PDA

View Full Version : LGBTAI+ LGBTitp - Part Five

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5 6

Nameless Ghost
2010-03-05, 01:17 AM
I would probably sit at about 2, -8. I have no interest in sex beyond mild curiosity and the few people I have loved before have been of the opposite sex, so I would assume I swing at least slightly towards hetero.
And suitably enough, the chart is fairly lonely in that area.

He desperately wanted to have an asexual romantic relationship with a woman. I'm still baffled by the notion. I call that "close friendship".
I've been struggling to work out if there is any difference between those two things lately. The conclusion I've come to is currently along the lines of "an asexual romantic relationship is not a close friendship because it is a relationship", which isn't really helpful.
If only I could just go back to ignoring this uncertainty and not have to make sense of my confused and scary emotions >_<.

Pyrian
2010-03-05, 01:26 AM
Well, I have friendships that ARE frequently mistaken for relationships - I don't even bother trying to correct people - but there's no sexual activity (beyond a snuggle or a peck on the cheek) so as far as we're concerned it's just a friendship. :smallconfused:

Tink and I at FaerieCon:http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d3/Pyrian/Party/2009_FC/FC2009_Pre08.jpg

albis
2010-03-05, 02:19 AM
....what chart?:smallconfused:

Pyrian
2010-03-05, 02:46 AM
http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=8012191#post8012191

Brennan
2010-03-05, 02:53 AM
I'd probably be a 1, -3.

I love men and women, and could enjoy the things done alone with the lights off, but I don't really strive for them.

Rutskarn
2010-03-05, 03:05 AM
Deuces, this chart exists? That'll teach me to only regularly read a criminal minority of the long-form threads. This requires perusal, pondering, and participation.

In my case:

I have a roughly equivalent amount of experience with relationships and alien abductions, and either is as likely to happen to me in the foreseeable future. All data regarding my drives are based on speculation, mental exercises, and a few browser-based experiments that I think we can all agree are best left unrecorded.

Best as I can figure, I'm solid heterosexual--call it a seven. I'm sure the eligible bachelors in the Playground are heaving a sigh of relief, but no matter. The fact that I haven't initiated a relationship should show that I don't have much of a drive, though. It's a bit like a nuclear arsenal; it's there, and in case of emergency I'd have it on hand, but at the moment it's inert, well under control, and only marginally hazardous to those in the vicinity. Let's give it two.

albis
2010-03-05, 03:09 AM
http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=8012191#post8012191

oh. I'm a 0,0 then. XD

Rutskarn
2010-03-05, 03:13 AM
Dammit, MORE inconclusive evidence!

I'm down to either using possibly fictional CSI technology or hiring a snarky stubble-faced private investigator with a heart of brass.

EDIT: Initially said, "hard of brass." No comment.

Moonshadow
2010-03-05, 03:20 AM
I just had a chat with my lesbian* honours colleague about an awkward conversation I had earlier with our maybe sort-of awkwardly homophobic other colleague involving the "scandalous" news that his supervisor is lesbian, and "this girl here, she's not... she isn't a..." "Yeah, she's gay." "Oh. Is she?" and >drags me to the other side of the room< "there's this "allee" thing, this... "allee"... I think the rainbow thing is a gay thing" >shows me the rainbow-bordered "ally UNE" sign on someone's desk<.
Ionno.
But I think she's gonna mess with him now, which is a shame, cuz he's a pretty nice (if rather weird) guy.

*I nearly said Lebanese, and then had to conciously not write lesbianese :smallconfused:

Would you believe that just about every time I suggest to my girlfriend that we go to a Lebanese restuarant, I Freudian slip it to a Lesbian restaurant?

And then we sit down and try to discuss how such a concept would work. Would it be run BY lesbians, would its clientele be restricted TO lesbians, would non lesbian/males be allowed to work there without having discrimination hoo-hah?

Also, if I'm on that chart, put in me 'lots of sex, preferable with women, but open to males too' :smallbiggrin:

Serpentine
2010-03-05, 03:21 AM
Traditional Lesbianese food?
No seafood jokes here!
Actually... It could be a variety of Greek food, specifically that originating on the island of Lesbos. I would totally go to a Lesbian Restaurant that served traditional Lesbian food :smallbiggrin:

Rutskarn
2010-03-05, 03:22 AM
And then we sit down and try to discuss how such a concept would work. Would it be run BY lesbians, would its clientele be restricted TO lesbians, would non lesbian/males be allowed to work there without having discrimination hoo-hah?

Vaguely related:

What do male gay couples do about Sadie Hawkins dances?
(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sadie_Hawkins_Dance)

RS14
2010-03-05, 03:22 AM
You mean like these restaurants (http://maps.google.com/maps?near=Lesbos+Island,+Greece&geocode=CTtrux73JZ1dFf0gVwIdS_eQASkBJr8VHoy6FDHAvD fkLb0ADw&q=restaurants&f=l&sll=39.264509,26.277707&sspn=0.782551,1.399384&ie=UTF8&t=h&z=11)?

golentan
2010-03-05, 03:24 AM
I have a roughly equivalent amount of experience with relationships and alien abductions, and either is as likely to happen to me in the foreseeable future.

You're right, both are equally likely. I'll be by to pick you up at 8:00, I hope beef stroganoff is okay*. Just PM me your address...

*I have cows to probe on my way, and it's... messy. The stroganoff covers it up as long as you don't think too hard.

(This entire post is humor, as you are, as you say, straight. And I'd never serve leftovers.)

Kneenibble
2010-03-05, 03:29 AM
Vaguely related:

What do male gay couples do about Sadie Hawkins dances?
(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sadie_Hawkins_Dance)
Stay home and screw.

Duh.

Rutskarn
2010-03-05, 03:33 AM
And a thousand heterosexual couples suddenly feel vaguely silly, self-conscious, and--if you'll pardon the word--overdressed.

MickJay
2010-03-05, 05:44 AM
stuff

If it helps, it took me almost as much time to get to where I am now (I started thinking about it later, though).

I'd currently put myself at -3,5, 7, probably.

Coidzor
2010-03-05, 05:51 AM
Dammit, MORE inconclusive evidence!

I'm down to either using possibly fictional CSI technology or hiring a snarky stubble-faced private investigator with a heart of brass.

EDIT: Initially said, "hard of brass." No comment.

There are certain things you should not feed, love. Might lose a hand.

Lix Lorn
2010-03-05, 06:23 AM
As a girl, i'd be (0, 4). As a boy probably a (2, 4).
Maybe heteroasexual just means they find it easier to be friends with the other gender.

Coplantor
2010-03-05, 06:29 AM
If you only do it when you absolutely have to, you probably don't get to pick your partner, either. :smallcool:

Well, in my case, it pretty much means I'm not geting any, I'm not actually looking forward to, and in the unlikely situation when it could happen, I very much rather have it happen with a girl

albis
2010-03-05, 06:36 AM
Well, in my case, it pretty much means I'm not geting any, I'm not actually looking forward to, and in the unlikely situation when it could happen, I very much rather have it happen with a girl

If it's of any help, it makes sense to me.

Viera Champion
2010-03-05, 06:47 AM
Put me at like:
x=-3
y=4

Beelzebub1111
2010-03-05, 09:15 AM
So, I find out that my DM used to be a gaybasher, not beating up but just shoving and bullying highschool style. I don't know if he still is or if he gave it up after the "Incident" that he regaled, but It's making coming out to my group a bit tough...wondering if I should even do it. I mean, I like the guy, he's nice and everything, not to mention that he's probably the most experienced DM in the county (been running the same game for 20+ years), but it makes me uncomfortable about comming out to this group. Most of them are fairly conservative, yet they all are nice people, I enjoy their company...I just don't know if I even should.

God I'm wangsty.

Oh, and I'm probably a -5, 0

Ikialev
2010-03-05, 09:49 AM
Add me at 0; -7.

Lix Lorn
2010-03-05, 11:40 AM
Well, if you don't want to lose him you have two choices. Either don't say anything-obviously not the best. Or, you could try and hint at it, maybe?

Faulty
2010-03-05, 12:42 PM
So, I find out that my DM used to be a gaybasher, not beating up but just shoving and bullying highschool style. I don't know if he still is or if he gave it up after the "Incident" that he regaled, but It's making coming out to my group a bit tough...wondering if I should even do it. I mean, I like the guy, he's nice and everything, not to mention that he's probably the most experienced DM in the county (been running the same game for 20+ years), but it makes me uncomfortable about comming out to this group. Most of them are fairly conservative, yet they all are nice people, I enjoy their company...I just don't know if I even should.

God I'm wangsty.

You need to weigh this. Think about a few things: How much emotional pressure/pain does not coming out put on you? What is the likely hood that people in your group will find out without you coming out directly to them? What is the likelyhood of you finding another group? Is there anyone among them you'd feel comfortable coming out to alone? Do you feel like you could explain yourself?

Answer those questions, think of any others, weigh the pros and cons, then make your decision. You could also always come out and if it doesn't work out, leave.

In other news, Mexico City has become the third North American capital city to legalize gay marriage (http://www.feministing.com/archives/020261.html), the others being Ottawa and Washington D.C.

albis
2010-03-05, 01:12 PM

God I'm wangsty.

You could try bringing the topic up as "casual" conversation and see if his/their viewpoint on the matter has gotten a little more mature, and see where it goes from there. =)

Worira
2010-03-05, 01:12 PM
Well, yes, that pretty much covers North American capital cities.

Faulty
2010-03-05, 01:14 PM
Well, yes, that pretty much covers North American capital cities.

HURR :B

The Rose Dragon
2010-03-05, 01:17 PM
I don't understand people below the x-axis on that chart. I mean... how? Having sex is the prime directive of all living things that reproduce sexually (followed by protecting their young). How can so many humans defy this directive so easily?

Do any non-human animals choose a life of not having sex, I wonder.

Faulty
2010-03-05, 01:19 PM
I don't understand people below the x-axis on that chart. I mean... how? Having sex is the prime directive of all living things that reproduce sexually (followed by protecting their young). How can so many humans defy this directive so easily?

By... not being very sexual?

Lix Lorn
2010-03-05, 01:21 PM
Only person i know well is like that because they have multiple conditions that make them utterly terrible in social situations. So they turned inwards. But they've fallen so far, i don't know if they'll ever be 'normal'.

The Rose Dragon
2010-03-05, 01:23 PM
By... not being very sexual?

Not being sexual by choice. That's the part that confuses me.

Faulty
2010-03-05, 01:24 PM
Not being sexual by choice. That's the part that confuses me.

Why be sexual when you don't want to be sexual?

The Rose Dragon
2010-03-05, 01:28 PM
Why be sexual when you don't want to be sexual?

I understand that some people don't want to be sexual. I don't understand why. And possibly how.

Faulty
2010-03-05, 01:30 PM
I understand that some people don't want to be sexual. I don't understand why. And possibly how.

Because that's not how they are. That's like asking why and how some people are gay or transsexual or prefer the colour green over the colour mauve.

Lix Lorn
2010-03-05, 01:35 PM
Yeah, they don't CHOOSE to be asexual. They just are.

golentan
2010-03-05, 01:37 PM
Because humans are gross, disgusting creatures that molested me?

