PDA

View Full Version : How To: Help for a DM in Eberron?

Sila Prirode
2010-02-25, 08:18 PM
For starters, I have a group of 6 to 9 people who am I currently DM-ing for. Right now we are in Ravenloft, working their way up to entrance to the castle. Around half the module they have expressed desire to continue playing current characters, and they want it to be set in Eberron. I'm a huge Eberron fan, so I jumped at the opportunity.
Now, I'm well versed in Eberron geographies and politics, and have a fair grasp of past and all the important bits of it. General setting has been explained to players, and we have started to modify PC more in line with setting. Sadly, I have never actually DM a game in Eberron, but I think I can pick up fast.

Now the problem is, I don't know what should I give to them. I have searched the Interwebz for a good module to run, or to pick some ideas, but highest level one is for level 7 party. Of four. And I have 6 level nine at least.
Biggest problem is that I have never DM'ed for a group over level 5. My last group preferred lower level play, we only had one campaign that went into epic, most of the games would end around level 7.

So, fellow playgrounders, advice, experiences, plots and hooks to look for, monsters to throw in their way? Can this be a mini Let's-Make-An-Adventure for a fellow DM? :smallbiggrin:

The important bits:
-Party of six is currently in Ravenloft, when they finish it I expect them to be around level 9
-Minimum 5 people will continue playing, maybe up to .
-They expressed desire for campaign set in Eberron
-I have never DM a campaign which went higher then level 5

Iku Rex
2010-02-25, 08:26 PM
Jungle Secrets (http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/we/20070219a)(lv 10 eberron, web enhancement) might give you some ideas.

Eyes of the Lich Queen (http://www.amazon.com/Dungeons-Dragons-Fantasy-Roleplaying-Eberron/dp/078694319X/) finishes at level 9, but could probably be modified if you're willing to do the extra work.

AslanCross
2010-02-25, 10:58 PM
You could try the Raven trilogy (Chimes at Midnight, Quoth the Raven, and Hell's Heart). The first two are in Dungeon Magazine, while the third is available in PDF form on the WOTC site.
It's a horror-thriller set in Sharn. I've only really run Hell's Heart, and it's at Lv 10. You could scale Chimes at Midnight up to the appropriate level.

I would suggest Red Hand of Doom, but it starts at Lv 5 and might take way too much work to convert to something that starts at Lv 10.