PDA

View Full Version : [Exalted] Good intro guides?

illyrus
2010-02-23, 10:03 PM
Does anyone have a Newbie's Guide to Exalted that they'd recommend? I've tried "The Google" and "Reading the Damn Book" with some success but I figured I'd also ask those much more knowledgeable than myself if they had any good advice.

background of why I'm asking, skip if you like:
-----
I've keep reading posts on the forums about the game so I thought I'd buy the book and give it a try. I'm familiar with the old and new WoD and have read some of the rules but no one in either of my gaming groups has played Exalted.

My track record for these sort of games seems to go:
1. think I understand the rules and how the game works
2. make a character thinking I know what I'm doing
3. play said character
4. realize I have no idea how to make a character or how anything works
5. repeat most of the process now that I have a grasp on the system

I'd like to shortcut some of that. I'm not trying to create the most uber character, but I would like to have the knowledge to successfully develop and implement a concept for the game.

Lochar
2010-02-23, 10:22 PM
Give me a concept and I'll walk you through basic creation of a Solar.

Overshee
2010-02-23, 11:16 PM
Do you need a guide for character creation, general rules, combat?

Character creation isn't hard (though charm choice can be difficult just because you don't know them well), we can walk you through it.

Return to the Tomb of Five Corners is a WW published quickstart adventure. It has a streamlined guide to rules that is very helpful.

Combatwise, Exalted Combat 201 is a great resource, and other tutorials and rules can be found on the WW wiki as well.