PDA

View Full Version : "Dungeon Master" Prc? (D&D 3.5)

Forever Curious
2010-02-25, 11:50 AM
I've heard mention of a Prestige Class based on metagaming and essentially being a DM in game. Is anyone aware of such a class?

Ashtagon
2010-02-25, 12:05 PM
I think there is a class of that name in WotC's Dungeonscape.

Prepost edit: it's called the dungeon lord prestige class. It basically makes the NPC (most typically) more powerful in his home dungeon. I believe someone homebrewed a class with a similar name in these forums a while ago though.

Forever Curious
2010-02-25, 12:07 PM
I think there is a class of that name in WotC's Dungeonscape.

Prepost edit: it's called the dungeon lord prestige class. It basically makes the NPC (most typically) more powerful in his home dungeon. I believe someone homebrewed a class with a similar name in these forums a while ago though.

I'm quite familiar with that class (it's awesome for NPC's). I was refering to one that grants metagame abilities (like a Game Master).

Mulletmanalive
2010-02-25, 12:26 PM
That sounds like the sort of thing that would come out of the Munchkin RPG. I know there was a Rules Lawyer class so a parallel seems solidly likely.

It was also a class in the game In the Games Room which was a hillarious 4th wall fest about playing a group of losers playing D&D...I played a Rules Lawyer with poo-loads of the Palm Dice skill, just to annoy the GM, a player who was actually like that in game, but much worse at actually palming the dice...

DracoDei
2010-02-25, 02:00 PM
Well I KNOW I saw a PrC built around the concept of creating and ruling a dungeon, but my Google-fu is weak. Neither
site:www.giantitp.com "Game Master" PrC
Nor
site:www.giantitp.com "Dungeon Master" PrC
Seems to turn it up... In any case, I don't remember it being very meta.

Jota
2010-02-25, 02:10 PM
There's a base class example here (http://dungeons.wikia.com/wiki/Dungeon_Master_(3.5e_Class)), though it doesn't seem oriented quite the same as the one you were referring to.

Zeta Kai
2010-02-25, 02:12 PM
In any case, I don't remember it being very meta.

Well, I never meta prestige class that I didn't like! :smallbiggrin:

Rauthiss
2010-02-25, 03:40 PM
:wink: (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=7953207&postcount=20)
Hint: Click the smiley.

ericgrau
2010-02-25, 04:47 PM
BAB: half
All Saves: poor
HD: d4
It's the least I could do b/c...

Special Abilities:
Level 1: Metagame. You may speak in and recognize all game terms, as well as understanding, in character, any rules related to anything your character knows about without need for further research.
Level 2: DMPC. You are a DMPC. Redo all other non DM class levels however you see fit, using any magic items within WBL you want, with all rules interpreted according to your interpretation. You may ask the DM anything about the campaign related to your abilities, and adjust them accordingly (only during this redo phase).
Level 3: Railroad. The party only follows plot lines you wish to follow, much like having a paladin in the party.
Level 4: Favored of the DM. Should you die, a deus ex machina saves you or revives you. Should you otherwise be seriously hampered, you are likewise saved. If anyone complains, comment on how this PrC gives such poor stats.
Level 5: You are the DM. Kick him out of his chair and take over the game. "Retire" your PC into an NPC which will give the PCs quests and basically control the campaign world. He immediately gains 5 levels.