PDA

View Full Version : Inventive Deep Fryer Recipes in the Playground...

TheCountAlucard
2010-02-23, 07:58 PM
Expect my general health to decline after making this post. :smalltongue:

One unexpected upside to my eviction last month was that the people I'm staying with have a deep fryer, and they've made a point of telling me that I'm entirely welcome to use it. I've never used one before, but after a couple of tries, I've gotten at least passable results from it.

For the past few days, I've been utilizing it for relatively standard fare - popcorn chicken, corn dogs, and the like. Today, however, I felt a little experimental. See, on my last grocery outing, I had grabbed a pack of chili-cheese bratwurst. When I was considering frying up a corn dog, a whim caused me to pop a couple of the brats in there instead. I was pleasantly surprised at how they turned out.

So, Playground, I'm curious; do you have any suggestions for other foods to deep-fry?

icastflare!
2010-02-23, 08:01 PM
I would go with ham if you havent. Any kind of meat would be good, though If you are dangerous you could go with exotic meats like alligator and shark.

BTW: your avatar scares me

TheCountAlucard
2010-02-23, 08:21 PM
I would go with ham if you havent.Haven't done ham yet, sounds pretty good, actually. :smallbiggrin:

BTW: your avatar scares me:amused:

Xyk
2010-02-23, 08:51 PM
I hear fried twinkies are delicious. There's a local restaurant that does that and though I've yet to try it myself, I hear it's great.

A few things I have tried and enjoyed:

-Pickles
-Jalepenos

Both of these things are delicious when deep fried in a batter.

Pocketa
2010-02-23, 08:53 PM
Ice cream
Twinkies
Mountain Dew
Cherries
Candy bars
Oreos
Cake

This is how I keep my figure.

Innis Cabal
2010-02-23, 08:55 PM
Make donut dough. Fill with favorite stew like substance (Thicken well). You now have stuffed savory donuts. Yes, they are that awesome.

Kurien
2010-02-23, 09:21 PM
Scotch (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scotch_egg) Eggs! (http://www.weebls-stuff.com/songs/Scotch+Egg/)

smellie_hippie
2010-02-23, 09:43 PM
Canolli.

/thread

THAC0
2010-02-23, 09:49 PM
Apple fritters.

ThreadKiller
2010-02-23, 11:40 PM
Like someone said, you could fry any meat. If you like bratwurst, you could do hot dogs or sausages as well.

You could also do tempura vegetables. The tempura batter can be found in an Oriental grocery store or possibly in the ethnic food aisle of a grocery store. Otherwise you can find an easy recipe on the internet that uses common ingredients such as flour, eggs, and water.

The Extinguisher
2010-02-24, 12:09 AM
Mashed Potato.

because why not have some fun

Moff Chumley
2010-02-24, 12:15 AM
Deep Fried mountain dew. What does it say about our society that that DIDN'T cause a double take? :smallconfused:

TheCountAlucard
2010-02-24, 12:20 AM
I hear fried twinkies are delicious.I've heard the same; I suppose I'll have to try this...

TwinkiesTwo votes for Twinkees, then...

Mountain Dew?!? :smallconfused:

Candy barsI've heard Snickers bars are pretty good deep-fried...

OreosYou just want me to get fat, don't you? :smalltongue:

Scotch Eggs!(shudders) Gonna have to try this one, now. :smalltongue:

Canolli.Okay, gonna have to try that one, too. :smallbiggrin:

Deathslayer7
2010-02-24, 12:26 AM
i second the ham even sausage if you like that. Chicken as well. Any meat. And I'm not afraid of your avatar. Personally i like Hellsing myself. :smallsmile:

maybe deep fried chimichangas (sp)? :smallconfused:

Pocketa
2010-02-24, 01:06 AM
Mountain Dew can be deepfried by putting MD in the mix, or by using slush/ice in the deep fryer.

Don't forget to pitch in for oil! if you're using someone else's fryer.

Zeb The Troll
2010-02-24, 01:47 AM
I never understood how this deep frying melty things works. How do you put ice cream into 400oF oil and not just end up with a a puddle of sweet milk in your fryer?

