PDA

View Full Version : Foundling Monk Build [3.5]

LichPrinceAlim
2010-02-26, 12:11 PM
Yes, monk for melee sux bawlz. However, what if he was NOT what he seemed?

Race: Half-Ogre
Class: Monster 2/Monk 5/Tattooed Monk 10/X 3

Issue is, I need one more PrC. Any thoughts?

Dusk Eclipse
2010-02-26, 12:12 PM
Bear Warrior?... fist of the forest?... not sure, there is a monk guide hosted at BG, might be good to check it

Kurald Galain
2010-02-26, 12:16 PM
Yes, monk for melee sux bawlz. However, what if he was NOT what he seemed?

Race: Half-Ogre
Class: Monster 2/Monk 5/Tattooed Monk 10/X 3

Er, how is that not what he seems? He looks like a big guy that punches people. He is a big guy that punches people. Am I missing something here?

Eloel
2010-02-26, 12:17 PM
Er, how is that not what he seems? He looks like a big guy that punches people. He is a big guy that punches people. Am I missing something here?

He looks like a big guy capable of doing something.
He's a monk.

He is not what he seems like.

Last Laugh
2010-02-26, 12:17 PM
Bear warrior might be hard for a monk to get into (unless there is a lawful way to get rage)
fist of the forest would be cool (con->ac and much faster damage progression) you would have to take great fortitude. also it's only 3 levels long (woo!)

Kylarra
2010-02-26, 12:20 PM
Why Monk5? I've seen 1/2/4/occasionally 6, but never 5...

Dusk Eclipse
2010-02-26, 12:22 PM
Bear warrior might be hard for a monk to get into (unless there is a lawful way to get rage)
(woo!)

Ex monk with one level of barbarian OR half orc parago (using a half orc half ogre)

fist of the forest would be cool (con->ac and much faster damage progression) you would have to take great fortitude. also it's only 3 levels long (woo!)

I suppose this big guy got loads of con

Last Laugh
2010-02-26, 12:59 PM
I sorta thought that Half-orc and Half-ogre are both races not templates?
are you allowed to do halfsies and get the bonuses of both?
(if so then do orc/half-ogre)

Dusk Eclipse
2010-02-26, 01:02 PM
I sorta thought that Half-orc and Half-ogre are both races not templates?
are you allowed to do halfsies and get the bonuses of both?
(if so then do orc/half-ogre)

There is a half-ogre race in Savage Species and a template in Races of Destiny (or maybe vice-versa, not sure)

LichPrinceAlim
2010-02-26, 02:04 PM
Why Monk5? I've seen 1/2/4/occasionally 6, but never 5...

I like to divide the stuff evenly as often as possible, however, this may not be a good case of this in action. I have to use Monk (not Unarmed swordsage) because of Tattooed Monk. So it could look like:

Half-Ogre
Monster 2/Overwhelming Strike Monk 5/Tattooed Monk 10/Fist of the Forest 3

And I neglected to put Feats, which are:

Superior Unarmed Strike, Fist of Iron, Flying Kick, Snap Kick, Monkey Beats the Gong*, Greater Monkey Beats the Gong**, Awesome Blow, Mantis Leap

Flaws: Murky-Eyed, Shaky
Traits: Quick, Aggressive

* Monkey Beats the Gong: If you hit with your Flurry of Blows, you gain an Attack of Opprotunity

**If you hit with MBtG, you gain an AoO. If you hit with this AoO, you gain another...ect.

Master_Rahl22
2010-02-26, 02:25 PM
The question was why are you stopping at Monk 5? Monk 2 and Monk 6 are both much better breakpoints to leave the Monk class. Since you're already going with 5 levels of Monk, why not grab one more and get another bonus feat, +1 BAB and saves, and another speed boost? Also, I'd strongly recommend Fist of the Forest (Complete Champion) for the last few levels.

Sinfire Titan
2010-02-26, 02:26 PM
You only need 1 level in Fist of the Forest to get Con to AC. Either ditch 3rd and upgrade Monk to Monk 6 instead of 5, or take levels in Disciple of the Eye (Races of the Dragon) instead of Monk.

LichPrinceAlim
2010-02-26, 02:30 PM
You only need 1 level in Fist of the Forest to get Con to AC. Either ditch 3rd and upgrade Monk to Monk 6 instead of 5, or take levels in Disciple of the Eye (Races of the Dragon) instead of Monk.

Like this idea!!!!

So its

Monster 2/Monk 6/Tattooed Monk 10/Fist of the Forest 1/Disciple of the Eye 1

Sinfire Titan
2010-02-26, 03:00 PM
Like this idea!!!!

So its

Monster 2/Monk 6/Tattooed Monk 10/Fist of the Forest 1/Disciple of the Eye 1

...You misunderstood me. Use Disciple of the Eye instead of Monk levels entirely. The only thing you lose out on is feats and Wis to AC, but you get a Nat Armor bonus, Blindsense 24/7, and a few other class features. You can then make up for the loses by take 5 levels in Warblade, or Warblade 3/Fighter 2 if you really need the feats.

Pluto
2010-02-26, 04:58 PM
Why Tatooed Monk?

Especially Tatooed Monk 10... that level is dead.

lord_khaine
2010-02-26, 05:14 PM
Where is diciple of the eye from?