PDA

View Full Version : Good feats for an Archivest. (3.5)

The_JJ
2010-02-25, 06:10 PM
I've got a few feat slots to fill in and need some general pointers.

Two rules: No cheese, and no needlessly exotic books.

Dragero
2010-02-25, 06:16 PM
What kind of character are you trying to build? Support caster, batman, trigger happy fireball lover, ect?

The_JJ
2010-02-25, 06:24 PM
Leaning to support, with a few Batman-y aspects. Less concerned about fireballs.

Also, this is more a general... 'idea' of a charactor that I want to level up through a campaign, and things like what spells I can copy off of scrolls might not be entirely up to me. Good feats in general, on the other hand, might be very useful, and always avalible. Well, every couple of levels, but you get the point.

JaronK
2010-02-25, 06:31 PM
Chain Spell is a great way to pass the solid buffs around. Knowledge Devotion is obviously nice for an Archivist, but that's not a support thing.

JaronK

Thurbane
2010-02-25, 06:32 PM
Archivist of Nature and Draconic Archivist (HoH) are almost essential if you plan to make good use of your Dark Knowledge ability.

If you're a gnome, Trivial Knowledge (RoS) is also a great boost for Dark Knowledge: lets you roll all skill checks twice, and take the better result.

Pyro_Azer
2010-02-25, 08:55 PM
While not technically a feat picking up the skill trick collecter of stories would be very useful for an archivist.

PurinaDragonCho
2010-02-27, 03:16 PM
Draconic Archivist can be useful.

Craft Contingent Spell is ridiculously good, once you qualify.

Pluto
2010-02-27, 03:30 PM
Quicken Spell is almost always worth your time.

I like Augment Summoning and all the tasty summoning feats, but I use summoning much more than most folks.

Extend Spell is boring, but I almost always use it often.

Sculpt Spell (CArc), if you're doing the Battlefield Control or Area Debuff things.

Improved Initiative is boring, but also really ridiculously good.

It's good to have someone in the party with Craft Wondrous Item and Archivists do it better than most.

Flyby Attack is another boring, but invaluable feat.

I like Metamagic School Focus, but I also use like to use a whole lot of Conjurations that need Sculpting and Rapid-ing.