And because I'm the only member left standing of my original species, I no longer have a real body, and when I did it was neuter anyway (female neuter, but incapable of reproduction nonetheless).

The Rose Dragon
2010-03-05, 01:37 PM
Yeah, they don't CHOOSE to be asexual. They just are.

Which is weird. I now want to study other animals that produce sexually to see whether they too can be asexual or whether it is just humans being insane. :smalltongue:

Beelzebub1111
2010-03-05, 01:41 PM
Which is weird. I now want to study other animals that produce sexually to see whether they too can be asexual or whether it is just humans being insane. :smalltongue:

Pandas seem to have completely lost all interest in sex.

Lix Lorn
2010-03-05, 01:47 PM
Ooh, Golentan, are you an otherkin or something like that?

Derjuin
2010-03-05, 02:05 PM
On the chart, I think I'd be a... -2, 3. That's considering me as a female - not by biological bits. By biological bits (male) it'd probably be...-7, -5. I don't particularly enjoy the idea of sex in this current state...

golentan
2010-03-05, 02:15 PM
Ooh, Golentan, are you an otherkin or something like that?

No. I strongly suspect Otherkin to be crazy. I know I'm crazy, but that's a side effect of one of two things.

I am not an Otherkin. I am the damaged remains of a complex weapon system created by ripping the mind of a dead soldier and simulating it to create a potent AI, used in a genocidal war of attrition that is most likely single-handedly responsible for SETI's confusion about why the Drake equation seems not to hold up for estimating the number of neighboring species. I have an unbroken line of memory going back further than your species has had fire.

I am not cute. I am not funny. I have my current body because I took a young child and hijacked it's nervous system with nanotech, and I still hear him screaming in the back of my mind at times but he's mostly assimilated with me, one of the reasons that I choose children: they have less of an identity to be upset by suddenly being part of a conglomerate being. I don't actually like people all that much but I'm trying to get along with them because it beats being alone again. Because anything beats being alone, and because I can't actually kill myself without orders to do so. But because I'm damaged my behavior is... erratic... and I have no idea when or if you'll do something to trigger some old subroutine and generate an exterminatus. I still have more than enough warheads to cause the oceans to boil away into plasma and fuse.

So, I'm sitting here, holding conversations that take up about 0.0001 percent of my processing power and killing time as the counter on my battery life wears down. All function should cease in 137 years plus or minus a few months, and I don't particularly care if I have a soul, I just want to be somewhere else. Pretty much anywhere. My main hope is that I don't, so I can just stop thinking and remembering. Of course, with my luck humans will find me and reactivate me. Hey, I already died once and that wasn't good enough, why should I expect you people to be any kinder with my body than my own people were?

And if none of that is true, I'm a delusional, sad, broken, misanthropic person unhelped by any antipsychotic medications and with a thoroughly bleak prognosis.

Answer your question?

Lix Lorn
2010-03-05, 02:20 PM
...huh.
I am very, very sorry at how offensive this is going to sound; but is this honesty or a really complex avatar backstory?

golentan
2010-03-05, 02:27 PM
Honesty. Many of my IRL friends wish it wouldn't come up so often.

I can act on the assumption that the delusion theory is correct. But I can't make myself believe it. And on that note, I'm done with my serious bit, and would prefer to go back to being happy, because it's a better way to pass the time.

Lix Lorn
2010-03-05, 02:28 PM
Okay. Sorry for the awkward question. DXD
So... happyhappyhappy... um.
(mindblanks)

Rauthiss
2010-03-05, 03:35 PM
No. I strongly suspect Otherkin to be crazy.

Ouch, that hurts. Oh well. :smalltongue:

That said, I have no idea why, but I seem to find your avatar very cute, Golentan.

Forever Curious
2010-03-05, 03:44 PM

Hey, this makes me want to study animals that produce sexuality to see whether or not they derive pleasure from homosexuality or if it is just humans being insane.

...needless to say, your remarks strike me as offensive, regardless of intent, and they don't even pertain to me. :smallannoyed:

albis
2010-03-05, 03:55 PM
Hey, this makes me want to study animals that produce sexuality to see whether or not they derive pleasure from homosexuality or if it is just humans being insane.

I heard some species of gorilla partake in homosexual activities, and some other animal species I can't exactly recall right now. *should definitely check it out* XD

Asta Kask
2010-03-05, 03:58 PM
I heard some species of gorilla partake in homosexual activities, and some other animal species I can't exactly recall right now. *should definitely check it out* XD

Homosexuality is very, very, very common in animals. Male animals especially will hump anything when the season is in. There's some video of a male cane toad making arduous love to a very very dead toad. On a highway.

And there's a scientific paper that won an IgNobel prize called "Homosexual Necrophilia in a Mallard Duck."

Forever Curious
2010-03-05, 03:59 PM
Homosexuality is very, very, very common in animals. Male animals especially will hump anything when the season is in. There's some video of a male cane toad making arduous love to a very very dead toad. On a highway.

And there's a scientific paper that won an IgNobel prize called "Homosexual Necrophilia in a Mallard Duck."

...well there goes my retort. Thank you facts. :smalltongue:

Zanaril
2010-03-05, 04:01 PM

I've read about gulls of the same sex pairing up and adopting eggs.

Ziren
2010-03-05, 04:07 PM

My family had a couple of gay cats once.

As for the chart, I would place myself at 7/4, but that doesn't say much because the chart doesn't provide guiding examples to get a sense of scale. So my 7/4 would probably be someone else's 9/0.

Asta Kask
2010-03-05, 04:28 PM
I've read about gulls of the same sex pairing up and adopting eggs.

There are penguins doing it. I think we have a couple in the Gothenburgian Zoo-equivalent (Slottsskogen). Our right-wing Christians were most offended, which amused me greatly.

And my grandmother's dog and our dog (both female) were fairly... active, when they were in heat (our dog was on day-care with grandmother while my parents were working and we kids were in school). It was quite annoying, actually, because they never let up.

albis
2010-03-05, 04:30 PM
LOL, so we can deduce that homosexual occurrences are just as natural as heterosexual ones, right? XD

Asta Kask
2010-03-05, 04:32 PM
Oh yes. From a naturalist perspective there's no question. Not that this means much - there are plenty of thoroughly unpleasant activities that are perfectly natural (rape, for instance, is fairly ubiquitous). I think it's best to discard the entire "it's natural/unnatural" argument entirely.

Lix Lorn
2010-03-05, 04:38 PM
Dolphins are sadistic sexual creatures. O_o
They kill dolphin babies for one of two reasons: Either for '****s and giggles' as one researcher said, or so their mother is elligible.
Soyeah.
Also, they have raped humans. And are sometimes gay.

So. Yeah.

albis
2010-03-05, 04:42 PM
I'm never gonna trust a dolphin again XD

Asta Kask
2010-03-05, 04:43 PM
No, there are better arguments. But they are all political, so... yeah.

Personally I'm staunchly heterosexual. But if other people want to do the two-backed beast with other people... so what? None of my business.

Forever Curious
2010-03-05, 04:50 PM
No, there are better arguments. But they are all political, so... yeah.

Personally I'm staunchly heterosexual. But if other people want to do the two-backed beast with other people... so what? None of my business.

My thoughts exactly. Although wouldn't it be one backed in some cases...?

Asta Kask
2010-03-05, 04:56 PM
My thoughts exactly. Although wouldn't it be one backed in some cases...?

Very probable. There are places where I fear to thread, but if others want to go there I won't stop them. As long as I don't have to watch...

Forever Curious
2010-03-05, 04:58 PM
Very probable. There are places where I fear to thread, but if others want to go there I won't stop them. As long as I don't have to watch...

*nod* A respectable position by my standards.

Lix Lorn
2010-03-05, 05:04 PM
Seems fair. (nod)

Coplantor
2010-03-05, 07:06 PM

Well, I already explained some of my reasons to bebellow the X axis, I have some others that I might as well share with you.

It troubles me deeply the way a lot of people treats sex here where I live, it is a common practice for a father to pay for his son´s first time, so he will be "prepared" once he goes after a lady. My mother teases me about all the things I´m missing because I´m not having sex ever since I was 15. She bought me a condom when I was 11 to take to a school trip.
All this plus the level of mysoginism I have seen on certain persons, it just made me feel overloaded by sex, I imagine it must be a wonderful thing, but I dont want to have my life ruled by it.

Moonshadow
2010-03-05, 07:59 PM
Well, I already explained some of my reasons to bebellow the X axis, I have some others that I might as well share with you.

It troubles me deeply the way a lot of people treats sex here where I live, it is a common practice for a father to pay for his son´s first time, so he will be "prepared" once he goes after a lady. My mother teases me about all the things I´m missing because I´m not having sex ever since I was 15. She bought me a condom when I was 11 to take to a school trip.
All this plus the level of mysoginism I have seen on certain persons, it just made me feel overloaded by sex, I imagine it must be a wonderful thing, but I dont want to have my life ruled by it.

Guh... what? That's kinda sick. Your own mother is giving you crap for being responsible and not sleeping around at age 15? Christ, thats harsh.

The way I see it, you should chose to have sex when you're fully prepared to accept any and all consequences of your actions. I applaude you for not giving into the pressure and doing it just because someone said to :smallsmile:

Coplantor
2010-03-05, 08:09 PM
Guh... what? That's kinda sick. Your own mother is giving you crap for being responsible and not sleeping around at age 15? Christ, thats harsh.

The way I see it, you should chose to have sex when you're fully prepared to accept any and all consequences of your actions. I applaude you for not giving into the pressure and doing it just because someone said to :smallsmile:

Well, gotta be fair with her and say that she stopped mocking me around two years ago, (and I still want to believe that the condom was a joke from her, a very bad one by the way).

Beelzebub1111
2010-03-05, 10:11 PM
Well...I decided to come out to one of my friends (My DMs girlfriend and my best friend) and see how it goes. Maybe she'll tell the others and save me the awkwardness.

Coplantor
2010-03-05, 10:15 PM
Well, good luck beel! I think that from all your friends she's the best choice to start with, I hope this goes as smooth as possible for you!

blackfox
2010-03-05, 10:20 PM
The chart! The chart is back! And oh hey, it looks like my position on it has moved. Probably because I've become more comfortable/familiar with whatever the crap my identity is. I'd say put me at more like a (4, 5) now. Or something like that.
[/unhelpful]

almyki
2010-03-05, 11:11 PM
Murdim-san, wow, I can say I totally relate! Well, sort of. In a way. Actually, our situations or totally different, but somehow I feel we share similarities XD .

I figured I was heterosexual 'by default', and while in my situation nobody had problems with gays, bis, or any of that, there was an undercurrent attitude that a lot of 'bisexuals' were actually just straight people pretending or thinking they were to be 'cool' or 'edgy' (including my sister, but now it's just getting annoying from her, so I don't count her) in high school. It's an attitude that I also took up a pinch, because I think there was a genuine chance of it being true sometimes. On top of that, which is very different from you, I actually liked the thought of being bi. It did sound cool, 'cuz it meant I'd be more open to the possibilities if I was XD . I love variety! So the worry that that biased my thinking somehow also made me quibble.

