PDA

View Full Version : I'm trying my own stupid internet trick...and how Erfworld helped me.

Talanic
2010-02-26, 05:38 PM
I'm an unpublished author, and sadly I'm less than fully employed. Last week, I did something that, by all rights, should probably have fallen entirely flat. I listed a single pre-publication copy of my book on Ebay, along with my first ever autograph and a link to a preview of the first chapter.

For the first couple days, nothing big happened, until Rob Balder of Erfworld declared that he thought the book was worthy of publishing, and plugged the auction. Since then, it's gotten 28 bids, reaching a total of $77.

I don't know if it's going to get higher, but the interest people have shown in the work is heartening. I've also gotten more reviews through the preview link than I got in the past full year - and an average rating of four stars (out of five).

If anyone is interested in checking it out, you can find it here (http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=280467212721).

npc revolution
2010-02-26, 05:43 PM
Not really interested in buying, but thought you deserve congratulations.

Congratulations!:smallsmile:

Talanic
2010-02-26, 07:38 PM
Thanks, although I'm not really sure exactly what for, at times. It feels like the book is just something that I do because I'm a storyteller - and the auction and all seems like it's just luck.

Kyouhen
2010-02-27, 01:51 PM
Actually, the auction was a pretty good idea. And massive congrats on having Rob plug it. Getting word out is always good, and now you have people interested in getting their hands on your book. Hope you get published soon! :smallsmile: