PDA

View Full Version : Beginner Game IC

Pages : [1] 2 3

Forever Curious
2010-02-25, 01:14 PM
Ah, the city of Lorsas. Not the greatest of cities but far from the worse (that is, if we're including the necropolii in the Wayward Marshes). Crime is an issue, as it always will be, but otherwise life goes on: shop keepers sell their wares, adventures travel through, and random kolbold armies randomly pilage the unsuspecting.

Wait...

In any event, you find yourself in the Rusted Gryphon tavern, owned and opperated by the "honorable" Rezz Swifthand, a business savvy gnome with an eye for gold. It is here you find yourselves, recently contacted by the bar owner with a "business proposition".

Laen, although you only recently arrived in the city, you are quite familiar with the layout of the city. It was by chance you were contacted, happening to pass by the tavern and catching the gnome's attention.

Kitra, you've been living in the city your entire life, just kind of doing your thing. You're a regular at the Rusted Gryphon, and are on good terms with Rezz, although he's hadly a good friend.

Laen has just entered the establishment, while Kitra already has taken a seat. She knows to be looking out for the elf, having been given an accurate description. However, neither of you have met yet.

Out of character
I'll be posting various out of character comments in spoilers. I would appreciate you doing likewise. At the moment it will be roleplay until the fun starts, so post freely.

Lix Lorn
2010-02-25, 02:01 PM
Laen opened the door to the tavern quietly, looking around cautiously before entering.

Course! ^_^

Forever Curious
2010-02-25, 02:18 PM
Laen: The scene that awaits you is one of a typical tavern scene; various hoodlums, lowlifes, wanna-be heroes, scurvy dogs, wizard school drop-outs, adventurer hacks, and the like sitting at an array of tables drinking, talking, laughing, cursing, and generally having a decent time.

Strawberries
2010-02-25, 02:28 PM
Kitra sits confortably at one of the tables, a mug of ale in one hand. She is surreptitiously scanning the crowd for the person she was told would be in on the job. A silver-haired elf, hmm....

Huh. There he is, just opening the door. She studies him as he looks around before entering. Can't blame him, really. You can never be too careful when entering in a place, expecially in this town. For the moment she just observes him, trying to assess the kind of person she is going to work with

Will do.

Lix Lorn
2010-02-25, 06:53 PM
Laen didn't know exactly who he was looking for, meaning he had to resort to slightly more esotoric means.
A couple of patrons seemed to be looking at him, but only one was gazing intently, a human girl. He looked back, wondering if she was the one he was looking for.

Strawberries
2010-02-25, 07:03 PM
Noticing the elf scanning the room and then focusing on her, Kitra quietly sniggers to herself. He isn't entirely hopless, I'll give him that. 'Course, Rezz wouldn't have approached him if he was.

She gestures with her mug, doing a sort of ironic toast, and motions to the empty seat near her.

Lix Lorn
2010-02-25, 07:08 PM
He blinked slowly to himself, approaching her. As he did, he muttered 'Detect Evil.'

Paranoia. Because the computer is your FRIEND.

Strawberries
2010-02-25, 07:22 PM
As soon as the elf is near enough to hear, Kitra addresses him, keeping a low voice

"Come on, sit down. Half the damn tavern is looking at you."

While I'm not the DM I am fairly sure that your detect evil won't detect anything on me... can't vouch for nearby people though :smallamused:

Lix Lorn
2010-02-25, 08:22 PM
He sat next to her, not responsing, studying her carefully.

Strawberries
2010-02-25, 08:51 PM
"Aren't we sir Talkative" she mutters under her breath. "I'm Kitra. Pleased to meet you" she tilts her head to one side, taking the opportunity to study him, too. ""Has Rezz mentioned me? "

A bit of a bigger character description, then. Kitra's eyes are hazel, and she has chestnut brown hair, which she wears braided, with a leather headbend. Phisically she is not very remarkable. Her most prominent feature is the scar on her left temple. It doesn't look like a cut from a sword, more like her head was bashed against something. She is wearing leather armour at the moment, and while her weapons aren't prominently on display, you can see that she is well armed.

Forever Curious
2010-02-25, 08:53 PM
As Laen scans the tavern, he detects no evil from the girl. However, he does detect an overall evil presence. The aura is faint, but it is clear the majority of the patrons are not to be trusted.

Few of the ruffians pay any mind to the elf, not thinking him as a champion of good (I mean, really? Where's your shining golden breastplate?). Those that do simply slip occasional glances, chuckling amongst their assorted cliques.

Lix Lorn
2010-02-26, 03:30 AM
"My name is Laen. I was told that you would be here." he said, nodding politely.

Strawberries
2010-02-26, 01:00 PM
"Laen" she seems to be assessing the name to see if it reminds her of something "And you aren't from around here, not that I can see. What do you drink? Ale?"

Forever Curious
2010-02-26, 01:32 PM
Kitra can't tell much about the elf from his actions, but can tell he has nothing to hide.

Lix Lorn
2010-02-26, 02:10 PM
"Ale would be fine, thank you." he said automatically.
Hmm. Seems a nice enough sort... He thought.

Strawberries
2010-02-26, 04:37 PM
Talk about not taking a hint... maybe the direct approach will be better.

Kitra motions to one of the serving girls for another ale.

"So" she starts without preamble "If Rezz contacted you, it means you can handle yorself. So, what exactly is your thing? Are you a mercenary?"

Lix Lorn
2010-02-26, 05:12 PM
"I'm a hunter from the Platinum Guard." he said.

If his background calls for any MORE classes i'm going to cry. Oh, and i dunno how well known the Platinum Guard would be-DM's call. XD Of course. Depends how far away from his temple he is.

Forever Curious
2010-02-26, 05:18 PM
The Platinum Guard is known throughout the world as an organization for good. Of course, many people are used to the traditional Platinum Guards: loud, charismatic beacons as opposed to Laen's style. Of course, the guard in general is more against big evil: murder, slavery, and evil races, than petty crime.

Strawberries
2010-02-26, 05:35 PM
At the elf's words, Kitra stiffens imperceptibly, studying her companion more closely. The mention of the platinum guard makes her unconfortable. While she recognizes that they usually tend to operate for good, she has seen enough zealots to be wary of a member of said organization.

"Odd then, that you are here" she says flippantly, hiding her disconfort."This isn't where I would expect to find one of your kind"

Lix Lorn
2010-02-26, 06:29 PM
"What do you mean by here?" he said, studying her face.

Strawberries
2010-02-27, 02:51 AM
She laughs, sounding genuinely amused "Oh, sweetheart, you mean you haven't noticed what kind of place this is?" she makes a little gesture to encompass the other patrons "People around here aren't exactly temple material, in case you were wondering"

Lix Lorn
2010-02-27, 09:07 AM
"I had noticed that." he said dourly.

Strawberries
2010-02-27, 09:49 AM
"You had, eh? It isn't as if it required special insight" dear gods above and below, what does it take to get him to say more than one sentence? "Well, why are you here, then?"

Lix Lorn
2010-02-27, 09:55 AM
"I was informed of a job there was for me. It was on the way back." he said simply.

Strawberries
2010-02-27, 10:33 AM
"Oh? And you accepted a job in a seedy part of the town, just because of it?" she shakes her head in wonder "My opinion of the Platinum Guard may have just decreased another bit"

Lix Lorn
2010-02-27, 10:38 AM
"You will not insult my colleagues without a good cause." he snapped.