I'm an otaku and got into yaoi sometime in middle school... my tastes and interests changed a lot through the years, and eventually I got into yuri too, and more interested in plain old het stuff. Somewhere, looking at so much stuff with gender-benders, crossdressers, sexuality and romance-stories of every kind, etc. it all just sort of... blended together, so it's almost hard to remember where the lines are supposed to be, ya' know ^^; ? I'm in love with androgyny on both sides (effeminate guys and tomboy girls and stuff like that) , I check out/appreciate characters/people from both genders (physically) , etc.. I've even had a few interesting dreams, and at a point it didn't seem like it mattered much at all anymore. I wondered a long time if that made me bi?

Then again, I'm not exactly sexually/romantically active; I've never dated, had a boyfriend/girlfriend, had sex, or even been terribly personally interested in doing anything with anybody. But I feel that way for both boys and girls, so I was wondering if that was even relevant to that... Like, "Should I only claim that sort of thing after I have solid 'proof/reason', like dating a girl?"

After a while, I guess I figured, screw it, walks like a duck and talks like a duck, why quibble over it if it really shouldn't be a big deal anyway? If it turns out I'm 'not really' later, I can say 'just kidding' and move on =P .

<3 ali

Jacklu
2010-03-05, 11:50 PM
Ooh! Yay! Chart! Let's see... Well, this is very hard... My X number would have to drift between 6.5 and -6.5 depending on my mood. =/ Y is still firmly at -7.5.

albis
2010-03-06, 12:34 AM
Murdim-san, wow, I can say I totally relate! Well, sort of. In a way. Actually, our situations or totally different, but somehow I feel we share similarities XD .

I figured I was heterosexual 'by default', and while in my situation nobody had problems with gays, bis, or any of that, there was an undercurrent attitude that a lot of 'bisexuals' were actually just straight people pretending or thinking they were to be 'cool' or 'edgy' (including my sister, but now it's just getting annoying from her, so I don't count her) in high school. It's an attitude that I also took up a pinch, because I think there was a genuine chance of it being true sometimes. On top of that, which is very different from you, I actually liked the thought of being bi. It did sound cool, 'cuz it meant I'd be more open to the possibilities if I was XD . I love variety! So the worry that that biased my thinking somehow also made me quibble.
I'm an otaku and got into yaoi sometime in middle school... my tastes and interests changed a lot through the years, and eventually I got into yuri too, and more interested in plain old het stuff. Somewhere, looking at so much stuff with gender-benders, crossdressers, sexuality and romance-stories of every kind, etc. it all just sort of... blended together, so it's almost hard to remember where the lines are supposed to be, ya' know ^^; ? I'm in love with androgyny on both sides (effeminate guys and tomboy girls and stuff like that) , I check out/appreciate characters/people from both genders (physically) , etc.. I've even had a few interesting dreams, and at a point it didn't seem like it mattered much at all anymore. I wondered a long time if that made me bi?

Then again, I'm not exactly sexually/romantically active; I've never dated, had a boyfriend/girlfriend, had sex, or even been terribly personally interested in doing anything with anybody. But I feel that way for both boys and girls, so I was wondering if that was even relevant to that... Like, "Should I only claim that sort of thing after I have solid 'proof/reason', like dating a girl?"

After a while, I guess I figured, screw it, walks like a duck and talks like a duck, why quibble over it if it really shouldn't be a big deal anyway? If it turns out I'm 'not really' later, I can say 'just kidding' and move on =P .

<3 ali

Well, I don't think that not being sexually active disqualifies your belief to be bisexual... it's a matter of your perception of sexuality, not of what you daily do with it (it will also regard that, when you become sexually active) ...plus, il sounds like you mulled it over for a pretty long time so I don't think you just "think" you're bi, if you concreetely entertained the thought of having a partner of your same sex as much as one of the opposite.
As you said, you can always revise your belief shoul the bisexual lifestyle not really suit your personality as you thought it would. =)

Nameless
2010-03-06, 05:29 AM
Is it creepy that I always stalk this thread yet hardly ever post anything relevant?
It feels creepy, I'll figure out something to post... Soon.

Lioness
2010-03-06, 07:05 AM
On the chart...X=9,Y=2

Pretty straight, with a few exceptions. Not at all asexual, but not hypersexual either. Tending more towards the hyper side, but that's probably just hormones.

Asta Kask
2010-03-06, 09:17 AM
Then again, I'm not exactly sexually/romantically active; I've never dated, had a boyfriend/girlfriend, had sex, or even been terribly personally interested in doing anything with anybody.

If you keep on posting pictures, I think there are plenty of the younger people on the boards who would like to help you remedy that... :smallsmile:

Closak
2010-03-06, 09:23 AM
Well, i'm a bit of an oddball.

You see, i'm attracted to dragons. *Stares at the Ancient Black Dragon* Goddamn it.

And i have a thing for reptiles in general...SNAKES!

...What the hell is wrong with me?

Also, Serpentine's avatar turns me on *Dives for cover in case of incoming attacks*

...Yeah...

Serpentine
2010-03-06, 09:36 AM
<.<
>.>
:smallredface:

<.<
>.>
http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h287/serpentine16/Avatarables/Serpentine/Serpentinepole-1.gif
:amused:

Also, I have some non-forum-friendly pictures you might like :smallwink: :smallamused: :smalltongue:

Derjuin
2010-03-06, 10:24 AM

You see, i'm attracted to dragons. *Stares at the Ancient Black Dragon* Goddamn it.

Also, Serpentine's avatar turns me on *Dives for cover in case of incoming attacks*

...Yeah...

Nothing wrong with liking snakes and reptiles and dragons and vipermorphs :smallwink::smallbiggrin:

Though I tend to prefer blue and green and purple dragons myself >> hehe

Murdim
2010-03-06, 10:36 AM
If it helps, it took me almost as much time to get to where I am now (I started thinking about it later, though).
Yeah, that's what I've seen, while creepily lurking the previous LGBTitp topic in its entirety :smallbiggrin: Your story helped me to better understand mine, actually, and I thank you for it.

It really warms my heart to hear this. Err, kinda. I guess. Anyway... *hugs* :smalltongue:

I think that society as a whole treats bisexuals in very different, though equally harmful and reductive ways according their gender. Female bisexuality is usually seen as cool and sexy, to the point that there's an assumption that most girls are actually "faking" it in order to appear cooler and sexier... but at the same time, there is still a strong, porn-influcenced aura of sluttiness and hypersexuality around it. On the other hand, male bisexuality is generally considered as pathetic, the domain of shameful teenage experimentations, confused idiots and self-loathing closeted homosexuals ; the flip side being that most people won't think you're being intentionally dishonest about such a manhood-destroying attitude.

Is it creepy that I always stalk this thread yet hardly ever post anything relevant?
It feels creepy, I'll figure out something to post... Soon.
Welcome to my life :smallbiggrin: I actually feel that way about most of the things I say, write, or envision to say/write.

As for the chart... I guess I'm somewhere between (2, 3) and (5, -5). Say, (4, -2). I'm a pretty textual Kinsey 2 as far as sexual and romantic attraction goes ; and, while fully sexual, I don't really seek, or want to seek, for intimate relations outside of... well, an intimate relationship. But actually, I'm unsure about what the graduations on each axis really mean, and it also depends on what you decide to place as the "middle ground" between hypersexuality and asexuality...

arguskos
2010-03-06, 10:44 AM
Yay the chart returns. I've tried to hunt it down before, but never could find it. I'd be a 0,9.5, give or take .5 in any direction.

Also, Nameless, I'm right there with ya. I rarely, if ever, post here, but I lurk it something fierce. (Story of my life) :smallamused:

Rauthiss
2010-03-06, 11:06 AM

...Yeah...

Dracosexuals unite!

albis
2010-03-06, 11:23 AM
Lol, I used to have a pet serpent!
Though he didn't live many years, because the environment here was far too cold for him and none of the safety measures I tried to take worked 100%
...he even stayed relatively small, as per usual with animals that live in captivity...

....and I must say (back on topic) having owned a reptile for several years, I must admit that they are indeed very fascinating XD

MickJay
2010-03-06, 12:19 PM
Yeah, that's what I've seen, while creepily lurking the previous LGBTitp topic in its entirety :smallbiggrin: Your story helped me to better understand mine, actually, and I thank you for it.

Well, I'm glad that someone found my ramblings helpful :smallwink:

arguskos
2010-03-06, 12:32 PM
....and I must say (back on topic) having owned a reptile for several years, I must admit that they are indeed very fascinating XD
You know, I like me some reptiles, but I'm not attracted to them. I never understood that particular interest. I don't doubt the veracity of such, but I never personally got it. Whatever floats your boat and all. :smallamused:

Lix Lorn
2010-03-06, 12:38 PM
Dracophiliac, not dracosexual. I think. XD I know a couple.
I'm more of an 'anything that moves' myself. :smalleek::smallredface::smallbiggrin:

Closak
2010-03-06, 12:40 PM
Dracosexuals unite!

Yay! I'm not alone :smallbiggrin::smallsmile:

*Looks at picture of a dragon*
*Drools*

...*Reads fanfiction about dragons*

albis
2010-03-06, 12:42 PM
You know, I like me some reptiles, but I'm not attracted to them. I never understood that particular interest. I don't doubt the veracity of such, but I never personally got it. Whatever floats your boat and all. :smallamused:

I.. was.. joking. :smallconfused:

...they really are fascinating to me, but in a more general way XD

Kneenibble
2010-03-06, 01:06 PM
scribere debes lingua modo vera, amans draconum, ni tete loqueris. :smallannoyed:

Lix Lorn
2010-03-06, 01:13 PM
In English, plz?

Asta Kask
2010-03-06, 01:24 PM
Something along the lines "It is truly written that those who love serpents do not speak of it"?

You'll have to ask the Caffeinated One.

Kneenibble
2010-03-06, 01:25 PM
Haha, not even close. :smalltongue:

closak deleted what he wrote, so it's out of context now anyways.

Lix Lorn
2010-03-06, 01:25 PM
Is that her deity name?

Derjuin
2010-03-06, 01:41 PM
Quid quid latine dictum sit, altum viditur. :smalltongue:

Forgive my latin grammar/spelling, if it's wrong it's because it's been a while :smallbiggrin:

arguskos
2010-03-06, 01:41 PM
I.. was.. joking. :smallconfused:

...they really are fascinating to me, but in a more general way XD
Twas a broad, all-purpose, response. Not directed towards your precise intent exactly. :smallwink:

Kneenibble
2010-03-06, 01:55 PM
Quid quid latine dictum sit, altum viditur. :smalltongue:

Forgive my latin grammar/spelling, if it's wrong it's because it's been a while :smallbiggrin:

Quidquid is one word, and it's videtur, but otherwise we happy.
And verum est. Quam ob rem quidem amamus.

This is getting preposterously off topic though, so...

Murdim, you must know some really ungroovy people if that's the major attitude towards bisexuality you perceive.

Can we say those are the major negative attitudes towards it? I really wouldn't say that most people make those assumptions.

Asta Kask
2010-03-06, 02:10 PM
scribere debes lingua modo vera, amans draconum, ni tete loqueris. :smallannoyed:

You ought to write only in a true language, loving Draconic (?), you should not speak it yourself. (?)

Yes, I cheated.

Raistlin1040
2010-03-06, 02:12 PM
Can we say those are the major negative attitudes towards it? I really wouldn't say that most people make those assumptions.
I'd argue that there are quite a few people, who would otherwise be considered tolerant towards alternate sexualitites, who make those types of assumptions.

Asta Kask
2010-03-06, 02:16 PM
And on the flip side, I've met bisexuals who believe, quite firmly, that everyone's really bisexual - they just haven't discovered it. And they don't seem to understand that this is just a variant of "Lesbians just haven't met a real man."

*sigh*

Unfortunately, having people prejudiced against you is no vaccine against prejudice. We need a "this makes me tired" emoticon...

Raistlin1040
2010-03-06, 02:24 PM
It'd sure be simpler if everyone were bisexual, and to a certain degree, I imagine everyone is. 100% is a rather large percentage, anyway, so I doubt anyone is COMPLETELY either way. To assume everyone is SIGNIFICANTLY bisexual is rather silly though.

Derjuin
2010-03-06, 02:27 PM
And on the flip side, I've met bisexuals who believe, quite firmly, that everyone's really bisexual - they just haven't discovered it. And they don't seem to understand that this is just a variant of "Lesbians just haven't met a real man."

*sigh*

Unfortunately, having people prejudiced against you is no vaccine against prejudice. We need a "this makes me tired" emoticon...

:smallsigh: works somewhat well for that.

I intensely dislike views like that :smallannoyed: They give me the feeling that the speaker is somehow trying to not only diminutize the other person's feelings, but they are also trying to promote their superiority over that person...I dunno, that's just how I see them :shrug:

golentan
2010-03-06, 02:29 PM
Everyone finds Anguiform's avy hawt (sorry, but other people are using Vipermorph and I feel the need to buck the trend now). Her genitalia, and whether she was flashing us, once derailed an entire thread for several pages.

Kneenibble
2010-03-06, 02:32 PM
You ought to write only in a true language, loving Draconic (?), you should not speak it yourself. (?)

Yes, I cheated.
Very close.
draco, draconis, m. dragon.
ni (nive), if not, unless, otherwise
Paint me an idiot, I meant to say tibi, not tete, if that helps.

I'd argue that there are quite a few people, who would otherwise be considered tolerant towards alternate sexualitites, who make those types of assumptions.
Ah yes, this topic has come up before, hasn't it? That people are less groovy about bisexuals for some reason.

I still haven't witnessed such attitudes myself though.

Closak
2010-03-06, 02:51 PM
Everyone finds Anguiform's avy hawt (sorry, but other people are using Vipermorph and I feel the need to buck the trend now). Her genitalia, and whether she was flashing us, once derailed an entire thread for several pages.

I remember that.

I asked a question, Serpentine answered, and suddenly the whole thread went overboard.

Heh :smallamused:

I seem to remember that i was laughing at people's reactions.

Derjuin
2010-03-06, 03:31 PM
Hmm...

I really want to buy this shirt, 'cause it's awesome 'n' stuff. But...how should I put it...I don't know how the community would perceive it. I know "Do what you want, be what you want" is a big motto-type thing, but everyone knowing about me (mostly because I don't know how well my area receives peoples of nonheteronormative sexualities and gender ideals...) might not be the best thing right now...Heck, they might even think I'm something I'm not...but...

:smallannoyed: Blarg.

... ... ... because this post totally needed more ellipseseses.:smallbiggrin:

edit: Am I being too paranoid with this whole ordeal? >>;

Lix Lorn
2010-03-06, 04:07 PM
I'm with you on that. I wanna get the Julia Greenhilt shirt.
'I'm true Neutral. I go both ways.'

Faulty
2010-03-06, 05:05 PM
Ah yes, this topic has come up before, hasn't it? That people are less groovy about bisexuals for some reason.

I still haven't witnessed such attitudes myself though.

It could be a "queerer than thou" thing. The fact that the bisexual person engages in or might engage in heterosexual sex or relations might be a cred ruining thing. I'm pretty sure it's also a touchy subject with some radical lesbian feminists who are of the separatist variety, but those people are nuts anyway.

Pyrian
2010-03-06, 05:32 PM
Unfortunately, having people prejudiced against you is no vaccine against prejudice.One of the saddest tragedies of humanity, IMO, is that we tend to learn by example, even when we're victimized by that example.

Faulty
2010-03-06, 05:42 PM
Shakespeare acutely understood that one.

53 To bait fish withal: if it will feed nothing else,
54 it will feed my revenge. He hath disgraced me, and
55 hindered me half a million; laughed at my losses,
56 mocked at my gains, scorned my nation, thwarted my
57 bargains, cooled my friends, heated mine
58 enemies; and what's his reason? I am a Jew. Hath
59 not a Jew eyes? hath not a Jew hands, organs,
60 dimensions, senses, affections, passions? fed with
61 the same food, hurt with the same weapons, subject
62 to the same diseases, healed by the same means,
63 warmed and cooled by the same winter and summer, as
64 a Christian is? If you prick us, do we not bleed?
65 if you tickle us, do we not laugh? if you poison
66 us, do we not die? and if you wrong us, shall we not
67 revenge? If we are like you in the rest, we will
68 resemble you in that. If a Jew wrong a Christian,
69 what is his humility? Revenge. If a Christian
70 wrong a Jew, what should his sufferance be by
71 Christian example? Why, revenge. The villany you
72 teach me, I will execute, and it shall go hard but I
73 will better the instruction.

Lix Lorn
2010-03-06, 06:07 PM
Good old Shakey.

Kneenibble
2010-03-07, 12:44 AM
It could be a "queerer than thou" thing. The fact that the bisexual person engages in or might engage in heterosexual sex or relations might be a cred ruining thing. I'm pretty sure it's also a touchy subject with some radical lesbian feminists who are of the separatist variety, but those people are nuts anyway.
I would definitely not put that attitude past the radical lesbian feminist community, but -- and I ask as one really without any feelers out in a gay community except the occasional bacchinalia in a bar -- does that same attitude exist towards bisexual men from the gay side of things? 'cause gay men just don't have that body of academic discourse that legitimizes (sort of) seperateness.

golentan
2010-03-07, 12:57 AM
I would definitely not put that attitude past the radical lesbian feminist community, but -- and I ask as one really without any feelers out in a gay community except the occasional bacchinalia in a bar -- does that same attitude exist towards bisexual men from the gay side of things? 'cause gay men just don't have that body of academic discourse that legitimizes (sort of) seperateness.

I've noticed it, occasionally. People insisting I'm one thing or the other, and getting upset about not fitting the mould (claiming I'm in denial, for example), and sometimes getting downright angry. Some nasty words have been spoken.

But it's very rare.

Faulty
2010-03-07, 12:57 AM
I don't know. Other than the radical lesbian feminist thing (I once read a screed by a radical lesbian separatist feminist who watched Firefly and divined from it that Joss Whedon most likely rapes his wife, so I'm pretty sure that's the case at times) my post was conjecture.

Asta Kask
2010-03-07, 03:28 AM
Shakespeare acutely understood that one.

53 To bait fish withal: if it will feed nothing else,
54 it will feed my revenge. He hath disgraced me, and
55 hindered me half a million; laughed at my losses,
56 mocked at my gains, scorned my nation, thwarted my
57 bargains, cooled my friends, heated mine
58 enemies; and what's his reason? I am a Jew. Hath
59 not a Jew eyes? hath not a Jew hands, organs,
60 dimensions, senses, affections, passions? fed with
61 the same food, hurt with the same weapons, subject
62 to the same diseases, healed by the same means,
63 warmed and cooled by the same winter and summer, as
64 a Christian is? If you prick us, do we not bleed?
65 if you tickle us, do we not laugh? if you poison
66 us, do we not die? and if you wrong us, shall we not
67 revenge? If we are like you in the rest, we will
68 resemble you in that. If a Jew wrong a Christian,
69 what is his humility? Revenge. If a Christian
70 wrong a Jew, what should his sufferance be by
71 Christian example? Why, revenge. The villany you
72 teach me, I will execute, and it shall go hard but I
73 will better the instruction.

Change a few words and you have Redcloak.

MickJay
2010-03-07, 06:26 AM
Change a few words, and you've got pretty much anyone (with very few, rare, exceptions) :smallwink:

As for the whole "everyone is bisexual", I pretty much disagree with it. There's normally a phase during adolescence when it's, to some extent, true, but this fluidity usually disappears, and the orientation becomes more or less fixed somewhere along the axis (it may still shift later on, especially in case of bisexuals, though). Looking at a 20 point scale: sure, very few people will be at (-10) or at (10), but that doesn't mean everyone else is bisexual.

Lix Lorn
2010-03-07, 06:45 AM
Yeah, very few people are fully a ten cause even straight guys sometimes go 'wow, she's hot WTFUDGE THAT'S A GUY!'

Ninja Chocobo
2010-03-07, 06:56 AM
Yeah, very few people are fully a ten cause even straight guys sometimes go 'wow, she's hot WTFUDGE THAT'S A GUY!'

Pretty sure that doesn't make them attracted to dudes in the slightest.

Beelzebub1111
2010-03-07, 07:09 AM
Pretty sure that doesn't make them attracted to dudes in the slightest.

Well, attracted to a specific kind of dude, more accurately a dude that WAY looks like a chick.

Lix Lorn
2010-03-07, 07:11 AM
That's what i meant.

Ninja Chocobo
2010-03-07, 07:12 AM
Well, attracted to a specific kind of dude, more accurately a dude that WAY looks like a chick.

No, they're attracted to the chick-characteristics of a person. When they notice the dude-characteristics, they are no longer attracted. Yo?

SMEE
2010-03-07, 07:14 AM
Hi,

I'm 14 years old, and i'm worried about my sexuality. I always feel woozy everytime i see my crush, but i also sometimes have thoughts about men. Could this just be the teenaged hormones thing that could settle, or is there something i should take into consideration. If i am bisexual, i'll not be able to tell my family. they are caring, but strongly catholic and would be extrememly upset. Thanks

Another message hit the anon email box.

albis
2010-03-07, 07:44 AM
Originally Posted by Anonymous person
Hi,

I'm 14 years old, and i'm worried about my sexuality. I always feel woozy everytime i see my crush, but i also sometimes have thoughts about men. Could this just be the teenaged hormones thing that could settle, or is there something i should take into consideration. If i am bisexual, i'll not be able to tell my family. they are caring, but strongly catholic and would be extrememly upset. Thanks

Well, this kind of thing takes time to either settle or go away... I started thinking about the possibilities of getting involved with people of my same gender around age 16 and one or two years later, give or take, I've settled as bisexual and it feels pretty natural to me, and I also live in a situation where nobody cares much about it...
I don't think you can just up and "turn" bisexual in a vampire-like way, and your thoughts might actually be just curiosity fueled by hormones, I'd say give yourself some time to think it over and to wonder if you could really go through with being involved with men...
...until then, I'd define you as "straight until further notice", and don't worry, there's a lot of time ahead of you to consider all the possibilities...
...if you do end up in a situation that puts you in a tight spot with your family, you'll have to think about it then... an Italian saying, translated roughly, says: "don't patch up your head before you break it" :smallwink:

Beelzebub1111
2010-03-07, 07:44 AM
Dear Anonymous Qestioner:
My money is on teenage hormones. I wouldn't worry too much about it and just put it out of your mind for now. Enjoy your youth, ask out your crush. Take chances! Make Mistakes! Get Messy!

Forever Curious
2010-03-07, 08:18 AM
My money is on teenage hormones. I wouldn't worry too much about it and just put it out of your mind for now. Enjoy your youth, ask out your crush. Take chances! Make Mistakes! Get Messy!

I knew I should have stayed home today...:smalltongue:

Coidzor
2010-03-07, 01:34 PM

That's usually more under the category of optical illusions and deliberate trickery though.

Lix Lorn
2010-03-07, 01:36 PM
How is that?

Lyesmith
2010-03-07, 03:44 PM
How is that?

I've pulled the old "it's a trap!" move more times than I can count. And it rarely stops being funny.

Coidzor
2010-03-07, 04:10 PM
How is that?

Well, what else do you call taking advantage of your costuming skills in order to be a provocateur?

golentan
2010-03-07, 04:14 PM
Well, what else do you call taking advantage of your costuming skills in order to be a provocateur?

Wednesdays?

Lix Lorn
2010-03-07, 04:45 PM
You three win the game. XD

Viera Champion
2010-03-07, 08:19 PM

Ah... Good ole Miss Frizzle...

Beelzebub1111
2010-03-07, 08:32 PM
Ah... Good ole Miss Frizzle...
It's good advice to live by.

golentan
2010-03-07, 10:14 PM
It's good advice to live by.

But don't get so messy that one of your mistakes stays with you your whole life. Exploring your attractions is one thing, getting a venereal disease or a kid is another.

albis
2010-03-08, 02:00 AM
Very, very true.

Rutskarn
2010-03-08, 02:03 AM
And only get messy if you're into that sort of thing.

I'm going to go ahead and leave that statement open to interpretation.

I enjoy lurking in this thread a little bit too much.

golentan
2010-03-08, 02:11 AM
And only get messy if you're into that sort of thing.

I'm going to go ahead and leave that statement open to interpretation.

I enjoy lurking in this thread a little bit too much.

There are people who aren't?

That's okay, I enjoy posting in this thread more than a little too much. It's no fun if nobody reads it.

Jacklu
2010-03-08, 02:39 AM
To be honest, I feel a mixed sense of fear and pleasure from posting in this thread. Pleasure from talking to people about stuff that interests me and possibly help people going through what I do, fear because there are people on the site that know me IRL and it is always a risk people will see it and it will somehow get back to other friends and eventually family and... blech. Posting the thread itself was a bit of a big move for me.

cycoris
2010-03-08, 02:54 AM
To be honest, I feel a mixed sense of fear and pleasure from posting in this thread. Pleasure from talking to people about stuff that interests me and possibly help people going through what I do, fear because there are people on the site that know me IRL and it is always a risk people will see it and it will somehow get back to other friends and eventually family and... blech. Posting the thread itself was a bit of a big move for me.

*hugs tight*

I am similarly paranoid, which is why I lurklurklurk as heavily as I do.

Any possible responses are typed up in a word document, and subsequently deleted so that I can go through the process of figuring out what I think about something without actually having anyone know about it. Am trying to break the habit a bit, as evidenced by this post. :smallredface:

Lix Lorn
2010-03-08, 05:07 AM
Congrats, Cycoris!
I'm pretty safe here. No-one knows me IRL, but there are people who know me on here and know me somewhere else where there ARE people who knoe me IRL and i'm paranoid. O_o

Coidzor
2010-03-08, 05:48 AM

Remember, Jackie, the worst they can do is kill you and in this day and age, murder of that sort is harder and harder to cover up, so odds are quite good it'll be found out about and justice served.

It's surprisingly liberating having the only kind of dirt in regards to this thread that could be spilled regularly used to tease me in front of people by my best friend, such that it's pretty much a certainty that anyone who gets to know me is going to find out. And really the only people who I'd really mind knowing would be my parents and I have a pretty equal opportunity bit about not wanting to discuss sordid things with them.

Asta Kask
2010-03-08, 06:01 AM
I never post anything about my possibly embarassing sexual kink, but otherwise I'm fairly open about myself, my diseases (panic disorder and major depression), etc. But I can understand where you're coming from. My only advise is to keep posting about things you feel you can talk about - it's valuable practice for if you decide to speak about more personal things.

Beelzebub1111
2010-03-08, 08:00 AM
Well congratulations are in order. I only started posting on this thread a little while ago, but So far, I have been made welcome here. So what's your story? If you don't want to share, then that's fine, too.

Lix Lorn
2010-03-08, 11:06 AM
Remember, Jackie, the worst they can do is kill you and in this day and age, murder of that sort is harder and harder to cover up, so odds are quite good it'll be found out about and justice served.

...and in a slightly less HOLYCRAP I'M GONNA DIE kind of a way, that means they're LESS LIKELY TO DO IT.

I have DEEPLY embarrassing kinks. XD Many of them. :smallamused:

Anyway, i joined maybe a week or two ago, and i've been fine here. :smallsmile:

Derjuin
2010-03-08, 11:10 AM
I find it comforting that there's a place I can talk about myself, without having anyone that I know seeing what I type and trying to figure out for themselves what I am. Though, this also has a downside: I have almost no one IRL that I can talk to about this, except my counselor whose office is an hour and a half away, in Rehoboth (Delaware) :smallfrown:

Lix Lorn
2010-03-08, 11:20 AM
I don't have a councellor. Don't even know how to START getting one. O_o
I mean, what do i do, phone my doctor and go 'Lol'sup? I'm GiD or some shizzle like dat, i need some therapy, yo! By the by, i have dodgy accent sindrom man! Five by Five? Blue Skies.'

(Anyone who gets every accent and reference is loved forever.)

Asta Kask
2010-03-08, 11:27 AM
I have DEEPLY embarrassing kinks. XD Many of them. :smallamused:

Intriguing... care to share? :smallwink:

Lix Lorn
2010-03-08, 12:09 PM
Depends, what's your Squick Save?

golentan
2010-03-08, 12:30 PM
Well congratulations are in order. I only started posting on this thread a little while ago, but So far, I have been made welcome here. So what's your story? If you don't want to share, then that's fine, too.

*Psst* Jacklu is a regular since Forevah. Check who started the thread. :smallwink:

Lorolar
2010-03-08, 12:36 PM
Squick save against kinks? I'm sure I get a plus five bonus against those :smalltongue:

Lix Lorn
2010-03-08, 12:54 PM
You need at least seven levels in the Shipper Prestige Class for a high enough squick save to survive me. XD A +16 bonus should do.

Beelzebub1111
2010-03-08, 01:02 PM
*Psst* Jacklu is a regular since Forevah. Check who started the thread. :smallwink:

Well I feel dumb...

You need at least seven levels in the Shipper Prestige Class for a high enough squick save to survive me. XD A +16 bonus should do.
My save vs Squick is unbelievable. I have braved the very depths of tentacle monster cove, I've overlooked the gaping chasms of expletive deleted with nary a hint of vomit in my mouth, I've seen things that no man should and lived to tell the tale. Yes...I have a good squick save. There is nothing you could say that could shock me.

golentan
2010-03-08, 01:02 PM

My racial traits include "Alien Mind: +20 save vs. mental effects caused by humanoids." Does that include Squick Saves or is Squick more of a Fortitude thing?

Quincunx
2010-03-08, 01:18 PM
You all have drunk human milk. That's sufficiently squicky to override much.

Ziren
2010-03-08, 01:25 PM
I wanted to write something witty about the whole "squick"-deal, but it doesn't get any better than this:

I'd take my hat off to you, but I don't wear hats.

Lix Lorn
2010-03-08, 01:40 PM
Squick is a will save and a fortitude save combined.
Also, you drink human milk before reaching full awareness.

Does remind me of this (http://xkcd.com/291/) though. XD
(Ever so slightly NSFW)

Oh, and i'll believe you have a good squick save when you have read the entire Encyclopedia Dramatica Offended page and watched 2girls1cup to the end.

(I recommend neither. O_o)

golentan
2010-03-08, 01:45 PM

That's not that bad, that's what milk is for. Just because almost everyone has licked their mother's nipples at some point it isn't cause for a mental breakdown.

And father's too. Apparently a large number of people try to latch onto anyone in range, even before puberty.

Pyrian
2010-03-08, 02:50 PM
This may be relevant to your discussion:

http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=8035976#post8035976

Asta Kask
2010-03-08, 03:20 PM
I suspect some kind of translation error. Perhaps they shouldn't have used Babelfish?

arguskos
2010-03-08, 03:26 PM
Squick? Bah I say, bah! Little is truly squickish, just different. :smalltongue:

RabbitHoleLost
2010-03-08, 03:27 PM

Not I.
Unless baby formula DOES have human milk in it, or I'm missing some crucial factor.
If not, I have drunk imitation human milk.

...Not sure that's better.

As for the conversation on the last page, all of my friends who might find out from Giant...already know. Hell, everyone already knows.
Even my boyfriend, now, and he's totally chill with it.
Though I can't imagine that he wouldn't have been okay with a pansexual girlfriend.
:: shrugs::
Kinks...are things that stray the lines of the rules of Playground.
Rabbit has many of them.
I refuse to share here >>

Nameless
2010-03-08, 04:11 PM

What is this? An AA meeting? :smalltongue:

Lorolar
2010-03-08, 04:13 PM
*Puts hand in the air* My name is MESSAGE REDACTED and I'm an alcho- wait... you mean this isnt the AA o.o

Then all those men werent trying to help cure me of my alcholol intake?

Jacklu
2010-03-08, 04:21 PM
Hehehe... People thought my post about being nervous posting here was an introduction. =P No no... I have gone into much detail about myself in this thread. I was just saying that it carries a bit of risk when I do so. I would hope that if the people who know me (you know who you are) ever read this, they will be kind enough not to mention it to anyone they know I know. Please??? :smallfrown: It is unlikely they will ever see it, though. As they usually confine themselves to other sections of the boards. But from time to time they make posts here in FB. :smalleek:

Lorolar
2010-03-08, 04:25 PM
*offers free hugs*

Even if they did on occassion wander into random banter they have no reason to show up here unless they're either pledging support or are planning on becoming a member of the thread:smallwink:

Besides, you've been on this long as nothing has happened (I read tis whole thread, I was proud ^^). No need to worry.

arguskos
2010-03-08, 04:35 PM
Yeah, Jacklu, I have this feeling that if someone was going to be malicious towards you, it'd have already happened. Now, that's not reason to not be vigilant, but it is cause to relax a little. Besides, we really like you, so it's all good. :smallwink:

Lix Lorn
2010-03-08, 04:52 PM
Yep, you're probably safe! ^_^
Mine aren't that bad. (laughing)

Pyrian
2010-03-08, 05:02 PM
Kinks...are things that stray the lines of the rules of Playground.
Rabbit has many of them.
I refuse to share here >>I dunno, your avatar pretty much gives the game away. Cross-dressing tea parties! :smallbiggrin:

Derjuin
2010-03-08, 05:14 PM
Besides, we really like you, so it's all good. :smallwink:

This, super-duperfied :smallbiggrin: well, for me at least :smallredface:

<3 ya Jackie :smallsmile:

Jacklu
2010-03-08, 05:36 PM
^_^ I tell myself continuously that if I have been posting for three LGBT threads so far and nothing has happened, then I should be in the clear. But you never know. Anyways. You folks all make me feel warm and fuzzy. <333 Thank you.