Totally Guy
2010-02-24, 01:52 AM
What about a marshmallow? Would that fry up properly?

arguskos
2010-02-24, 02:22 AM
I never understood how this deep frying melty things works. How do you put ice cream into 400oF oil and not just end up with a a puddle of sweet milk in your fryer?
You coat the ice cream in oats first, then rapidly deep fry it. You eat it while still hot. The idea is that the shell is hot and fried, but the ice cream is still cold (since it's not in the frier for longer than a minute or so). It's an interesting duality of flavors, textures, and temperatures.

Coidzor
2010-02-24, 04:12 AM
I believe it's the egg glaze that you use that makes deep fried ice cream and baked alaska's ice cream components become sealed against the heat and not melt. Though I might be conflating the two. I know my dad was explaining something about an egg glaze involved with baked alaska. Might've been an egg white glaze though.

<_< Don't put frozen things in the deep fat fryer. Especially not frozen turkeys.

Totally Guy
2010-02-24, 04:48 AM
I believe it's the egg glaze that you use that makes deep fried ice cream and baked alaska's ice cream components become sealed against the heat and not melt. Though I might be conflating the two. I know my dad was explaining something about an egg glaze involved with baked alaska. Might've been an egg white glaze though.

<_< Don't put frozen things in the deep fat fryer. Especially not frozen turkeys.

I think it's more to do with the density of the outer merangue being very light and the ice cream itself being much denser. The trapped air within the marangue (which is essentially beaten egg whites) might act as insulation. So it might keep the ice cream cold when first put in the oven but then keeps the merangue warm once it gets hot.:smallconfused:

I put plenty of frozen things in the deep fat fryer... potato wedges, white fish in breadcrumbs, processed junk.

TheCountAlucard
2010-02-24, 05:23 PM
The corn dogs were also prepared from frozen... :smallconfused:

Kobold-Bard
2010-02-24, 05:28 PM
Ice cream is amazing deep fried.

I also suggest mars bar (just so you can say you have).

Anuan
2010-02-24, 09:02 PM
Deepfried Mars Bars are...well. They're good. But they're not as good as everyone says.

Deep fried icecream is amazing. Do it.

Prepare then deep-fry instead of shallow-then-baking a chicken kiev. It would be delicious.

Mando Knight
2010-02-24, 09:09 PM
So, Playground, I'm curious; do you have any suggestions for other foods to deep-fry?
...Hold on, there are things you don't deep-fry? :smalltongue:

Roland St. Jude
2010-02-24, 09:23 PM

Two important aspects: coating and freezing. The order of those operations can be experimented with.

My favorite: deep fried cheese.

RabbitHoleLost
2010-02-24, 09:26 PM
Is it bad that when I saw Roland post, my first immediate thought was "How did they go and get that thread locked, silly Playgrounders."

Anyways, I'm a huge fan of deepfriend things that are already bad for me.
Icecream, cheesecake, candy bars.
The South got to me.

Innis Cabal
2010-02-24, 09:26 PM
I clicked on it for the same reason Rabbit.

And really, is there anything deep frying -dosn't- make taste better? I mean, I know I can't think of anything that wouldn't benifit from a drop in boiling fat.

Mando Knight
2010-02-24, 10:30 PM
Is it bad that when I saw Roland post, my first immediate thought was "How did they go and get that thread locked, silly Playgrounders."
The Gunslinger of the Playground Peers isn't a heartless ban-bot, you know. He's actually pretty cool guy, posting witty remarks even when he doesn't need to lock a thread and doesn't afraid of anything.

TheCountAlucard
2010-02-25, 02:43 AM
What about a marshmallow? Would that fry up properly?My guess would be, "Not without some sort of coating." SCIENCE!

potato wedgesMmm-hmm.

white fish in breadcrumbsNot the biggest fan of fish, but still sounds fairly yummy.

processed junk.Always. :smallbiggrin:

Ice cream is amazing deep fried.I've actually had it once before; I rather liked it, but the restaurant also saw fit to load it up with raisins, which I'm less than fond of. :smallyuk:

I also suggest mars bar (just so you can say you have).Hehehe. :smallamused:

Deepfried Mars Bars are...well. They're good. But they're not as good as everyone says.Will have to find out for myself, I suppose...