Strawberries
2010-02-27, 11:03 AM
"Sweetheart, I've got a lot of good causes, believe me" she sighs and finishes her ale. Why me? Why did Rezz have to hire a damn paladin?
"Anyway, you are here, and we are going to work togheter, so let me get one thing straight" she looks him in the eyes "I don't care if you are a mighty paladin. I was born in this city. I know how it works. If we are going to take this job I won't have you charging ahead without thinking of the consequences. There are balances here you have no idea of. Do we have a deal?"

Hey, my +7 knowledge "local" has to be useful somehow, no? :smallwink: Also, sorry Lix, but given my character's chosen profession, she has to be a bit suspicious of you. Nothing personal :smallbiggrin:

Lix Lorn
2010-02-27, 11:18 AM
He stared at her for a moment.
"And i have to rely that you will not drop our mission to loot the city, agreed?"

None taken. XD If she could see his character sheet... move silently and a bow. XD

Strawberries
2010-02-27, 11:25 AM
Kitra relaxes noticeably "I won't take offense to that, because you don't know me yet. But I’m not that type of person, despite the company I keep"

She will have to learn the hard way :smallwink:

Lix Lorn
2010-02-27, 11:28 AM
"Then i would appreciate it if you would give me the same leeway." he said, calming down.

Ooh, the sexual tension in the air! (Shot)

Strawberries
2010-02-27, 11:53 AM
"Very well" Now that we have the formalities out of the way, perhaps he will be a little less tight-lipped "While we wait for Rezz to come, if you have ever heard of the expression "idle chatter", now would be a good time for it. So, what brought you in Lorsas, in the first place?"

Lix Lorn
2010-02-27, 12:01 PM
"I was on a mission for the Guard." he said.

Strawberries
2010-02-27, 12:12 PM
"No, it seems you really don't know what the term means" If he keeps this up I will have to smack him over the head. Or possibly stab him. Where the hell is Rezz? "And where exactly are you from?"

Lix Lorn
2010-02-27, 12:19 PM
"I grew up in Uxhaven. I became a paladin because of the huge amounts of crime and death i saw around me." he said.

Strawberries
2010-02-27, 12:41 PM
Finally, an umprompted information! Wonders will never cease! "I assure you that isn't the best of solutions. But you wouldn't listen to me anyway. I'm surprised you grew up in a city, you being an elf. I grew up in this cesspit, too. A lot of the elves I know would give anything to move out in the woods again"

Lix Lorn
2010-02-27, 01:41 PM
"The woods are nice, in their own way." he said.

Forever Curious
2010-02-27, 02:00 PM
Ooh, character development! Also, feel free to make up names of cities and such areas that are relevant to backstory.

"Ah, my friends!" calls a nasally voice. You recognize it as the voice of Rezz, the man responsible for your being here. He is quite short (even for a gnome, no more than 4' by observation) and is dressed in a simply brown shirt and breeches. The only evidence of his wealth are the several rings that adorn his fingers: gold bands with a rainbow of jewels. "I apologize for the delay. I had some business to attend to." The gnome quickly takes a seat, and seconds later a half elf serving girl brings a round of ale. "So, I trust you two have been acquainted?"

Lix Lorn
2010-02-27, 02:35 PM
Laen merely nodded.

Strawberries
2010-02-27, 09:33 PM
"Hi, Rezz" Kitra's tone is friendly, but a bit guarded. She knows what sort of person Rezz is: you don't become a prosperous tavern owner in this part of town without having your hands in a few shady deals ."What's this about, then?"

Forever Curious
2010-02-28, 12:56 AM
Rezz sighed and sipped his ale. "I hear Scourge is readying for trouble..." laments the gnome sadly.

Kitra knows from experience that Scourge and his "gang" (a ragtag scrabble who follow him through fear) have delusions of running the slums, and pass their time bullying business into paying for "protection".

Laen hasn't been around to know much about Scourge, except that he's bad news.

Strawberries
2010-02-28, 03:30 AM
Kitra sighs “So what else is new.” she takes a sip from her ale “One of this days he is going to step on some bigger fish’s feet, and that would be the last we ever hear from him. What’s he doing now?”

Lix Lorn
2010-02-28, 06:42 AM
"Scourge... a gang leader?" he assumed.

Strawberries
2010-02-28, 07:46 AM
She scoffs, a sound half between amusement and contempt "Right. In his dreams. He fancies himself king of the slums, but he is small potatoes, really. The only ones that take him seriously are the band of morons that follow him. Still, he is trouble."

Lix Lorn
2010-02-28, 11:19 AM
He nodded. "And you want us to... do what?"

Forever Curious
2010-02-28, 12:53 PM
Rezz grins slyly. "Well, he 'stepped on a bigger fish's toes', as you put it. Mine to be exact," he takes another sip of ale. "Had the audacity to run his gang in here, threatening me. Me!" He shakes his head. "Look, I know he's full of it, but i'm genuinely worried. You know the "honorable" City Guard has given up down here, so I have to resort to hiring anyone I can. In this case, you two." The gnome reaches into his pocket and pulls out a small pouch. "Here's my proposition: take this up front, find Scourge and rough him up a bit, then you get more. Savvy?"

Lix Lorn
2010-02-28, 01:05 PM
"Do you want him dead?" asked Laen.
He figured Rezz himself was a problem he'd deal with some other time.

Forever Curious
2010-02-28, 01:24 PM
The gnome shrugged. "I just want to show him not to mess with me. If you want to kill the bastard, that's on your hands."

Lix Lorn
2010-02-28, 01:26 PM
Laen nodded, formulating a plan.

Strawberries
2010-02-28, 03:03 PM
"You know I don't like this sort of jobs, Rezz" she really didn't fancied to be employed as a thug, and certainly she didn't like killing people "Still, Scourge is a low-life scum, who's had it coming for a bit, now. I suppose I could make an exception"

Forever Curious
2010-02-28, 03:15 PM
Rezz nods, smiling. "I'm glad you're willing to help me out here." A server walks over and whispers something in the gnome's ear before walking off. "And now if you'll excuse me, I must be off." Rezz stands and hurriedly walks off, leaving the pouch on the table in front of you.

Strawberries
2010-02-28, 03:18 PM
Kitra watches the gnome leave for a moment, then picks up the pouch and looks inside

Forever Curious
2010-02-28, 03:23 PM
The pouch is full of gold coins, totaling 100 gp.

Strawberries
2010-02-28, 03:41 PM
Will you look at that. Rezz really wants this dealt with" she pockets half of the sum, handing the rest to Laen "What do you say, paladin? Fifty fifty is a fair deal. Or do you just work for the forces of good to triumph?" she sais, a bit mockingly

Do I know where to find Scourge, or any other useful information? If you want, I can make a knowledge (local) check

Lix Lorn
2010-02-28, 03:42 PM
"Fifty-fifty would be fine." he said.

Forever Curious
2010-02-28, 03:44 PM
Do I know where to find Scourge, or any other useful information? If you want, I can make a knowledge (local) check

This is indeed what I want. Either Knowledge (local) or Gather Information will reveal (with any luck) his location.

Strawberries
2010-02-28, 03:58 PM
Okay, here goes nothing. 1d20+7

((Edit aargh, I messed up something. I'm trying again in the next post))

Strawberries
2010-02-28, 04:01 PM
[roll0] for a knowledge-local check. Let's hope this works

Edit. Yay! Any idea what went wrong in the previous post?

Forever Curious
2010-02-28, 04:07 PM
Yeah, Mythweavers does it differently. Nice roll, by the way.

Kitra knows that Scourge typically lurks in an old crypt on the outskirts of the slums (and how to get to said crypt). Further, you've heard talk that he keeps it rigged with traps but no actual guards.

Strawberries
2010-02-28, 04:21 PM
"Right. Here's a few things you may want to know. I know how to get to Scourge, so just follow me and you'll be fine. Moreover he likes to keep his place full of traps. Perhaps because he knows that he can't count on any of those morons not to sleep on the job." She looks at her companion again "Were you serious in wanting to kill him? Thought your types were for due process and all that jazz"

Lix Lorn
2010-02-28, 05:04 PM
"The Platinum Dragon believes that action is better than words." he replied. "If i insisted on 'due process', nothing would ever get done in His name."

I own one (1) sourcebook. DRAGONS!

Strawberries
2010-02-28, 05:16 PM
Kitra blinks "I don't like to kill people. Not that he doesn't deserve it, but still... " she shrugs a little "Very well, first let's get to him, then we'll address this problem. Do you need something, or should we go?"

Lix Lorn
2010-02-28, 05:39 PM
"If someone needs to die, there is no dishonour in killing them." he said. "And yes. Let us go."

Forever Curious
2010-02-28, 05:41 PM
And so the duo departs the tavern, the patrons barely giving them a second thought.

Night has fallen and a cool breeze sweeps through the city, blowing scraps of paper and other discarded material. You see few people outside.

Strawberries
2010-02-28, 05:56 PM
Kitra walks in silence, as if lost in thought. However, she is aware of the danger of the city at night, and she is paying close attention to her surroundings. Can't hurt to be careful, in this part of the town - while she knows almost all the members of the slums lowlife society, and is generally left alone, there are always the oddballs. Or people who keep grudges.

And, since I guess it can't hurt, either [roll0] [roll1]

Lix Lorn
2010-02-28, 05:58 PM
Laen followed her, not speaking either, merely planning the best way to go about it.

How do you do those dice things? Oh, and Why did you abandon the Freeform, FC? (Haha too lazy for full name)

Forever Curious
2010-02-28, 06:28 PM
Dice rolling is as follows: xdy+z (x being # of dice, y being # of sides, and z being any modifiers). I left because Scratch's personality was having no personality, and that grew old for me

Lix Lorn
2010-02-28, 06:31 PM
Thanks. Uh. Couldn't you give him a personality? Wake up 'personality circuits' or something? We only have three people now. DXD

Forever Curious
2010-03-01, 01:09 PM
Kitra can hear and see nothing out of the ordinary or threatening. Just a simple night in the slums.

Strawberries
2010-03-01, 02:48 PM
Kitra keeps walking, adjusting her pace so that she can walk beside Laen. She speaks in a low voice, as to avoid eavesdroppers.

"Right then. Time for some planning. As I was saying it’s fairly certain that we’ll run into traps. That means you can’t go charging in, you will have to leave those to me. I’m not sure what we’ll find when we are actually inside, but I would prefer not to announce our presence with horns and trumpets. So I need you to be quiet"

Lix Lorn
2010-03-01, 04:25 PM
He nodded.
"I can sense evil presences-although, if he has hired mercenaries, i do not think i could feel them." he said. "Nonetheless, it may give us some warning as to any numbers we don't know about."

Strawberries
2010-03-02, 12:23 PM
"It's a deal, then. I take care of the traps, you watch out for Scourge and his thugs, and we both keep eyes and ears open "He agrees? Huh. That's odd.

Lix Lorn
2010-03-02, 01:15 PM
"It's a fair plan." he said. "How far is it?"

Strawberries
2010-03-02, 01:36 PM
"The place is an abandoned crypt, just on the border of the slums. Thinks it makes him more scary, the moron"

And we'll have to wait for our DM to tell us how far it actually is. Sorry :smalltongue::smallwink:

Lix Lorn
2010-03-02, 03:38 PM
He nodded. "Right."

Forever Curious
2010-03-02, 08:15 PM
After about half an hour of twisting through alleys and side streets you find yourself at the gates of a sober looking graveyard. The crescent moon overhead thinly illuminates the cemetery, everburning torches making up for what the moon lacks. The gates are wide open, as if to invite any and all to walk among the tombs. Scourge's crypt is located on the other side of the yard.

Strawberries
2010-03-03, 01:37 AM
That's the place. The crypt is over there. From now on, we'll need to be quiet and on our guard.

Lix Lorn
2010-03-03, 03:51 AM
Laen nodded.
"Detect Evil." he muttered quietly.

Anything?

Forever Curious
2010-03-03, 11:03 AM
The only evil the paladin can sense is a faint aura coming from the distance, coming from the crypt.

As you approach the crypt, a man clad in a long white cloak with the hood down walks slowly passed you, giving you a slow nod and a smile. The man himself appears to be 20 to 30 years old with long braided black hair.

Lix Lorn
2010-03-03, 01:23 PM
Laen blinked.
Something was wrong here.

Awwman that was him, wasn't it. XD

Forever Curious
2010-03-03, 01:32 PM
You tell me. :smalltongue: Perhaps you should confront him.

Strawberries
2010-03-03, 02:16 PM
Here I am :smalltongue:. Do I recognize the man?

Forever Curious
2010-03-03, 02:20 PM
Although Kitra has never seen Scourge face to face, the man does not match any thing you've heard of him.

You (Kitra) know(s) that Scourge is a half orc who wears red leather armor and totes a large ax.

Strawberries
2010-03-03, 02:39 PM
Hiding her surprise, Kitra returns the nod. She didn't expect to find anyone there. However, she doesn't attempt to begin a conversation It's possible that he came here for buisness. In a way, so did we.

Lix Lorn
2010-03-03, 03:39 PM
Laen gave Kitra a sidelong, questioning glance.

Strawberries
2010-03-03, 03:46 PM
Hoping that the paladin gets her meaning, Kitra shakes her head almost imperceptibly, to indicate that the man isn't the person they are looking for.

Edit: If the man doesn't stop to talk I wanted to make some hide and move silently checks, when we are at a reasonable distance from the crypt. And I'd really like to start searching for traps. Should I roll now or are we still too far away?

Lix Lorn
2010-03-03, 03:57 PM
He blinked slowly, beginning to use more care in his movement as they approached.

Move Silently for him too. xD

Forever Curious
2010-03-03, 05:37 PM
The man proceeds on his way without a word.

Kitra's Move Silently [roll0]
Lean's Move Silently [roll1]

And unless you're actively trying to hide behind something, you can't make Hide checks. But just so I don't have to do it later...

Kitra's Hide [roll2]
Laen's Hide [roll3]

Kitra and Laen proceed quietly toward the crypt, although Kitra's gear makes it more than a little difficult. In short time they arrive at the large marble sepulcher, which appears unguarded. However, who knows what strange devices Scourge could have rigged...

Lix Lorn
2010-03-03, 05:47 PM
Len ghosted along, looking around him carefully.

Which i guess means a spot check? XD

Forever Curious
2010-03-03, 05:52 PM
Unfortunately, Spot can't find traps: only a Rouge can do that. But it couldn't hurt...

Laen's Spot [roll0]

And for our rougey girl...

Kitra's Search [roll1]

Neither of the party can see anything out of place: the crypt is a medium size grey marble building with patches of moss growing about the base. Several bushes are scattered about it's proximity.

Lix Lorn
2010-03-03, 05:58 PM
Laen looked at her, making a motion with his head, meaning 'Do we go on?'

