PDA

View Full Version : Help with a elf warblade 3.5

Aramil369
2010-02-24, 06:10 PM
Ok, so im making an elf warblade (obviously lol) and i want him to have this uber-elf superiority attitude. there was a list on the WotC forum but i cant find it. :smallfrown: and i need fresh ammo anyway lol.
example: if the enemy misses he would say "yes, excellent thrust simply excellent!... unless you were trying to hit me." or "very nice, i'll bet you've spent your whole life on that attack, in another hundred years you'll have it down... oh right you don't live that long. HAHAHAA!!"
you know something like that. thanks for the help!

the humanity
2010-02-24, 06:27 PM
"we're having a sword eating contest... YOU'RE WINNING!!!"

"I'm sorry, did you need that intestine?"

eh.

Egiam
2010-02-24, 06:27 PM
So... do you want more quips? Or stat help?

"Yes... now you got the hang of it... Oops!"

Aramil369
2010-02-24, 06:33 PM
quips and quotes, he's made and everything. anything that makes him a smrat @$$. I'm a better race/fighter than you, type of sayings.

krossbow
2010-02-24, 06:34 PM
i am an elf. Your argument is invalid.

Aramil369
2010-02-24, 06:36 PM
i am an elf. Your argument is invalid.

omg... i almost choked on my pepsi... thats good

Draz74
2010-02-24, 06:36 PM
"They say elves cause cancer." Stab. "Your tumor seems rather metallic to me."

Beowulf DW
2010-02-24, 06:39 PM
"Isn't your lifespan short enough without facing me?"

Aramil369
2010-02-24, 06:42 PM
oh man these are great keep 'em comin'! he's also sword and board type (sword and shield) im thinkin' of saying BONK! when i shield bash.

Ryuuk
2010-02-24, 06:43 PM
"Nice blade, if only it had a hand that did it justice."

"I saw that lunge coming years ago."

"Ah you're getting better, that almost grazed me."

(After leaving a deep gash on his foes face) "Quite the improvement, don't you think?"

Haven
2010-02-24, 06:45 PM
oh man these are great keep 'em comin'! he's also sword and board type (sword and shield) im thinkin' of saying BONK! when i shield bash.

Heh.

After stabbing a doppleganger: "Hey look, he shapeshifted into a dead guy!"

After using Sudden Leap (or any movement power): "I'm runnin' circles around ya!"

Killing two enemies with Steel Wind: "Not so tough now are ya? ARE YA?!"

Thalnawr
2010-02-24, 06:45 PM
So you're going for Guybrush Threepwood, elven swordmaster?

Aramil369
2010-02-24, 06:47 PM
So you're going for Guybrush Threepwood, elven swordmaster?

close but heavy on the elf and "im a better fighter than you'll ever be" aspect

Beowulf DW
2010-02-24, 06:48 PM

[before shield bash] "This is a shield." *bash* "Your kind doesn't have good eyesight, so I thought you might want a closer look."

Shyftir
2010-02-24, 06:51 PM
Don't forget to let his attitude spill out to the party too. You know you are doing it right when your game group are laughing and saying things like, "I want to sneak attack the elf."

As for quips:

"Oh all right, if the lesser races need my help I suppose I could."
Whenever somebody ask you to do something.

If there is a dwarven party member,

"You fight like a dwarf!" (to an easily dispatched enemy.)

or

"Oh I'm sorry. I thought you were the dwarf." (after missing something particularly ugly with one attack and killing it with the next.)

Basically you need to me an all around jerk not just to enemies to really play the overly arrogant racist elf type.

Aramil369
2010-02-24, 06:55 PM
oh, yeah. no ones safe lmao!!

krossbow
2010-02-24, 06:55 PM
try and steal things from the scout (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IX__swbUwag) and alter them to the situation.

Zergrusheddie
2010-02-24, 07:08 PM
"It's rather pathetic that a creature that has such a short life would spend 1/3 of it asleep!"

"I'm looking for someone to carry my equipment. *plunge sword into chest* You're hired!"

After sneaking up on someone: "If you weren't deaf, you might have heard me!"

"You were expecting an archer?"

"You see, I'm an Elf Warblade. I'm like a Human Fighter only better in every possible way..."

Aramil369
2010-02-24, 07:15 PM
"You see, I'm an Elf Warblade. I'm like a Human Fighter only better in every possible way..."

"and quite a few impossible ones too.

Weezer
2010-02-24, 07:15 PM
Theres always the classic:

"How appropriate, you fight like a cow."

