PDA

View Full Version : Help me find a movie.

El Llamita
2010-02-25, 11:05 AM
Hello people, I'm trying to find a movie I saw some time ago and have been dwelling in my mind lately.

What I remember from the movie is that it transcurred in a movie theater, and the angle of the shooting was from behind, so you were able to see the screen and the back of the viewers. The viewers were a bunch of characters (I think 4) who were seing a sequence of old Science Fiction movies in the screen while making snarky comments now and then, a la Beavis and Butthead.
The viewers were not all human, there was a robot and also and alien I think.

I don't remember if the film was only about this or if it was just a segment of it. But it was damn funny, I can tell you that.

Do you think you could help me?

Thanks in advance.

WalkingTarget
2010-02-25, 11:08 AM
You want MST3K (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mst3k). They did that for a lot of old sci-fi movies.

Eldan
2010-02-25, 11:19 AM
Specifically, it's an entire series about people making stupid comments about old movies.

Starscream
2010-02-25, 11:44 AM
:smallbiggrin: One of the greatest series ever, by the way. There were almost 200 episodes and a theatrical movie (much of which is viewable online, check Google).

And the guys who made it now run a site called Rifftrax (http://www.rifftrax.com/), which does the exact same thing. They sell downloadable audio commentaries for movies that you can sync up to your DVDs. Except now instead of mocking cheesy old B-Movies, they can do modern blockbusters as well.

El Llamita
2010-02-25, 12:02 PM
Sweet, thanks guys. Down here in Argentina nobody knows it. I'll try and find them as soon as I'm able.

Thank you again.

Zom B
2010-02-25, 12:37 PM
Sweet, thanks guys. Down here in Argentina nobody knows it.

I cry for you, Argentina.

YorickBrown
2010-02-27, 03:34 PM
the best single episode of MST3K was the episode where they watched "Overdrawn At The Memory Bank" with Raul Julia

my lord, i don't think i've laughed so hard in my entire life

"WHAT DOES THIS MOVIE HAVE AGAINST ANTEATERS???"

factotum
2010-02-28, 03:16 AM
Specifically, it's an entire series about people making stupid comments about old movies.

There was actually an MST3K movie, though, which might be specifically what he's thinking about. "This Island Earth" was the movie within a movie, as I recall.