PDA

View Full Version : If anyone's reading this, please help. [No sign-up needed]

Stottie Kyek
2010-02-25, 07:34 PM
OOC: This is a sort of alternate reality game; if you've not played one before, basically I play the main character and everyone plays their real-life selves, posting what they want the character to do to move the story along.
So, let's begin...

I don't know who uses these forums, but whoever's reading this post, please, I need your help. I just woke up in a strange room:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v334/Kuolema_Nox/1-Prisoncell.jpg

There's a heavy, locked door behind me, with a small flap in it at about eye level.
I'm posting this from a mobile phone I found on the floor, dropped through the flap. It's a bit beaten up, but I can use it to take photos.
It came with this note:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v334/Kuolema_Nox/3-Note.png

This really worries me. Even more worrying is I don't know where I am, I don't remember how I got here, and I don't even remember who I am.
What disturbs me most is this; I don't know how that got there either:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v334/Kuolema_Nox/2-Tattoo.png

Someone's coming. What do I do?

Night Monkey
2010-02-26, 03:42 AM
Ok, assuming this isn't some kind of hoax or trick, which it easily could be, but whatever, first of all, put the phone and the note out of sight. It seems like you're not meant to have them, and if there's someone keeping you there, they might try to take them off of you.

6483... I'll do some checking.

TruorTupnm
2010-02-26, 05:39 AM
OOC: Huh. Looks like an Escape The Room type of game. But then, things would go much faster, since I can just type ---> Examine everything in the room very closely. But then again, I figure that there will be more to it than just escaping this one room. Or mayhaps it just looks like one of those games. Anyways, yes, examine everything in the room very closely. There'll be twenty-seven thousand hidden items, most of which, however silly, will be required to escape. I hate the number bits, though. I am horrible at unscrambling words written as numbers and things like that.

IC: That's some bad luck, dude. Peek through the flap. And, if whoever's out there isn't about to prevent it, examine everything in the room very closely. Could be something else of use.

Stottie Kyek
2010-02-26, 04:06 PM
Ok, assuming this isn't some kind of hoax or trick, which it easily could be, but whatever, first of all, put the phone and the note out of sight. It seems like you're not meant to have them, and if there's someone keeping you there, they might try to take them off of you.

6483... I'll do some checking.

Okay, I've put the note in the hole under the sink. I'll put the phone in there once I've finished posting this.
Please believe me. I don't know what's going on any more than you do.

That's some bad luck, dude. Peek through the flap. And, if whoever's out there isn't about to prevent it, examine everything in the room very closely. Could be something else of use.

I can see someone coming. They're holding something. No time to look at the things now.
oh ****, key in the door, back soon

Stottie Kyek
2010-02-26, 04:52 PM
That was odd. A man wearing a bow tie came in with a tray of food. Bit strangely dressed for a place like this.

"Righto, 8463, feeding time. Eat up. I'll be back in a minute to make sure you take your pills."

It's a bowl of slop with a plastic spoon in it:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v334/Kuolema_Nox/4-Porridge.jpg

I'm not very hungry, but I don't know when my next meal will be.

I've had a look at the items on the shelf.
There's a bottle of pills:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v334/Kuolema_Nox/1-Pills.png
I don't like the fact that the label doesn't say what they are.

There's a bunch of toiletries and things. Most of them have had the labels ripped off and just have "Toothpaste" and "Soap" written on them, except for this one - the writing's printed on the can:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v334/Kuolema_Nox/3-Deodorant.png
I'm not sure what this stuff is.

Under the sink, the pipes stick out from the wall. They don't look very well maintained:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v334/Kuolema_Nox/2-Piping.png

Not sure how long I've got before the man comes back. What do I do?

