PDA

View Full Version : How to reduce ACP?

Occasional Sage
2010-02-23, 07:46 PM
Hi Playground,

I'm trying to drop my armor check penalty for a warrior build in heavy armor who needs to use lots of skills that are affected by ACP. Other than special materials (mithril et al) and The Giant (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/member.php?u=14856)'s Armor Focus (http://www.giantitp.com/articles/ruIuiKxNerFBCOi5fK8.html), are there feats or dip-able class features that let me do my thing more easily?

Please site the source of things, though page isn't necessary.

Thanks very much!

Dusk Eclipse
2010-02-23, 07:49 PM
Mithral... and there are some armors with reduced ACF in races of the wild

Occasional Sage
2010-02-23, 07:53 PM
Mithral... and there are some armors with reduced ACF in races of the wild

Races of the Wild is one I don't own; are there heavy armors with low ACP?

Thurbane
2010-02-23, 07:56 PM
Dread Commando PrC - Heroes of Battle. Gets increasing reduction to ACP as it levels.

Boci
2010-02-23, 07:57 PM
The +1 nimbleness enchantment will increase MDB and reduce the ACP. I believe it is from MIC, but it can be found on crystalkeep.

Iku Rex
2010-02-23, 08:14 PM
Heavy Armor Optimization and Greater Heavy Armor Optimization feats from Races of Stone.

(DMGII has the hellforged armor template, which "improves" ACP by one, but from the context I think that's meant to make it worse, not better.)

GenPol
2010-02-23, 08:18 PM
I see the Dread Commando prc has already been listed, but here's a link if you don't have the book.

http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/iw/20050407b&page=6

Occasional Sage
2010-02-23, 08:23 PM
Ooo, I hadn't thought about Dread Commando; they're templated in my head as light-armor types. I might need to readjust my skills and feats a bit. Thanks!

Thurbane
2010-02-23, 08:28 PM
Also, not exactly a reduction to ACP, but if you want to trot around at full speed in heavy armor (and you aren't a dwarf), the Tooth of Savnok (Tome of Magic) lets you do this. IIRC, this also lets you tumble in heavy armor.

Another option may be the Ring of Arming in the MIC. Let's you store your armor and weapons in a null space as a standard action. For instance, you could have adamantine full plate stored in the ring, and be wearing a mithril shirt. When you're in combat, you can pop on the plate; and when your'e swimming, or moving silently, you can pop on the shirt. Not ideal if you're wanting to use skills in battle (tumble etc.).

The Dark Fiddler
2010-02-23, 08:49 PM
(DMGII has the hellforged armor template, which "improves" ACP by one, but from the context I think that's meant to make it worse, not better.)

And with that line of thought is the Feycraft armor template, which actually does make the ACP better.

Iku Rex
2010-02-23, 09:00 PM
And with that line of thought is the Feycraft armor template, which actually does make the ACP better.No it doesn't. (You're thinking of ASF.)

Curmudgeon
2010-02-23, 09:22 PM
Armor Lubricant (Races of Faerūn, page 158) alleviates 1 point of ACP for 1d4 hours.