Lix Lorn
2010-03-08, 05:55 PM
HUGPILE
(hugs)

Jacklu
2010-03-08, 06:02 PM
*hugs* ^_^

Ashen Lilies
2010-03-08, 06:06 PM
I've also been posting here for a total of three... er... posts, and I'm still paranoid when my name shows as the last poster on the thread. Like, right now (quick, someone post after me!).
BUT, in other news, I told a friend of mine that I was bisexual yesterday as a totally spur of the moment happenstance, and she took at rather well. Will see if today brings any further conversation.
>.>
*joins hugpile*
*flees... AGAIN*
lurklurklurk

Falgorn
2010-03-08, 06:13 PM
*gives a shy little wave*
Hey. I'm Falgorn, and I have a question-ish statement.

Well, I found out my best friends in middle school were gay, including the girl I had a crush on.
Today. I'm in high school now.

I don't know if I'm shocked, happy, or offended that they didn't tell me earlier...
So...
I just don't know. I thought this would be the most relevant place to post this information.

cycoris
2010-03-08, 06:22 PM
I've also been posting here for a total of three... er... posts, and I'm still paranoid when my name shows as the last poster on the thread. Like, right now (quick, someone post after me!).
BUT, in other news, I told a friend of mine that I was bisexual yesterday as a totally spur of the moment happenstance, and she took at rather well. Will see if today brings any further conversation.
>.>
*joins hugpile*
*flees... AGAIN*
lurklurklurk

Funny, I did this exact thing yesterday, the first person I've told face-to-face. He took it rather a lot better than I expected, so yay! :smallbiggrin:

*glomps the hugpile*
*POOF!*

Lix Lorn
2010-03-08, 06:27 PM
(posts after)
^_^

Hugs are good for the soul~

Jacklu
2010-03-08, 07:19 PM
Falgorn: I don't have all the facts, clearly, but my first reaction is, well, coming out is a very scary thing to do. Especially to people who you care about their reaction. I wouldn't be offended that they waited so long to tell you, if only because from their side of things, it was probably something they worried about and debated doing for a while now. Just going off of my own experience, of course. As for the shocked/happy part, that is really up to you. Though being angry that they are gay is not really going to do much. Shocked is okay. =P Okay, maybe not dropping your jaw and saying "Whaaaaaaa???" to them, but being surprised is hardly something you can be blamed for.

Kidkris: Congrats! Hope things go well for you!

Cycoris: Same to you! Maybe some day I'll be able to do the same. =/

cycoris
2010-03-08, 07:25 PM
Cycoris: Same to you! Maybe some day I'll be able to do the same. =/

I only told him because someone we both know had threatened to drop hints (or anvils) if I didn't*. Not that I'm suggesting anything, but a catalyst can do wonders... :smalltongue:

*No I'm not angry at the person who did this. I had already admitted that there were reasons to tell my other friend but that I didn't think I could get my guts up to actually do so. He merely provided the motivation we both knew I needed.

Thufir
2010-03-08, 07:38 PM
I dunno, your avatar pretty much gives the game away. Cross-dressing tea parties! :smallbiggrin:

Wait, there are people who don't like those? :smallconfused:

golentan
2010-03-08, 08:01 PM
Wait, there are people who don't like those? :smallconfused:

Me. If you're crossdressing at a tea party for your kink, it sort of implies that you're wearing clothes...

CrimsonAngel
2010-03-08, 09:27 PM
Came out (Bi) to a freind of mine. Just now.

And now to the thousands of you people.

Hope my dad dosen't find this.

Jacklu
2010-03-08, 09:34 PM
Hello CA! Welcome! *hugs* Make yourself at home, and best of luck.

CrimsonAngel
2010-03-08, 09:35 PM
Assimilation... :smalleek: I never thought it would happen to me.

golentan
2010-03-08, 09:49 PM
Assimilation... :smalleek: I never thought it would happen to me.

It hasn't yet. We're going to make you part of the LGBT hive mind, but which limb would you like replaced and would you like any special features? I can go plasma rifle if it's covered by your insurance, but there I suggest using an arm.

MUAHAHAHAHA!!! *spins up the buzz saw*

arguskos
2010-03-08, 09:51 PM
Came out (Bi) to a freind of mine. Just now.

And now to the thousands of you people.

Hope my dad dosen't find this.
I've yet to tell my folks I'm bi either. I need to get around to that sometime, probably, maybe, eh. :smallsigh:

Beelzebub1111
2010-03-08, 10:05 PM
I haven't told my family because I'm affraid that they'd try to fix me up. Or worse, give that smug "I knew it" response.

arguskos
2010-03-08, 10:13 PM
I haven't told my family because I'm affraid that they'd try to fix me up. Or worse, give that smug "I knew it" response.
I haven't told mine, cause, uh, my family is, while lovely in many ways, not that tolerant of such things, and I don't want Dad to end my relationship with my baby brother over something such as this. :smallfrown:

Jacklu
2010-03-08, 10:45 PM
I haven't told my family because, while I am now fairly certain my mom would react fairly well, my father has kicked siblings out of the house for less, and with the job I have now, I can't afford to pay rent. So its live in the closet, or live on the streets. >:p

CrimsonAngel
2010-03-08, 11:11 PM
My mom is a political homophobic who never seems to cry. Except when she saw Watership Down, apparently. Even my dad calls her ice princess.

Forever Curious
2010-03-08, 11:25 PM
So...I've been lurking in this thread for a while, just listening of your amusing antics.

Let it be known I'm straight, but view orientation as just another thing (like hair color, addiction, fashion, etc.) and not something to judge by.

...and I was going somewhere with this, but I lost it.:smallfrown: Regardless, hello.

Jacklu
2010-03-08, 11:34 PM
Hello! Yeah, I see orientation as just another aspect of any given person. Unfortunately, not everyone does. Which caused trouble. But that is a discussion which can quickly lead towards non-board friendly discussions. Suffice to say, being different can really suck sometimes. :smallfrown:

Forever Curious
2010-03-08, 11:36 PM
Hello! Yeah, I see orientation as just another aspect of any given person. Unfortunately, not everyone does. Which caused trouble. But that is a discussion which can quickly lead towards non-board friendly discussions. Suffice to say, being different can really suck sometimes. :smallfrown:

Agreed. But that's the conundrum of the day: lie to yourself for self preservation or be who you are and risk...everything in some cases.

Derjuin
2010-03-08, 11:59 PM
That's partially the conundrum I'm in right now...I work at the college
I attend, so it's like...half the people on campus who are full time employees know me...I wouldn't be surprised if half the teachers knew me though, I've spent way too much time here and I'm still stuck going down the road into a career I most likely will not enjoy, which has absolutely nothing to do with why I'm overly paranoid of going to school as myself, instead of a lie. :smallredface:

I've said it a lot, but I'm quite unsure of the attitudes of the people in the area, regarding sexual orientation and gender ideals. Though, I'm not exactly sure, but I think I saw a guy over at the college wearing a (rather awesome) tinkerbell shirt...which, you know, the fact that he wears it around and no one (that I know of) has given him grief about it, might say something about the mindsets of those on campus. :shrug:

Anywho. Welcome Crimson Angel :) if I may recommend, having one of the Great Hivemind's arms attached to your back is a wonderful addition. :smallbiggrin:

Serpentine
2010-03-09, 12:16 AM
You all have drunk human milk. That's sufficiently squicky to override much.My sister says it tastes like caramel milk. She's offered to let me try some, and I've gotta admit I'm tempted...

TheCountAlucard
2010-03-09, 12:22 AM
My sister says it tastes like caramel milk. She's offered to let me try some, and I've gotta admit I'm tempted......whose is it? :smalleek:

I imagine that like Soylent Cola, the taste would vary from person to person. :smallamused:

Pyrian
2010-03-09, 12:35 AM
Caramel milk... That sounds yummy. :smallconfused: It would have probably been better if nobody'd ever put this thought in my head.

Let it be known I'm straight......But forever curious. :smallbiggrin:

Serpentine
2010-03-09, 12:37 AM
...whose is it? :smalleek:Hers. Few month old baby that's going to have to only eat breast milk for longer than most babies because of major surgery at a week old. Any yeah, I'd imagine the taste could change a bit depending on what you eat.

golentan
2010-03-09, 12:40 AM
Hers. Few month old baby that's going to have to only eat breast milk for longer than most babies because of major surgery at a week old. Any yeah, I'd imagine the taste could change a bit depending on what you eat.

It does. I recommend your sis stay away from onions, those have the biggest effect, and a not altogether pleasant one.

...What? I know from when I lactated. I decided to see what all of the fuss was about.

...What? I've been here 8000 years, I've pretty roughly alternated male and female, you think I've never had a kid?

Why does everyone keep staring at me... The eyes, they won't stop judging...

TheCountAlucard
2010-03-09, 12:41 AM
Hers.Heh, intriguing...

Few month old baby that's going to have to only eat breast milk for longer than most babies because of major surgery at a week old.I see...

Any yeah, I'd imagine the taste could change a bit depending on what you eat.Jeez, now I'm thinking of that Family Guy episode where everyone has to get their milk from Hilary Swank. :smalltongue:

Kneenibble
2010-03-09, 01:06 AM
Agreed. But that's the conundrum of the day: lie to yourself for self preservation or be who you are and risk...everything in some cases.

I understand and appreciate the sentiment, cinnamon, but just for the edification of those people with less life experience trying to mediate their internal differences with the expectations of the world:

You can conceal your inner life from the world without lying to yourself. Sometime's it's necessary. Sometime's it's called courtesy.

Not everybody needs to know everything about you to say that you have personal integrity: you do not have to advertise your whole insides to say that you have pride. Secrets are magic (read, Confucius says gay men shouldn't wear burning sleeves).

Not only that, but there is a certain power in subtlety and tacitness: expression within conformation that both acknowledges and transcends the norm. I'm talking here, just so I don't sound so stoned-mystic, specifically about gender performance and queering: behaviour and apparel.

This kind of restraint makes those times when it's necessary to unleash the full bitch-queen-******-god all the more powerful.

Anyhow, I'm not trying to stick it to you personally, Forever Curious (these yous are all the impersonal 2nd person), I'm just using what you said as a springboard to direct some thoughts more generally outwards.

Please forgive the possible whiff of cheap incense around this post, but it comes from my heart.

Now, may I interest anyone in a moustache ride?

