PDA

View Full Version : [3.5]Weapon Category Shenanigans

TaintedLight
2010-02-26, 01:28 AM
I'm trying to make a gish swashbuckler, but it's been hard finding a weapon that both qualifies for Greater Mighty Wallop and Weapon Finesse. Is there a spell, feat, weapon, material, or property that can help me out? Assume MIC and SpC with full wizard casting. Feats are all available too.

tonberrian
2010-02-26, 01:41 AM
Light Mace? In Core?

Kylarra
2010-02-26, 01:47 AM
I'm trying to make a gish swashbuckler, but it's been hard finding a weapon that both qualifies for Greater Mighty Wallop and Weapon Finesse. Is there a spell, feat, weapon, material, or property that can help me out? Assume MIC and SpC with full wizard casting. Feats are all available too.Your hand (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/equipment/weapons.htm#unarmedStrike).

:smallamused:

Godskook
2010-02-26, 01:57 AM
Does Unarmed Strike not work thematically?

TaintedLight
2010-02-26, 02:16 AM
A weapon other than unarmed would be preferred unless you can point me to some nice unarmed enhancements a la weapons.

sonofzeal
2010-02-26, 02:24 AM
A weapon other than unarmed would be preferred unless you can point me to some nice unarmed enhancements a la weapons.
Light Mace, Spiked Gauntlet, Light Hammer, Sap, Light Shield, Nunchaku, and Sai can all be Whalloped and Finessed.

Eloel
2010-02-26, 02:43 AM

Necklace of Natural Attacks from Savage Species. Same cost as enhancing a normal weapon, can have abilities instead of +s on it (a la weapons (!)), works on your unarmed strikes. Done.

Ravens_cry
2010-02-26, 02:52 AM
Necklace of Natural Attacks from Savage Species. Same cost as enhancing a normal weapon, can have abilities instead of +s on it (a la weapons (!)), works on your unarmed strikes. Done.
Yeah, and results in some very, very silly mental images.
MEATBAG ROCKET PUNCH! FLAMING MEATBAG ROCKET PUNCH! ! !
It just gets. . .silly.
For that reason alone, I recommend it most heartily.:smalltongue:

Fortuna
2010-02-26, 03:19 AM
Isn't there an enhancement which, when combined with an ANA, lets you shrink arbitrarily small without losing movement speed or strength?

Devils_Advocate
2010-02-26, 03:09 PM
In 3.5, it's the Amulet of Mighty Fists (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/magicItems/wondrousItems.htm#amuletofMightyFists), which costs three times as much as a normal weapon enhancement. Ouch. On the other hand, it applies to all of your natural weapons, whereas you multiply the cost of the Necklace of Natural Weapons by the number of natural weapons affected.

Eloel
2010-02-26, 03:11 PM
In 3.5, it's the Amulet of Mighty Fists (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/magicItems/wondrousItems.htm#amuletofMightyFists), which costs three times as much as a normal weapon enhancement. Ouch. On the other hand, it applies to all of your natural weapons, whereas you multiply the cost of the Necklace of Natural Weapons by the number of natural weapons affected.

No it isn't, actually.
Amulet of Mighty Fists != Necklace of Natural Attacks. Just because they're similar doesn't mean one is an update of the other, they both exist (see the Stunning Surge argument from a few days ago)

subject42
2010-02-26, 03:15 PM
Can you use the aptitude weapon enchantment for this?

oxybe
2010-02-26, 03:33 PM
Yeah, and results in some very, very silly mental images.
MEATBAG ROCKET PUNCH! FLAMING MEATBAG ROCKET PUNCH! ! !
It just gets. . .silly.
For that reason alone, I recommend it most heartily.:smalltongue:

you have to say it properly:

FLUAAAAAAMIIIING... ROOOOOOKETTTTTOOOOOO... PAAAAAAAAAWWWNCH!

Eldariel
2010-02-26, 03:41 PM
Improved Unarmed Strike and Superior Unarmed Strike mean you can get nice base damage for UA strike so you actually benefit of Greater Magic Weapon to boot!