PDA

View Full Version : Oracle Theurge

Steelblood
2010-02-26, 02:40 AM
I was looking over the Oracle class for Pathfinder and i was curious if the spells granted from the Foci would count towards the 2nd lvl arcane spells you need to cast as a prereq for Mystic Theurge. Maybe i'm just reading it wrong or maybe the the arcane spells listed to be learned through Focus count as divine. If so what possibilities can you think of for throwing divine fireballs? If they do count as arcane, which i see that they may not, what would happen if you try to prestige into Mystic Theurge at lvl 6?

Ellington
2010-02-26, 02:47 AM
They count as divine spells.

Steelblood
2010-02-26, 03:05 AM
"If so what possibilities can you think of for throwing divine fireballs?"

Steelblood
2010-02-26, 03:53 AM
Normaly divine casters can't use things like wand of Fireball, but if it's on their spell list as divine could they use it then?

Yora
2010-02-26, 04:22 AM
No. At some place (probably in the DMG) it's stated, that a cleric could for example not use a hold person wand created by a wizard, because it's an "arcane hold person" spell. He could use one created by a cleric, but that wand could not be used by a wizard.
So he can't use an item that casts an arcane fireball, even though he has divine fireball on his spell list.

Steelblood
2010-02-26, 04:34 AM
Thank you for the clarification, looks like i'll need an item creation feat then:smallsmile:

Devils_Advocate
2010-02-26, 10:49 PM
No. At some place (probably in the DMG) it's stated, that a cleric could for example not use a hold person wand created by a wizard, because it's an "arcane hold person" spell.
Note: This is a lie. Scrolls work this way; wands do not. This remains in Pathfinder as it was in 3.5, as does fireball sucking next to, say, haste.