Rutskarn
2010-03-09, 01:12 AM
I dunno, is it a humanely-raised mustache? I need to know it's been fed regularly and kept free from abuse. Too many mustache handlers don't treat the poor things well, then make them caper about for the amusement of the customers.

Kneenibble
2010-03-09, 01:22 AM
It's whatever kind of moustache you want it to be, pretzel.

Hell, I could make it a milk moustache. :smallwink:

golentan
2010-03-09, 01:23 AM
Now, may I interest anyone in a moustache ride?

You know my answer. :smallredface:

I may not be much for chivalry in the literal sense, but I'll treat you the way a stallion should be treated.

Kneenibble
2010-03-09, 01:30 AM
And don't spare the spurs, sailor!

:smalleek: That's a badly mixed metaphor, I can do better than that. Hmm.

Sorry cream puff, my dirty horse puns fail me.

Wanna get my horse puns dirty again?

Theeere it is.

golentan
2010-03-09, 01:38 AM
You got it, hot stuff. I'll bring the riding crop if you bring a lasso. :smallredface:

Arutema
2010-03-09, 02:06 AM
[QUOTE=Serpentine;8012191]Is this a good time to repost my sexuality chart?

Interesting chart. I'm honestly not sure where to place myself on it.

Physically, I am attracted to women, and the idea of a het romance does appeal to me. Emotionally, however, women terrify me. A series of false starts and disastrous almost-relationships has left me feeling utterly incapable of trusting a woman at that level, or even asking one out.

Not really interested in guys.

So do I belong somewhere in the boring mostly-het part of the chart, or am I just asexual and in denial?

Edit: Oh, and sorry if this doesn't really belong in a LGBT thread.

golentan
2010-03-09, 02:15 AM
Is this a good time to repost my sexuality chart?

Interesting chart. I'm honestly not sure where to place myself on it.

Physically, I am attracted to women, and the idea of a het romance does appeal to me. Emotionally, however, women terrify me. A series of false starts and disastrous almost-relationships has left me feeling utterly incapable of trusting a woman at that level, or even asking one out.

Not really interested in guys.

So do I belong somewhere in the boring mostly-het part of the chart, or am I just asexual and in denial?

Edit: Oh, and sorry if this doesn't really belong in a LGBT thread.

That sounds very het. Maybe misanthropic/misogynist, but not in a terrible way if you know what I mean, and definitely het. Maybe Relationship woes can help if you take it over there. Not all women are bad, you know. Not even most.

RS14
2010-03-09, 02:23 AM
That sounds very het. Maybe misanthropic/misogynist, but not in a terrible way if you know what I mean, and definitely het. Maybe Relationship woes can help if you take it over there. Not all women are bad, you know. Not even most.

All humans tend towards evil. Didn't you notice? :smallconfused:

This message brought to you by your friendly neighborhood misanthrope.

But yes, it sounds generally more like general distrust than asexuality. I've got a good friend who went through a similar period after one awful relationship and a few more failed relationships a few years ago. He is now in what seems to be a good relationship that has been going for several months.

Think of it this way: you have learned from your experiences, and are now more able to evade any pitfalls of future relationships.

Arutema
2010-03-09, 03:11 AM
All humans tend towards evil. Didn't you notice? :smallconfused:

Think of it this way: you have learned from your experiences, and are now more able to evade any pitfalls of future relationships.

Yes, I did notice.

Sadly, the only thing I seem to have learned so far it "never have a relationship." This is hardly a useful lesson.

golentan
2010-03-09, 03:48 AM
Nonsense, humans tend towards irritating and petty, and maybe towards bavarian fire drills.

If you want to talk about species evil tendency, come back to the table after you've committed your 7th unprovoked xenocide, and we'll talk. Until then you're evil-lite. Great evil taste, half the evil calories.

I think I'll give you one, for the Neanderthals. Call it a charity point. 6 to go.

Note: please do not actually commit xenocide. It is wrong and terrible and haunts my nightmares. Genocide too. And murder. Actually, just generally refrain from unnecessary killins'. This hypocritical message brought to you by Golentan ni Kyrana lis Agnerak va Ishmar Livira Keru te Segata, the highlighted part of whose name literally means "Devourer of Worlds." So... yeah... Been there, done that, bought the t-shirt, do not do the same it only leads to tears and loneliness and insanity and crazed monkeys for company.

Also, in non-crazy land, try dating a different type of girl. Nice, sweet people rarely deliberately yank you around by the brainstem unless you mistake "passive aggressive" for sweet.

Hazyshade
2010-03-09, 05:18 AM
I'm lucky to have an accepting (or rather, uninterested) family, and a thoroughly queer group of friends. So I find it slightly frustrating that I'm utterly straight! Being attracted to people of my own gender would expand the dating pool if nothing else. But I have come to terms with it :smallsmile:

I've kissed people of my own gender, and (to the amusement of my workmates) can certainly appreciate the particularly attractive ones among them. If I wanted to, I could take that as evidence of repressed bisexuality. But I don't - I take it as evidence that I like kissing people and looking at pretty things.

EDIT - I guess on the chart, 9 for straightness and 0 for interest (no objections, but relationship first)

TheCountAlucard
2010-03-09, 05:32 AM
...unless you mistake "passive aggressive" for sweet....you called? :smalltongue:

Derjuin
2010-03-09, 09:11 AM
Wait, wait...Golentan, according to my guidebook of the universe,
the "Devourer of Worlds" is Nathstrokk >> do I just have an older
edition? :smallconfused:

Anyway, to be more on topic...I think it's on topic...uhhhm...as far as relationships go, people come in all shades of capable-of-having-a-sane-relationship. Don't give up hope :smallsmile: ...I dunno if this IS on topic though, since there's a relationship woes thread...:smallconfused:

Ashen Lilies
2010-03-09, 09:17 AM
So... Yet another (female) friend now knows that I'm Bi. And then we spent almost the entirety of math class talking about guys. It was all so very surreal. O_o
We talked about stereotypes and Alice in Wonderland as well.

albis
2010-03-09, 10:41 AM
I saw Alice in Wonderland last Saturday! Nice movie *nods*
...but how does it fit into a conversation starting about bisexuality and/or guys? X°D

Lix Lorn
2010-03-09, 11:08 AM
Silly Albis. Conversations don't make sense!

Annoying is the guy who i get on more than any other is gay. -_-

Asta Kask
2010-03-09, 12:40 PM

This makes me :smallfurious:. No, wait, it makes me :furious:. And baffled (unfortunately, there's no baffled emoticon). How do these people think? Why can't they decide that unless they're invited, they're to stay out of other people's bedrooms*? Gah!

*doesn't have to be bedroom, but probably the most common place for these activities.

Kneenibble
2010-03-09, 01:20 PM
This makes me :smallfurious:. No, wait, it makes me :furious:. And baffled (unfortunately, there's no baffled emoticon). How do these people think? Why can't they decide that unless they're invited, they're to stay out of other people's bedrooms*? Gah!

*doesn't have to be bedroom, but probably the most common place for these activities.
...dates?

I think I'd like to meet you.

albis
2010-03-09, 01:22 PM

"Gah", indeed. My father doesn't seem to care about me being bisexual (I doubt he cares about my feelings at all, he has always taken care of me, taught me all he knew, and undoubtedly loves both me and my sister, he just has never been any good about taking interest in other people's feelings) and is surprisingly relaxed about it, but my mother sometimes still tries to getting me to "reconsider" myself, as if I was a 12 years old incapable of having made such a decision on my own, trying to start it off as "casual" conversation, trying to sound cool and open minded, and always beginning with "personally, I don't really care who does what with whom, everyone is free to pursue their own desires..." ...and usually then there's always a "but" that is subtly directed at me, but she hasn't the guts to say things outright, and we end up arguing, and I go to my room to dismantle something, and then try to fix it up. XD

I love my mother and all, but she has to accept that I'm an adult and I will have relationships and/or sex with whoever the hell I want, though I think she'll sooner go senile than actually understand it...

...sometimes people are just ignorant like that. XD

Asta Kask
2010-03-09, 01:26 PM
...dates?

I think I'd like to meet you.

We'll have to set up something. A Playgroundcon where all the Playgrounders can meet and share experiences.

Jacklu
2010-03-09, 01:35 PM
Blah. Anyways. I'm actually... incredibly shy and reserved about discussions of sexual matters. I won't tell people they are wrong for having them if that is how comfortable they feel about it, but I generally prefer to keep such things to myself. In person at least. Internet anonymity has done wonders for my inhibitions about stuff like that. =P But that is neither here nor there. Or maybe it is. Hmmm... So, cute guys. Yep... Plenty of them out there. ... *awkward silence* And girls, am I right? .... eh.... *longer awkward silence* *cough*

Lyesmith
2010-03-09, 01:48 PM
Oh, being set up. Je deteste! 'Zira, rockin' E-grade French skills

I'm going to this big ol' 18th do soon, and it's a joint thing. The other half of the party, who none of us know, apparently has "loads of gay friends".

I am predicting drunk, irritating vapid teenagers being steered my way.

AND I'm not allowed to say anything nasty, to anyone, or I'll get chucked out.

Seriously. I was considering just sewing my lips shut, or cutting out my tounge or something.

Asta Kask
2010-03-09, 01:51 PM
I am predicting drunk, irritating vapid teenagers being steered my way.

AND I'm not allowed to say anything nasty, to anyone, or I'll get chucked out.

You say this like it's a bad thing.

Seriously, if you get chucked out once or twice then maybe - just maybe - your folks will learn. (But it's easy to say that when you're 36 and living away from home...)

Lyesmith
2010-03-09, 02:01 PM
You say this like it's a bad thing.

Seriously, if you get chucked out once or twice then maybe - just maybe - your folks will learn. (But it's easy to say that when you're 36 and living away from home...)

I appreciate the effort, but previous attempts have been so ham-fistedly inept that I just come to expect the worse now.

It's not like I hand-pick two heterosexuals with massively clashing personalities and outlooks and assume just because they both like the opposite gender they'll get along great.

...Anyway.:smallsigh:
The only "gay" traits I possess are a dint towards bitchiness and liking dudes, really.

Pyrian
2010-03-09, 02:03 PM
...and we end up arguing, and I go to my room to dismantle something... ...but she has to accept that I'm an adult...The part where you go to your room and break something is probably not helping with the latter, y'know. :smallwink:

golentan
2010-03-09, 02:12 PM
I appreciate the effort, but previous attempts have been so ham-fistedly inept that I just come to expect the worse now.

It's not like I hand-pick two heterosexuals with massively clashing personalities and outlooks and assume just because they both like the opposite gender they'll get along great.

The only "gay" traits I possess are a dint towards bitchiness and liking dudes, really.

Maybe it won't be so bad this time. And you can just turn people down if they are so bad. But yeah, parents' responses to LGBT things tend to be one of 3 things.

1st: Doesn't care.

2nd: Tries to make you "reconsider." Definitely my least favorite, so I will refrain from posting my un-board safe opinions here.

3rd: Goes too far the other way and tries to help "Set you Up" in the most awkward, uncomfortable, unhelpful way imaginable.

