PDA

View Full Version : Good higher level adventures?(3.5)

DarkEternal
2010-02-24, 08:52 AM
So, after finishing the Red Hand of Doom, my party is at level 9 and we are moving onward. I am the DM, since nobody else wants to be one, naturally, and it's up to me to do the adventures, though naturally, everyone in my party understands that we don't have the time to make our own adventures so prewritten ones are the only alternative.

So far, up to level 6 I did the Forge of Fury adventure and Speaker in Dreams, before said Red Hand of Doom. Well, now that they are level 9 I was thinking(already bought) the Shadowdale: The scouring of the Land adventure since it also has a "continue" with Anauroch module or something. Did anyone play these adventures? Any comments about them, if they are good or not? This adventure is written completely different then the ones I usually ran, but I don't think that is a bad way. Of course, our campaigns happened in Eberron so far and this is Forgotten Realms, but I'll use the World Serpent Inn to get them there so that's not much of a problem.

And last, but not least, do you lot have good recommendations for higher level adventures? I heard good things about City of the Spider queen, but one of the players already played that one before with a different group so that's out of the table. I presume that once we are done with Shadow Dale and Anauroch, they will be level 15 or so, so any high level good adventures to recommend?

Runestar
2010-02-24, 09:05 AM
There are the expedition to ruins of greyhawk or expedition to demonweb pits modules. They are technically designed for starting 8th lv PCs, but I don't think that may be an issue.

Never run them before though, so I cannot comment.

DarkEternal
2010-02-24, 07:36 PM
Yeah, I saw the Expedition to Demonweb pits, but it seems a bit too....bare, just gives you the outlines. Worst case scenario I might go to that one, but I would like to see some others that I could go through first to see if they would fit the party.

DarkEternal
2010-06-15, 05:12 PM
Alright, just started an adventure that should be enough to propel the party up to level 16 or something. So, the question still remains, about some published adventures(prefered from 3.5, but I suppose I could modify the encounters and stuff from previous/later editions or Pathfinder or something if the adventure is good) that would take the party from that level onward.

I did like the idea of taking them through the nine hells all the way to Asmodeus, but I doubt there are adventures with that and I really do not have the time necessary to make an adventure myself, especially one of such epic magnitudes.

hobbes1020
2010-06-15, 05:13 PM
You might consider City of the Spider Queen. It is for the Forgotten Realms setting but I believe it goes from levels 10-18.

Dusk Eclipse
2010-06-15, 05:13 PM
There is an adventure that is supposely designed to put character at ECL 20 into epic terriroty....

DarkEternal
2010-06-15, 05:16 PM
You might consider City of the Spider Queen. It is for the Forgotten Realms setting but I believe it goes from levels 10-18.

Yeah, I read about that one, and it is very good. Alas, it would be too long really to play for the characters considering they would start it off at level 16(plus, more importantly, I'm pretty sure a player from my group already played that one before)