PDA

View Full Version : OotS Casting

Petrocorus
2010-02-24, 06:51 PM
Ok, let's imagine that OotS become movies or TS Show.
Who would you see in which role?
What actor for what character?

And beside, which director?

Petrocorus
2010-02-24, 07:13 PM
I'll try to begin:

Roy: Gary Dourdan
Elan:
Durkon: Ray Stevenson
Haley: Amanda Righetti
Vaarsuvius: Hayden Christensen (i tried to think to an effeminate actor, that the first name that came)
Belkar: Vin Diesel

Shojo: Ken Watanabe
Hinjo: Daniel Dae Kim
Miko: Moon Bloodgood (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1291227/)
Lien:

Xykon: Christoph Waltz (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0910607/)
Redcloak: Michael C Hall
Tsukiko: Zhang Ziyi

fwiffo
2010-02-24, 07:31 PM
Ooooh, we are doing OOTS casting? I cast the Bigby's redundant thread (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=141370) spell. Do I get a cookie?

Petrocorus
2010-02-24, 07:41 PM
I haven't used the good key word in my search apparently.

Vaarsuvius4181
2010-03-05, 05:24 PM
Vin diesel? He's t

BatRobin
2010-03-05, 06:27 PM
Neil Patrick Harris is Elan/Nale. Undoubtedly. He'd be so prefect. (And on come the Harry Potter jokes about my typo.)

Magicyop
2010-03-05, 07:44 PM
Neil Patrick Harris is Elan/Nale. Undoubtedly. He'd be so prefect. (And on come the Harry Potter jokes about my typo.)

If the harry potter jokes thing was an edit, why didn't you just fix the typo? And if it wasn't an edit, it would have been even easier to fix the typo. So I conclude that you... left it in on purpose? :smallconfused:

I think that OotS really has to be done in animation, as I think was mentioned in the other thread about this. It would be kind of weird to see it as live action.

littlequietguy
2010-03-05, 08:19 PM
I haven't used the good key word in my search apparently.

You will now see this thread for the rest of your days on the forum, knowing that you made the same mistake.

Starscream
2010-03-05, 08:21 PM
I always imagined it as a cartoon, so my choices are mostly professional voice actors, chosen for the way they sound rather than look.

:roy: Brett Butler
:vaarsuvius: Tara Strong
:sabine: Cree Summer
:elan:/:nale: Billy West
:thog: Jim Cummings
:mitd: Chris Latta (sadly deceased)
:haley: Wendee Lee
:redcloak: Maurice LaMarche
:belkar: Rob Paulsen
:durkon: Craig Ferguson
:roach: mc chris
:xykon: Frank Welker
:miko: Tia Carrere

Explanations for those who unlike me are not pathetic enough to enjoy identifying voice actors whenever they watch cartoons (I'm thinking of turning it into a Bingo game!):

Brett Butler - Quinn from Sealab 2021. Very good when it comes to the whole "only sane man trying to keep a bunch of lunatics in check" routine.

Tara Strong - The only voice actor I could think of who never seems constrained by gender. Her voices are often too high to be definitely male, and too low to be definitely female, and she plays lots of characters of both sexes. I was particularly thinking of her role as Raven from Teen Titans, as she also has a sort of intellectual monotone going there.

Cree Summer - Very good at playing "bitchy" characters. I personally think she kind of looks (http://www.martinipink.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/07/cree-summer.jpg) like Sabine as well, or at least how I imagine Sabine might look if she weren't a stick figure. Can currently be heard as Blackarachnia in Transformers.

Billy West - Fry from Futurama. 'nuff said. Has done a ton of other stuff, but I figure Elan sounds the most like Fry.

Jim Cummings - Has done stuff from all over the spectrum, like Tigger and Darkwing Duck, but is especially good as big tough guys.

Chris Latta - Played Starscream (my namesake). Also Cobra commander. Sadly no longer with us.

Wendee Lee - Haruhi Suzumiya and Konata Izumi in their English dubs. If you've ever watch anime in English, you've heard her. If you've ever played a video game, you've heard her. Probably the most prolific female voice actor ever, with the exception of Tress Macneille and maybe June Foray.

Maurice LaMarche - Can do pretty much any voice. Plays a dozen characters on Futurama alone, for example. I particularly like the Orson Welles impression he does for The Brain of Pinky and the Brain.

Rob Paulson - One of my personal favorite voice actors, especially as Yakko or Raphael.

Craig Ferguson - I was looking for a Scottish brogue, and his was the first to come to mind. He was on Freakazoid quite often.

mc chris - For some reason I imagine the roaches being shrill and annoying. Enter mc chris, who is so annoying he actually comes around to being likable from the other side.

Frank Welker - He is actually the number one "All Time Top 100 Stars at the Box Office", not because he is famous but because he has done so darn much. The dude is second only to Mel Blanc in the bout for "Best voice actor of all time". In particular he was Megatron, and no one can rival Xykon for sheer badassery like Megatron.

Tia Carrere - The Martian Queen from Duck Dodgers. Also heard in Lilo and Stitch. And played Wayne's hot girlfriend in the Wayne's World movies.

BatRobin
2010-03-05, 08:23 PM
If the harry potter jokes thing was an edit, why didn't you just fix the typo? And if it wasn't an edit, it would have been even easier to fix the typo. So I conclude that you... left it in on purpose? :smallconfused:

I think that OotS really has to be done in animation, as I think was mentioned in the other thread about this. It would be kind of weird to see it as live action.

I never even edited. :smallamused: