PDA

View Full Version : [3.5] The skald warrior, song and fury and howling storm: bard/barb feats

golden pony
2010-02-26, 01:52 AM
Hello, I've been a long time reader of the comic and sometimes run my homebrew campagin with some friends. One wanted to play a bard/barbarian hybrid. We enjoy a lot to RP but also like powerful builds without spending hours optimizing.

After checking the potential of a bard/barb PrC, we came to the conclusion that without a more specialized role/path/ideal and background and fluff, such class is little more than a hybrid enhancing type of PrC.

We would like maybe to create later on a more specialized, hybrid barb/bard PrC for which the following feats would be a prerequisite and that would have a more unique fluff and flavor. We use the pathfinder game (like a DnD 3.6), so I'll first briefly explain 3 of its rules (that are on OGL) so you can understand the feat fully.

First, we use bardic performance instead of music: a bard can do his "bardic music" without being musical- oratory, acting, etc count as well.
Also, a barbarian or bard can use his rage or bardic performance rage a number of rounds per day equal to his (lv*2 + Con or Cha, respectively + 2) and is not limited by number of uses per day.
Finally, a barbarian get every other level a Rage power, which is a special ability that can be used during rage and some of which require a minimum barbarian level. It is a core barbarian concept.

While the 2 first feas could perhaps seem a little underpowered, I think the final one makes up for that. Sorry for the bad English. Enjoy.

Skald warrior
Your bardic performance grants you a greater insight into your inner fury, and your rage allows you to deliver more impacting performances.

Prerequisite: Rage and bardic performance abilities.

Benefit: Your bard levels stack with your barbarian levels for the purposes of meeting Rage power prerequisites and your barbarian levels stack with your bard levels for the purposes of determining your Inspire courage bonus.

Song and fury
Your bardic performance and rage abilities can last an extraordinary amount of time.

Prerequisite: Rage and bardic performance abilities.

Benefit: Half your bard levels stack with your barbarian levels when determining the number of rounds per day you can Rage and half your barbarian levels stack with your bard levels when determining the number of rounds you can use Bardic performance per day.

Howling rage
Your have have blended your bardic abilities with your fury.

Prerequisite: Skald warrior, Song and fury

Benefit: You can perform your bardic music while raging. Using howling rage for a round consumes 2 rounds of your rage daily use and 2 rounds of your bardic performance daily use.