PDA

View Full Version : [D&D] Looking for an old homebrew: The Esper

Draxar
2010-02-26, 12:08 PM
I'm trying to hunt down an old homebrew class called 'The Esper'.

Essentially, it was a Psionic Warlock that made quite a lot of use of Psionic Focus. It replaced Eldritch Blast with 'Telekinetic Fury' a scaling damage melee touch attack with reach if you wanted. It had 'manifestations' as its at will abilities, which I believe had some kind of 'tree' structure where you needed X to get Y to get Z.

I've got the level table for it, but far from all of its powers. I'm somewhat tempted to use it in a game, possibly sticking it on an unbodied (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/psionic/monsters/unbodied.htm), but I could use a fuller description of its powers. So, if anyone else can find it, or has it lying around saved on their hard disk, it'd be much appreciated if you could help me.

Mulletmanalive
2010-02-26, 12:28 PM
I couldn't find what you refer to in the forum's history. Probably not here anymore but then, sometimes things are archived. You could try asking Roland, i dunno.

More recently, there's TableTopNuke's Mindscourge (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=131476&highlight=mindscourge) though that doesn't have the tree thing you refer to.

Draxar
2010-02-26, 03:28 PM
I couldn't find what you refer to in the forum's history. Probably not here anymore but then, sometimes things are archived. You could try asking Roland, i dunno.

More recently, there's TableTopNuke's Mindscourge (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=131476&highlight=mindscourge) though that doesn't have the tree thing you refer to.

Whoops, sorry for not making things clear; It wasn't orginally posted here.

I think it might've been on the old Wizards forums or somesuch, I'm just asking here as it's the gaming forum I primarily inhabit, and there's a chance someone from here could know of it.

And I have to admit I'm not that bowled over by the mindscourge, as it feels too much like 'take Warlock, turn all its abilities into psionic versions' given the UMD and fast healing class features. I'd rather have something that takes the broader concept of Warlock (not running out of power), and runs with it in a more specifically Psionic fashion.

DracoDei
2010-02-26, 05:48 PM
Have you tried going to Google, clicking "advanced search" and using the "site" option to limit the search to each site you think it might be on one at a time?

Melayl
2010-02-26, 10:33 PM
Try Dreamscarred Press. If it's not on their site, someone on their boards will probably know where to find it. They kinda specialize in psionics.

DaTedinator
2010-02-27, 12:37 AM
And I have to admit I'm not that bowled over by the mindscourge, as it feels too much like 'take Warlock, turn all its abilities into psionic versions' given the UMD and fast healing class features. I'd rather have something that takes the broader concept of Warlock (not running out of power), and runs with it in a more specifically Psionic fashion.

Ah, the Psionic X. Were you around on the Wizards forums when the XPH first came out? Things like that were everywhere. Psionic liches and other undead were the most common. It was staggering.

But yeah. Did some google searching for you, and I regret to inform you that I don't think it's online anymore. I could be wrong, but if it is online, I don't think it's anywhere google can reach it.

Good luck in your search!