PDA

View Full Version : Chris Nolan & Co. are going to be busy w/ DC Films

YorickBrown
2010-02-27, 01:40 PM
all my info for this comes from Batman-On-Film.com (http://www.batman-on-film.com/batmovienews.html)

Batman 3 seems to be in the works! it looks like the first draft of the script is currently being written, and may have already been submitted to WB execs. David Goyer has left his role as show runner of Flash Forward to work on B3 w/ Jonathan Nolan. plus location scouting is in the works already in the Chicago financial district again, and shooting could start as soon as the end of this year!

also, it appears that Nolan & Co will working behind the scenes of WB's next Superman movie w/ Goyer & J. Nolan penning the script (http://batman-on-film.com/dccomics-on-film.html) for that one as well. Chris will be a producer & creative consultant but will not be directing based on Jett's info

as a HUGE fan of everything Christopher Nolan has done, i am so excited for this

YorickBrown
2010-02-27, 02:59 PM
a friend just sent this casting idea to me. if this happens, i would be 100% behind it

Michael C. Hall (Dexter) as The Riddler (http://flicksided.com/2010/02/casting-couch-dexters-michael-c-hall-the-riddler/)

nyarlathotep
2010-02-27, 03:03 PM
I personally believe David Tennant would make a better Riddler but Hall could be good too.

The_Question
2010-02-27, 03:04 PM
Well there goes my interest in the movie Superman.

YorickBrown
2010-02-27, 03:11 PM
Well there goes my interest in the movie Superman.

why do you say that?

i thought that Bryan Singer's Superman Returns was extremely disappointing and a script crafted by David Goyer & Jonathan Nolan would be exponentially better

The_Question
2010-02-27, 03:26 PM
why do you say that?

i thought that Bryan Singer's Superman Returns was extremely disappointing and a script crafted by David Goyer & Jonathan Nolan would be exponentially better
Because I'm not that big a fan of Nolan's movies due to them being far to realistic and due to that no Robin and a lot of the villains I like either won't be in films or change and stripped of everything that made them interesting *Ra's, what he did to Ra's was a travesty*. Doesn't help that everything I hear about what they're doing with this Superman movie is the opposite of what I like about Superman, Gim, dark, gritty all because of Nolan's Batman movies.

YorickBrown
2010-02-27, 03:30 PM
i haven't heard anything about the direction of where they're taking Superman, so i can't speak to that but you really don't like the realism of Nolan's Batman movies?

what for you makes the comics, story, characters of the Batman universe interesting? i feel like he's been very faithful to the heart of the story, the characters, the point of Bob Kane's creation.

Jerthanis
2010-02-27, 04:12 PM
Nolan has kind of said that he hates pretty much every aspect of the Batman Mythos that he hasn't already tackled in Batman Begins and The Dark Knight.

Since he doesn't like any of the supernatural foes, any of the physical deformity foes like Penguin or Croc, any of the chintzy ones like Ventriloquist/Scarface or Mad Hatter, or even Catwoman, and since Ghul is dead (or supernatural, which Nolan doesn't like), Dent is dead (or TDK ending makes no sense), and Joker's actor is dead, his choices for villain are abysmally small.

He also doesn't like Robin, so Batman has to do everything himself; or worse, have Gordon end up doing 90% of it, like in the first two movies.

One has to wonder what there is left for Nolan's Batman to do.

I was really hoping for another reboot. Not so much for reasons of past reboots, where the goal was to rid the stench of failure, but instead to quietly respect what had come before and acknowledge that there's nothing really left to do with it.

YorickBrown
2010-02-27, 04:15 PM
word is that the script has a returning villain from TDK...

and with Nolan assuring people that Harvey/Two-Face is D-E-D, dead, they might be looking at bringing back Joker even if it means someone else is going to portray him

:smalleek:

TheBST
2010-02-27, 04:30 PM
no Robin

That was a blessing.

Batman fits a 'realistic' (or at least believable) style more than most comics anyway. Keep the goofiness to a minimum, I say.

Obrysii
2010-02-27, 04:32 PM
I personally believe David Tennant would make a better Riddler but Hall could be god too.

David Tennant or Hugh Laurie for the Riddler.

YorickBrown
2010-02-27, 04:35 PM
Batman fits a 'realistic' (or at least believable) style more than most comics anyway. Keep the goofiness to a minimum, I say.

EXACTLY!!

Superman, Green Lantern, Flash, etc all deserve a bit more of the fantastical approach, however