TruorTupnm
2010-02-26, 05:22 PM
Did you notice anything else about the guy? How's about an accent? What else can you see outside the room? The door is just a regular door with a knob and a keyhole, or are you in more of an actual cell? Take everything that you can apart (excluding the phone, just in case), check inside of things, behind things, and under things. Looks like you've got a cup in this room. Transfer the slop to the cup, just to be thorough about checking this bowl. Let me see. Is there a light switch or any kind of light source that you can mess with? If so, commence messing.

Stottie Kyek
2010-02-26, 06:46 PM
Did you notice anything else about the guy? How's about an accent?

Let's see... He was quite well-spoken, I think. Maybe southern English... I can't place the region but he sounded educated and professional. I think he had dark hair?

What else can you see outside the room? The door is just a regular door with a knob and a keyhole, or are you in more of an actual cell?

The door is definitely reminiscent of a prison cell. The entire thing's made of some kind of metal. I pushed against it, but the man's locked it again like I expected.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v334/Kuolema_Nox/6-Door.png

Take everything that you can apart (excluding the phone, just in case), check inside of things, behind things, and under things.

Okay... I'll have to be careful. Everything'll have to be put back if the man comes in.
The shelf is just a plank sitting on some screws in the wall, so it can just be lifted up. About a foot length of the copper pipe is loose too - I could pull it out with not much effort.

Looks like you've got a cup in this room. Transfer the slop to the cup, just to be thorough about checking this bowl. Let me see.

Couldn't find a cup amongst the toiletries, but I've swilled the slop around in the bowl... it doesn't look particularly special.

Is there a light switch or any kind of light source that you can mess with? If so, commence messing.

You've given me some great advice, man, but I really hope there's a good reason for this one. There's no switch in here, but there are some wires running along the wall. I tugged at them and felt a jolt right through me. My hand is blistered, but I'm all right - it could've been much worse though if I hadn't been careful. They're loose from the wall and dangling there now, sparking a bit in the darkness.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v334/Kuolema_Nox/8-Darksparks.jpg

TruorTupnm
2010-02-26, 07:00 PM
Well, dang. Check around for secret messages currently glowing, of course, then fix the light, if possible. If not, hopefully, this phone will be good enough, for light. See if the faucet and toilet work. Did you check in the pillowcase, under the covers, and under the bed? Looks like a little grate under the sink. Can you open that or see anything in there? Anything on the ceiling? And it looks as if the walls and probably the floor is made of tile. Check for loose ones.

Night Monkey
2010-02-26, 08:39 PM
Bloody hell this looks bad.

At least they want to keep you alive. Truor's advice seems sound- you'll want to exploit anything you can to your advantage. I don't know if there's anything you can do about the badly maintained pipes in the wall. Do you reckon the nearby wall could be weakened?

My real concern right now is those pills. If they want you to take them, I can only assume you're in on some kind of medical experimentation. And if the note you received is accurate, it may not be of the pleasant kind. Look around to see if there's anything you could use to avoid taking the pills. Any similar looking objects? Ways to hide them in your mouth? I just think avoiding taking them if possible would be best.

Also, I'd explore the phone throughly. Try to find anything that could be hidden. Check all the message inboxes, pictures and so on. Sounds maybe too, although making noise may attract the guards or whoever.

Next time you see the man, or any other people working at the place, ask them questions. I doubt they'd be forthcoming, but ask what you're doing there. It's possible they'd let something slip.

Acanous
2010-02-27, 07:20 AM
Check inside the pipes.

Stottie Kyek
2010-02-27, 09:36 AM
Well, dang. Check around for secret messages currently glowing, of course, then fix the light, if possible. If not, hopefully, this phone will be good enough, for light.

Sorry, I'm not touching the wires again with my bare hands. I can still see around with the light from the phone, but the pictures won't be great.

See if the faucet and toilet work.

The tap works and the toilet flushes. Considering having a drink of the tapwater, but I don't know what's in it.

Did you check in the pillowcase, under the covers, and under the bed?

Nothing in the pillowcase or the covers. It's pretty spartan in here. Not sure if the stuff itself would be useful for anything.

Looks like a little grate under the sink. Can you open that or see anything in there? Anything on the ceiling? And it looks as if the walls and probably the floor is made of tile. Check for loose ones.

Yeah, it's a little hole. That's where I hid the phone and the razor earlier. I felt around in there but it's pretty solid.
I've tried to pull at the tiles, but no success. I just tore up my fingernails a bit, but right now I don't care, it was worth a try.

Stottie Kyek
2010-02-27, 09:43 AM
Bloody hell this looks bad.
At least they want to keep you alive. Truor's advice seems sound- you'll want to exploit anything you can to your advantage. I don't know if there's anything you can do about the badly maintained pipes in the wall. Do you reckon the nearby wall could be weakened?

No, the wall's pretty strong, the tiles are stuck fast there.

My real concern right now is those pills. If they want you to take them, I can only assume you're in on some kind of medical experimentation. And if the note you received is accurate, it may not be of the pleasant kind. Look around to see if there's anything you could use to avoid taking the pills. Any similar looking objects? Ways to hide them in your mouth? I just think avoiding taking them if possible would be best.

oh my god.
I suppose I could put them in the bowl of slop or just throw them down the sink or somewhere, but the man would know and bring some more. I might be able to hide them in my mouth, but it's risky. I still don't know what they do.

Also, I'd explore the phone throughly. Try to find anything that could be hidden. Check all the message inboxes, pictures and so on. Sounds maybe too, although making noise may attract the guards or whoever.

Okay. There's no pictures on it, but there's a few other things.

Contacts:
Pete
ICE - Tanya
Sarah

Inbox:
2 weeks ago
Pete
hey man wnt 2 come out 2nite? pub quiz is on + u havnt bin out of the house in ages

2 weeks ago
Pete
james u ok? u lukd rly ruf the othr day man.

9 days ago
Sarah
james, things r rly hard for me rite now & ur problems afect me 2. i stil think its best if we dnt c each othr agen. plz dnt txt bak.

7 days ago
ICE - Tanya
Dear Mr. Hansen,
Don't forget your appointment is at 9.30 tomorrow at the usual place.
Regards,
Tanya

Next time you see the man, or any other people working at the place, ask them questions. I doubt they'd be forthcoming, but ask what you're doing there. It's possible they'd let something slip.

He said he'd be back soon. I can certainly try. What do you want me to ask?

Stottie Kyek
2010-02-27, 09:45 AM
Check inside the pipes.

Okay, I've turned off the water and pulled one off the wall. There's nothing inside it but it's pretty thick and heavy.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v334/Kuolema_Nox/7-Pipepiece.png

Night Monkey
2010-02-27, 12:03 PM
I wonder if you're James. Maybe you wrote yourself the note, that's why the number is on it- you signed it with the designation these people have given you.

If that's the case, maybe the "looking rough" comment is why you're here, and this Tanya represents your captors. Perhaps you were ill, and she was offering treatment to draw you in? Can you run some water and look at your reflection, to see if you look ill?

As for what to ask, I'd ask why you're there, what the pills are and if you are allowed to leave the room. That should shed some light on things.

Hang in there.

Stottie Kyek
2010-02-27, 01:06 PM
I wonder if you're James.
Name doesn't ring a bell, but I might be for all I know.

Maybe you wrote yourself the note, that's why the number is on it- you signed it with the designation these people have given you.

The number doesn't match the one on my hand, though... both the numbers are confusing me.

If that's the case, maybe the "looking rough" comment is why you're here, and this Tanya represents your captors. Perhaps you were ill, and she was offering treatment to draw you in? Can you run some water and look at your reflection, to see if you look ill?

I'll take a picture of my face with the phone. Sorry about the quality.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v334/Kuolema_Nox/9-Adam.jpg

So that's what I look like. Well, I don't exactly look great but I feel fine, sore hands aside.

As for what to ask, I'd ask why you're there, what the pills are and if you are allowed to leave the room. That should shed some light on things.

Hang in there.

Thanks. I'll see what I can do when the man comes back.

Night Monkey
2010-02-27, 07:31 PM
Hell. I didn't realise the numbers were different. Some use I am. I reckon James sent you his phone, but his situation is likely to have been like yours is now. Whatever happened to him, he decided that a razor offered a better way out than the method chosen by him by your mutual captors.

The numbers are a bit interesting, maybe. They're the same, but the 6 and the 8 are reversed. 43 doubled makes 86 so... I'm not sure. It may well just be arbitrary numbering.

Acanous
2010-02-27, 09:33 PM
How strong do you feel? Pipe might work to clobber the doctor. Were there any guards?

Night Monkey
2010-02-28, 08:06 AM
I'm not sure about that idea. Definitely a decent last resort, but I somehow doubt that there's just one person present. If you assault someone, you may end up trying to fight your way out, and if you really are in bad shape that may not work too well.

Stottie Kyek
2010-02-28, 08:36 AM
Hell. I didn't realise the numbers were different. Some use I am. I reckon James sent you his phone, but his situation is likely to have been like yours is now. Whatever happened to him, he decided that a razor offered a better way out than the method chosen by him by your mutual captors.

The numbers are a bit interesting, maybe. They're the same, but the 6 and the 8 are reversed. 43 doubled makes 86 so... I'm not sure. It may well just be arbitrary numbering.

If that's true, at least there's someone out there I can trust. I think I'd like to meet this James.

How strong do you feel? Pipe might work to clobber the doctor. Were there any guards?

I feel strong enough to do it, though I don't really like the idea - I've never really fought anyone before. I'll take a picture through the flap. I don't think there's anyone else there

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v334/Kuolema_Nox/5-Flap.png

the man is coming back

what do I do

Night Monkey
2010-03-10, 12:33 PM
Don't take the pills.

I would recommend the following plan: Put the deoderant can and the pipe easily to hand, preferably with the pipe not in sight of the man. Leave the lid off the deoderant. Try to avoid taking the pill by hiding it in your mouth and not swallowing it. If he becomes wise to your plan, then spray him in the face with the deoderant and then beat him into unconsciousness with the pipe. Then, take the pipe, phone, deoderant bottle and razor and attempt to find a place to hide.

If that doesn't work, I'm really sorry.

Stottie Kyek
2010-03-15, 05:55 AM
Don't take the pills.

I would recommend the following plan: Put the deoderant can and the pipe easily to hand, preferably with the pipe not in sight of the man. Leave the lid off the deoderant. Try to avoid taking the pill by hiding it in your mouth and not swallowing it. If he becomes wise to your plan, then spray him in the face with the deoderant and then beat him into unconsciousness with the pipe. Then, take the pipe, phone, deoderant bottle and razor and attempt to find a place to hide.

If that doesn't work, I'm really sorry.

Oh my God, I did it. I've never hit anyone before. At least, I don't think I have.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v334/Kuolema_Nox/10-Unconsciousman.jpg

He grabbed my face to try and make me swallow the pill. I had to hit him. I've spat the pill out now, and I've gagged him with my shirt in case he makes a noise when he wakes up. Poor guy, maybe that was a bit excessive of me.

A place to hide...
Outside the cell, the corridor stretches on quite a way. It looks like it splits in two at the end, with cell doors like mine all the way along.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v334/Kuolema_Nox/11-uboot-corridor.jpg

What now?

TheMadLinguist
2010-03-15, 06:31 AM
Forcefeed him the pill. Turnabout is fair play.

Stottie Kyek
2010-03-15, 07:01 AM
What? I don't even know what they are, or what they're going to do to him.
But you seem pretty sure...
I broke up the pill into a little of the slop and spooned it into his mouth. I don't want him to choke on it. I hope he'll be alright when he comes round. If he comes round.