Saintheart
2010-02-24, 07:29 PM
(After smacking one's opponent) "You do realise the point of this exercise is to not get hit by me?"

(And then after hitting him again and doing piercing damage) "Ah, you seem to be getting the point at last!"

Aramil369
2010-02-24, 07:52 PM
"Ive spent your entire life perfecting this thrust."

Aramil369
2010-02-24, 08:15 PM
On a critical hit "Do you like that? My mother taught that to me."

Tackyhillbillu
2010-02-24, 08:26 PM
"You are quite good... for a blind, drunk, toddler. Wait, you aren't any of those things? I'm sorry."

"I don't know why I even bother. If I got out of your way, you could just fall on your own sword and die."

"You know, I could use some kind of fancy move to kill you, but why bother? You obviously aren't taking this seriously either."

Eldariel
2010-02-24, 08:27 PM
On a critical hit "Do you like that? My mother taught that to me."

Hm, wouldn't it sting more with:
"Like that? Your mom taught me that."

Aramil369
2010-02-24, 08:30 PM
Maybe but he tries to promote that elves are the better race. but i do like the yo mama reference.

Eldariel
2010-02-24, 08:32 PM
Maybe but he tries to promote that elves are the better race. but i do like the yo mama reference.

He's a swashbuckler; of course he's supposed to make quips with a sexual tint. And that also works into "I was doing this while you were in diapers" and why not an "I'm your father" too :P

Aramil369
2010-02-24, 08:40 PM
To a half-elf : "your not half bad... no wait... yes you ARE half bad, but at least your half good too."

Harperfan7
2010-02-24, 09:05 PM
Spends the first couple rounds fighting with a quizical look on his face, then, "...OH! We're fighting! ...well, sort of."

One Step Two
2010-02-24, 09:12 PM
"This is a fight? I've seen livlier tussles over the last peice of Lembas!"

"You fight like a half-drunk goat. Actually, a half-drunk goat would have better footwork!

Aramil369
2010-02-24, 09:22 PM
to a halfling : "oh good my footrest has arrived"

Draz74
2010-02-25, 12:04 AM
"You know why elves don't sleep? Because if they did, they would constantly doze off out of boredom while dueling foes who fight as pathetically as you do."

Akal Saris
2010-02-25, 01:39 AM
"Even elder races get bored, you know."

(p.s. - go Eternal Blade to be the ultimate elf warblade!)

ShneekeyTheLost
2010-02-25, 02:30 AM
"Your lack of skill fills me with boredom, but your lack of hygiene fills me with disgust. Very well, then, let's get this over quickly."

"You know, you favor a lass I once knew a few hundred years ago... naaaah, impossible. No child of mine could possibly be so clumsy. Then again, maybe she did settle for less and spawn a few children after I left. One never knows..."

"I had never met such a flexible human until I had met your grandmother. Shame you didn't inherit any of that."

"Oh, thank you, it was getting a bit warm in here. What, you mean you were actually trying to hit me rather than fan me? Well, my young fellow, you need to work on your aim a bit."

"You know, I have a wonderful quip ready, but I think I shall refrain. The old saying about casting pearls before swine comes to mind..."

"You do have one significant achievement, you know... as witty as I am, I simply cannot come up with a phrase which adequately describes your complete incompetence. That's quite an accomplishment... of a sort."

"Wait, you mean that's not your off hand you are using?"

"You aren't worth soiling my blade over..." <Shield Bash>

"How about this, to make things sporting, I'm going to switch up my style. I'll parry with the blade and attack with the shield. Do you think you could not die as quickly as your comrades that way?"

"I haven't felt the thrill and excitement of a good fight in decades... maybe I'll find one tomorrow."

Saintheart
2010-02-25, 02:39 AM
(After the opponent misses) "Well, that's a little more like it! Just a few more decades and you'll be ready to pick up a sword!"

sombrastewart
2010-02-25, 11:43 AM
"Are you sure you're holding the right end?"

Shyftir
2010-02-25, 12:21 PM
"Thousands of years ago, Elves taught the other races the art of the sword, too bad you've all forgotten it since then."

Aramil369
2010-02-25, 01:05 PM
On a successful crit : "And THAT'S how it's done. Now you try."

ShneekeyTheLost
2010-02-25, 11:56 PM
<when you kill an opponent> "There, you see? Now you tr... oh, terribly sorry. I keep trying to teach you lesser beings, but you keep not surviving the lessons..."