PDA

View Full Version : 4e Make my Warforged Druid Awesome

Eorran
2010-02-25, 11:22 AM
Just what it says on the title. I'm making a Warforged Druid for a less-than-serious campaign. I have the character builder, but haven't had a chance to use it yet, so I've been working out of the PHB1 and 2.

So far I have:
High stats (Final: S18 C22 D17 I13 W22 Ch10)
I've picked the Guardian druid path, and I really like the Sky Hunter PP (though when I Wildshape into an eagle, I want it to look like an Eagle (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/F-15_Eagle).
I haven't picked any feats, though I'm thinking about Ranger MC.

Powers: The ones I'm sure I want are:
Flame Seed (refluffed into a grenade laucher! Whoo!) (At-Will)
Armor of the Wild (Lvl 10 Utility)
Sunbeam (Lvl 9 daily)

The character runs off Rule of Cool / Rule of Awesome. Mechanical effectiveness is good (I don't want to fail all the time), but if I do fail, I want it to still look good.

I think his normal Wildshape will look like a Velicoraptor or similar, because, well, robot dinosaur!

Other party members will include a Striker and a Leader, not sure which yet.

LibraryOgre
2010-02-25, 11:52 AM
Download this. Memorize it. Play it at every opportunity. (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00138F48Q/ref=dm_sp_alb?ie=UTF8&qid=1267117443&sr=8-22)

Kylarra
2010-02-25, 12:19 PM
What are you looking for? A level 30 build? Something random? Good equipment ideas for a level 30 char?

Eorran
2010-02-25, 01:05 PM
I'm looking for feats, powers, and equipment recommendations for 14th level. Effectiveness is good, but fun ideas are what I really want.
I'll also take suggestions for future levels, but I suspect this campaign will be relatively short-lived.

I'll also take ideas for 2 other characters to flesh out this party.

Mark - that gives me an idea. MC Bard, ask the DM for internal speakers on my Warforged. Robot dinosaurs with built-in theme music!

tcrudisi
2010-02-25, 01:09 PM
Hahahaha. I love your idea. Unfortunately, since I'm in another country, I'm away from my books, so I can't give the best information. However, I love the idea so I wanted to offer encouragement. Good luck!

Yakk
2010-02-25, 01:43 PM
If you can afford the feats, swarm druid + hide armor proficiency + hide armor expertise gives you both con-resist in animal form, and con-to-AC.

Ie, for 2 feats, you can get +1 AC and the guardian druid class feature, while also having the swarm druid class feature.

Then you can turn into a swarm of mechanical birds. :)

I say this, because I find that the swarm druid powers just seem better than the non-swarm druid powers (in beast form). They tend to be area effects and the like, which (in 4e) tends to be more optimal than not!

Kylarra
2010-02-25, 01:47 PM
If you can afford the feats, swarm druid + hide armor proficiency + hide armor expertise gives you both con-resist in animal form, and con-to-AC.You only need hide armor expertise. You already have proficiency.