PDA

View Full Version : New feat: River Fighter Initiate (Tactical)

Boci
2010-02-23, 09:37 PM
Exploit Armour
You can harness your opponent’s armour against them by using its weight to upset their balance.
Preq: Dex 13, 1 setting sun manoeuvre
Benefit: When you initiate a trip or bullrush attempt, your opponent takes a penalty on the opposed roll equal to their Armour Check Penalty.

So what do you think?

Evard
2010-02-23, 09:48 PM
Nice although a lot of enemies don't wear armor. So if you go up to against a dragon and or the hundreds of other monsters that don't wear armor... To be effective the party will fight a lot of humanoid clankers :p

Boci
2010-02-23, 10:12 PM
Nice although a lot of enemies don't wear armor. So if you go up to against a dragon and or the hundreds of other monsters that don't wear armor... To be effective the party will fight a lot of humanoid clankers :p

True. Should I make it into a skill trick? Or I could up the preqs and make it a tactical feat. Never was that happy with the standard Setting Sun one provided in ToB.

deuxhero
2010-02-23, 10:25 PM
Yeah, more along the lines of part of a tacial feat or a skill trick.

DracoDei
2010-02-23, 10:28 PM
From a physics perspective this should probably not apply to bull-rushes... then again it is already a really specialized maneuver so... if you do make it a skill trip or tactical feat, then go ahead and drop the bull-rush stuff...

Zexion
2010-02-23, 10:29 PM
It should still work, with the necessary training.

DracoDei
2010-02-23, 10:31 PM
Extra mass HELPS with not getting pushed back usually... I can't THINK of any way training could turn mass of the pushee to the pushers advantage... you could use it to fake them out, but that is either Tumble or over-run, not really Bull-rush I wouldn't think.

Boci
2010-02-23, 10:37 PM
Okay, so:

River Fighter Initiate (Tactical)
You can harness the flow of combat, guiding an otherwise random affect to aid you in battle.
Preq: Dex 13, 3 setting sun manoeuvre, 1 of which must be of at least 3rd level,
Benefit: You may use the following tactical manoeuvre:
Exploit armour: When you initiate a trip or bullrush attempt, your opponent takes a penalty on the opposed roll equal to their Armour Check Penalty.
Fall back: When a critical hit is confirmed against you in melee, you may allow the sheer force of the blow to send you 5ft backwards. You must make a successful DC: 15 tumble check to avoid provoking an AoO with this movement, and a balance check at the same DC to avoid falling prone in your new location. You may use this ability even on difficult terrain, but it does not allow you to occupy an illegal square or path through a barrier.
Torrential step: When you ready an action to attack an opponent, you may then take a 5ft step into their square. If the attack was successful, this movement does not provoke an AoO.

This one better?

Extra mass HELPS with not getting pushed back usually... I can't THINK of any way training could turn mass of the pushee to the pushers advantage... you could use it to fake them out, but that is either Tumble or over-run, not really Bull-rush I wouldn't think.

I am pretty sure that a heavy suit of metal that impedes your movement can be used against you to force you backwards by someone who knows what they are doing. Kick at one leg and the added mass will make tyhem stumble back more easily.

Zexion
2010-02-23, 11:15 PM
Nice feats. I like the Exploit Armor one. Think of using that in a fighter vs fighter tournament!