PDA

View Full Version : Amc-12

Eloel
2010-02-24, 08:55 AM
Are we allowed to discuss AMC questions & answers on here?
There's a 'don't discuss with people who will go into the competition' clause, so I was wondering if using spoilers and/or PMs would be a valid way of discussing the questions/answers/methods

Zeta Kai
2010-02-24, 09:57 AM
Surely I can't be the only one who doesn't know what AMC is. American Movie Classics (IE the cable network that shows any random film made more than ~6 years ago)? Please elaborate on your query, so that those who are not already intimately familiar with the issue at hand could have a chance to weigh in upon the matter.

The Rose Dragon
2010-02-24, 10:02 AM
If you search for AMC-12, rather than AMC, you'll find out that it stands for American Mathematics Contest. :smalltongue:

Nerd-o-rama
2010-02-24, 10:36 AM
In my opinion, PMs would work, while spoilers are insecure enough that it'd be the same as discussing things publically - on a board with this many nerdy high schoolers, that's sure to be a rules violation.

Mewtarthio
2010-02-24, 05:52 PM
PMs sound too risky. I'm not familiar with this competition, but it seems to me that there are rules against competitors discussing the AMC amongst themselves. You'd have to way to confirm that whoever you're PMing is not a competitor like yourself. I'd say no, you shouldn't risk it.

Roland St. Jude
2010-02-24, 07:39 PM
All that said, this isn't really Forum Rules or Board Issue. It's a matter of what the rules of the competition are - I recommend that you check those.

Thread locked.