PDA

View Full Version : Elemental Power [Synergy] D&D 3.5

JasonP
2010-02-26, 12:44 PM
So I was looking in the DMGII and saw the Air/Earth/Fire/Water Elemental Power weapon enchantments. They all require a +1 enchantment of elemental damage of the same type as the elemental power to put the enchant on it and it allows you to summon an elemental for a certain number of rounds, once a day.

Can anyone tell me what enchantment I should add if I want to put a Shadow Elemental Power enchantment on a weapon? The only one that sounds right to me would be Ghost Touch maybe.

Also, has anyone used the Elemental Power enchants and can tell me if they are even worthwhile? I will be playing a Dark Whisper Gnome Beguiler if that helps.

JasonP
2010-02-26, 05:54 PM
Anyone?
I figured that this would either be an easy one or a tough one. Guess it's the latter.

hamishspence
2010-02-26, 05:56 PM
There are Shadow-based magic weapon properties in Magic Item Compendium, and Tome of Magic.

Which also has Shadow elementals, and Shadow genies.

So it would go quite well with that.

JasonP
2010-02-26, 06:30 PM
The only weapon property I see that is specifically shadow in the Magic Item Compendium is Shadowstrike which is 5,000gp (a little more than +2) don't think quite works and in Tome of Magic there is only Shadow Striking which is +3. Am I missing something?

Yes Shadow elementals work perfect for this, I got the idea because I had already read about them.

hamishspence
2010-02-27, 12:34 PM
There is a distinct lack of "shadow" and "shadowy burst" weapons.

Given that shadow elementals do cold damage, maybe a refluffed Frost and Frost Burst would do?

Profane and Profane Burst are more negative energy than shadow.