Deep fried icecream is amazing. Do it.One more vote for fried ice cream. :smalltongue:

Prepare then deep-fry instead of shallow-then-baking a chicken kiev. It would be delicious.That's so crazy it just might work. And be delicious in the process. :smallbiggrin:

...Hold on, there are things you don't deep-fry?Now that I've discussed "inventive" uses of the deep-fryer, one of the guys I'm living with wants to try it on pizza. Gotta wonder how that'd turn out... :smalltongue:

The order of those operations can be experimented with.:smalltongue:

My favorite: deep fried cheese.Mmmmm, one more thing to put on the list, I guess. :smallsmile:

Is it bad that when I saw Roland post, my first immediate thought was "How did they go and get that thread locked, silly Playgrounders."Oh, noes! :smalltongue:

Anyways, I'm a huge fan of deepfried things that are already bad for me.Can't argue with that! :smallbiggrin:

Icecream, cheesecake, candy bars. The South got to me.Delicious + bad for you = MORE delicious. Clearly.

I clicked on it for the same reason Rabbit.:smalleek:

And really, is there anything deep frying -doesn't- make taste better?There must be a few things. :smalltongue:

The Gunslinger of the Playground Peers isn't a heartless ban-bot, you know.He's also apparently a fan of deep-fried cheese...

On that note, Roland, what kind of cheese would you suggest? Pepperjack? Colby? Mozzarella? Extra-sharp cheddar? I have some of each of these things. :smalltongue:

Deth Muncher
2010-02-25, 02:54 AM
Two important aspects: coating and freezing. The order of those operations can be experimented with.

My favorite: deep fried cheese.

See, he says it like this, but I read it as:
Go back to your deep-frying, citizen.

purple gelatinous cube o' Doom
2010-02-25, 02:59 AM
I think a common misconception is that you actually need a fryer to deep fry things (at least that's the vibe I've been getting in the thread). When all you really need is a stock pot (or something similar), your oil of choice, and a candy/fry thermometer. It also seem that many here think you've got to have whatever you're frying breaded or battered, or coated in some way. Now I watch a fair amount of DDD (Diners Drive-ins and Dives), and on the show, I've seen hot dogs, brussel sprouts, and many a food thrown into a fryer as is on the show. So you may want to just season some food, throw it in there and see what happens.

Now, as for something to try, I have an idea. I haven't actually gotten to experiment with this as of yet, but the thought occurred to me while watching something on the Food Network this past weekend. You'd need clams, pancetta or slab bacon, potates, cheese of choice (provided it's not too hard), spices of choice, and oil of choice. First, use whatever liquid you like (water would probably be best, but chicken stock might not be a bad option either), add spices, and steam the clams open. While the clams are steaming, cook the bacon with a little olive oil or butter down a little. Slice the potatoes very thin using a mandolin slicer or something similar.
Once the clams are steamed open, make kind of sandwich with two pieces of clam and some of the bacon. wrap the clams/bacon with a slice of potato (cut to size of course), then wrap again in your choice of cheese. Broil just long enough to melt the cheese and hold everything together. Deglaze the pan you rendered the bacon in, and add the mixture to the braising liquid used to open the clams up along with a pint of heavy cream, and stir to combine. After that's done, incorporate about a cup of flour (give or take depending on how thick you want the batter to be). Dip the clam nugget into the batter then fry them. Think of the whole thing as a fried New England Clam Chowder bite. Again, I have yet to actually do this/tinker with things, so this idea as is may or may not work.

Mercenary Pen
2010-02-25, 03:18 AM
Well, I suppose friendly batter was definitely the place for this...

Just a combination of ideas here...

How about deep-fried cheese AND ham?

Basically, grate cheese, roll in sliced ham, deep fry the lot.

I'll admit I don't do any deep frying, so I'm working solely on theory here, but it'll probably work.

TheCountAlucard
2010-02-25, 05:41 PM
Ham and cheese? Deep-fried? You, sir, may be on to something. :smallamused:

Mercenary Pen
2010-02-25, 06:25 PM
Ham and cheese? Deep-fried? You, sir, may be on to something. :smallamused:

There's also the possibility of adding something like mustard or maybe mangi chutney to add a little something extra to the flavour... Just thought of that whilst I was out at work.

Kobold-Bard
2010-02-25, 06:27 PM
Can you deep-fry liquids. Deep-fried beer appeals to me.

What? Don't look at me like that :smalltongue:

Mercenary Pen
2010-02-25, 07:00 PM
Can you deep-fry liquids. Deep-fried beer appeals to me.

What? Don't look at me like that :smalltongue:

Well, I believe you could find a beer batter recipe for using as an outer coating to deep fry with, though it won't go with absolutely everything I assume...

Deth Muncher
2010-02-25, 07:10 PM
Well, I believe you could find a beer batter recipe for using as an outer coating to deep fry with, though it won't go with absolutely everything I assume...

Name one thing beer batter isn't delicious on, and I'll find a way to make it delicious.

Kobold-Bard
2010-02-25, 07:11 PM
Name one thing beer batter isn't delicious on, and I'll find a way to make it delicious.

Soup.67890

Deth Muncher
2010-02-25, 07:30 PM
Soup.67890

Is this just straight liquid, like tomato soup? Or is it like chicken noodle, with bits o' jank in it?

Mercenary Pen
2010-02-25, 08:06 PM
Lets say, for the sake of argument, thin shop-bought cream of mushroom soup (no solid lumps at all, plus the flavour doesn't usually do the ingredients justice to start with in the shop-bought versions).

Yes, this probably does count as outright sabotage on my part.

Kobold-Bard
2010-02-26, 04:37 AM
Is this just straight liquid, like tomato soup? Or is it like chicken noodle, with bits o' jank in it?

Beer batter them both if you like.

Archonic Energy
2010-02-26, 04:51 AM
Mars Bars... battered of course!

and on that note
*has Miocardial Infarction*

Deth Muncher
2010-02-26, 04:52 AM
Lets say, for the sake of argument, thin shop-bought cream of mushroom soup (no solid lumps at all, plus the flavour doesn't usually do the ingredients justice to start with in the shop-bought versions).

Yes, this probably does count as outright sabotage on my part.

Beer batter them both if you like.

Hm. Okay. Well. My proposal is to mix the beer batter with the soup, and possibly add something in, like oats, to thicken it a bit, then drop em in the oil, much like hushpuppies.

That SHOULD work.

And the added bonus is the yummy bits in the middle if you've got something like chicken noodle.

billtodamax
2010-02-26, 04:59 AM
Maybe you could just... I don't know, freeze a ball of beer batter and drop it in the deep fryer? Does there really need to be a center to the beer batter?

Kobold-Bard
2010-02-26, 05:03 AM
Maybe you could just... I don't know, freeze a ball of beer batter and drop it in the deep fryer? Does there really need to be a center to the beer batter?

If you want to survive the deep-fried batter then probably, otherwise you're just eating oil :smallamused:

billtodamax
2010-02-26, 05:07 AM
If you want to survive the deep-fried batter then probably, otherwise you're just eating oil :smallamused:

Upon consideration, I am completely okay with just eating oil.

Kobold-Bard
2010-02-26, 05:10 AM
Upon consideration, I am completely okay with just eating oil.

Just making sure. Enjoy :smallsmile:

TheCountAlucard
2010-02-26, 12:18 PM
For the soup idea, you could make a container for the soup out of biscuit dough or something, and deep-fry that. I dunno. (shrug)

Roland St. Jude
2010-02-28, 11:51 PM
...On that note, Roland, what kind of cheese would you suggest? Pepperjack? Colby? Mozzarella? Extra-sharp cheddar? I have some of each of these things. :smalltongue:

Yes. Mozzarella is classic; it heats to a nice gooey interior. Extra-sharp cheddar sounds quite flavorful, but I can't say as I've tried that. Freeze or near freeze the cheese, cover in batter, fry until golden brown or the cheese begins to visibly ooze out. Eat with marinara, ranch dressing, or both. Or dip in melted cheese. :smallbiggrin:

TheCountAlucard
2010-03-01, 12:40 AM
Yes. Mozzarella is classic heats to a nice gooey interior. Extra-sharp cheddar sounds quite flavorful, but I can't say as I've tried that. Freeze or near freeze the cheese, cover in batter, fry until golden brown or the cheese begins to visibly ooze out. Eat with marinara, ranch dressing, or both. Or dip in melted cheese.Got some mozzarella sticks recently; these ones had marinara in the mozzarella sticks. :smallsmile: 'Twas yummy.

Deth Muncher
2010-03-01, 12:43 AM
Yes. Mozzarella is classic heats to a nice gooey interior. Extra-sharp cheddar sounds quite flavorful, but I can't say as I've tried that. Freeze or near freeze the cheese, cover in batter, fry until golden brown or the cheese begins to visibly ooze out. Eat with marinara, ranch dressing, or both. Or dip in melted cheese. :smallbiggrin:

Yo Roland, I herd u liek melted cheese?

Actually no, I'm not going to continue meme-ing, lest somebody start talking about how there's a lack of mind control, or they're gonna let me finish but deepfried Twinkies are the best deep fried things of all time or something.

The Demented One
2010-03-01, 12:52 AM
*is from Deep South*
*feels vaguely nauseous just reading the thread title*

Deth Muncher
2010-03-01, 12:54 AM
*is from Deep South*
*feels vaguely nauseous just reading the thread title*

Hey wait, how deep? I mean, I'm from Virginia, and though I'm in the more urban bit of it, I know the State Fair generally has deep fried awesome, and there's the Cajun Festival once a year that has deep fried alligator.

Mmm, alligator. Just like chicken, but you can taste the hate. It tastes AWESOME.

EDIT: I know VA is not the deep south by any means, but it IS technically south.

The Demented One
2010-03-01, 12:56 AM
Hey wait, how deep? I mean, I'm from Virginia, and though I'm in the more urban bit of it, I know the State Fair generally has deep fried awesome, and there's the Cajun Festival once a year that has deep fried alligator.

Bama. Bad, bad memories.

Deth Muncher
2010-03-01, 12:59 AM
Bama. Bad, bad memories.

Oh. OH. OOOOOH. :smalleek:

*headpats* Have you been through the requisite therapy sessions?

The Demented One
2010-03-01, 01:00 AM
Oh. OH. OOOOOH. :smalleek:

*headpats* Have you been through the requisite therapy sessions?
but...but...but...w-w-w-why would you deep fry that?

TheCountAlucard
2010-03-01, 01:03 AM
Eye lives in Arkansas... :smalltongue:

Deth Muncher
2010-03-01, 01:06 AM

Arkansas - the state of denial, or possibly "The Little State That Could."

Why? Because they want to be Kansas SO much that they changed their name so that they could well people that "We ARE Kansas."

And that, kids, is how Arkansas got its name.

/blatant lies

ziratha
2010-03-09, 01:30 PM
So I just (i.e a few weeks ago) got a deep fryer. What should I deep fry? Come denizens of the playground, help your longtime lurking friend to deep fry ever more of god's creation!

Also, who knows what a good marinara sauce for fried mozzarella is?

Mercenary Pen
2010-03-09, 01:35 PM
This thread (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=143150) may well suit your purposes.

valadil
2010-03-09, 01:54 PM
Get a little wad of batter and fry that up real nice. Then batter it and fry again. Repeat ad nauseum until the fried mass's diameter exceeds that of your deep fryer. This is the reason why I will never own a deep fryer.

Seriously though, two of the tastiest things I've eaten were fried cheesecake and fried mac & cheese. Try those. I've also always wondered what you'd get if you dropped spoonfuls of mashed potato in a deep fryer. It might dissolve. But if the outside held together I imagine you'd get a rich and creamy french fry wad.

Tengu_temp
2010-03-09, 02:02 PM
If the Simpsons and my taste buds are any indication, there's no food that can't be deep fried.

CollinPhillips
2010-03-09, 02:06 PM
If the Simpsons and my taste buds are any indication, there's no food that can't be deep fried.

But there is a huge gulf between what should be done and what can be done.

*Insert long boring rant about how I find the concept of deep frying stuff willy-nilly distasteful.*

OH OH! You should deep fry non food items for personal amusement! Batter and deep fry a set of dice before your next session!

the doomed one
2010-03-09, 02:13 PM
Pickles, defiantly pickles. Oh, and onion rings, and various meats, and everything else.:smallbiggrin:

JediSoth
2010-03-09, 02:16 PM
Biscuits (not the flaky one, just get the cheap ones). Serve 'em with apple butter.

The Vorpal Tribble
2010-03-09, 02:19 PM
OREOS! I had them deepfried once and it's love in your mouth (if not death in your arteries).

Arti3
2010-03-09, 02:23 PM
Deep fried M&Ms, Sushi, Chocolate Fondue, Cheesecake, cotton candy. (All Together)

Zeb The Troll
2010-03-10, 01:47 AM
Again I have to ask, how does one deep fry "fondue". I mean, the point of deep frying is to take something relatively solid and batter it and dip it in oil for a brief period. The purpose of fondue is the same thing, but with sauces instead of boiling oil.

So, how does one deep fry chocolate sauce? :smallconfused:

On a similar note, wouldn't cotton candy just evaporate before getting anywhere near the oil?

Coidzor
2010-03-10, 01:55 AM
Pickles, defiantly pickles. Oh, and onion rings, and various meats, and everything else.:smallbiggrin:

Leeks are like, even better than onions for this sort of thing, according to Good Eats.

Also, +9000 to the fried pickles idea.

Solaris
2010-03-10, 02:00 AM
But there is a huge gulf between what should be done and what can be done.

*Insert long boring rant about how I find the concept of deep frying stuff willy-nilly distasteful.*

OH OH! You should deep fry non food items for personal amusement! Batter and deep fry a set of dice before your next session!

It doesn't end well.

Blaine.Bush
2010-03-10, 02:11 AM
I think that forming some mashed potatoes into some kind of cake, and then coating it and frying it, would be extremely delicious. Like hashbrowns, sorta.

Oooh, Tootsie Rolls would be very good deep fried...

Coidzor
2010-03-10, 02:13 AM
I think that forming some mashed potatoes into some kind of cake, and then coating it and frying it, would be extremely delicious. Like hashbrowns, sorta.

Oooh, Tootsie Rolls would be very good deep fried...

More like deep fried latkes. :smallwink:

Deth Muncher
2010-03-10, 02:22 AM

As a Jew, I support this. All of it. Forever.

No, but seriously. Latke-Season (or, as some of you may refer to it, "The Holiday Season) is one of my favorite times of the year, next to St. Patty's Day and my burfday.

Blaine.Bush
2010-03-10, 02:30 AM

Tasty. (http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/d/db/LatkeFry.JPG)

Also, bonus points if you can find the hair on it! I have a knack for finding hairs in my food, no matter where I go... Even the internet!

Edit: Ooh, found another one. More bonus points if you can find the second hair.

Griever
2010-03-10, 02:31 AM
Peanut Butter, Do It.

Zeb The Troll
2010-03-10, 02:44 AM
I think that forming some mashed potatoes into some kind of cake, and then coating it and frying it, would be extremely delicious. Like hashbrowns, sorta.That sounds like a boxty, does it not?

Coidzor
2010-03-10, 03:09 AM
I must confess that I've never heard of a Boxty before. The name seems like it would be amusing to hear it said.

Peanut butter and cream cheese blended together then dipped in egg whites and covered with shredded coconut. :smalleek:

...Then fondued in chocolate.

Borgh
2010-03-10, 03:41 AM
or deep fried ice.

Its a receipe I've heard a long time ago. You start with a ball of ice cream wich you coat in egg and fine grated cocos that sticks to the egg . Freeze up. Repeat untill you have a thick coat of it and then deep fry for a short time.

Gwyn chan 'r Gwyll
2010-03-10, 08:41 AM
Deep fried Pickles are a classic. Make sure you go with either dill or half-n-half pickles though, not sweet pickles. :smalleek:

Vulkarius
2010-03-10, 04:36 PM
Seriously though, two of the tastiest things I've eaten were fried cheesecake and fried mac & cheese. Try those. I've also always wondered what you'd get if you dropped spoonfuls of mashed potato in a deep fryer. It might dissolve. But if the outside held together I imagine you'd get a rich and creamy french fry wad.

