PDA

View Full Version : Gestalt Marksman//Fighter Build

Thalnawr
2010-02-25, 05:03 PM
Ok, so I'm using the Marksman base class from Untapped Potential in a gestalt build, and was looking for some suggestions.

If you don't have this book, it's basically a full BAB psychic class, has a good reflex and will save, d6 HD, light armor prof, 4+Int skill points per, and is focused on ranged weapons. At higher levels it gets combat style choices, based on either crossbows, bows, or thrown weapons. It also gets a power point reserve, and a limited list to manifest (up to 5th level powers, mostly from the PsyWar list, and some new ones from Hyperconscious and the book it's in).

Some rules of creation.

1) All sources except setting specific books that are owned by someone in the group are available, but subject to GM approval. And I own most of the non-setting specific books published. No Dragon Magazine either.

2) 46 point buy (I dunno, but I'll take it!)

3) Up to 2 flaws (so far I've got Non-Combatant) and 2 traits

4) 1st level, MAX class starting wealth x 10 (but no magic items available on creation, best we can have is masterwork crap)

5) It's a funky futuristic setting, with lasers, plasma rifles, rocket launchers and all sorts of other things. I checked with him, and he'll allow the crossbow style tree to be used with solid projectile style handguns and rifles.

6) The other side of the gestalt must be a UA Generic class, and I chose Warrior. (Edit: Not Fighter like the title says, but I didn't wanna be laughed off the Playground)

So, with that in mind, Playgrounders work your magic (or psycho optimization-fu in this case).

Glimbur
2010-02-25, 06:12 PM
Is Warrior really your best move here? You already get full BAB from Marksman, you might be better served with Expert. Or Spellcaster, but that's not the character you are looking to build.

Thalnawr
2010-02-25, 07:01 PM
I'm piling on feats. Expert would be ok, but I didn't want d6 hitdie on both sides.