Strawberries
2010-03-03, 06:00 PM
Aaarg for dreadful rolls! :smallyuk:.

Remembering that her companion doesn't know what Scourge looks like, Kitra stops to whisper to Laen "We are looking for an half orc. Shouldn't be difficult to find, he likes to wear bright red armor. Are you ready to go inside?".

Lix Lorn
2010-03-03, 06:01 PM
He nodded, unslinging his bow from his back, just in case.

Strawberries
2010-03-03, 06:03 PM
You ninjaed me

Kitra readies her crossbow as well, proceding inside

Lix Lorn
2010-03-03, 06:09 PM
He followed her, tapping her shoulder, trying to indicate that he should go first, likely being slightly tougher.

Forever Curious
2010-03-03, 06:10 PM
http://i983.photobucket.com/albums/ae316/bass-man9712/its_a_trap.jpg

As you approach the entrance, a barrage of metal shards fly from an innocent looking bush right toward you.

Fusillade of Darts
Attack
[roll0] against Kitra ([roll1] darts)
[roll]1d20+10[roll] against Laen ([roll2] darts)

Damage
[roll3] against Kitra (per dart)
[roll4] against Laen (per dart)

Strawberries
2010-03-03, 06:10 PM
Kitra nods, making way for him

[EDIT] And that's mainly because I can't find any IC reason for not going inside. I hope the traps aren't too nasty... :smalltongue:

Strawberries
2010-03-03, 06:17 PM
:smalleek: ehm....so did we die?

Lix Lorn
2010-03-03, 06:18 PM
ohmigod. What do i do? Reflex?

Forever Curious
2010-03-03, 06:21 PM
Sorry for double post.

Confirm Crit [roll0]

Forever Curious
2010-03-03, 06:24 PM
And the attack for Laen didn't work. Trying again.

[roll0]

Um...well technically Kitra got hit by a double critical, which means instant death. HOWEVER, the damage would have killed you anyway :smallfrown:

No, Lix. If the attack roll exceeds your AC, you take damage. otherwise, you don't.

EDIT: ...yeah. You both die a horrible shrapnel ridden death.

Strawberries
2010-03-03, 06:29 PM
Oh. That's... anticlimactic. And I'm the mistress of understatements :smallfrown:

Forever Curious
2010-03-03, 06:32 PM
...um...yeah...I'm sorry...I'm as sad as you guys are.

EDIT: BUT WAIT! Using my amazing DM powers you each only take damage from one dart! Meaning:

Kitra, you take 10 damage (the critical still stands) :smallfrown:

Laen, you take 5 damage.

RESUME THE GAME!

Strawberries
2010-03-03, 06:39 PM
Thanks, mighty DM!
Just a minute...I have to go check the rules (checks rules)...

...so, I'm unconscious, right?

Lix Lorn
2010-03-03, 06:40 PM
Laen cried out in pain, before seeing Kitra out of the corner of his eye, and deperately trying to think of something he could do.
"Do you have any healing?" he asked, desperate.

Thisisbad. XD Thank you, great one.

Strawberries
2010-03-03, 06:53 PM
The pieces of sharpnel have hit Kitra fully, causing her to crumple on the ground, unable to answer

Yes, I'm pretty sure I'm unconscious. Sorry, Lix

Lix Lorn
2010-03-03, 06:56 PM
I know, he didn't. Don't you think it's funny (lolsob funny not haha funny) that you live to a larger negative number than you have hit points?

Realising she was unconscious, Laen went over to her carefully, before checking to see if she had any healing items.

Strawberries
2010-03-03, 07:00 PM
Yep, even if I'd say, at the moment, I'm more grateful for it than anything :smalltongue: :smallbiggrin:. And nope, no healing items, sorry again

Lix Lorn
2010-03-03, 07:02 PM
Well, we're screwed. Unless i can retroactively spend money on healing items. DXD

Strawberries
2010-03-03, 07:07 PM
I think that you can try to make an Heal check http://www.d20srd.org/srd/skills/Heal.htm. The modifier is your wisdom bonus.

Lix Lorn
2010-03-03, 07:11 PM
Ohyeah. Mundane healing. DXD I can do that.
He concentrated, beginning to gather his wits about him.
"Think..." he muttered. Then it hit like a thunderbolt-bandage it, you idiot!

He started looking for something to use, before coming to the conclusion that a part of his robe was most logical.

Forever Curious
2010-03-03, 07:52 PM
My apologies for the delay. Yes, you can attempt a Heal check to stabilize Kitra, meaning she'll stop losing hit points. However, to have her regain hit points, you'll need magic and/or a few days time.

Laen's Heal check [roll0]

...it's official. God does not want you two to life. Thankfully, I'm the god here. Consider your check made.

The years of watching the clerics at Bahamut's holy temple have prepared Laen well, it seems. He manages to bandage Kitra's wounds (with little damage to his robes). The question is, what to do now?

Luckily, there's a temple of St. Cuthbert just a few minutes walk from the graveyard. Maybe that sack of gold Rezz gave you can be put to good use...

Lix Lorn
2010-03-04, 03:53 AM
He gave a sigh of relief, before trying to think where the nearest place of healing was. He seemed to remember a temple of St. Cuthbert nearby... he'd have to carry her.

Please be nice, dice... DX Do i need some kind of test to carry her? O_o

Forever Curious
2010-03-04, 07:05 AM
Normally I'd ask for a Stregnth check, but seeing how the dice have been falling... no dice roll needed.

With some effort Laen manage to sling the rouge over his shoulder with a little effort, moving slowly as not to hurt her more.

Lix Lorn
2010-03-04, 08:04 AM
Laen grunted slightly, lifting her as carefully as he could, and setting off for the temple.

Appreciated. DXD (Sweatdrop)

Forever Curious
2010-03-04, 08:13 AM
After some time, Laen arrives at the Temple of St. Cuthbert, a tall cathedral-like building. The doors are closed, but you know that temples are always open to serve those in need.

Lix Lorn
2010-03-04, 08:34 AM
He laid her gently on the ground, before knocking on the door rapidly.

Forever Curious
2010-03-04, 07:12 PM
After a moment, the door opens a crack and a stooped man in priest's robes poked his head out. "Who knocks upon these holy doors?" he asks scornfully, looking over the team with a sour grimace. "This is no place for scum such as you, be gone!"

As you well know, Laen doesn't look very...paladin-y.

I recommend Diplomacy. You can roll it if you'd like

Lix Lorn
2010-03-04, 07:36 PM
"Pardon me." he said, bowing slightly. "My friend desperately needs your help..."

[roll0] EDIT: OHCOMEON

Forever Curious
2010-03-04, 07:40 PM
...best...campaign...ever.

The priest stares at you, almost in shock. "And who are you that St. Cuthbert should tend to you?!" he screeches, clearly not pleased.

Strawberries
2010-03-05, 01:27 AM
:smalleek: okay, who gathered bad karma recently? Because I try to be a nice person in real life... :smalltongue:

Lix Lorn
2010-03-05, 06:20 AM
I think the dice gods are punishing me for playing a character against my nature. O_o

"My name is Laen." he said bowing slightly and wincing. "I am a paladin of the Platinum Guard."
He reached inside his robe to show them his holy symbol.

I hope St Cuthbert and bahamut get on. O_o

Forever Curious
2010-03-05, 06:40 AM
I this world they do :smallbiggrin: They're both Lawful Good, so yeah...

The priest's eyes lock on the holy symbol, his face flushing."T-the Platinum G-guard!? he exclaims, quickly pulling the doors open. "I-I apologize, my liege. P-Please make use of our h-humble temple."

Lix Lorn
2010-03-05, 07:24 AM
Thank Garyx. (Grin)

"My thanks." he said, reaching down to pick Kitra up again and take her inside.

Forever Curious
2010-03-05, 11:37 AM
You enter the temple and are quickly ushered by the priest to a private room. "I'm sorry for jumping to conclusions, sir. It's just...the slumfolk have been poking about more and more. The temple's been on edge for days." He indicates a small bed. "Please lay her down so that I may tend to her."

Lix Lorn
2010-03-05, 12:19 PM
He put her down carefully. "It doesn't matter now. Just help, please."

Forever Curious
2010-03-05, 12:30 PM
The priest nodded and, drawing forth his holy symbol and chanting as he imbues Kitra with holy light. if you know what I mean...

Kitra's eyes fly open as she is fully healed. he then does the same to Laun, healing him as well.

Strawberries
2010-03-05, 12:37 PM
Kitra jolts to a sitting position.

"What happened? Were we attacked?"

Then, as she takes a moment to assessing her surroundings

"Is this the temple? How did I get here?"

Yay!

Lix Lorn
2010-03-05, 12:39 PM
"Darts." he said simply, turning to the priest. "Thank you. If there is anything i can do for you, i will endeavor to make time for it."

Forever Curious
2010-03-05, 12:44 PM
The priest bows humbly. "And I you sir. In fact..." He reaches into his robes and presents 3 small vials. "The road ahead might be dangerous. Take these potions. And please remember, you can always find sanctuary here."

You got 3 potions of Cure Light Wounds(s)

Strawberries
2010-03-05, 01:02 PM
Huh. I guess there are some advantages in working with a paladin after all.

Kitra gives the elf a quick look over. "Darts, eh? It seems you got your share, too. Are you alright?

Then, turning to the priest "Thanks for the healing, by the way" she doesn't sound completely sincere. I bet if it wasn't for the paladin, they would have left me to bleed to death on the doorstep. Pompous idiots, the lot of them

Lix Lorn
2010-03-05, 01:05 PM
"My thanks." he said, bowing low. "I'm alright, Kitra. Now, are you?"

Strawberries
2010-03-05, 01:24 PM
I'm fine, thanks. And thanks for having brought me here. Half of the people in the slums wouldn't have, you know". She grins at him "Seems you being a paladin is't such a bad thing, after all"

Lix Lorn
2010-03-05, 01:25 PM
He smiled slightly. "Thank you. You seem... nice, for a rogue."

Forever Curious
2010-03-05, 01:34 PM
"Please don't think me rude, but could you see yourselves out?" The priest leaves the room, leaving you two alone.

Lix Lorn
2010-03-05, 01:36 PM
He nodded, standing up with a slight wince. "What now?"

Strawberries
2010-03-05, 01:50 PM
"First of all we leave here. And don't give me that "I'm alright" crap, when you obviously are not. Jeez, you couldn't have gotten the priest to heal you too, since you were at it?"

She frowns at him, hopping down from the bed

"And it seems we underestimated Scourge. The man is an idiot, but a prepared idiot. I blame myself, really. Shouldn't have fallen for that innocent-looking entrance. Won't happen next time"

Sorry for the wall of text. Kitra has a tendence to talk your ears off :smallbiggrin:

Lix Lorn
2010-03-05, 01:56 PM
It'd be hard for them to be any MORE opposite. One would have to be an evil team player. XD

"I was distracted." he admitted.

Forever Curious
2010-03-05, 02:39 PM
Oh, you both were healed. I edited the post. My apologies :smalltongue:

And thus do the team leave the temple, once again headed toward the graveyard and certain death...apparently.

Lix Lorn
2010-03-05, 02:42 PM
"So what's the plan this time?" he said, still feeling a little sore.

Thankyooou, great Master DM! (Bows)

Strawberries
2010-03-05, 02:51 PM
"Hmm, I haven't got much of a plan, except "Keep our eyes more open this time" she winces a little, embarassed "Perhaps you have something to suggest?"

Lix Lorn
2010-03-05, 03:11 PM
"Unfortunately, that's the best idea i had." he said dryly.

Forever Curious
2010-03-05, 03:15 PM
As you approach the crypt you notice a small figure crouching besides the bush where the trap came from. You can here it muttering angrily to itself. The person (a halfling by the looks of it) is dressed in a black tunic with a sword at his side.

Strawberries
2010-03-05, 03:21 PM
"Quiet, now. That could be interesting" she whispers, stopping him and trying to remain unnoticed

Dare I roll a Listen check?

Forever Curious
2010-03-05, 03:25 PM
You can try... go go Listen check!
Kitra [roll0]
Laen [roll1]
Edit: Oh...my god! You rolled above a 5!:smallbiggrin:

Laen's detection indicates that the person is not evil. Listening in, Kitra can hear him saying...
"...by the gods, another bungler trying to get to Scourge. I swear, Scourge is the only crook worth his salt in the whole bloody city. Then again, why ain't he out here fixing his own damn trap?"

Lix Lorn
2010-03-05, 03:25 PM
"Detect Evil." muttered Laen under his breath.

Better you than me. I like at will abilities.

Strawberries
2010-03-05, 03:37 PM
I can't believe it! I think I'm going to cry... :smalltongue:

"One of Scourge crooks" she whisper to the paladin

Lix Lorn
2010-03-05, 04:06 PM
"Probably a mercenary." he whispered back. "I sense no corrupted aura from him."

Forever Curious
2010-03-05, 04:09 PM
The halfling continues about his business, oblivious to your presence.

Lix Lorn
2010-03-05, 04:36 PM
Laen drew his bow, aiming carefully at the halfling.
He whispered to Kitra.
"I'm going to try and get information."

Strawberries
2010-03-05, 04:58 PM
"No need for that, at least for now" Kitra says, stepping nearer "But keep it handy just in case". Then, addressing the halfling "Hey, brother, how's the night going?" Whitout looking too obvious, she keeps an hand near her sword.

Forever Curious
2010-03-05, 05:03 PM
Ooh, direct approach. Risky...

The halfling spins around, quite startled. "Oy, and who're you two?" he asks brashly, not happy about being taken off guard.

Lix Lorn
2010-03-05, 05:07 PM
He pointed the bow down, waiting behind her.

Strawberries
2010-03-05, 05:14 PM
Well, since the stealthy one failed miserably.... and I'm actually hoping in some luck with my bluff checks (I can hear you laughing from here, a continent away...)

"Calm down, mate. We are here for buisness, you know. You work for Scourge, right?"

Forever Curious
2010-03-05, 05:18 PM
Oh God...*braces for epic*

The halfling nods warily. "Ay, lass. What business you revering to?" He looks toward the paladin, not aware of his status of a holy warrior.

hey, you're "not-a-paladin" paladin outfit finally payed off. :smallbiggrin:

Lix Lorn
2010-03-05, 05:23 PM
Laen didn't speak, trying to play the part of some kind of bodyguard or the like.

Armour is not good for a sneaky archer. XD

Strawberries
2010-03-05, 05:26 PM
She laughs "Oh, honey, what sort of buisness do you think there is in this part of the town?" she consciously relax her posture, looking at ease. After all, this is her enviroment, and the sort of people she is used to talk to. "Not the legal sort, of course. And not the sort that can be discussed with anyone"

Out of curiosity, do I know something in which Scourge could be interested?

Forever Curious
2010-03-05, 05:30 PM
Hm...well, Scourge simply wants to be as threatening as possible, with the ultimate goal of taking over the slums. I suggest using your imagination given that.

"You wouldn't be referring to that sort of business, would you?" inquired the halfling, a strange gleam in his eye. "We could always use a bit more of that around here."

Lix Lorn
2010-03-05, 05:34 PM
Laen's eyes flashed, and his bow hand twitched upwards slightly before he forced control over himself.

Strawberries
2010-03-05, 05:37 PM
"Sweetie, it's very possible that's what I'm referring to. It is a pretty big thing. As I said, I can't really talk out here - you know the night has ears around these parts. What do you say we go in and talk directly to the boss?"

Kitra senses the paladin's unease behind her, but doesn't aknowledge it in any way. She is still the picture of confidence Don't give the game away you idiot...

Forever Curious
2010-03-06, 08:38 PM
The halfling nodded, still grinning a rather...strange smile. "Yes yes, let us talk to the boss..." With that, he turns and proceeds to the crypt, motioning for you two to follow. "Keep close now. Wouldn't want ye to step on anything."

By keeping close to the bandit, you can avoid any traps. So no need to Search or anything

Strawberries
2010-03-07, 01:31 AM
Kitra takes a calming breath I sure hope we aren't following him to our doom. Why do I put myself in these affairs?. Before following, she sneaks a glance to the paladin, to make sure he is alright with the turn the events have taken.

Lix Lorn
2010-03-07, 05:23 AM
He blinked slowly, nodding ever so slightly and going to follow them.

Awesome.

Forever Curious
2010-03-07, 08:14 AM
The halfling leads you into the crypt, stepping over the trip wire that triggers the darts. As you enter, the air grows cold and musky, and you get the sense of deep foreboding. Oddly, the tomb is empty of any signs of the dead. Renovations must have taken place...

You are led down a flight of wooden stairs, and the atmosphere changes. Torches line the walls, their light being reflected by random scatters of gold "You like?" ask the halfling, moving closer to Kitra. "Your timing's a bit funny though. The rest of the boys are out on their runs, Just me an Scourge tonight."

Strawberries
2010-03-07, 08:20 AM
"Very cozy" Kitra replies with a straight face, looking around as best as she can for potential troubles. She isn't about to take anything the halfling says at face value.

Forever Curious
2010-03-07, 08:23 AM
In short time you reach a door adorned with various locks. The halfling becomes noticeably anxious. "H-here's the boss's office...um, I have to get back to the traps." The bandit quickly runs off, leaving you alone at Scourge's door.

Lix Lorn
2010-03-07, 09:22 AM
As soon as the halfling was gone, Laen looked at her.
"How should we do this?" he asked quietly.

Strawberries
2010-03-07, 09:22 AM
She stops, looking carefully around the area for anything strange. After her near-death experience she isn't about to make the same mistake twice.

*drumroll* [roll0] because this game is making me paranoid. EDIT:OH, I CAN'T BELIEVE IT!

She looks at the paladin "I'd prefer not to kill him, and I don't think is wise to charge in swords drawn. So, just knock?"

Lix Lorn
2010-03-07, 09:34 AM
He nodded, reluctantly putting his bow on his back.
"Detect Evil."

I gave him a colour. Also, how unlucky ARE we? DXD

Forever Curious
2010-03-07, 12:48 PM
Laen's detection indicates there is evil behind the door, and Kitra's hyper-sensitive trap awareness (:smalltongue:) fails to spot any.

Strawberries
2010-03-07, 01:19 PM
Taking a breath, Kitra knocks on the door.

Forever Curious
2010-03-07, 01:21 PM
There's no response.

Strawberries
2010-03-07, 01:27 PM
"Huh. That's odd". Leaning in, Kitra tries her best to listen for possible movements on the other side

[roll0] Edit: whoa. That was unexpected.

Lix Lorn
2010-03-07, 01:34 PM
Laen's hand subconsciously rubbed his bow's grip, desperate for something to happen.

So you know i'm here...

Forever Curious
2010-03-07, 01:58 PM
Oh my God, you rolled over a 5! I'm so proud! And yes, Lix, I know you're here.

Kitra hears a strange growling sound from the other side of the door, but no movement. Almost as if some large creature was snoring...

Strawberries
2010-03-07, 02:03 PM
She whispers "Hear that? Either he has some large dog, or he is sleeping. Let's see if this door is locked, shall we? But try to be quiet" Kitra reaches out and attempts to open the door.

Obviously, I'm going to roll a 1... [roll0] EDIT Oh.My.God. And I dorgot to actually try to open the door...fixed now

Forever Curious
2010-03-07, 02:07 PM
Look out, Kitra's on a roll today! Also, I'll give you a free Search Check [roll0]

As you examine the door, you notice a small device connected to the lock. By looking through the keyhole you see a string that leads into the room, but cannot tell what it does or where it goes.

Here's a hint: http://cdn1.knowyourmeme.com/i/1383/original/Admiral-Ackbar-trap.jpg

Strawberries
2010-03-07, 02:17 PM
I could tell :smalltongue:. Thanks for the free Search check. And I realized I could have avoided a lot of complications had I remembrered I could take 20 on my search checks....*facepalm**headdesk*:smallredface:

Kitra halts in the act of reaching out, going very still. "Watch out, it's a trap" she whispers to the paladin.

What can I do? Disable device?

Forever Curious
2010-03-07, 02:27 PM
...yeah...but I'm pretty sure 20 on Search takes a long time, and I'm honestly not sure if you can...

As for Disable Device [roll0]

Nice roll. Feel free to RP it.

Lix Lorn
2010-03-07, 02:44 PM
"Another trap?" he muttered. "I sensed something evil in there... at least one."

do i know how many?

Strawberries
2010-03-07, 02:47 PM
Kitra motions the paladin to stay back. No need for him to get hurt if I fumble again. Crouching down, she runs her fingers along the device, looking for the tell-tale bump of the triggering mechanism. Aha!. She works with the utmost concentration. A couple of seconds later, she has managed to block the mechanism so as to avoid the triggering of the trap. She relaxes, standing up again and brushing the dirt from her legs.

"Should be safe now" Or I could be mistaken and leading us to our deaths...but life is full of wonders.

I'll continue rolling my Search, then, or I'll ask you so you can decide on a case-by-case basis

Forever Curious
2010-03-07, 02:48 PM
Your sensors indicate one evil aura behind the door.

Lix Lorn
2010-03-07, 02:54 PM
"Is it safe to go in?" he asked.

Strawberries
2010-03-07, 02:59 PM
"As I said, should be." She smiles You can never fully tell. After you, sweetheart"

Lix Lorn
2010-03-07, 03:01 PM
"Are we going in ready to attack?" he asked.

Strawberries
2010-03-07, 03:04 PM
She nods. "If he is sleeping,waking him up with a blade to the throat should make him more open to suggestions." She draws her sword.

Lix Lorn
2010-03-07, 03:14 PM
He nodded, getting his bow ready, drawing an arrow, preparing himself to fire at a moments notice.
"Let's go." he said.

Strawberries
2010-03-07, 03:21 PM
Again, she motions for him to be quiet. I guess we'll find out if I am that good of a rogue she thinks, opening the door.

Let's try this again.... move silently [roll0] EDIT: YAY!!

Lix Lorn
2010-03-07, 03:37 PM
He followed after her carefully.

Move silently! +1 for having a rank and +3 for Dex bonus... right? [roll0]

Forever Curious
2010-03-07, 04:41 PM
Impressive rolls, ladies.

You enter the somewhat small room and see your adversary: a large well-built half-orc laying on a bed sound asleep. Various ill gotten gains are strewn about, gold here, silver there, and in the corner sit a suit of red leather armor and a wicked looking great ax.

Strawberries
2010-03-07, 05:04 PM
Kitra walks towards him with the intention of putting the sword to his throat before waking him. Before moving, however, she assesses again the room for possible dangers. Wouldn't put paste him to have some other nasty trick. And I already underestimated him once.

[roll0] . Yes. I'm paranoid. Can you blame me? :smalltongue:

Forever Curious
2010-03-07, 05:06 PM
Damn girl, natural 20!

As Kitra scans the room, she notices the trap that she deactivated: a series of bells and chimes set to go off when the door opens. Other than that, the room is trap free.

Lix Lorn
2010-03-07, 05:14 PM
Laen stood between Scourge and his axe, before pointing his bow at him.

Strawberries
2010-03-07, 05:16 PM
"Room's clean" she mouths to the paladin, motioning for him to follow, before stepping to Scourge's bed. If the half orc doesn't wake up, she is going to carefully position her sword at his throat. She looks at the paladin, smirking.

"What a beautiful night, don't you think, mate?" she says, loud enough to wake the half orc.

Forever Curious
2010-03-07, 05:18 PM
The half orc stirs, slowly opening his eyes. "Wha...?" he groans, before noticing the sword at his throat. Scourge stiffens in fear, looking upat you angrily. "Who do you think you are, wrench!?"

Lix Lorn
2010-03-07, 05:23 PM
Laen didn't speak, but kept his bow ready, leaving the 'diplomacy' to Kitra.

Strawberries
2010-03-07, 05:26 PM
"Me? No one important. Who do you think you are, Scourge?" She moves the sword a little nearer to him "What gave you the impression you owe the slums?"

Forever Curious
2010-03-07, 07:32 PM
Scourge laughed in attempt to hide his fear, but it showed through his eyes. "Ask anyone, you dumb bitch. Me and my boys own you!" With that, the half orc lunges out, attempting to grab at Kitra.

Kitra Attack of Opportunity [roll0]
Damage [roll1]
If attack hits, ignore the rest.

Scourge grab (touch attack) [roll2]
If misses, ignore the rest.

Opposed grapple
Kitra [roll3]
Scourge [roll4]
If Kitra wins, ignore rest

Grapple damage
[roll5]

And if damage is dealt, Kitra is now being grappled.

Luckily for the rogue, Scourge overshot his grab and rolled off his bed, prone of the floor.

Strawberries
2010-03-08, 01:28 AM
"I knew you were a moron, Scourge" Kitra readies herself, trying to attack him with her sword

Here's where the rules become a little fuzzy in my head...does it make sense to roll for initiative here, where the battle has already begun?. Anyway

[roll0] (if not necessary, disregard)

For attacking with my shortsword

[roll1]
[roll2]

Lix Lorn
2010-03-08, 04:52 AM
Laen turned quickly and fired at Scourge.
"Smite Evil!"

Assuming the initiative isn't necessary, or that i do well if it is...
Initiative [roll0]

Attack Roll [roll1] (+3 for Dex, +1 for BAB and +2 for the charisma bonus i get to use cause of Smite Evil.
Damage [roll2]

I knew it wouldn't last.

Forever Curious
2010-03-08, 11:18 PM
Despite having him at your mercy, neither the rogue nor paladin can seem to land a hit. The orc bellows in fury, trying to stand.

For initiative just go Kitra->Laen->Scourge.

Scourge enters a rage, getting buffed for attack.

Kitra's AoO against Scourge [roll0]

Forever Curious
2010-03-08, 11:20 PM
Yay double post! see also...
http://www.halolz.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/07/crit.jpg

Kitra's damage [roll0] x2

Scourge roars out as the blow strikes true, piercing him deeply. But he's far from dead...

Lix Lorn
2010-03-09, 04:42 AM
Laen took a step backwards, and fired a second arrow.

I can do that..? I think.
[roll0] To hit...
[roll1] For damage if i do.
Edit: I hit something! (is Shocked)

Forever Curious
2010-03-09, 06:18 AM
The arrow strikes the half orc's back, lodging in his shoulder.

You can, and yay a hit! Not It's Kitra's turn, then Scourge's

Strawberries
2010-03-09, 12:02 PM
Kitra takes another swing with her sword

[roll0]
[roll1]

Edit: :smallfrown:

Forever Curious
2010-03-09, 05:49 PM
Well, you got max damage...:smalltongue:

Scourge laughs crazily, taking a swing at Kitra.

Unarmed Strike [roll0]
Damage (nonlethal) [roll1]

*Note: nonlethal damage is treated different than hit point loss. When your nonlethal damage is >= your current hit points, you're knocked unconscious until healed.

The rogue crumples unconscious...again.

Lix Lorn
2010-03-09, 05:56 PM
mygo?

Laen cursed, dropping his bow and reaching for the sword at his side.
He ran forwards to attack.

I don't THINK i can get there fast enough to attack, but just in case.
(This is gonna be good and useless now, ent it? XD)
[roll0]
[roll1]
ONE. Told you.

Forever Curious
2010-03-09, 05:59 PM
Nice hit. Damage however...

Scourge winces at the sword strikes him, but the wound is shallow.

Strawberries
2010-03-10, 01:24 AM
Unconscious AGAIN? This is going to be a trend, I can tell... :smalltongue:.
Scourge's turn?

Forever Curious
2010-03-10, 07:54 AM
It's like a running gag, only not funny...:smallsigh:

The half orc whirls around, eyes blazing with hate as he takes a swing at the elf.

Scourge unarmed strike [roll0]
Damage (nonlethal) [roll1]

Forever Curious
2010-03-10, 07:57 AM
...confirm the crit...(1d20+7)[10]

LUCKILY, the crit is not confirmed, so Laen only takes 8 nonlethal damage.

Lix Lorn
2010-03-10, 12:52 PM
So i'm on two. Great. XD

Laen winced, attacking again, knowing it was his only hope.

Attack roll [roll0]
Damage [roll1]
Edit: Well, i'm screwed.

Forever Curious
2010-03-12, 04:52 PM
The half orc let out a gurgling bellow and fell on his face, dead.

Lix Lorn
2010-03-12, 04:57 PM
Laen panted in shock, not moving for a moment, before reaching into his coat for the healing potions, going over to Kitra.

Was that actually a hit, or is it time to give worship to the great DM again?

Forever Curious
2010-03-12, 05:04 PM
Laen panted in shock, not moving for a moment, before reaching into his coat for the healing potions, going over to Kitra.

Was that actually a hit, or is it time to give worship to the great DM again?

Nope, it was a legitimate hit. Remember, he has no armor, and raging reduces your AC.

The potion restores Kitra's health, reviving her instantly.

Lix Lorn
2010-03-12, 05:06 PM
Epic. Praise anyway. XD

He smiled slightly, before taking out a second and drinking it himself.

Strawberries
2010-03-12, 05:13 PM
Kitra opens her eyes

"I can't believe it" she groans "Was I knocked out again?"
Then, spotting the half orc on the floor and getting up "Is he dead? Good job" she says to the paladin "And thanks. Again."

Lix Lorn
2010-03-12, 05:24 PM
He nodded.
"I think that the eyes of the gods were elswehere today." he said, with a slight smile. "It was purely luck. That last attack was only just on target."

Strawberries
2010-03-13, 03:22 AM
"Luck is fine by me, since it got the job done" she rubs the back of her head, where it hit the floor "And I never put too much faith in the gods anyways. So, let's not push our luck and get out of here as soon as we can" she looks around the room "And, if that's all the same to you, I'm going to consider anything around here part of our payment"

Lix Lorn
2010-03-13, 01:56 PM
He nodded.
"Better than leaving it for the next corrupted psychopath. Though, i would greatly prefer it if you did not insult the gods. For a start, they could quite easily kill you."

Search check for valuables? [roll0] +3 for ranks, +2 for Int bonus. Also, haha, He caaares.

Forever Curious
2010-03-13, 02:04 PM
Strewn about the room you find various bags of gems and gold totaling to 1,000 gp. You also find 3 masterwork daggers in addition to Scourge's ax and armor.

Lix Lorn
2010-03-13, 02:18 PM
"Is it worth taking the axe and armour?" he asked.

Strawberries
2010-03-13, 02:23 PM
"Yeah, them and half the people I know" Kitra mutters to herself, helping Laen to search the room. She whistles softly at the amount of gold they found. "Daggers are nice, but I really don't want his armor" she says "Unless you have some use for it?"

EDIT: Ninja!

Lix Lorn
2010-03-13, 02:25 PM
He shook his head, choosing to ignore her comment on the relative powers of those around them.
"No, and it's not worth carrying for how much it's worth, unless it's particularly well crafted. Same for the axe."

Forever Curious
2010-03-13, 02:32 PM
You can't determine the durability and craftsmanship of the gear. To you they look like ordinary equipment.

Strawberries
2010-03-13, 02:35 PM
"Then we are out of here." Kitra says, taking a last look to the room "Remember that that halfling is still about, so if we run into him, try to act as if we didn't just kill his master

Hmm, can I remember the path we took or do I have to roll search checks to avoid the traps?

Forever Curious
2010-03-13, 02:59 PM
...assume you're good.

The two exit the room, taking the daggers and gold. You manage to avoid the traps, remembering the path the halfling led you.

As you exit the crypt, the sun has risen and a thin mist has settled over the graveyard.

Lix Lorn
2010-03-13, 03:21 PM
"So. Now where?" he asked slowly.

Strawberries
2010-03-13, 03:28 PM
No dices! Thanks, DM!

"Are you kidding me? Back to Rezz of course" she answers "We haven't still been paid in full. And before you make some comments about greedy rogues, I know a couple of people that can really use the money. And Rezz won't starve, that's for certain."

Lix Lorn
2010-03-13, 03:54 PM
"A good point." he said, nodding. "And i do wish you'd stop making assumptions. We don't all smite on sight."

Strawberries
2010-03-13, 04:02 PM
In my experience, most of you do" she grumbles, but seems a bit embarassed. Then, she smiles "Good thing you seem to be the exception. Let's go, then, paladin."

Lix Lorn
2010-03-13, 04:07 PM
"Indeed." he said dryly, following.

Strawberries
2010-03-16, 04:27 PM
Kitra walks with a quick pace, anxious to arrive to their destination.
"I wanted to ask you something" she says after a while "When you brought me to the temple, did you have any troubles with the priests there?"

Lix Lorn
2010-03-16, 04:33 PM
"A little." he said. "But when I informed them that i was a member of the Platinum Guard, they helped immediately, and rather well."

Strawberries
2010-03-16, 04:42 PM
She scoffs, and her expression darkens "Figures" she says, without the usual half-mockery. She seems actually angry "They helped you, because you are a paladin. They don't care one bit about the slumfolks " She rubs her scarred temple with one hand, scowling. "Anyway, seems I owe you a big deal. I promise I'll repay you"

Forever Curious
2010-03-16, 04:45 PM
I apologize for the delay. I got a part in my school play, so I've been rather busy lately.

You arrive at the Rusted Gryphon, the sun still low in the sky. Few people are out and about, but the pub is empty and locked, the windows dark within. You know this isn't the kind of early morning place to be, so this isn't unusual.

Lix Lorn
2010-03-16, 04:55 PM
S'ok!
"Think nothing of it." he said. "They mean well, but there aren't enough clerics to heal everyone. Now, do we go in?"

Strawberries
2010-03-16, 04:56 PM
Don't worry, Forever Curious. Character interation is fun, too! :smallsmile:. Congratulation on the part, and you have to tell us which part it is, and which play. Inquiring minds want to know!...

...back to the game. Do I know where can I find Rezz at this hour? I assume he live on the tavern or something like that,so I just have to knock. Am I wrong?

Forever Curious
2010-03-16, 04:59 PM
I'm one of the Company in Annie, meaning I play various minor roles (servants, crowd people, etc.). And yes, just knock. He'll be expecting you...

Strawberries
2010-03-16, 05:05 PM
"Yeah, sure, defend them" she is still scowling. Then, sighing "Rezz should be inside, waiting for us...assuming he hasn't given us up for dead yet". She walks to the door, and knocks.

Lix Lorn
2010-03-16, 05:26 PM
"Well." he said, slightly irritated. "You organise a way to provide free healing to anyone who needs it without the healers becoming exhausted. There are a lot of people and few healers."

Strawberries
2010-03-16, 05:37 PM
She rubs again her temple, tiredly "You seem a decent sort, paladin, and I don't want to quarrel with you" she says "But you haven't lived here all your life. It's always the slumfolk that get the short end of the stick. Believe me, I know."

Lix Lorn
2010-03-16, 05:59 PM
"Of course it is." said Laen. "When was the last time one of them donated to the temples? No, the poor always get the short stick."

cynicism for teh win?

Strawberries
2010-03-16, 06:11 PM
She looks at him, a bit surprised. She clearly did not expect that answer "You understand me then, paladin. And tell me, how does that seem fair to you?" she knocks again, tiptoeing to look from the windows.

Cynicism for teh win, yes. Now I feel compelled to start a social revolution. I will help bring about the first fantasy democracy in history! :smalltongue:. Just kidding.

Lix Lorn
2010-03-16, 06:14 PM
"No." he said, amused at her surprise. "But is there anything we can do?"

ohman we totally should. XD

Forever Curious
2010-03-16, 06:21 PM
Is this a story hook I sense? Hmm...

After you knock on the door, there is a length of silence. Suddenly...

"...I trust the job is finished?" asks a familiar voice from the other side of the door. It is indeed Rezz.

Lix Lorn
2010-03-16, 06:24 PM
Maybe slightly. XD
Laen nodded, before realising there was a door in the way.
"It is done."

Strawberries
2010-03-16, 06:28 PM
Just slightly... but it would be awesome :smallsmile:

"Come on Rezz, open the damn door" she says, clearly annoyed.

Forever Curious
2010-03-24, 05:23 PM
There is silence on the other side of the door, then it opens slowly, the gnome poking his head out. "Actually, there's something that needs to be discussed...please come in." Rezz isn't his usual chipper self. His appearance looks...subdued. Almost as if he were cowering. "There are some...guests that would like to talk to you."

Lix Lorn
2010-03-24, 05:25 PM
Laen looked at Kitra meaningfully.

Strawberries
2010-03-24, 05:27 PM
"Damn it" Kitra murmurs again, putting a hand on the pommel of her sword. Then, taking a breath "All right, Rezz, we'll deal with this"