PDA

View Full Version : 101 Underwater Warforged Adventure ideas

Randel
2010-02-24, 07:49 PM
Okay, I saw the Why Play a Warforged thread and got to thinking. Warforged are constructs and therefore don't need to breath... plus they are made out of wood and stuff so they should be able to withstand massive amounts of pressure if they are designed to (none of those pesky 'lungs' and 'organs' to get squeezed by underwater pressure). At most would need some waterproof material or containers to protect metal components.

So, assuming you got a whole group of warforged together, what sort of wacky under-the-sea hijinks or adventures can you pull off?

A few ideas:

1. Search for sunken treasure - Just walk along the ocean floor till you find a sunken ship full of stuff, shove the treasure in a bag and walk off. Unless sea creatures attack you then it should be easier that digging in dungeons, right?

Saintheart
2010-02-24, 07:58 PM
Well, it's not really under the sea as such, but, for Warforged, what better way to move undetected through a medieval city's sewers than walking through the sewage rather than walking on those pesky little walkways suspended above the sea of excrement? :D

Talk about a short sharp shower of *czzht*

TheCountAlucard
2010-02-24, 08:20 PM
Now, see, this is something I approve of!

If those meatbags in the coastal towns are having trouble with the Sahuagin raiders, are they going to hire more meatbags to take care of it, or are they gonna get someone who can get the job done? I think the answer's clear, here.

Meatbag: *gurgle, gurgle* (Translation: "Aaaugh, my water breathing spell has been dispelled, leaving my pathetic meatbag body to asphyxiate in the depths!")

Warforged: "Sucks to be you."

Kiren
2010-02-24, 08:24 PM
The quest to find an oil can!

Its a race against time to find the mythical oil can of Atlantis, before our heroes rust to pieces. But beware, for many a treacherous... snail or.... starfish, AWAIT!

avr
2010-02-24, 09:18 PM
Some mischievous aquatic creatures, probably fey, are messing with the beacons which guide ships in and out of the harbour. I don't care whether you talk them out of it or kill them, but get them to stop.

A nixie charmed my (relative/SO/valuable employee) & stole them away! I'll pay you to get them back!

There's a lake of blood in the Mournland. On the eastern side there seems to be an upwelling, we need to know what the source is. Water breathing won't be enough, obviously, but warforged should be able to handle it.

Harperfan7
2010-02-24, 09:32 PM
Back when Green Star Adept came out, I thought about walking up and down rivers (as in, in the rivers) to travel undetected.

Rensvind
2010-02-25, 03:29 AM
Just FYI, the FAQ says that Warforged have the same tolerance for pressure as humans... :smallwink:

Skeppio
2010-02-25, 03:54 AM
Just FYI, the FAQ says that Warforged have the same tolerance for pressure as humans... :smallwink:

That entry is nothing more than fleshy meat creature propaganda. *click* *whirr*

Guy-Nightbeast
2010-02-25, 10:09 AM
Well, if you are in the Lhazzar Principalities, you could do a pirate like campaign. You could be a new crew of adventurers hired by one of the princes to destroy another princes' fleet of ships to ruin trade routes.

Then there are the concept of deep sea diving to recover sunken treasures, artificer components, all sorts of lovelies. That are being guarded by monstrous sea creatures. Like a Kraken!

Squark
2010-02-25, 10:14 AM

I'd rule that they might have only a slight increase in pressure tolerance, but that they climate quicker to high pressures (and don't have to worry about the bends, since they don't have any bodily fluids to speak of)

Vizzerdrix
2010-02-25, 10:17 AM

Okay. So we need to make them Warforged clerics with what ever domain makes them immune to the Sea's crushing depths. No problem :smallsmile:

Also: enslaved warforged are being harnessed to barges and forced to endlessly haul barges. Free your people!

Cyclocone
2010-02-25, 10:25 AM
Okay. So we need to make them Warforged clerics with what ever domain makes them immune to the Sea's crushing depths. No problem :smallsmile:

That would be the Blackwater domain.

But don't be a cleric, get Planar Touchstone instead. Otherwise you might have to worship whatsherface... Blibppoddopopoool or however you spell it.

Greenish
2010-02-25, 12:46 PM
Meatbag: *gurgle, gurgle* (Translation: "Aaaugh, my water breathing spell has been dispelled, leaving my pathetic meatbag body to asphyxiate in the depths!")

Warforged: "Sucks to be you.":biggrin:

Mind if I sig that?

TheCountAlucard
2010-02-25, 01:52 PM
Mind if I sig that?Yay, Alucard finally gets himself into someone's signature! :smalltongue:

Yeah, feel free to. :smallbiggrin:

Kiren
2010-02-25, 02:00 PM
To deal with the pressure, make a big scuba suit warforged.... with a drill.

Greenish
2010-02-25, 02:02 PM
To deal with the pressure, make a big scuba suit warforged.... with a drill.Adamantine Body ought to do the trick.

[Edit]: There is a Drill Hand component with warforged, I'm sure, even if I've never managed to find it or the missile launcher.

Eldan
2010-02-25, 02:02 PM
Nail yourself to the keel of a ship. Perfect way to travel cheaply as a stowaway.

Guy-Nightbeast
2010-02-25, 02:54 PM
Nail yourself to the keel of a ship. Perfect way to travel cheaply as a stowaway.

You sir, have earned a high measure of awesome from me.

Ravens_cry
2010-02-25, 03:08 PM
Yeah, but make sure to get off before they scrub for barnacles. Fouling was a major problem for ships, and still is, and anti-fowling agents were less effective in a society with the level of technical sophistication presented in Eberron.

Ecalsneerg
2010-02-25, 03:44 PM

But don't be a cleric, get Planar Touchstone instead. Otherwise you might have to worship whatsherface... Blibppoddopopoool or however you spell it.

Or be Clerics of a cause!

The cause of deep-sea discovery and adventure! (Alternately, the cause of watching deep-sea angler fish)

Melamoto
2010-02-25, 04:09 PM
Or be Clerics of a cause!

The cause of deep-sea discovery and adventure! (Alternately, the cause of watching deep-sea angler fish)

I'd worship the cause of not being crushed to death, personally.

Vizzerdrix
2010-02-25, 10:57 PM

Or just be one of those godless clerics. need to remember to read entire topics :smallredface:

Anyways, Yes we need to make a drill and/or a launcher device. I'd personally like an attachment similar to Fallout 3's Rock-It-Launcher. Being able to fire off a series of alchemical items, net balls and enchanted sling bullets would be a fun weapon! Now how to make this happen, with enough room for pyrokineticist so I can cut my foes in half with a white hot lash :smallamused:

Xenogears
2010-02-25, 11:11 PM
Or just be one of those godless clerics. need to remember to read entire topics :smallredface:

Anyways, Yes we need to make a drill and/or a launcher device. I'd personally like an attachment similar to Fallout 3's Rock-It-Launcher. Being able to fire off a series of alchemical items, net balls and enchanted sling bullets would be a fun weapon! Now how to make this happen, with enough room for pyrokineticist so I can cut my foes in half with a white hot lash :smallamused:

Theres the stone Spitter Maug Graft from Fiend Folio. Shoulder Mounted Cannon that shoots rock basically. Doesn't say anything about firing other stuff but thats what the Knowledge (DM's Cheeto Addiction) Skill is for.

Vizzerdrix
2010-02-26, 12:07 AM
Hmm... Well I did help a little with working on a chain launch bolt trick, I'm wondering if I can apply it to the Launch item spell and a bag of holding attached to a tube.

>Snip<

Failed build is full of fail :smallfrown: