PDA

View Full Version : Love

MethosH
2010-02-26, 10:21 PM
Welcome to...

http://zecarioca.net/Imagens2010/LoveLogo.png

I know what you guys are thinking... "Hey Methos! What the hell are you doing? Stop creating new comics and go finish The Prestige and Reality already!"

To that I say: "Well... Err... Oh... Just let me have my fun! Come one! You know I'm going to update all of them! It just may take a while... :smallredface:"

Anyway... So here is Love. A story about dreams, love and death. I hope you enjoy.

Comics:

Cover comic:

http://zecarioca.net/Imagens2010/LoveCover.png

Current comic:

http://zecarioca.net/Imagens2010/Love008.png

Archive:

Love Cover (http://zecarioca.net/Imagens2010/LoveCover.png)
Love 1 (http://zecarioca.net/Imagens2010/Love001.png)
Love 2 (http://zecarioca.net/Imagens2010/Love002.png)
Love 3 (http://zecarioca.net/Imagens2010/Love003.png)
Love 4 (http://zecarioca.net/Imagens2010/Love004.png)
Love 5 (http://zecarioca.net/Imagens2010/Love005.png)
Love 6 (http://zecarioca.net/Imagens2010/Love006.png)
Love 7 (http://zecarioca.net/Imagens2010/Love007.png)
Love 8 (http://zecarioca.net/Imagens2010/Love008.png)

Cizak
2010-02-28, 05:07 AM
I know what you guys are thinking... "Hey Methos! What the hell are you doing? Stop creating new comics and go finish The Prestige and Reality already!"

Yes, exactly. Exactly what I was thinking when I saw you had created another comic.

But I still love you, so no worries! :smallbiggrin:

Although if you don't update The Prestige soon, I'm gonna hunt you down and make you!

Green-Shirt Q
2010-02-28, 09:18 AM
I have a feeling everything's going to work out okay for Roxanne. :smalltongue:

To that I say: "Well... Err... Oh... Just let me have my fun! Come one! You know I'm going to update all of them! It just may take a while... :smallredface:"

Didn't you have a third comic, too? I think it was called Knock or something... :smallconfused:

Oh well. Hope this one lasts longer.

CrimsonAngel
2010-02-28, 09:40 AM
You're becoming me.

Szilard
2010-02-28, 10:09 AM
Crimson, back in the initial comic boom, I had Zombie Stickmen, Pirates of the Town, was an artist for Nights at the Round Table (or an equally punny name, I can never remember), and was also involved in ABR.

So Crimson, it is you, who in fact, became me. Except I'm not emo. :smalltongue: (Totally a joke, if offended I'll totally take this out.)

As for the comic itself, Love is all we need. 8 days a week. And you can't buy it. :smalltongue:

Silverraptor
2010-02-28, 12:40 PM

Didn't you have a third comic, too? I think it was called Knock or something... :smallconfused:

It was "Knack".

GrlumpTheElder
2010-02-28, 12:44 PM
Another comic by MethosHazara?!?!?

Well, atleast we know one thing, it will be of a high standard :D

CrimsonAngel
2010-02-28, 12:48 PM
Crimson, back in the initial comic boom, I had Zombie Stickmen, Pirates of the Town, was an artist for Nights at the Round Table (or an equally punny name, I can never remember), and was also involved in ABR.

So Crimson, it is you, who in fact, became me. Except I'm not emo. :smalltongue: (Totally a joke, if offended I'll totally take this out.)

As for the comic itself, Love is all we need. 8 days a week. And you can't buy it. :smalltongue:

I'm not Emo!!!

MethosH
2010-02-28, 02:23 PM
Yes, exactly. Exactly what I was thinking when I saw you had created another comic.

But I still love you, so no worries! :smallbiggrin:

Although if you don't update The Prestige soon, I'm gonna hunt you down and make you!

Fear not, I'll update The Prestige tomorrow. :smallbiggrin:

You'll find that out tomorrow on the next Love update :smallbiggrin:

It's called "Knack" and it's a project by me and Rownse. Since Rownse is absent from the playground at the time I just can't update it alone.

You're becoming me.

I wish. You are the master of OotS-Style hair. :smallbiggrin:

I remember Zombie Stickmen.. the others not so much :smalltongue:

It was "Knack".

:smallbiggrin:

Another comic by MethosHazara?!?!?

Well, atleast we know one thing, it will be of a high standard :D

Hey! Thanks :smallbiggrin:

Maximum Zersk
2010-02-28, 03:11 PM
I think I might like this. In fact, I think I might "Love" this.

Ahahaha. *shot*

MethosH
2010-03-01, 12:46 PM
I think I might like this. In fact, I think I might "Love" this.

Ahahaha. *shot*

Hahahahaha :smallbiggrin:

By the way... New comic is up :smallcool:

Felyndiira
2010-03-01, 12:55 PM
I "love" this comic so far, Methy, probably more so than the other two. Can't wait for the next update :smallbiggrin:.

MethosH
2010-03-01, 01:01 PM
I "love" this comic so far, Methy, probably more so than the other two. Can't wait for the next update :smallbiggrin:.

Thanks Fel :smallbiggrin:
I'm trying to improve every time I make a new comic :smallbiggrin:

Hey! Nice to see you back in the playground! :smallsmile:

Maximum Zersk
2010-03-01, 06:42 PM
Hmmm, do I smell conspiracy?

As always, amazing comic, Methos.

Arti3
2010-03-01, 07:05 PM
I enjoy all of your comics and this one is no exception. Keep updating!

CrimsonAngel
2010-03-01, 09:37 PM

You poor, foolish teenager. :smallannoyed:

Dvandemon
2010-03-01, 10:05 PM
MethosHazara please, please finish one story for the sake of my sanity.

MethosH
2010-03-01, 10:09 PM
MethosHazara please, please finish one story for the sake of my sanity.

I'm going to finish all of them! It will just take a while. I have at least a 200 comics arc story for the first chapter of The Prestige, and I have 3 chapters in mind.

I think Reality, that will actually end some day, will take around 150-200 comics.

I'm not sure about this one :smallbiggrin:

I was going to update The Prestige today, but the mother of my brother in law had a heart problem and we all got a little worried today. :smallfrown:

Silverraptor
2010-03-02, 12:57 AM
I'm going to finish all of them! It will just take a while. I have at least a 200 comics arc story for the first chapter of The Prestige, and I have 3 chapters in mind.

I think Reality, that will actually end some day, will take around 150-200 comics.

I'm not sure about this one :smallbiggrin:

I was going to update The Prestige today, but the mother of my brother in law had a heart problem and we all got a little worried today. :smallfrown:

Family always comes before us, Methos.:smallsmile:

Atronach
2010-03-03, 07:43 PM
... Interesting...

Can someone link me to "Knack," please?

MethosH
2010-03-04, 10:49 AM
... Interesting...

Can someone link me to "Knack," please?

Knack is over here (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=124938)

There is also a Index to the Fancomics (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=126060) :smallwink:

Atronach
2010-03-04, 10:23 PM
So do you have any update schedule planned for "Love"? Or do all of your comics follow the update schedule shown on your "The Prestige" original post?
Oh, almost forgot, thanks for the link.

MethosH
2010-03-04, 11:57 PM
So do you have any update schedule planned for "Love"? Or do all of your comics follow the update schedule shown on your "The Prestige" original post?
Oh, almost forgot, thanks for the link.

Actually my comics don't have an update schedule :smalltongue:
I really wish I could make an update schedule, but I simply can't... Real life is a demanding lover.

Silverraptor
2010-03-05, 12:08 AM
I really wish I could make an update schedule, but I simply can't... Real life is a demanding lover.

Same with me Methos. It's like we have so much in common.:smallcool:

MethosH
2010-03-05, 12:41 AM
Same with me Methos. It's like we have so much in common.:smallcool:

did your inkscape just crashed while you were making a new comic? :smallbiggrin:

mine did... I will finish this tomorrow =P
going to bed now

Dallas-Dakota
2010-03-05, 09:37 AM
Psst,
In comic 2, it's ''But there was nobody in the house'', not were. Or something like that.
/Grammar nazi.

Keris
2010-03-05, 10:33 AM
On the subject of pedantry:
Comic 1: "And life come and bitch slap you in the face" should be "slaps you in the face". You may want to consider hyphenating "bitch slap", but it's not necessary.
"I was living my life like a garden of red roses from a child's draw" should probably be drawing.
"Beautifully" should possibly be beautiful. Beautiful is the adjective, beautifully is an adverb, used to modify parts of speech that aren't nouns. If you are describing how he lives his life ("He lived his life beautifully."), then keep it as it is, but if you're furthering the simile ("He lived lived his life like a beautiful garden of roses."), then it should be an adjective.
Similarly for "and naive", although reversed. If you're furthering the simile, keep it as it is, but change it to "naively" if you're describing how he lived his life. Additionally, I personally prefer spellingnaive with the diacritic (as naïve) but it's a matter of personal preference.

Comic 2: In addition to the were/was (were is plural in the third person, was is singular. E.g., "there were many", "there was one".), matches in "the blood matches the shirt" should be matched. Matches is the present tense, and the narration so far has been in the past tense.

All in all, a good start to the comic. It reminds me somewhat of Braid and The Company of Myself, as both had similar backgrounds, but I'm interested to see where you go with this.

Atronach
2010-03-06, 05:15 PM

I was actually referring to the update schedule of "I will update when I can".

Also, no kidding.

MethosH
2010-03-06, 10:09 PM
On the subject of pedantry:
Comic 1: "And life come and bitch slap you in the face" should be "slaps you in the face". You may want to consider hyphenating "bitch slap", but it's not necessary.
"I was living my life like a garden of red roses from a child's draw" should probably be drawing.
"Beautifully" should possibly be beautiful. Beautiful is the adjective, beautifully is an adverb, used to modify parts of speech that aren't nouns. If you are describing how he lives his life ("He lived his life beautifully."), then keep it as it is, but if you're furthering the simile ("He lived lived his life like a beautiful garden of roses."), then it should be an adjective.
Similarly for "and naive", although reversed. If you're furthering the simile, keep it as it is, but change it to "naively" if you're describing how he lived his life. Additionally, I personally prefer spellingnaive with the diacritic (as naïve) but it's a matter of personal preference.

Comic 2: In addition to the were/was (were is plural in the third person, was is singular. E.g., "there were many", "there was one".), matches in "the blood matches the shirt" should be matched. Matches is the present tense, and the narration so far has been in the past tense.

All in all, a good start to the comic. It reminds me somewhat of Braid and The Company of Myself, as both had similar backgrounds, but I'm interested to see where you go with this.

Thanks for the corrections.
Unfortunately I'll only change the second comic since I lost the first on due to an InkScape crash =/

I'll make the changes today when I upload Love 3

MethosH
2010-03-06, 10:27 PM
Love 3 is up.
Love 2 was fixed.

Maximum Zersk
2010-03-06, 10:34 PM
Ooh, suspense.

Why don't the mouths move? Is it because the main character is recalling all of this?

MethosH
2010-03-06, 10:41 PM
Ooh, suspense.

Why don't the mouths move? Is it because the main character is recalling all of this?

Maybe the mouths are actually moving, but in that particular moment they were all precise in that pause between words! :smallbiggrin:

Nahh... I was going to make the mouths move, but as I was drawing I figured it would be a nice touch since the story isn't actually taking place in the present.

EDIT: By the way, there is a clue hidden on Love 2 about what is going to happen.

Maximum Zersk
2010-03-06, 10:45 PM
I think I might see it, but I'll just see what happens.

Dvandemon
2010-03-06, 10:54 PM
"Of course I haven't been eaten, since i'm talking to you right now" :smallwink::smallbiggrin:

MethosH
2010-03-06, 11:51 PM
"Of course I haven't been eaten, since i'm talking to you right now" :smallwink::smallbiggrin:

Ops... Used the wrong word... >_< Fixed!

try that again...

Rowsen
2010-03-07, 08:45 AM
Another Methos comic? Sweet. I can't wait to see where this goes.

MethosH
2010-03-09, 09:06 PM
Another Methos comic? Sweet. I can't wait to see where this goes.

Support is what keep these comics going :smallbiggrin:

New comic is up

Maximum Zersk
2010-03-09, 09:42 PM
Neat. Little nitpick tho',

Panel 3: "I just didn't knew why he wouldn't share it." should be "I just didn't know why he wouldn't share it."

Szilard
2010-03-09, 10:01 PM
Support is what keep these comics going :smallbiggrin:

New comic is up

This gives me an idea for a "Support our comics" ribbon. Except it's a banner, but it still looks like a ribbon. I wonder what color it would be.

MethosH
2010-03-09, 10:29 PM
Neat. Little nitpick tho',

Panel 3: "I just didn't knew why he wouldn't share it." should be "I just didn't know why he wouldn't share it."

Are you sure? Knew is the past of know... And he is telling something that already happen. In the past.

This gives me an idea for a "Support our comics" ribbon. Except it's a banner, but it still looks like a ribbon. I wonder what color it would be.

make it red :smallbiggrin:

Maximum Zersk
2010-03-09, 10:47 PM
I'm sure. :smalltongue: There are lot of exceptions to rules in the English language.

MethosH
2010-03-09, 10:53 PM
I'm sure. :smalltongue: There are lot of exceptions to rules in the English language.

That damn english won't give me a break! :smalltongue:

Szilard
2010-03-09, 11:19 PM

English should be capitalized as it's a proper noun or something like that. :smalltongue:

X2
2010-03-10, 12:00 AM
Oh great! I can't wait until you get to the part where you combine Hey Jude and the Sgt Pepper reprise.

http://www.soundstagedirect.com/media/beatles_love.jpg
:smalltongue:

MethosH
2010-03-10, 12:12 AM
Oh great! I can't wait until you get to the part where you combine Hey Jude and the Sgt Pepper reprise.

http://www.soundstagedirect.com/media/beatles_love.jpg
:smalltongue:

DAMN! I should have seen this one coming! :smalltongue:

Keris
2010-03-10, 01:56 PM
Have you considered sending the script to a native speaker to be grammar checked before you upload it? It'd cut down on the the little things you miss.

MethosH
2010-03-18, 10:09 AM
New comic is up! This one has the SilverRaptor's Seal of Approval.
Now I need to go out to buy some food before I starve to death :smallbiggrin:

Cizak
2010-03-18, 11:23 AM
BFFs, they always understand each other :smallbiggrin:

Darklord Xavez
2010-03-18, 04:40 PM
This is truly, in my opinion, one of the greatest webcomics on this site. At least in the top 3. It truly shows some talent in the storytelling, it uses the same style of art as OOTS but not the same style as writing, and it really stands out among the rest. I am very glad that I found this comic.
-Xavez
P.S. In Love 2, is it the map that is telling you what might happen? Just a guess.

MethosH
2010-03-18, 07:50 PM
This is truly, in my opinion, one of the greatest webcomics on this site. At least in the top 3. It truly shows some talent in the storytelling, it uses the same style of art as OOTS but not the same style as writing, and it really stands out among the rest. I am very glad that I found this comic.
-Xavez
P.S. In Love 2, is it the map that is telling you what might happen? Just a guess.

Good try, but no. The map tells more about what has already gone than about what will happen :smallbiggrin:

dragongirl13
2010-03-18, 10:03 PM
I really, really like the whole "Film Noir" style of this webcomic. The story is incredibly compelling. I will continue to read it.

The art is great too.

CrimsonAngel
2010-03-18, 10:08 PM
What does the small peice of paper in the bottom right hand corner say in Love 2?

MethosH
2010-03-18, 11:00 PM
What does the small peice of paper in the bottom right hand corner say in Love 2?

The one near two pictures or the one near one picture? :smallconfused:

Keris
2010-03-19, 01:11 AM
New comic is up! This one has the SilverRaptor's Seal of Approval.
Something like this (http://img217.imageshack.us/img217/6540/1f9dd49ada074f339de9c45.png)? :smalltongue:

Errata:

"Alex?! Calmn down!"
"Calmn" should be "Calm". Additionally, you could consider using an interrobang ( ‽ ) instead of "?!". You needn't use it, it's a non-standard punctuation mark, like the percontation point ( ؟ ), but you could consider it anyway. :smalltongue:

"If do they'll cut off my balls."
You need an I between "If" and "do" here.

"If you don't I'll set them on fire."
In this and the previous quote, the conditional clause should be separated by a comma. (As in, "If I do, they'll [...]" and "If you don't, I'll [...]".) A comma is only needed if you begin the sentence with the conditional clause, so it is possible to rephrase the sentence to avoid one, e.g., "They'll cut off my balls if I do".

As I left I knew I've set things in motion by going there.
This should be "I knew I'd set things in motion". As the event occurred in the past, with respect to an event in the past, it uses the pluperfect tense. If it only occurred in the past with respect to the present, it'd be the present perfect tense.
"I know I have set things in motion" has the action (setting things in motion) occur before something in the present (knowing). So it uses the present perfect, and "have".
"I knew I had set things in motion" has the action occur before something in the past. So it uses the pluperfect, and "had".

His place was bugged so they already knew about me
Again, a comma between clause, this time two independent clauses, "his place was bugged" and "they already knew about me", joined with a conjunction, "so". The comma goes just before the conjunction.

Blood and fire were now sure to follow
While I can't find anything specifically at fault here, the placing of "now" feels wrong. Consider "now blood and fire were sure to follow", "blood and fire were sure to follow now" as alternatives.
Isn't grammar fun؟ :smallwink:

MethosH
2010-03-19, 01:52 AM
Something like this (http://img217.imageshack.us/img217/6540/1f9dd49ada074f339de9c45.png)? :smalltongue:

Errata:

"Calmn" should be "Calm". Additionally, you could consider using an interrobang ( ‽ ) instead of "?!". You needn't use it, it's a non-standard punctuation mark, like the percontation point ( ؟ ), but you could consider it anyway. :smalltongue:

You need an I between "If" and "do" here.

In this and the previous quote, the conditional clause should be separated by a comma. (As in, "If I do, they'll [...]" and "If you don't, I'll [...]".) A comma is only needed if you begin the sentence with the conditional clause, so it is possible to rephrase the sentence to avoid one, e.g., "They'll cut off my balls if I do".

This should be "I knew I'd set things in motion". As the event occurred in the past, with respect to an event in the past, it uses the pluperfect tense. If it only occurred in the past with respect to the present, it'd be the present perfect tense.
"I know I have set things in motion" has the action (setting things in motion) occur before something in the present (knowing). So it uses the present perfect, and "have".
"I knew I had set things in motion" has the action occur before something in the past. So it uses the pluperfect, and "had".

Again, a comma between clause, this time two independent clauses, "his place was bugged" and "they already knew about me", joined with a conjunction, "so". The comma goes just before the conjunction.

While I can't find anything specifically at fault here, the placing of "now" feels wrong. Consider "now blood and fire were sure to follow", "blood and fire were sure to follow now" as alternatives.
Isn't grammar fun؟ :smallwink:

It is fun when you put it in that way!
Check out the new version :smallbiggrin:

Keris
2010-03-19, 11:54 AM
It is fun when you put it in that way!
Damn straight. You never truly understand something until you've explained it. I've spent 19 years learning and speaking English, and I still spent hours trying to work out how and why a phrase "feels wrong". Which is fun, oddly enough. :smallsmile:

Check out the new version :smallbiggrin:
http://img153.imageshack.us/img153/581/goodjob.gif

MethosH
2010-03-27, 12:40 PM
Some of you may have noticed that all my images are down.
That is cuz the host I have made a mistake and everything was erased!
I'm waiting for backup to be restored, so I'll update the comics after that

Cizak
2010-03-27, 12:52 PM
I haven't noticed, because they all work for me :smallconfused:

MethosH
2010-03-28, 06:23 PM
I haven't noticed, because they all work for me :smallconfused:

That is cuz the backup is up again :smallbiggrin:

New comic is up

Darklord Xavez
2010-04-06, 12:17 PM
For MethosHazara's eyes only!
In Love 6, do the two yellow pieces of paper read "the ink flower" (top) and "White Tony" (bottom)?
-Xavez
Erratum: In Love 6, he should say rented instead of rent.

MethosH
2010-04-08, 04:59 PM
For MethosHazara's eyes only!
In Love 6, do the two yellow pieces of paper read "the ink flower" (top) and "White Tony" (bottom)?
-Xavez
Erratum: In Love 6, he should say rented instead of rent.

That is correct :smallbiggrin:

Sorry I've been gone for so long. Personal issues in real life :smallfrown:

Dvandemon
2010-04-12, 07:30 PM
'Cuz we'll love you either way

Atronach
2010-04-16, 05:44 PM
Well it is good to see that your comics should be updating soon.

Darklord Xavez
2010-05-15, 03:26 PM
MethosH, this thread needs to live again. Please update your awesome webcomic.
-Xavez

Cizak
2010-05-15, 05:23 PM
I fell I should point out that's it's only allowed for the author to bump fan comics.

Ninjaman
2010-07-20, 03:14 PM
You´re a freak :belkar: in the good way:thog:

Halna LeGavilk
2010-07-23, 10:43 PM
Just read it and I already love it. Keep up the good work!

MethosH
2010-09-15, 12:21 AM
New comic is up. Hopefully I didn't made too many mistakes. Damn you poor english! :smallbiggrin:

Savannah
2010-09-15, 12:46 AM
I was just debating whether to delete my subscription for this today. So glad I didn't! (I was sad when I found this after it died :smallfrown: Now it's back :smallbiggrin:)

Hopefully I didn't made too many mistakes. Damn you poor english! :smallbiggrin:

I'll proofread 'em for you, if you want :smallbiggrin: (You've got some minor mistakes, but it's all understandable.)

MethosH
2010-09-15, 12:52 AM
I was just debating whether to delete my subscription for this today. So glad I didn't! (I was sad when I found this after it died :smallfrown: Now it's back :smallbiggrin:)

I'll proofread 'em for you, if you want :smallbiggrin: (You've got some minor mistakes, but it's all understandable.)

I've corrected some of the english mistakes, hopefully its all good now :smallbiggrin:

Savannah
2010-09-15, 01:00 AM
"sometimes" in the first sentence should be one word, but otherwise it's all good.

Don't suppose you have plans for reviving your other comics, too? *looks hopeful*

MethosH
2010-09-15, 01:14 AM
"sometimes" in the first sentence should be one word, but otherwise it's all good.

Don't suppose you have plans for reviving your other comics, too? *looks hopeful*

I do plan on it : )

Prestige may be a while... But I will.

Maximum Zersk
2010-09-15, 01:24 AM
Heh, I sent the changes a moment after you put up the comic. :smalltongue:

Looks interesting. Can't wait to see what'll happen next.

The Succubus
2010-09-16, 07:06 PM
Damn, this is an intriguing little gem - a webcomic that doesn't involve swords and sorcery. It kind of reminds me of Braid, in a weird way. Looking forward to seeing more of it.

MethosH
2010-09-24, 11:33 AM
New Love is in the air.

X2
2010-09-25, 03:20 AM
http://ponderingpig.files.wordpress.com/2008/08/1966-love_album_cover.jpeg?

Okay that's the last music reference I promise. :smalltongue: