.

I am SO working this into my application for the Alchemicals game you're running.

Mattarias, King.
2010-02-23, 05:51 PM
:smallbiggrin: Through my limited knowledge of Exalted, I must say, this has made it more awesome. No doubt a great feat.

SurlySeraph
2010-02-23, 06:39 PM
I'm also contemplating something that will flare your anima into a holographic screen displaying your personal accomplishments, as a way to win over loyal mortals and frighten your enemies. Needs a catchy name. Who-The-Hell-Do-You-Think-I-Am Super Reactor is a bit too much of a mouthful.

Outstanding Glory Banner? Radiant Honor Manifest?

DracoDei
2010-02-23, 07:33 PM
:smallbiggrin: Through my limited knowledge of Exalted, I must say, this has made it more awesome. No doubt a great feat.
The most basic thing you need to understand about Exalted: If it ISN'T made of awesome, it has absolutely no business existing anywhere in the game mechanics. (not that I know that much about Exalted).

The Tygre
2010-02-24, 12:42 AM
Which is why no one's allowed to talk about the akuma. What is an akuma? I do not even know.

Krimm_Blackleaf
2010-02-24, 12:56 AM
Which is why no one's allowed to talk about the akuma. What is an akuma? I do not even know.

The what? Stop with your nonsense words.

Admiral Squish
2010-02-24, 01:00 AM
I have totally been thinking about how to make a gurren lagann-based PRC/Class for weeks now. And now you USE MY LINE! RAGE!

Krimm_Blackleaf
2010-02-24, 01:21 AM
I have totally been thinking about how to make a gurren lagann-based PRC/Class for weeks now. And now you USE MY LINE! RAGE!

He already reused mine (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=105858).

Admiral Squish
2010-02-24, 01:32 AM
He already reused mine (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=105858).

I might just have to broaden it to hot-blooded heroes in general...

Jarrick
2010-02-24, 11:07 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Emq0Xf6zVDw
:smallbiggrin:

Arti3
2010-02-24, 02:46 PM
I can totally see this working in a normal game, or a more ... risque one.

Lord Iames Osari
2010-02-24, 03:43 PM
I can totally see this working in a normal game, or a more ... risque one.

This is Exalted. Every game is risque.