Where I work: Dave's Marketplace (RI anyone?) we have these things called Potato Sluggers (or snowballs depending on the season) which is basically creamy mashed potatos (they use instant but thats up to you) add some grated Parmesan, chopped scalions, and a little bit of melted butter. Can't remember the measurements because it's for a batch that makes a couple dozen balls but it's not that hard to get it right. Roll the tater mixture after you've added everything into golfball tater nuggets. Roll in flour then liquid egg then panko (doesn't matter what type, just the type they use) breadcrumbs. Fry til golden brown. Om then nom nom.

Dvandemon
2010-04-10, 07:20 PM
How about deep-fried cola? Courtesy of This is Why You're Fat (http://thisiswhyyourefat.com/), you should really check this out if you want deep fryer recipes

fknm
2010-04-10, 08:16 PM
One of my favorites- Deep fried broccoli and Bell Peppers.

And, since it's veggies, you can even say that it's healthy!

Cleverdan22
2010-04-10, 08:19 PM
How about deep-fried cola? Courtesy of This is Why You're Fat (http://thisiswhyyourefat.com/), you should really check this out if you want deep fryer recipes

My state fair has that. It's a combination of intriguing and horrifying.

enigmatime
2010-04-10, 08:49 PM
Cadbury Creme Eggs

Oranges (peeled or not)

Peeps

Meatballs

Bacon covered in powdered sugar then once the sugar is absorbed dip it in chocolate. Once the chocolate hardens, deep fry it.

Bananas (again, peeled)

Popcorn balls

Pizza (any kind, even Lean Cuisine)

Filet Mignon (if you have the money)

Crickets (seriously)

Lobster (if you have the money)

Lembas Bread (from Lord of the Rings, you can find the recipe online or follow this link http://lotrscrapbook.bookloaf.net/other/recipes.html#lembas)

Chocolate

I've got alot of things. To many for me to type. :smallsmile:

Cleverdan22
2010-04-10, 08:58 PM
Bacon covered in powdered sugar then once the sugar is absorbed dip it in chocolate. Once the chocolate hardens, deep fry it.

...Oh, gods, yes.

enigmatime
2010-04-10, 08:59 PM

Wait. Are you saying we should deep fry Arkansas or that we should deep fry people from Arkansas? :smallconfused::smalleek:

enigmatime
2010-04-10, 09:01 PM
...Oh, gods, yes.

You can repeat the process as many times as you like. To your preference. :smallbiggrin: :smallbiggrin: :smallbiggrin:
Edit: Those were obnoxious

TheThan
2010-04-10, 09:06 PM
My brother and I have always wanted to try deep frying a whole potato. But we’re afraid we’ll create a massive mess and set the place on fire.

enigmatime
2010-04-10, 09:10 PM
I've never tried this but what about a Twinkie wrapped in bacon soaked for awhile in the beverage of your choosing.

Dvandemon
2010-04-10, 10:27 PM
I remember a King of The Hill ep. where Bill and Boomhauer spent the entrie episode deep frying things. Eventually they deep fried chicken fried chicken

enigmatime
2010-04-10, 10:31 PM
I remember a King of The Hill ep. where Bill and Boomhauer spent the entrie episode deep frying things. Eventually they deep fried chicken fried chicken

I remember that episode! I loved it.

enigmatime
2010-04-25, 03:04 PM
Another fun thing to do is yogurt.

Cleverdan22
2010-04-27, 12:48 PM
Gah! Really? That sounds horrifying, but I guess I shouldn't knock it until I try it.

enigmatime
2010-04-29, 06:00 PM
Gah! Really? That sounds horrifying, but I guess I shouldn't knock it until I try it.

Well, I mean, certain kinds are good but others are just downright dreadful!

enigmatime
2010-05-20, 04:16 PM
More Terrifying yet delicious ideas:

Lemon-Poppy Seed Muffins

Omelot (not really scary)

Homemade Bread

Heart of an artichoke

Cheez-its

Donuts

Dog (I had it in China)

Sushi

Taffy

Eggplant

Celery (makes up for the negative calories!)

Cheetos