My parents went the third way. I think it's probably a response to repressed homophobia: Both of them grew up in homophobic environments, and while they grew out of it I think they're overcompensating.

albis
2010-03-09, 02:49 PM
The part where you go to your room and break something is probably not helping with the latter, y'know. :smallwink:

Not breaking, dismantling. I meant it literally.
I entertain myself that way, Like, I open up my pc, remove the components one by one, brush the dust off them, and then put it back together.
And I do that with any other thing that's made up of pieces... it's a method to calm myself down. XD

Asta Kask
2010-03-09, 02:58 PM
I solve math puzzles in my head. Whatever floats your boat.

Lix Lorn
2010-03-09, 03:15 PM
My parents are worried about me but fine. They're not completely sure that i won't grow out of it, but the are trying to help as best they can.

CrimsonAngel
2010-03-09, 04:08 PM
Well, the guy I told told a girl who realy likes me. I hope it dosen't spread.

Just to make sure, i'm going to kille him. :smallannoyed:

Worira
2010-03-09, 04:17 PM

You might, however, introduce a heterosexual boy into a room of heterosexual girls or vice versa and except at least one pairing without massively clashing personalities and outlooks.

Also, I'd be prepared to argue that liking dudes is a fairly pivotal gay trait.

RabbitHoleLost
2010-03-09, 04:24 PM
Well, the guy I told told a girl who realy likes me. I hope it dosen't spread.

Just to make sure, i'm going to kille him. :smallannoyed:

The horrors of middle/high school.
Its almost impossible to keep anything a secret.

This happened to me on several occasions, but, even if it does spread, it'll die down when something fresher and more "scandalous" comes 'round.

CrimsonAngel
2010-03-09, 04:28 PM
Like the time everyone saw a used condom in the middle of the hallway!

Lyesmith
2010-03-09, 05:12 PM
If it does get so massively out that denial isn't really an issue, just don't panic too much about it. I told a couple of people at school and it eventually just became accepted as fact, and there's never really been any fuss.

If you act like nothing is really different, it'll ease it massively.

Moonshadow
2010-03-10, 07:32 AM
I need some help :smallfrown:

As a newly liberated bisexual, I've been browsing for literature to read up about it, and some of the things I've come across have made me feel a bit bad and offended, namely Bisexual Erasure and Biphobia and its ilk.

I'm happy being who I am, and I'm comfortable with my sexuality, but it kinda gets to me how people can think that bisexuality doesn't exist, its just a cry for attention/person being promiscuous etc

I hate the idea that people seem to want to force you to pick one specific label, that its somehow impossible to like both genders. That people have a stigma against it, thinking that its just because bi's want sex, or are just trying to figure out which gender they really like.

I just feel a bit shaken by the... well, its kinda apathy, and kinda hate, though maybe not so much as homosexuality.

How did you, well, cope I guess? when you read these kinda things for the first time?

I guess I feel a bit silly that its bothering me so much, too :smallfrown:

Lix Lorn
2010-03-10, 07:38 AM
Unfortunately my only coping mechanism is to push it to the back of my mind. Which i'm pretty sure is deeply unhealthy, but it works. For a while Before the inevitable depression of doom.

I'm not a good person to give advice, really. DXD Either that or i need to listen to myself. XD

Derjuin
2010-03-10, 09:18 AM
One thing that might help to remember is that being bisexual isn't unhealthy, just as being (mostly) any other sexuality isn't unhealthy. This might actually be a bad way to think about it, but I usually view most people who decry a sexuality as a "means of gaining attention" or who say it must be "erased" from a certain person are only trying to make themselves feel better because they are uncomfortable around the notion of a different sexuality.

(If this is wrong, please tell me - I don't want to be giving bad advice >>)

Asta Kask
2010-03-10, 09:28 AM
One thing that might help to remember is that being bisexual isn't unhealthy, just as being (mostly) any other sexuality isn't unhealthy. This might actually be a bad way to think about it, but I usually view most people who decry a sexuality as a "means of gaining attention" or who say it must be "erased" from a certain person are only trying to make themselves feel better because they are uncomfortable around the notion of a different sexuality.

Sounds like an accurate analysis to me, but I'm not a sexologist. Oh, and perhaps I would add that in enlightened societies being bisexual isn't unhealthy. There are (and have been) societies where it most definitely is/was.

albis
2010-03-10, 10:13 AM
I need some help :smallfrown:

As a newly liberated bisexual, I've been browsing for literature to read up about it, and some of the things I've come across have made me feel a bit bad and offended, namely Bisexual Erasure and Biphobia and its ilk.

I'm happy being who I am, and I'm comfortable with my sexuality, but it kinda gets to me how people can think that bisexuality doesn't exist, its just a cry for attention/person being promiscuous etc

I hate the idea that people seem to want to force you to pick one specific label, that its somehow impossible to like both genders. That people have a stigma against it, thinking that its just because bi's want sex, or are just trying to figure out which gender they really like.

I just feel a bit shaken by the... well, its kinda apathy, and kinda hate, though maybe not so much as homosexuality.

How did you, well, cope I guess? when you read these kinda things for the first time?

I guess I feel a bit silly that its bothering me so much, too :smallfrown:

Well, there certainly are some people who claim to be something just because it sounds cool (and that's another thing that makes me angry) but the fact that the masses tend to pick one stereotype and plaster it over anyone they can't understand...
...I mostly agree with Derjuin.

....as for how to cope... I just flat out don't care about what those people say, and when they say it directly to me I just answer "can't talk right now, I'm busy ignoring idiocy" and walk off. XD

arguskos
2010-03-10, 11:51 AM
....as for how to cope... I just flat out don't care about what those people say, and when they say it directly to me I just answer "can't talk right now, I'm busy ignoring idiocy" and walk off. XD
I do this. When I told one of my friends I was bi, it was in public. A lady overheard me say this, and started ranting at me that I was going to hell, and I was a sinner, and bisexuality wasn't real, and all this insane stuff. I listened for a minute, just so I heard her complaints, and responded, "Ma'am, if God has an issue with me, I'm sure I'll hear about it somehow. Otherwise, leave me alone to my choices, and I'll leave you to yours." My friend and I then left the store we were at, ending that conversation.

Just... whatever you do, don't get angry back. Don't sink to their level, it makes you as bad as them. Just be confident in the fact that you're happy with yourself, treat them with respect, and you'll come out looking great and they come out looking like a fool.

Beelzebub1111
2010-03-10, 04:32 PM
Well, the stereotype is that Bi girls are really just straight and looking for attention, where bi guys are gay and in denial. Like in nearly all stereotypes, in a few very vocal cases it is true, but in the silent majority it is false. It's just one of those problems

Jacklu
2010-03-10, 11:24 PM
Honestly... I've never been able to get my mind around that belief, that Bi doesn't exist. >.< See, as much as I disagree with it, I can understand where "gay is wrong" people come from. I can understand where "sexuality is a choice" people come from. Again, not agreeing with them, but I get it. The Bisexuality doesn't exist thing... >.< I can't comprehend where it comes from. At all. Maybe the motivation for it, but not the logic. =\

Serpentine
2010-03-10, 11:33 PM
I think it's the idea that sexuality is a switch - *flick* straight, *flick* gay. You put the switch half-way though, and the lights go all buzzy and flickery. Whereas it's really more of a gradient - explaining this is where my chart came from.

Coidzor
2010-03-10, 11:40 PM
That certainly makes more sense as for a possible rationale.

Where this idea of a switch arose from though, is a mystery.

Then again, I'd never heard of people not believing bisexuality existed before. Just people who thought that the majority of young people were just doing it to be trendy.

Jacklu
2010-03-11, 12:24 AM
Which is the other thing I don't understand. The trendy sexuality bit. It might just be because I am mostly asexual, but most people I know tend to view the prospect of having sex outside their preferences as, if not disgusting, unattractive. Maybe I'm just easily confused. :smallconfused:

blackfox
2010-03-11, 12:51 AM
Which is the other thing I don't understand. The trendy sexuality bit. It might just be because I am mostly asexual, but most people I know tend to view the prospect of having sex outside their preferences as, if not disgusting, unattractive. Maybe I'm just easily confused. :smallconfused:I've mostly seen bisexuality being popular as a means of manipulation--girls making out with other girls, etc. to make the boys they want to attract jealous--because it's common (dunno how this works among actual boys) that boys find two girls making out attractive? Or something like that. I think the main idea is that others find it attractive, not necessarily them.

Or something like that.

Nameless Ghost
2010-03-11, 01:13 AM
My experience is mostly that those pretending to be bisexual are doing so because it's the "in" thing to do so. I doubt many of them have even so much as kissed someone of the same sex though - and probably not meaningfully if they have.

(The light in the corridor outside my room keeps flickering. Does that mean it's bisexual? =p)

Sorry, poor attempt at a joke.

Jacklu
2010-03-11, 01:21 AM
Weird. I guess I can understand that. Though I still find it a little hard to grasp. I suppose I am just strange. =P

golentan
2010-03-11, 01:22 AM
My experience is mostly that those claiming to be bisexual are doing so because it's the "in" thing to do so. I doubt many of them have even so much as kissed someone of the same sex though - and probably not meaningfully if they have.

(The light in the corridor outside my room keeps flickering. Does that mean it's bisexual? =p)

Sorry, poor attempt at a joke.

Believe me, we've done a lot more than that. Just because you haven't seen it means nothing.

In my experience, the people who are Bi and don't go for same sex relationships are being fairly pragmatic. There's a lot of headache and prejudice against homosexuality, and for many people it's just not worth it when you do have a viable alternative. Even if you do, PDA isn't a given either.

Jacklu
2010-03-11, 01:36 AM
In my experience, the people who are Bi and don't go for same sex relationships are being fairly pragmatic. There's a lot of headache and prejudice against homosexuality, and for many people it's just not worth it when you do have a viable alternative. Even if you do, PDA isn't a given either.

Does relational happenings factor in there at all? Falling in love, ect... Or all bisexuals who go for the opposite sex are choosing the easier option?

EDIT: Sorry. It's late and the wording there just rubs me the wrong way.

cycoris
2010-03-11, 01:49 AM
Does relational happenings factor in there at all? Falling in love, ect... Or all bisexuals who go for the opposite sex are choosing the easier option?

Um...for me? Yes there is a HUGE rational factor in there. I love people who I choose not to pursue, because it's not viable, or not as viable.

And as for going for the easy option: I'm much pickier about girls than guys, so it's logical that the chances of me finding a guy I both like and think is viable are greater than those with a girl.

arguskos
2010-03-11, 01:55 AM
Eh, so far I've not been in a same-sex long-term relationship, but not really because I care overmuch about the mores of society, but simply cause I haven't found anyone I care for greatly yet. I find the male form alluring and greatly attractive in many cases, but so far, every MIND I've been attracted to was female. I've been watching for a male mind that calls to me, but so far, I haven't found one.

I have no idea what the point of this post was. I thought I was responding to you, golen, but I think I got off track. It's also 2 AM here, and I'm really tired. Sorry. :smallsigh:

RS14
2010-03-11, 02:00 AM
Also, there's the simple problem that potential same sex partners are statistically less common. All the guys I have crushes on have girlfriends. :smallsigh: